• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge 2; Project M Results

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Turn out was a bit lower this time, since a lot of the brawl people who were at the last one were out of town. Lots of set ups though, and things ran really smooth!

Results;

Singles
1st: Sethlon ($36) :sonic:
2nd: UTDZac ($18) :lucario:
3rd: Awestin ($6) :ness:

4: DrDrew :fox::sheik:
5: Cory :lucario:
5: Rob :rob::random:
7: Denthorn :charizard:
7: Mist :mario2:
9: Rexozord :sheik:
9: Pfhor :marth:
9: Trey :link2:
9: Jesusfreak :ike:
13: ZachAttack :marth:

Doubles;
1st: UTDZac(:sheik::peach:) and Sethlon(:sonic::ike:) ($49)
2nd: JF(:ike::bowser:) & Awestin(:ness:) ($21)

3: DrDrew(:fox:) & Cory(:lucario:)
4: Rob(:random:) & Denthorn(:charizard::falcon:)
5: Rexozord(:sheik:) & Pfhor(:marth:)
5: ZachAttack(:marth:) & Mist(:mario2:)
7: Trey(:link2:) & Michael(:random:)

ZachAttack recorded a bunch of stuff, and I recorded a good amount too (including the draft crews side event). I'll post up links once they're uploaded!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
heh, if drew and i both make it next time we can have two setups between us.

and hopefully i'll be not lazy at some point before the next one and get some sweet new beats up on my stages.

edit: oh wow, i totally forgot that drew was the one who beat me out of losers. i thought i did worse than that.

D

Deleted member

I hate Ike and Charizard.
On the other hand, I do have some stuff recorded, but something went wrong. I can't tell if its one of the cords I use, or the splitter because they're both old and need replacements. The players themselves hated it, and instead of just unplugging the actual AV cord itself and putting it back in every once in a while, they all said it was annoying and told me to just pack it up and put it away.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Was hosting a friend from Houston so I couldn't make it unfortunately, next time maybe.

With Toon you wanna just stay the hell away from Ike, shell him with projectiles.
It's an annoying MU but if you play it right I think in Toon's favor.
I agree Charizard can be tough.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Houston didn't make it out. I couldn't get a full carpool and I waited too late to get cheap Megabus tickets.

Is there a bracket / character usage for this?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I can forgive you guys
...this time:bowser:

Bracket image is on my labtop, I can put it up later. Characters usage is also up now.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I've found Charizard's firebreath just eats through almost all of Toon Link's projectiles, but that he's more susceptible to Zair than other characters. The matchup is slight Charizard, but a stage like GHZ or FD can make it slight Toon Link.

All imo of course.

If you were using Marth, I'm afraid I have no advice, but I've not seen either matchup be too weighted against him.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like to go on record and say that 3rd place not getting any payout for teams is super lame.

Various shoutouts:

Awestin: props on winning the runback, I got way too frustrated that last game. Too bad crews didn't work out...
Sethlon: such a jerk, taking 15 stocks to win crews in a super dramatic last stock/last hit situation. Congrats and all that on singles. I'll figure out that Sonic one day!
CORY (If that is your real name): Way to choke it up in crews, you did good in teams though :)
Zac: we need to play more at these things.
Rob: way to troll me into thinking I had 3rd sealed up :(. Your Robot has some cool tricks but that matchup feels too free for Sheik.
Denthorn: I beheld the power of CHEEZ, and it was good. Except against my Ike lolz.
JF: you disappeared before I even got to say hi.
Kids less than half my age (there were at least 3): get older, you're like creepy young and I want to be able to swear freely in your presence without feeling bad.

Sidenote: I think I went 100% Fox in teams.

D

Deleted member

Dr. Dru, lmao I don't really care if you screamed curse words the whole time >> I honestly couldn't care more. Those other kids were like 9 though and never even knew of project M so idk.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
good to see Texas is having fun with the game. =)

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
That tourney was crazy fun. I did alot better than BR1, though I havent touched mario in years. Zach, teams were real good stuff.

Oh, and Awestin, we need to team for the next one. Mario/ness? Too good.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I really need to learn a better character, I feel like marth (whos only melee marth, nothing different) isn't able to keep up with project M. I don't know what to really do about this, because I don't know any idea on someone I should play. anyways, fun tourney and stuff. Ill start editing matches tomorow.

Oh hey, lumpy. Best match of the day: Double Falco vs. Double Ganon on Hyrule. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

D

Deleted member

You don't address the mighty Sethlon as "that sonic".

AustinRC

Smash Lord
K9 where did you get that one piece artwork? It's super awesome! :D Ohhhh also I don't believe Sethlon is that good. He's just really fast. Just wait I'mma show you guys what's up with Lucas. This is a call out! ;D

D

Deleted member

Young zach when are videos getting uploaded?

:phone:
I was supposed to be doing them a while back, but for july 4th Im now spending the night at another place and can't really work on them. Ill try and get them out tomorow.

Oracle

Smash Master
Thanks Zach
K9 where did you get that one piece artwork? It's super awesome! :D Ohhhh also I don't believe Sethlon is that good. He's just really fast. Just wait I'mma show you guys what's up with Lucas. This is a call out! ;D
Money match for 50

k9.

Smash Ace
From google haha, yea i love this avi.

@Zach i am from AZ we go hard! ^-^

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Vids are (mostly) up! Draft Crews stopped uploading in the middle of the night though, I'll try to get them up sometime in the next couple of days.

Dam i want to play that sonic.
I really want to play you Arizona guys too lol. If I promoted and tried to have a regional PM tournament, would you guys come?
Who sethlon? Or you?
Of course me.
Step 1. Come to Tchaikovsky's Ice Tea Sonata in Austin on the 21st
Step 2. Throw down $20 (because I'm not made of Benjamins)
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Get rocked

RoyR and I would love to come to Project M tournaments, especially with other Houston players.

Sethlon, your Sonic looks sick!
That would be amazing! Its been too long since I've ran into you guys. I'll definitely let you know when Zac and I decide on the next date.

k9.

Smash Ace
Yea i would try to come but you should plan it waaaaaaay ahead of time.

Top Bottom