• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Regional Crew Captain - Atl South

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
The Regional Crew Battles at MELEE-FC have been among the most definitive moments in Smash history, and defined the strength of each region for several years, most notably at MELEE-FC3 when players took it as the definitive opportunity to settle the East Coast-West Coast debate “once and for all.” With your help and participation, we are looking forward to creating a similar experience at MELEE-FC Legacy!

Thus, we are seeking captains to begin gathering their teams. We will be hosting an 8-man team for each of the six regions outlined on Smashboards – Atlantic North, Atlantic South, Southwest, Pacific West, Midwest, and International. Each team will need to have a captain. The captain will be responsible for selecting team members and making all decisions prior to and during the crew battles. If you are interested in holding the captain’s position, please send me a PM.

I would also like to see nominations from people within the region, so feel free to post those in this thread. We want to select a captain that will be good at managing their team and that the region feels is a good representative, so if there is a clear consensus, we will defer to that opinion. The captain does not have to be the best player in their region, but should be knowledgeable about national Smash, possess a thorough knowledge of their region’s top players, and have a strategy-minded focus. And obviously, player skill only helps.

We look forward to seeing a strong team from each region this summer!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
either one works. they're both pretty smart. honestly, hbox might work slightly better in this position, but it won't matter cause the south is gonna swag on everyone regardless.

but yeah, i really wanna see who ends up GOING to fc from the south. it'll really suck if we don't have 8 truly competent people for the crew...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I am fine with either of us being a captain. I just want the south to win and don't care how it's done lol.

If DoH is south crew he should also be considered in the running for captain. He knows his crews stuff and has been around forever. He's in VA or something atm so he probably won't count for us though.

Who all is going to FC from the south?

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
We've already got a large number of people from BC, Canada registered, so I'd be a little disappointed if we couldn't pull in a few caravans from the South!

Co-captaining, is also an option, though I've seen that have its negatives as well...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, doh would probably be atl north. which is unfortunate, cause i'd like to have him for atl south as well.

currently pp, all i know is your car, and whoever plans to bail from it lol.

j00t

Smash Champion
I nominate Dr. Doodie.

Why would the self-claimed coach not be the coach of the team?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ok so really, who is going to this, and who will be on our crew?

i swear, if we're going to this so weakly that i have to be a member, it could be hard times for ATL south.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ok so we got you, hbox, lozr, pbnj and me that i know of. there also appears to be a yoshiman of some sort signed up from atlantic south. dunno who he is though. is there any more georgia/florida coming?

don't get me wrong, i can knock off a few stocks off of a terrible character/floaty, but the way i've been playing this summer, it won't be particularly hard to outclass me. we're looking at 8 man crews right?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
okay seriously...we need to figure this out...

cause like...if these crew battles happen...we need to go in. we're the friggin south.

j00t

Smash Champion
I mean... Honestly this stuff can be figured out there, right? I would be happy to play on the crew but I'm probably not qualified to do so.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, i guess we can wait until people register but right now, the only atl south we have registered are me, hbox, yeroc, and yo$shiman. so unless a lot of people, such as yourself, register last second (which i'm sureee they will), we're looking to use...whoever we need to use.

edit: pp is registered, but things may or may not work. i guess i won't worry about it until registration closes...

j00t

Smash Champion
That would be best. The only people good enough to play on the crew who has registered is dr. Doodie and hungrybawks

Top Bottom