• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors - April 7, 2012 (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)

brningpyre

Smash Lord
(the Japanese Ruleset was used for this tournament)

Videos

Doubles

1: Skin-Deep Romance (SuperBoom and KillLock) ($85.00) :metaknight:/:kirby2: + :marth:/:snake:
2: Rusty Trombone (Alphicans and Frio) ($41.00) :metaknight: + :pikachu2:/:olimar:/:dk2:
3: Proud Black Woman (Limeee and DTP) ($14.00) :wario:/:metaknight: + :peach:
4: Rickroll'd (Arsenal and Diminisht) :metaknight:/:zelda: + :marth:/:olimar:
5: Balls Deep (Wilson and Fiji) :dk2: + :metaknight:
5: So Salty (pyre and Kyle) :wario: + :metaknight:
7: Invincible Sailors (ganonlink and Yoshara) :falco: + :wolf:

Singles Pools

Pool 1
Alphicans
DTP
Frio
Limeee
David
Yoshara
ganonlink

Pool 2
KillLock
Fiji
Arsenal
Diminisht
pyre
Kyle
Yoshiii6

Singles Bracket

1: KillLock ($84.00) :marth:
2: Alphicans ($42.00) :metaknight: / :pikachu2: / :gw:
3: Fiji ($14.00) :metaknight: / :falco:
4: Frio :pikachu2: / :olimar:
5: DTP :peach:
5: Arsenal :metaknight: / :lucario:
7: Diminisht :marth: / :olimar:
7: Limeee :wario: / :metaknight:
9: pyre :wario:
9: Yoshiii6 :yoshi2:
9: David :marth:
9: Kyle :metaknight:
13: Yoshara :wolf: / :pit:
13: ganonlink :falco:

Side Event - Ganonlink Doubles
(everyone plays a team of Ganondorf and Link)

1: LotR Sucks (SuperBoom and KillLock) ($6.06) :ganondorf: + :link2:
2: The Horny Intensity (Alphicans and Limeee) :ganondorf: + :link2:
3: Zelda is Garbage (DTP and Frio) :ganondorf: + :link2:
4: More Balls Deep (Fiji and Diminisht) :ganondorf: + :link2:
5: Sex Voice (ganonlink and Arsenal) :ganondorf: + :link2:
5: Rarity and Rainbow Dash (Yoshara and Kyle) :ganondorf: + :link2:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Shoutouts to AB. ggs to everyone I played.
Fun Tourney :)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Shout outs to Dan and Jack for being the only people I have ever known to dislike lord of the rings. wtf

Frio

Smash Champion
Why are the vids on your channel and not Canada brawl? Did we get kicked off?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Nah, he just uploaded them to the wrong channel by accident. He might've picked up on it sooner if it didn't take so much effort to get Jamie to walk downstairs to tell him. :awesome:

Good **** Jack, and shoutouts to Dan for using Kirby in doubles. =P Good job Alvin, Darren, and Yoshiii6 as well. ^.^

:005:

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
gg's... had fun.

i think i am going to try goin all lucario next tourney to see how i do.
i noticed that i played better wit lucario in some matches then mk =o

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
^ well, that is one MU that I think i can win wit lucario. the matches are close against u whether or not i play mk or lucario....

anyways, i was really talking about pika,wario and peach. after gettin owned by darren i realized my mk is shiet against peach. i probably am not playin the MU rite but in any case i think ill try lucario next time

i have to give him a try to see if he is viable or not

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
^ well, that is one MU that I think i can win wit lucario. the matches are close against u whether or not i play mk or lucario....

anyways, i was really talking about pika,wario and peach. after gettin owned by darren i realized my mk is shiet against peach. i probably am not playin the MU rite but in any case i think ill try lucario next time

Way to go, man. Though I think that giving Lucario a spin is a good idea, keep it up with trying Meta Knight against Peach.

That's what I'm going to do against Luke. I know I can win with Sonic against Ice Climbers. It's my fault I don't win because I get too impatient and I have to be a lot better with switching between fighting Sopo and Nana when I seperate them. Using another character is fine, but overcoming your weaknesses with the main you use (in most situations) will do you better in the long run.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
There's no need to switch to lucario vs peach. You almost won, and you could easily learn the m/u. Obviously lucario is good in other match-ups though.

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
whenever i play darren it is always so close, i mean i usually win with mk but i believe it is the 1st set he has beaten me peach vs mk. im not surprised in the least ...imo it was a matter of time before i lost since darren is a beast and has gotten so much better.

i am thinking that a switch up to lucario might make things easier for me... iono we'll see.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
~Ramblings of a noobish Peach player who's only used her at one tourney~

I wouldn't give up on Meta Knight just yet. Meta Knight severely beats Peach in the air and on the ground. Tornado spamming is actually sort of viable since nothing can really beat it besides a perfectly spaced fair (don't count on it) or a nair while she's in the tornado (not guaranteed). Even if nair hits, she'll likely have lost her float in which case you need to capitalize! Peach loses her approaches and has very few options in this matchup.

Peach's air dodge is worse than Zelda (ie. it barely exists). When she's high up or off stage she's extremely vulnerable to Meta Knight she has so few options. Recovering back to the stage as Peach is incredibly stressful and nerve racking. Like Mark says, Shuttle Loop is sooo good against Peach due to her air dodge.

She also has really bad options on the ledge, imo. She can fair from the ledge, ledge attack, or jump back on the stage and dair/nair. Just stand back and spam dtilt or something. If Peach jumps, punish her!

Once you learn the Peach matchup, you'll have a very easy time against Peach.

I only have a bit of Lucario experience from when I played against Big D. At first, it sounds like it's a smart choice because Peach can really dish out damage but is unable to land the finishing blow but I think the matchup here is far easier for Peach. Some of Lucario's decent attacks like fsmash and dair can be dealt with by floating and utilting respectively. Lucario's Aura Sphere can be cancelled (except at near maximum charge) by most of Peach's aerials and Peach really wrecks Lucario offstage since she can nair through Lucario's recovery. On the flip side, he has those really annoying combos and can be devastating if Peach can't land a kill move.

DTP you're amazing! Grats on placing so well!

:peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Good **** Jack, and shoutouts to Dan for using Kirby in doubles. =P Good job Alvin, Darren, and Yoshiii6 as well. ^.^

:005:

whenever i play darren it is always so close, i mean i usually win with mk but i believe it is the 1st set he has beaten me peach vs mk. im not surprised in the least ...imo it was a matter of time before i lost since darren is a beast and has gotten so much better.

i am thinking that a switch up to lucario might make things easier for me... iono we'll see.
DTP you're amazing! Grats on placing so well!
Oh wow thanks guys :)

I played surprisingly well against MK on Saturday. Not sure why tho.

Lucario is a ***** haha I think I hate fighting him more than MK tbh. Using both MK AND Lucario is what I'd recommend.

Peach has trouble killing. Lucario gets stronger with more damage. Peach dies early.
Lucario ruins her......

Top Bottom