• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Blaze's Smash-UP - June 23rd, 2012 - Columbus, OH

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
King Blaze's Smash-up! (co-hosted by Juushichi, lol) - 6/23 -
$10 for singles entry, $5 for venue.
Ruleset: URS 2.1

1: Krystedez ($119.00) (Pit, Wario) [3-1 GF vs MX, 3-1 WF vs Carls]
2: MX ($34.00) (Fox, Yoshi, Jigglypuff) [1-3 GF vs Krystedez, 3-1 LF vs Carls]
3: Carls ($17.00) (Fox) [1-3 WF vs Krystedez, 1-3 LF vs MX]
4: Soulpech (Jigglypuff)
5: Jt (Sonic, Falcon?)
5: Sammy (Luigi)
7: Juushichi (Mario, Pit, Sheik)
7: clowsui (Marth, Falco)
9: Dim (Sheik, Mr. Game and Watch)
9: KingBlaze
9: Greed (Wario)
9: FalconsFist (Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, Falcon)
13: King Apalla (Mr. Game and Watch)
13: Clint
13: KingSpade
13: Yaha1337 (King Dedede?)
17: Toastbread (Diddy Kong)

There are a few people whose characters I am missing, but let me know in the thread so I can correct them and junk.

Special thanks to KingBlaze and the group for finding a pretty good venue and for deciding to host a tournament here in Columbus. I'll say on behalf of most of the current Columbus Brawl scene that we look forward to working with you more if you're still interested in staying with us. Thank you!

Shoutouts to come later from me~.

SoulPech

Smash Master
SHOUTOUTS SON!

1: Krystedez ($119.00) - Congrats on getting 1st. I've always wanted to play your Pit and dat Wario. Way different than most of the Wario players in OH. Both chars are soopah legit!

2: MX ($34.00) (Fox, Yoshi, Jigglypuff) - **** your Jiggs! :3 Congrats on getting 2nd. Once again, we have to keep playing to get better.

3: Carls ($17.00) (Fox) - Cash Mawney! Good job on getting 3rd.

4: Soulpech (Jigglypuff) - You suck sir :/. Still no money T_T

5: Jt (Sonic, Falcon?) - I'm glad I didn't face you. Sonic and Jiggs takes forever -_-

5: Sammy (Luigi) - FRUEEGI! Remember: Play like puff when you have the lead. You have no reason to approach.

7: Juushichi (Mario, Pit, Sheik) - Someday, you will beat the 2 people you WANT to beat. We can work on the Luigi matchup.

7: clowsui (Marth, Falco) - Clowsu=free YOOOOOOOOO. J/k. 1st time i've played against you. You'll get your Awnold Palmers.

9: Dim (Sheik, Mr. Game and Watch) - Never got to play you -_-, but thanks for coming out.

9: KingBlaze - Didn't get to play you :(, but thanks for coming out.

9: Greed (Wario) - You were the Pit player. Just got to keep working at it. As I keep saying, go to Momo2 and go view this website and read more on your char. If you have a chance, learn from other people, like Krys and even Juu for Pit experience. They'll help you with that.

9: FalconsFist (Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, Falcon) - Why are you down here? D:

13: King Apalla (Mr. Game and Watch) - didn't play you, but thanks for coming out

13: Clint - Didn't get to play you, but thanks for coming out

13: KingSpade - I think you're one of the new members to the scene. If you want, you can go to Momo2 Go to this every Wednesday and just watch people play. Not to mention, it's a lot of fun because of all the players there (Not only Smash players)! It also doesn't help to go onto Smashboards and read up more on your character, as well as ways to find out the best char for you..

13: Yaha1337 (King Dedede?) - I didn't even get to see you play :(. I do hope you come to more tournaments!

17: Toastbread (Diddy Kong) - It does suck that you got knocked out this early. I already know you would've placed higher in this tournament. I do appreciate you coming out!

To Columbus: Good result as always! We need to revive the scene for Columbus and show people we're the best in the state!

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Good **** mx and kryz! If these keep happened and kryz continues to drive out here I'll try to make it with him to these in the future.

Jcwest2007

Smash Cadet
(King Blaze) Diddy Kong/Pit/Kirby
(King Spade) Marth/Pikachu
(King Apollo) Mr. Game and Watch/Fox

Thanks for Making it out!!!

Big ups to Juushichi and Falcons Fist(i think?) for being the adepts on campus. Without your presence: It would've probably been 10pm b4 we got started.

* Can't forget the competitors though-thanks all, a variety or skill-types and levels make things interesting.(seems like we scratched the surface of ohio brawl)

I have every intention continuing to Smash wit' u all; I enjoy the spirit of competition, and new faces keep me sharp and interested.

You can count on Blaze/Spade/Apollo to continue to attend as much as we can, and we still have half a dozen or so peeps that couldn't make it. Hopefully I can count on them to make it to SMASH UP-2, thinking about running doubles as well next time, (lol, getting stomped is better with a friend)

FUN S*** Guys. Keep up the competing.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I feel like I haven't seen my man Krys enter a tournament in a while--glad to see you again. :)

:phone:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Really wish I was in Columbus/Ohio right now for all these tournaments! Good stuff Juu! Nice work to everyone who showed up, way to keep Columbus alive!

Jcwest2007

Smash Cadet
ugh, I don't have a facebook(i dislike cia programs). I got Juu's contact info tho. Maybe if I can make it to momos(momos2?) on Wednesdays I can stay somewhat up-to-date.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Oh most def! Just do a search for Momo2 and you'll find the info. Just show up and we'll give you help as well as discuss events.

SoulPech

Smash Master
@luigi v puff. Lol no. Just upsmash anytime puff gets close, it ****s her up so bad.
I've been learning this matchup. I am starting to figure out Luigi's blind spots and where his dmg zones are, i.e. Luigi's up smash. In fact, Sammy was throwing that out at the appropriate places, but I just kept floating around him like a bee.

SoulPech

Smash Master
But then again, My switch was turned on this tourney. MX was afraid to go Yoshi on me because he knew I would time him out at the pace I was going.

Top Bottom