• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Found a game breaking glitch (crashing realted, not meta related)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Samus vs Fox, 4 stock, Battlefield
I had activated the extender grapple.

Fox was positioned on the left platform.
I was in center stage.
I activated the grab and homed it in on him.
He dropped through the platform, dashed towards me, and jump canceled a grab that should have grabbed me.
Meanwhile, my extender was on its redraw, which still has frames to grab in. After he passed over it, I activated the grab.

The screen is now frozen with both our characters in the middle of BF frozen in our respective grabs. What appears to have happened, in my view, is that we grabbed each other at the exact same time and caused the game to crash.

(Yes, this picture was taken by a toaster)

I'm not sure if this is repeatable, but I thought it was cool/funny.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
What appears to have happened, in my view, is that we grabbed each other at the exact same time and caused the game to crash.
It's gotta be more complicated than that. Port priority would have let Fox win if you just grabbed each other on the same frame. It's possible that the "redraw" frames mess with priority, possibly making your grab priority equivalent to "player 1" grab priority. I wonder what would have happened if he had been P2 and you had been P3?

Corigames

Smash Hero
I think that the programmers knew this sort of thing was bound to happen, so they set a an additional parimeter to the grabs to default to port priority in case of same-frame-grabs. Possibly they forgot to put this failsafe on the extender or are certain parts of the grab.

:phone:

LLDL

Smash Hero
Maybe it's possible your game just happened to crash, and that the extender and the grab had nothing to do with it :D

Top Bottom