• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hope 5! EMERGENCY- POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE-SEE OP

M@v

Subarashii!
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND MY CONTROL, HOPE 5 IS POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

Apparently here was a screwup on the venue's end with the paperwork when I first reserved the venue, so it never actually got reserved. Then, the venue got reserved for someone else. I first thought something was wrong when I never got a call from the venue; they usually call me a couple days before to figure out when I'm entering the venue. Please spread the word to others you know are attending; I dont want people showing up to a tournament thats not going to happen. I sincerely apologize for this everyone! I'll try to find a good weekend in to move this to. I will try to make it happen in the fall.

UPDATE:Carroll is going to host an improv melee tourney at his house to make up for this.
953 hope hollow rd
carnegie pa 15106

INTRO:
The primary Pittsburgh smash tournament series continues this August with /hope 5. We're looking to continue getting larger and larger turnouts. Last tournament had about 70 participants over 2 games! This op will be updated with more info in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! The biggest change this year is that doubles events are now $5 per player, $10 per team, compared to the old $10 per player. $20 per team. This encourages much more participation in doubles events!

VENUE
The location Hope has come to call home these past years:

Clarence Fugh Memorial Hall
27 Crescent Ave.
Etna, PA
http://www.etnavfd.org/fugh.html
And as always, free soda. Bottom's up.

Prices
Venue: $5
Brawl doubles: $5($10 per team!)
Brawl Singles: $10
Melee doubles: $5($10 per team!)
Melee singles: $10

Schedule:
10 am: doors open
11:30 am: doubles start(both events)
~2:30pm: Singles begin(both events)
Venue will close when singles conclude.

RULES:

BRAWL:APEX + Double mk teams banned

3 stocks
• 8 minute time limit
• Items are set to “Off” and “None”
• All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
• Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape glitch and Extended Cape glitch are banned.
• There is a ledge grab limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the ledge grab limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their ledge grab limit, then this rule is ignored.
• The act of stalling is banned.
• If time runs out, the winner of the match will be the one called out by the game. If it goes to Sudden Death, then it is determined by percentage. If the percentage and/or both players die at the same time as a result of a suicide move, a one stock 3 minute tie break match is held. Ledge grab limits are reduced to 13 for Meta Knight and 18 for all other characters.
• The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganondorf suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

Doubles specfic rules:
-Double mk teams are banned. Only one metaknight is allowed per team.
-Team attack=on
-Life Stealing allowed
-Ports for team 1 are 1 and 4. Ports for team 2 are 2 and 3.

Stagelist

Starters
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

Conduct
• In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the tournament organizer. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the tournament organizer reaches the station, the player that unpaused loses a stock.
• Users of the Wii Remote must take out the Wiimote's batteries. If problems persist due to the Wiimote, the owner of the Wiimote may be disqualified.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
• The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

MELEE:APEX 2012 Ruleset!

• Items are set to off.
• Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
• Double Blind*: If elected.
• Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
• Neutral Start*: If elected.
• Standard DSR*
• Gentleman’s Clause*
• Forced Character Selection*: Off
• Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.

Doubles Specific Rules:
• Team Attack: ON.
• Life Stealing is allowed.
• If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.

Stagelist: Singles

Starter Singles
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

CP Singles
Pokémon Stadium

Stagelist:Doubles

Starters
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

CP-Doubles
DK 64

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Also: I vote for MK banned and RC/Brinstar legal, personally, but I'm also a little bit biased. Whatever's best for the most people who are attending.

Life

Smash Hero
More stages are better.

Do whatever you have to with MK.

Then again, I'm coming anyway.

And everyone bring KIU :awesome:

FD96

Smash Cadet
Going to try to come with this with probably 4-5 other people from State College.

FD96

Smash Cadet
Ya I've gone to one tournament at Penn State and will definitely go to more when they happen

Edit: I don't go to penn state I am a highschooler

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
lol no MY dedede is the best in P:M :yeahboi: :dedede:

i feel like m2k or something. lol i win alot and every thinks my char is gay and soooooo good. to be honest dedede imo is mid tier at best.

i think lucario is bull amoung others

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Not enough Melee hype in this thread.

Let's talk about how I'm gonna retain Battlefield ownership from Carroll for the 9458th time :yeahboi:

Top Bottom