• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest at Zero Ping (Davie, Florida) Can No Longer Be On 4/20, Discuss Date Here!!

8Bitman

Smash Master
"So it has come to my attention that South Florida's Brawl scene has decreased or faded substantially from former years.

I want to start having SmashFests to "Revive" the scene here and bring many new faces to SFL and into the Brawl Scene. If you're interested, or definitely know that you are coming please please please please please please please please please please bring any of your friends that are interested in Brawl and willing to play and have a fun time, and hopefully learn and improve your/their skills in the process. All we ask is that you bring $5 for the Zero Ping Lan Center Door Fee, so that you are able to play.

I will be arriving there roughly at 6:00 P:M and we will play until everyone wants to leave (The latest I will probably be staying is 12:00 A:M, unless it is active and everyone is still playing.). I intend for it to be a fun and very productive series of Smashfests. I guarantee that if you're new to the scene and want to improve your skills and learn a few things, you can't go wrong with coming."

My Phone number:
954-825-9596. Call/Text me at any time of any day and I will respond and tell you anything that you need to know in case you are curious.

Address:
ZeroPing LAN Center 5450 South State Road 7.
Suite 11. Davie, FL 33024 (954) 632-3679

Things to have:

~ $5 for the Door Fee
~ A Controller for Brawl
~ If you have a set-up (A Wii w/ all cords, and a copy of Brawl) please bring them so a maximum amount of people can be playing at a time. I will be bringing one. =)
~ Friends, if you have any interested in playing.
~ A drive to better your skills/interest/understanding of Brawl. <3

Set-ups:

~ 8Bitman
~
~
~
~
~
~

Thank you and if anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to Post/PM me. =)

8Bitman

Smash Master
Thanks B_AWAL, but yeah Izzy, I am so glad Justin is hosting a tourney the week after, because this isn't just a Smashfest now. It can also be practice for the tourney the next week, and it will probably get more people.

Plus I extremely encourage MM's, Side Events, etc. at these just so we can get every aspect of full on tournament practice.

mewtwotattoo

Smash Rookie
well pimp count me in and add 4 to 6 plus me and it will b two set ups comin wit me ok! the other ppl names are Trav Kee Dro Dee and Robert last one not sure but its a girl named Ashley!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So, I would like to know now if people will be open to critiquing from me.
If not, I'll be quiet during matches.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Gambit, jason is coming, he is driving me. But Adam most likely isn't.

I don't want critiquing from you Justin unless I get 2-stocked, or greater. Lol

From what replies I have gotten I am expecting at least 8 people coming, which for a Smashfest, is completely fine by me. I just want to see how everyone is doing down here. =)

8Bitman

Smash Master
For everyone who can't come, please don't feel bad. These are meant just to get everyone back into Brawl or at least get new people to join the community to revive it again.

If you can't make it, no worries. I will be sure to hold more of these. Especially on days I am off of school.

.SirLink.

Smash Cadet
Im assuming wellington is too far for me to get a ride from someone, to and from. Even though I have gas money and am off that day. To that one mall that everyone went to for ggsmash even? Damnit florida...

:phone:

8Bitman

Smash Master
Well we drove there, from down here. No one is coming down for this, nor would I expect or want to make anyone do so.

No one should have to drive longer than 45 minutes for a SmashFest.

8Bitman

Smash Master
TOMORROW EVERYONE!~ :3

Everyone, again, who is interested, please come to this. You will learn new things and get better every time. It isn't just a few matches you will get in. We will all be playing for hours, have fun and please have a good time. =)

EDIT: I am leaving at few minutes before 6:00 PM today, so I will be there at about 6:30 PM. Not that big of a deal, to anyone who gets there before me, just hook up your Wii and start playing. Also if the owners ask for Door Fee just give them $3. =)

Tell them to expect more people.

Lad

Smash Apprentice
This **** was mad fun. Thanks for the sets everyone!

8Bitman

Smash Master
This turned out very well. Thanks for everyone who showed up.

I will probably do this every Friday before monthly. That way it is also for tourney practice. :3

Also sorry about the Door Fee situation, I didn't know that they upped the Door Fee to $5 from last time.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Alrighty everyone this is the next date, I will be sending out reminders for this and Nick Riddle's tourney a few times before they occur just to razzle up some attendance. :3

OKAY! Whose bringing Set-Ups?! =D

And whose guaranteed coming this time? =)

AfroQT

Smash Master
So, I would like to know now if people will be open to critiquing from me.
If not, I'll be quiet during matches.
Wow dude when did you turn into a giant *****. Imma show up and critique everyones ****, mid match, even if youre better then me, and whether you like it or not. Go hard on *****s son give em dat hate.

8Bitman

Smash Master
It has come to my attention that many people will not be able to attend this due to it being on the 20th. Would more of you be able to make it if, perhaps, it was on the 27th (The day before Nick Riddle's next tourney.) instead of the 20th?

Regardless of date, would you ever be able to make it ED? :3

8Bitman

Smash Master
Yeah, that's why I don't want to do it on the 27th.

Well if you all can guarantee 8+ people then I guess I will do it.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Ill do anything for Benny

~~~
This just in, I cannot host this event next Friday due to Relay For Life being on that date. I cannot attend my own SmashFest therefore I won't hold it.

If you all agree to go on the 27th, and have two whole consecutive days of Smash then I will host it, if not then tell me and I will just delay it another month.
~~~

I am doing this for you all so tell me when to host. =)

8Bitman

Smash Master
Yeah, that's exactly why I didn't want to do it two days in a row Garret. IDK why others were saying it would be a good idea.

No one posted on here for a week so I just ditched it for this month. I might do one of these next month.

Top Bottom