• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink 2012: July Edition

Arty

Smash Lord
Don't Blink 2012: July Edition

The Venue

425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

http://www.cod.edu/Maps/local2.gif

The SRC Building
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/campus2.gif

The new venue is a tiny bit south of the old one. The cafeteria is in back of the old building. There's a large parking lot there where you can park for free.

Schedule

Saturday -- July 21st, 2012
11:00 - 12:30 - Registration
12:30 - Brawl Doubles Bracket
2:30 - Brawl Pools
3:00 - Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition Bracket
3:00 - Project:M Bracket
4:00 - Melee Singles Bracket
4:30 - Brawl Singles Bracket

Prices and Payouts

Venue Fee - FREE!

Main Event
Brawl Doubles - $5* per Person (*Could increase to $10 depending on interest)
Brawl Singles - $10 per Person

Side Events
Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $2
Project:M Singles - $2

Payouts (Doubles)
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

Payouts (Doubles >20 teams)
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

Payouts (Singles <30 people)
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

Payouts (Singles >30 people)
1. 48%
2. 22%
3. 14%
4. 8%
5. 4%
5. 4%

Food

There will be FREE drinks at the venue! :starman: :starman:

There's also many fast food restaurants within ~5 minutes of driving distance. (Taco Bell/Chipotle/KFC/etc)

Brawl Rules

- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- Suicide Rule - If a game ends in a suicide move, and the player that performed the suicide move is using Bowser or Ganon, that player wins the match. If the player is using another character than the victor is determined by who has the lowest percentage.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling and Pausing penalties will be determined by the TOs on a case to case basis.

-Important: There will be a Ledge Grab Limit at this Tournament. It is 35. If your match ends as a result of time, and a player has exceeded the Ledge Grab Limit, he or she loses that match.

Stages

Starters

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshis Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks

Delphino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate
Lylat Cruise

-First stage is agreed upon by the two competitors through stage striking, random selection or mutual agreement and they must choose a Neutral (Starter) stage.

The Stage Striking Process:

The five neutral stages will be the only highlighted ones in the Stage Selection menu. Players can rock-paper-scissors to see who strikes first or mutual agree.

The first player strikes one stage from the 5 neutrals.

The second player strikes two stages from the remaining stages.

The first player strikes one more stage from the list. The remaining stage is the one that will be played for the first match of the set.

The Double Blind Selection Rule:

If both players are having a dispute as to how to select their characters for the first match (usually to avoid unfair counterpicking) the Double Blind Rule may be used. A neutral third party (usually a T.O) will be called in and both players will tell the T.O. their character. Then both players will pick their characters at the same time.

The Counterpicking Process:

Before the player who lost the previous match selects their stage, the opponent may designate a stage ban. That stage cannot be selected by that player for the entire set.
The player who lost the previous match will then select their stage for the next match.
The opponent may switch characters after the stage selection.
Once the opponent has selected their character, the player who lost the previous match may finally change their character if they desire.

TO Contact

Oro -- 630 - 740 - 0270
Arty -- 773 - 633 - 4391
Zwarm -- 847 - 239 - 0343

Parking/Setups

Parking is free and the lot is right outside the SRC building.
BRING SETUPS!

AllisBrawl Listing

Arty

Smash Lord
We're at a new venue guys. It's only a little bit south of the old one. Check the map in the OP for more details. The new venue has plenty of chairs/room and free parking as always.

Side Events for now are Project:M and 3SO. Depending on time, maybe one more could be added.

Also, Mike are you helping TO this one? I added your name to the TO list, but I'm not sure if you're working this date or just coming to enter?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I can help TO if you guys want, it doesn't matter to me. I can watch over side events or something.

I request SFAE as a side event too!

:phone:

:phone:

Scythe

Smash Master
I dont think I'll be playing too many friendlies at this, so I can help run side-events.

ORLY

Smash Master
you guys could just make it on the 28th. the venue is more than big enough for both events.

it's in the cafeteria now which is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

that would clear up some of these RAGE scheduling issues

ORLY

Smash Master
This is mainly because I also want to play 3SO and there's already a good amount of people who play P:M at these, which Rat TO's

The only concern is that with so many events, we don't make it out in time but if people play their matches and don't **** around, we should be fine

Arty

Smash Lord
This is mainly because I also want to play 3SO and there's already a good amount of people who play P:M at these, which Rat TO's

The only concern is that with so many events, we don't make it out in time but if people play their matches and don't **** around, we should be fine
Yah true, I forgot that we have to be out by 11:00. And with people being in 3-4 events, I don't think it'll work if we combine tournies. :(

ORLY

Smash Master
with enough set-ups, it's viable

tournament matches take priority, blah blah blah

Tink

Smash Hero
that would be interesting, theres already a planned smashing grounds for the 28th 0_o....dont be taserin us bro.

edit: reread, and omg NO, 4 events ppl are in, 6 if ppl enter all events with project M would be terrible idea 0_o.....its not like we get 20 setups are these things....that would be crazy.

Arty

Smash Lord
Yah, plus the Melee tourney on the 28th is gonna be pretty big with Linguini showing up. The last couple DBs with both Melee and Brawl went to midnight and sometimes past that and we didn't even run pools. We only have this venue to 11:00PM.

This is tourney is staying at the 21st. Sorry Hunger/MI. There will most likely be another one two weeks later on August 5th so hopefully you guys can make that one.

Scythe

Smash Master
rofl there's going to be a tourney at this venue like every week

_Kain_

Smash Champion
August 5th is Whobo. I think some of IL is trying to go to that

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yo.

When is the next one of these, and I don't mean July 21st, I can read.

I'm going to visit family in GA/NC and megabus goes through IL-KY-GA-NC so I'd be coming twice and I would obviously schedule video games over family in some senses.

I kinda plan on leaving August 8th/9th or so and come back idk, before whenever school starts. Just curious.

Edit: Also, melee?

Double Edit: I just re-read it, uh, August 25th would be extra awesome as that's when I'm probably coming back from that vacation :)

Non-double post edit

I am gonna be around Tuesday August 07, 2012-Friday August 10, 2012

and

Wednesday August 22, 2012-Sunday August 26, 2012

So again, August 25th!

Arty

Smash Lord
August 25th might be a good date for another Don't Blink. There probably will be another one before that as well.

Top Bottom