• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Regional Crew Captain - Pac West

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
The Regional Crew Battles at MELEE-FC have been among the most definitive moments in Smash history, and defined the strength of each region for several years, most notably at MELEE-FC3 when players took it as the definitive opportunity to settle the East Coast-West Coast debate “once and for all.” With your help and participation, we are looking forward to creating a similar experience at MELEE-FC Legacy!

Thus, we are seeking captains to begin gathering their teams. We will be hosting an 8-man team for each of the six regions outlined on Smashboards – Atlantic North, Atlantic South, Southwest, Pacific West, Midwest, and International. Each team will need to have a captain. The captain will be responsible for selecting team members and making all decisions prior to and during the crew battles. If you are interested in holding the captain’s position, please send me a PM.

I would also like to see nominations from people within the region, so feel free to post those in this thread. We want to select a captain that will be good at managing their team and that the region feels is a good representative, so if there is a clear consensus, we will defer to that opinion. The captain does not have to be the best player in their region, but should be knowledgeable about national Smash, possess a thorough knowledge of their region’s top players, and have a strategy-minded focus. And obviously, player skill only helps.

We look forward to seeing a strong team from each region this summer!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Well, the idea of the thread is that each region is, but ultimately there has to be a decision maker if there is debate. Like I said, if there's a clear consensus, it's easy. If there's not a clear consensus, then it's more difficult.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Pac west crew is pretty much california crew + possibly otto LOL

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
More like posting on smashboards is so 2000s. Everyone just posts in the facebook group subgroups.

With that being said, is there a $$ incentive for winning?

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Do you mean to imply that there has been Facebook discussion between Pac West's top players with regards to the MELEE-FC Regional Crew Captain?

Do tell.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Nah, there isn't.

But for coordinating purposes (smashfests, tourneys, etc...), I'd say 80% of it is now in the facebook norcal and socal groups.
Both facebook groups are fairly active in organizing day-to-day activities that often aren't on sboards.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
We did have a 150+ post thread in the Socal Facebook group about Norcal vs. Socal crews at the July regional, which unfortunately derailed into Lucky talking about how good his Falcon is.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
it is going to be the 28th (sunday) and maybe the 27th, SideFX needs to make the thread though...

Top Bottom