• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Regional Crew Captain - Midwest

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
The Regional Crew Battles at MELEE-FC have been among the most definitive moments in Smash history, and defined the strength of each region for several years, most notably at MELEE-FC3 when players took it as the definitive opportunity to settle the East Coast-West Coast debate “once and for all.” With your help and participation, we are looking forward to creating a similar experience at MELEE-FC Legacy!

Thus, we are seeking captains to begin gathering their teams. We will be hosting an 8-man team for each of the six regions outlined on Smashboards – Atlantic North, Atlantic South, Southwest, Pacific West, Midwest, and International. Each team will need to have a captain. The captain will be responsible for selecting team members and making all decisions prior to and during the crew battles. If you are interested in holding the captain’s position, please send me a PM.

I would also like to see nominations from people within the region, so feel free to post those in this thread. We want to select a captain that will be good at managing their team and that the region feels is a good representative, so if there is a clear consensus, we will defer to that opinion. The captain does not have to be the best player in their region, but should be knowledgeable about national Smash, possess a thorough knowledge of their region’s top players, and have a strategy-minded focus. And obviously, player skill only helps.

We look forward to seeing a strong team from each region this summer!

Go Midwest

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I nominate Dart, good/smart player and i'm pretty sure he made the honor roll in high school.

I nominate myself, despite all my **** talking lol im actually pretty unbias and would make a quality crew captain.

Eddie is the honorable crew captain no matter what.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
do captains have to be a part of the team? I would definitely dedicate my time to watching opposing players and looking for bad habits or match ups

Big_R

Smash Champion
i dont agree with having dart do it. i dont get a good team building vibe and the intangibles that make a captain next lvl. a consiglieri, sure. dart at the helm is not good for morale as he is disliked by a lot of ppl for his often poor attitude and disrespect to players we are supposed to be banding together. it's been a while but all he ever used to do was be angry and hate on ppl. and regardless of how he is currently everyone has a history.

rat is a genius but can u be a captain and not play? cuz duck is pry better.

dude big d knows everybody and hes gonna be the best player int he world soon soo

or trail would do work too. good at listenin to opinions and makin the choices. well liked, passionate, etc

Tink

Smash Hero
lollll.....a captain that choses cunning needs to remember that cunning lost us the crew battle to the south 0_o.....when we wanted him to take chu to a moving level and he chose a reg stage and got rolled -_-.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Where does it say the captain has to be on the team? If that's not a requirement, then BigD gets my vote. He always surprises me with his knowledge about all the different states, and he has a great team building vibe as Trail put it.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
lollll.....a captain that choses cunning needs to remember that cunning lost us the crew battle to the south 0_o.....when we wanted him to take chu to a moving level and he chose a reg stage and got rolled -_-.
haha he lost by one stock, high percent. its fuking chu you greedy ******* lol....

its no Dope losing to linguini up 4 stok to 2

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
tink, thats not fair, lots of people in that crew battle made bad decisions

eddie and trail both chose stages vs shiz/speedn respectively, allowing them to switch, and then they got rolled

cunning played one of the best players in the world and barely lost an even match

just cause he went last doesnt mean he lost the crew battle for us

Massive

Smash Champion
I nominate Jace for the champion of the KC crew.

He is the only one of us who would take it seriously and he's also pretty damn good at this game.
Besides, who else would rep midwest falcons?
(other than DARKRAIN)

Tink

Smash Hero
no, what im saying is, everoyne in the crew wanting him to counter an advantagous stage like rainbow or floats and he wouldnt...had he done that, chu admitted he woudlve switched to ylink 0_0.....ggs son ggs.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah but i also remember people yelling at other people not to choose a stage because their opponent would switch characters

then they chose a stage, and lost much worse than cunning did; cunning just went last so youre blaming the whole thing on him

plus you shouldnt make someone play on a stage theyre not comfortable on even if on paper its better, at least in my opinion

Tink

Smash Hero
loll. its cunning, he was comfortable on any stage...he just didnt wanna be lame. and as a captain, are you telling me taking the icies to their worst stages+ a 5050 of them switching to a low tier, isnt a good choice to make some1 do 0_o.

Big_R

Smash Champion
no hes not.

but hes sayin u cant blame it all on cunning and have it discount him from being on the crew.

the rest is splittin hairs

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Good to see Midwest caring! No other region cares as much. Then again, we have a lot of losing to make up for.

In other news, yes that crew battle everyone is talking about had problems from beginning to end. Singling out Cunning is a bit silly.

Right now we're leaning 8 players per region. Captains do not have to play, but captains get to decide the system to determine who plays, so if you're nominating a captain that says he'd play himself thinking that he shouldn't be on the team, that's not going to work out.

Frankly, I think we need another Midwest tournament before FC. :p

Dart!

Smash Master
i dont agree with having dart do it. i dont get a good team building vibe and the intangibles that make a captain next lvl. a consiglieri, sure. dart at the helm is not good for morale as he is disliked by a lot of ppl for his often poor attitude and disrespect to players we are supposed to be banding together. it's been a while but all he ever used to do was be angry and hate on ppl. and regardless of how he is currently everyone has a history.

rat is a genius but can u be a captain and not play? cuz duck is pry better.

dude big d knows everybody and hes gonna be the best player int he world soon soo

or trail would do work too. good at listenin to opinions and makin the choices. well liked, passionate, etc
I'm only going to this tournament for crews and maybe doubles.
If i'm captain that's fine. If not i don't care.

Tink

Smash Hero
also, What about a sakurai in july? right before this? i havnt talked to rat about it yet, but we have been talking about doing a tournament for awhile, and the venue/location is pretty great. discuss!

hopefully rat see this and speaks on it.

Top Bottom