• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It'd be epic if this topped Pound 4's entrant count.

Armada

Smash Lord
Yeah that would have been so epic. But a lot of people don't show up in the end normally but I guess we still can hope at least :p

Armada

Smash Lord
A couple tourmanets of not mention in SSBPD. I know it was a topic about the biggest tournaments ever (exactly numbers of entrants) but I can't find it.

I think ESA2 was 8 or 9 on that list. But yeah Pound 4 is the tournament to beat =)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
A couple tourmanets of not mention in SSBPD. I know it was a topic about the biggest tournaments ever (exactly numbers of entrants) but I can't find it.

I think ESA2 was 8 or 9 on that list. But yeah Pound 4 is the tournament to beat =)
Yup, ESA2 was only the 8th. For instance, FC Diamond (256) is missing, as well as a few others.
I think there is a list in topics like "A year in review" or something like that.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Schedule:

Friday:
09:00 - People with setups are allowed to come in.
10:00 - Venue opens and registration starts.
12:00 - REGISTRATION CLOSES!
14:00 - Teams Pools
18:00 - Singles Pools Round 1

Saturday:
11:00 - Singles Pools Round 2
16:00 - Break (Eat food and stuff, but make sure you get back in time!)
17:30 - Teams Bracket
23:30 - ??? (To be discussed)

Sunday:
11:00 - Singles Bracket
17:00 - Prizes and stuff
17:15 - Cleaning the venue (help appreciated)
19:30 - Closing

PLAN FOR THE ??? ON SATURDAY (DISCUSS)
We obviously won't have time for regional crews, where all countries have their own crews. Therefore I thought of something similar we would have time for:

Sweden + Holland VS THE REST OF THE WORLD
It's well known that Sweden and Holland are the two dominant countries in Melee Europe.
Therefore I thought it would be interesting to see 5 players representing Sweden, and 5 players representing Holland (total of 10) VS a team of 10 formed by the best players outside Sweden/Holland. This is just an idea, but I'd like to hear what u think :)
Any other suggestions are also appreciated!

Beat!

Smash Master
Armada, Amsah, leffen, Remen, IVP, Jeapie, Hack, Zgetto, Calle W/Pepito, Adam/Faab.

Pretty scary lol

Cool schedule

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I won't be going to sleep on that Saturday.

You guys know what's never been done, though?

A teams crew battle.

Just sayin'.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
PP, Javi (not sure if coming), Ice, Overtriforce, Strawhat Dahean (not sure if coming), Fuzzyness, Aldwyn, Pasi and some others. Sounds pretty good crew to me.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Since i guess it was forgotten, i'll post again

in the tournament "Berlin Calling" the players Jon_*** and Phex did not participate but have been given 5 losses for their poolmatches (which they did not play) because the host did not bother/forgot to remove them.

This really demotivates those players concerning ssbpd

It would be nice if it could be fixed (i dont know if you forgot/can't do it/ or anything, just wanted to remind you. If its still on your screen just disregard this post)
wow same thing happened to me with berlin calling apparently LOL

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
yeah dude have fun trying to combo floaties. heard it was impossible
You do realize Falco's dair still spikes in PAL, right? It's only the late hit (which afaik is only a meteor in NTSC) that is affected

Luma

Smash Lord
egdeguarding on highpercent sometimes is quite usefull with, for example when i spike would just hit him on the stage in NTSC you will get him offstage in PAL, same with dair from the legde, if done correctly its ALOT harder to tech

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
You do realize Falco's dair still spikes in PAL, right? It's only the late hit (which afaik is only a meteor in NTSC) that is affected
It's never a meteor. It's just, well, slightly weaker.
But yeah, the strong hit is still the same, and I don't really see the weak hit being used *that* often so I don't know why it's such a big issue.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Ticket booking is now up and running!
-->You can book tickets here!<-- Please note that the event is called Console Battle here, as this is what Smashers' Reunion and Round1KO use as a common name for this event. Also note that some information on this site is incorrect at the moment, but I've sent a mail to correct them. Don't mind that, though. You got all that information in the first post :)

Also, I don't have access to see who's ordering yet, so I want everyone who order tickets to send me a copy of their confirmation to tonberry@smashersreunion.com, in order to be confirmed

You will be able to book hotel rooms in a few days at www.smashersreunion.com, when the site is up and running!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No, it's still very well a spike. Get hit by dair after an entire second of the move? You still die at 40%.

Really cool character

Armada

Smash Lord
I have heard it will be to crowded in London anyway. So one person less in the city will make the olympics even bettter =)

Top Bottom