• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Good work on the patch, but I gotta say that Ganon's ftilt animations are pretty ugly. You guys tried keeping the Brawl style kick and it didn't work out, no shame in going back to the old Melee roundhouse kick. Just my 2 cents.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Uh, (..to pour some water on the hellflames that are beginning to burn in this thread..)

Guys. There is no character patch that is coming out this fall.

That was supposedly a mistake involving miscommunication on the PMBR's side.

Don't expect anything like that to be happening until a v3 is released.

Thanks

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Good work on the patch, but I gotta say that Ganon's ftilt animations are pretty ugly. You guys tried keeping the Brawl style kick and it didn't work out, no shame in going back to the old Melee roundhouse kick. Just my 2 cents.
That's what I thought at first too. After playing with it for a bit, I got used to it and actually like it a lot now.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
That's pretty cool!

WD backward to ledgegrab seems like it'd be much easier though, since it took you 8 mins to do that lol

YO TOAST! HELP ME GET RIIVO ON USBLOADER

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah yeah yeah yeah, thats what I mean.

I want to use the melee SFX pack but im booting via usbloader and I don't know how to edit my iso or do anything like that.

Get on IRC lol

kaizo13

Smash Champion
That's what I thought at first too. After playing with it for a bit, I got used to it and actually like it a lot now.
whether we get used to them or not, I think it's a fact that they look janky simply because the animations are so exaggerated and they don't look natural at Melee speed. f-tilt doesn't look too bad but the angled ones look janky as hell

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Does anyone have a BSRAR for Japanese brawl voices + melee hit sound effects?

I found out (through trial and error) how to edit my iso and how to replace the existing BSRAR with one you downloaded. Only problem is now that I want both japanese brawl voices (which is one BSRAR) and I want Melee hit SFX (which is another BSRAR)

Is there any way I can merge the two or something? Assuming no one has made something like this yet

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yep. Use a USBloader, convert the WBFS file to ISO, use wiiscrubber to replace the existing BSRAR file with the melee SFX one, convert the ISO back to WBFS, put it back on your USB, and load it up.

Thats what I had to do 5 mins ago lol

Ofc if you aren't USB loading, I wouldn't know how. Maybe something to do with Sawnds? (download it via google search lol)

jalued

Smash Lord
Yep. Use a USBloader, covnert the WBFS file to ISO, use wiiscrubber to replace the existing BSRAR file with the melee SFX one, convert the ISO back to WBFS, put it back on your USB, and load it up.

Thats what I had to do 5 mins ago lol

Ofc if you aren't USB loading, I wouldn't know how. Maybe something to do with Sawnds? (download it via google search lol)
I think it is all usb loader.

However it wouldnt work for me for some reason, it couldnt register the usb. I do have a PAL wii and an NTSC disk though, so maybe that's why.

I just think it would be awesome if someone cracked it so that you can have melee sfx without hacking your wii

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
C) What are these kill setups? Saying he has a bunch and not listing them isn't helping me step my game up. However, if they are unsafe then that's probably why I'm not using them. I don't know where you inferred that I'm a reckless player, but that's pretty much the antithesis of my playstyle. Please inform me. Because dtilt doesnt link well at kill% (its also unbelievable in how unsafe it is... it moves you into a shield grab...). Up tilt doesnt. Up throw doesn't. Up air doesn't. Dair might, but it is fairly unsafe and telegraphs itself. So you tell me what I'm missing.
Dair does set up pretty well for kill moves (just pretend that platform isn't there haha). There are some places you can sneak it in without it being able to be punished...I've found that as long as you don't whiff it in a neutral position or space badly so they can shield grab it, overB afterwards makes it safe. You can tech chase with dair and still have time to chase with overB if they chose a different option. You can also use it out of shield for a beefy punish.

OverB can set up pretty well for kills too, you just have to maneuver it right. I still think overB turnaround to bair is a nice finish (although this example is at lower % than where the set up is usually used), and wavedash cancels can set up for uairs/bairs and tech chase smashes on fast fallers.

Overall IMO he can set up kill moves, but just not easily. He doesn't have a go-to kill set up that stacks the reward part of risk-reward in his favor, so you have to kind of play it safe and take it as it comes (but as I understand, thats how you like to play anyways ;)).

I haven't had too much luck going offstage either. It seems like Sonic controls the space right in front of the ledge really well (with spring/run off fair), but anything further and he needs to take a risk. Homing is nice, but only if you can get a read on their double jump/upB, and have a really good idea of how the homing actually works. Maybe we can do some stuff like moonwalk -> jump off bair or spindash -> RAR jump off aerials for longer distance, but its scary. We definitely need to save our double jump for getting back to the stage safely.

Nair IMO isn't a good move for fighting against other moves, but you can get in with it faster than other aerials. Just have to make sure that your opponent whiffed something or is expecting to shield. OverB afterwards makes is quite safe, and puts on good shield damage.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Daze: I didn't use TL in tournament because I haven't used TL for more than 3 games in two months or more.
Edit: we can probably help people with their USB stuff/using melee sfx with it when we get back and stuff. Or wait until sometime tomorrow.

