• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E4U: CHAMPION - Road to Apex - NEW PLAYER DISCOUNTS - Mr. R, Vinnie, TKD, Shaya

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

After the long wait we bring you the grand finale to the Elite Four series. We want this to by as hype as possible so check back for some surprises.

As always, new players will receive $5 off of their Singles entry - Flyers will be up promptly.

Singles Pools will take place to ensure you get a good amount of matches. If you make it out of pools, you will proceed to the pro bracket. If you do not make it out of pools, we will have an amateur bracket for those interested.

TIMES

11:00 A.M. - Venue opens - Signups Begin
~12:00 P.M. - Signups end, Singles Pools begins shortly
3:00 P.M. - Doubles Pools Begin

Amateur and Pro Singles Bracket begin as Doubles is coming to an end.

Prices

Singles Entry Fee: $10
Doubles Entry Fee: $5.00 Per Player
Door Fee: $10
Amateur Bracket (for those who do not make it out of pools): $3

Parking
Parking is really bad in front of the store. Instead, park at the Ralph's a block over. I'll add a picture in soon to show you guys exactly where to park!

Pro Bracket Payout
1st: 50% of pot
2nd: 25% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot
4th: 5% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
7th: 2% of pot
7th: 2% of pot

Doubles Payouts
1st - 58% of pot
2nd - 28% of pot
3rd - 9% of pot
4th - 5% of pot
*If less than 20 teams enter, payout will be top 3*

Check out the link below for more information on the Elite Four Series.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=102942

MikeHazeGaming@gmail.com

Rules will be posted shortly.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
ATTENTION OUT OF REGION PLAYERS

I know this is going to raise lots of out of region attention so this should help out. I'm offering free housing for this event.

If you're flying in to California you'll likely want to following airports:
BUR (Burbank Bob Hope Airport) - 5 miles from my house
LAX (Los Angeles International) - 40 miles from my house

If you fly into Burbank, I can pick you up. Be warned that I will NOT be able to pick you up until after 5:00PM however, so if you're banking on me for a ride you'll want to plan accordingly.

If you fly into LAX you have a few options. You can find a bus route (contact me and i'll help you) to my house, or you can contact somebody from the Los Angeles area for help. Tyrant may be able to assist you, I would say to start there.

If you're housing with me please
post your name
when are you flying/driving in (time/date)/What airport?
If driving, who's in your carpool?
What days am I housing you?

If you're a super homie/we've met before I can likely house you a few days before/after, just be sure to let me know ahead of time.

Napos

Smash Ace
allisbrawl had like 74 attendees. New Mexico is goingzzz

Mr-R

Smash Champion
how expensive is it from NY to this? considering going

Zenokidz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Narukami
3DS FC
1091-8486-9344
I really wanna attend this one,sounds hype! :D

baka4moé

Smash Champion
:o kels is going? i hope u can get sets recorded!

@LE from past experience these normally get 30-40 entrants for melee, at least when i went. normally low 30s i think. then again this is after the school year ends so that may change numbers too

Lovage

Smash Hero
Kels and a friend of mine from the MidWest are both looking into this tournament. What's the expected turnout? I know tournaments suddenly get a lot of interest as they approach, but a rough estimate helps.
come to norcal in a few months instead

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I would appreciate taking the discussion of other events into the appropriate threads. I'm trying to build a large scale event, and telling people to go elsewhere is obviously counterproductive.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys, I would appreciate taking the discussion of other events into the appropriate threads. I'm trying to build a large scale event, and telling people to go elsewhere is obviously counterproductive.
this is an appropriate thread. it's for tournament discussion. what rule are we breaking? i'm sure you appreciate discussion going elsewhere, but i'm sure the people who posted appreciate posting it here. i'm sure you'r enot saying your appreciation supercedes theirs / ours, now, does it?

oscar's right, come to norcal in july. cheaper, more competition.

or just wait til santa barbara in the fall.

realistically who would beat kels in socal dante?

outside of s2j/oscar/wes he'd prob beat everyone else. kels v fly would be interesting but id take kels 3-1.

lol even if kels went to this i wouldnt

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I never said a rule was being broken, i said i would appreciate it. Sure, my appreciation does not 'supercede' yours, but trying to deter people from an event that's trying to grow the scene definitely takes away from growth of the community overall. That's it, my only point. Ultimately my goal is to grow the scene as big as possible and telling people to go elsewhere is as i said, counterproductive.

You are of course not breaking any rules - the only thing I've asked for is a bit of courtesy for someone who is trying to help your scene, that's all.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
but oscar (and now I) are not trying to deter someone from coming/entering to the event. that is merely one perspective. i suspect oskie was making that post with kels' well-being in mind.

sure, if kels is just gonna "be in the area," he should come. but if he's shelling out last-minute plane ticket money... i would give him the same advice oscar/matt did. if you, mister TO, are gonna convince him that's a good decision, well, let's see the evidence. who knows, you might convince more than kels to come if you notify the plebes that X amount of great players are all gonna come as well.

k9.

Smash Ace
Who cares he asked you to take it else where. Let him fulfill his purpose with this thread, take it some where else.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I am busy that day, and so I can't carpool any of the Arizonians out to this. Kiraflax and K9 might still fly or take the greyhound, as they usually have extra money laying around, but I can't see anyone else from here being able to afford the trip without an available carpool.

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone gotta be so controversial on the internet? Let a TO advertise his damn tournament. Sometimes courtesy in the smash community is stupidly hard to come by.

Oh, and I'm coming to this :D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Smashing good time sir~

While there's ambiguity in whether mentioning another tournament is really rule breaking (honestly, it isn't), being courteous / not antagonistic is a sure fire way of avoiding pain and suffering; in a metaphysical 'its on smashboards we don't care' type of way. But you should care.

LOVE AND PEACE~
GET HYPE.

Top Bottom