:phone:

McNinja

Smash Ace
Anybody else looking forward to a non-broken Meta Knight? I'm excited to see what they have in store for him. I think another OHC system would be cool for him. I think it feels fitting.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Final results and such:
1: HungryBox :jigglypuff:
2: Chudat :pikachu2:
3: RyokoYaksa :sheilda::peach:
4: JCaesar :mario2::wario::rob::link2::marth:
5: cmart :bowser2:
5: Carroll :mario2::dedede:
7: Mafia :peach:
7: Chibo :sheik:
9: Mew2King :pikachu2::jigglypuff: (forfeited in Loser's)
9: Magus :ganondorf: (forfeited in Loser's)
9: Master WGS :lucas::marth:
9: Gunblade :marth::snake:
13: Vanguard :lucario:
13: BuckOhFive :dk2:
13: Chain-Ace
13: DJ Talent
17: dkuo :pikachu2:
17: Count Kaiser :ness2:
17: Yeroc :falco:
17: N.T. Sac :toonlink:
17: ILM :fox::marth:
17: standardtoaster :ganondorf:
17: Green Ranger
17: Godslafco
25: MonkUnit
25: Admiral Christian Values :charizard:
25: Jordo
25: SOJ

Help me out with the characters, guys.

I'm uploading vids now to my youtube channel. There's a link in my sig.
Soooo Ill post some more P:M specific zenith shout outs here.

JCeazer - yooooooo really fun close exciting games. Everytime I have a gripe about this game I'm gonna assume you made it specifically to make me rage:) what's your your YouTube account for the tourney vids. I did good over on your setup lol

Toaster and monk: GGs. Toast getting a taste of my actual melee Mario in singles melee pools:) but props for coming.. ALL THE WAY FROM WI.. Jesusssssss

Gun blaze: yooooooooo my favorite set of the tourney. It was fun doing commentary this weekend with ya! Sad I didn't see you day two. But yooooooo WHY'D YOU HAVE TO GO ALL BRAWL ON ME.. Looooool

One guy who's tag I can't remember although I deff should.. :(
We played some spacies vs my Dedede and you were chill. Chillllllll :)

Chibo: I had a feeling you played one of those new fancy characters and I was sweatinnn. I have a really good feel for the Mario sheik MU in both this and melee so worked out for me. But deff wasn't free. GGs :)

everyone else there that posts and lurks here. You ****. This game is really cool.
I have to say man, you were both cooler and better than I expected :) Looking forward to meeting you again. Might wanna learn the ROB matchup though for next time haha.

You're thinking of Gunblade, not Gunblaze btw. And yeah, that was the hypest set of the tourney, even more exciting than Ryoko vs Chu imo.

Toaster twins: It was cool to finally meet you, though I wish you guys talked more. See you again at FC-Legacy?

Ryoko: The extra $30 for 2nd wasn't worth fighting HBox again? :p

cmartmart: Legion holding down those top spots (you know, excluding the Melee pros who are just way above us)

WGS and the Box of Danger guys: Also cooler/better than I expected. And part of the best Smash dinner that anyone has ever had ever. OBVIOUSLY!

M2K: :troll:

Everyone else there: Thanks for entering, it was good times!

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
a couple pages late on this buuuuuuuuut...

as if Ganondorf needs to go back to having nearly all the same animations as a character from a completely different series, Ganondorf's treatment thusfar in the overall smash series has shown a massive amount of laziness imo. makes no sense and never will lol

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I used that Wii Backup Manager to convert the ISO back to WBFS.

Couldn't I just drag it on without using it? And what file format are you using? ISO or WBFS?
I didn't convert it to WBFS. I inserted my flash drive, set that to drive one, then found my ISO and selected "transfer to drive 1".

On the subject of Ganon, something feels weird about his Jab animation. I have absolutely no clue what, I just know it feels weird compared to Melee. While I'm a Ganon main in Melee, and have so far mained Ganon in PM, it's extremely likely I'll be dropping him for Kirby as soon as Kirby comes out.

EDIT: Is there a bonus for popping the Balloon, or does Carroll just like doing it?

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Can someone help me out with Warioware, I don't have any custom content on, but it still loads glitchy minigames, and on some stages, there are exploding vertexes

as if Ganondorf needs to go back to having nearly all the same animations as a character from a completely different series, Ganondorf's treatment thusfar in the overall smash series has shown a massive amount of laziness imo. makes no sense and never will lol
Well, the original straight side tilt could've stayed, it looked like a more legit front kick, but I think the new one has better range so **** it

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Can someone help me out with Warioware, I don't have any custom content on, but it still loads glitchy minigames, and on some stages, there are exploding vertexes

Well, the original straight side tilt could've stayed, it looked like a more legit front kick, but I think the new one has better range so **** it
Try redownloading P:M.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Ohhhh mah gawd, Zenith was the best. Every PMBR member I met is the best person I've ever met. We should be best friends.
This is so true, so amazingly true. They are some of the best people ever and it's way too epic. Like, if my mom knew how kind just a fraction of the PMBR was she would let me go cross country to any tournament they go to ever.

Anybody else looking forward to a non-broken Meta Knight? I'm excited to see what they have in store for him. I think another OHC system would be cool for him. I think it feels fitting.
I really am looking forward to MK. I want to see what they decide to nerf and to keep, what new moves he may have, everything. I'm not so much interested in playing him as seeing how the PMBR handles the most debatable character in Brawl, or possibly in Smash history.

Final results and such:
2: Chudat :pikachu2:

17: dkuo :pikachu2:
Dat Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom