• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apasher's Melee Monthlies #1 Results [July 7, 2012 Redford, MI]

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Original Thread

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/PocketAces1796

DOUBLES (5 Entrants, $5 per-person entry)

1: Dope + Shady ($35.00)
2: Abu + Kalamazhu ($15.00)
3: Dre + Soul
4: SlayerTokey + Love
5: tmtmny + Greg

*Since there were only 5 teams, we did a Round Robin pool.

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

SINGLES (18 Entrants, $5 entry)

1: Shady ($54.00) :foxmelee:
2: Abu ($27.00) :jigglypuffmelee: :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :foxmelee:
3: Kalamazhu ($9.00) :peachmelee: :foxmelee:
4: Dope :falcomelee:
5: KJH :foxmelee:
5: Rh1thmz :falcomelee:
7: kd :foxmelee:
7: Hellsing (DQ'd from losers bracket) :marthmelee:
9: tmtmny :ganonmelee:
9: Love :marthmelee:
9: Dre :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: :marthmelee: :pikachumelee:
9: Soul (DQ'd from losers bracket) :mariomelee: :falconmelee:
13: Apasher :foxmelee:
13: General Heinz :falconmelee:
13: machinegungeek :peachmelee:
13: Artificial Flavor :luigimelee:
17: Greg :drmario:
17: Neon :marthmelee:

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Pools Results

Pool 1

1. Dope
2. KJH
3. Love
4. Dre
5. Artificial Flavor

Pool 2

1. Shady
2. Soul
3. Rh1thmz
4. machinegungeek
5. Neon

Pool 3

1. Kalamazhu
2. kd
3. General Heinz
4. tmtmny

Pool 4

1. Abu
2. Hellsing
3. Apasher
4. Greg

I would like to thank everyone for coming out to my first event!

Special thanks to Kalamazhu, Dre, and kd for helping me out with pools and bracket.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
Lmao, I played like 5 different characters....not just Pikachu. Sheik and Fox mostly, Marth and Pika sparingly.

Also Prince Abu and I are best buds now!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Good job hosting this Aaron! Really wish I could have made it out there, but it was a tricky weekend for me. Props for getting the results thread up so fast too. Better than IMPULSE *cough* hahaha

I know some venue issues came up but that's part of the experience, man... if **** happens then you have to step up and deal with it sometimes, even if it's not your fault. Good luck finding another venue if that's what you gotta do.

kd-

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

1: Shady ($54.00) - good stuff with the win, your fox was unstoppable today
2: Abu ($27.00) - osu sucks, you're a :088: for that Subway, it's documented
3: Kalamazhu ($9.00) - Salty! gg's dude, I'm making a comic about this
4: Dope - let me last a little longer next time, amirite? Up top!
5: KJH - good stuff for your first tourney, gg's and salty
5: Rh1thmz - Nice placing o.o gg's dude
7: kd - never going to another tourney again, I hope
7: Hellsing (DQ'd from losers bracket) - nice Marth dittos I guess? DQ? =/
9: tmtmny - gg's, I play a lot of Ganon but yours has some nice tricks
9: Love - Too good, thanks for the friendlies
9: Dre - this game sucks, I shoulda did what you did and peace'd out sooner
9: Soul (DQ'd from losers bracket) - DQ? =/ Nice to see you again man, always fun
13: Apasher - Good stuff for your first tourney, sorry some idiot had to trash the bathroom and and the venue as a result, there'll be other places though
13: General Heinz - Nice improvements, don't give up the Falcon, he's such a good character
13: machinegungeek - One of these days you're gonna rip through a tourney, I can feel it
13: Artificial Flavor - Mad strong showing, break out tourney is imminent

Shoutouts to Dope beating me in 1:45, lolol can't wait to not watch
Shoutouts to this ****ty *** game that I hate and possible tourney retirement
Shoutouts to gas stations making change
Shoutouts to it being colder outside in the shade, unfortunate we didn't get AC
Shoutouts to everyone toughing it out inside regardless
Shoutouts to Subway
Anti shoutouts to ****ing Abu for trashing Subway and just peacing
Shoutouts to Dope who was a nice guy and cleaned it up
Shoutouts to first tourney successes in game and out, everyone else's improvements and my regressions
Anti Shoutouts to Slayer for not entering singles, you bum
Shoutouts to Slayer for still being a really cool guy
Shoutouts to my controller, who was not harmed during the duration of this event and will continue to be used

Nice tourney Apasher. Games were hype yo

FlipX

Smash Ace
Abishek you better get that sheik on point, dont wanna stomp you too hard when you get back to cbus.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
KD i have no idea who you are but you gotta BELIEVE man. Everyone gets upset after losing and doubt their own ability to play this game, but you only improve by getting over the losses and moving forward. Remember, no matter what, you absolutely CAN get better with practice and the right mindset.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
1: Shady ($54.00) - Good stuff winning. Your Fox is too good.

2: Abu ($27.00) - We finally got to play. GGs in pools. Good stuff getting 2nd.

3: Kalamazhu ($9.00) - Thanks for helping me out with pools and bracket. Good stuff getting 3rd.

4: Dope - Nice meeting you. I would like to play that Falco next time.

5: KJH - Impressive results for your first tournament! Good stuff. Come to more tournaments!

5: Rh1thmz - Nice meeting you.

7: kd - Thanks again for the ride to the ATM, and to get change for all of those $10s and $20s so I can distribute the prize money/venue fees properly.

7: Hellsing (DQ'd from losers bracket) - GGs. Sorry that I had to DQ you. It was after 7pm, and the place closed at 8pm. I didn't want to wait any longer, so I had no other choice.

9: tmtmny - GGs in bracket. Nice Ganon. Keep coming to these tournaments!

9: Love - Nice meeting you.

9: Dre - Thanks for helping me out with pools/bracket and taking over the TO station while I went to the ATM.

9: Soul (DQ'd from losers bracket) - Read Hellsing's.

13: Apasher - Not bad for a first event. I'll do a better job hosting next time.

13: General Heinz - Nice meeting you.

13: machinegungeek - Nice seeing you again!

13: Artificial Flavor ^ read above.

17: Greg - GGs in pools. Keep working on that Doc.

17: Neon - Nice meeting you.

Anti-Shoutouts to the person who trashed the bathrooms.

Anti-Shoutouts to GrimeMaster/SDMaster/ZeldaMaster for showing up and not entering/rarely playing friendlies.

Shoutouts to ZeldaMaster for wearing a hoodie and not being too hot.

Moooose

Smash Champion
good stuff hosting apasher. hope you get a new venue worked out.
shady holdin it down, i see i'll have to break that spirit when i get back to mi ;)

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
did not place as well as i had hoped but next time im going to 3-0 you skeet shady

1: Shady ($54.00) - i knew if i wud lose to any1 in michigan it wud b you since ur really good vs puff my sheik will hold it down next time however. GGs
2: Abu ($27.00) - u shud b winning o well
3: Kalamazhu ($9.00) - ur ez
4: Dope - GGs
5: KJH - rly good showing for a 1st tournament. u have ur techskill down now just play smarter and learn matchups and i can see you doing really well soon

7: kd - good thing i didnt hav 2 play u
7: Hellsing (DQ'd from losers bracket) - GGs

13: Apasher - thanks for hosting the tourney, you should def host another one before i leave for college

tm

Smash Ace
Awesome meeting you all. I clearly have got a long way to go...
I'll be back.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
ggs to everyone i played and yes i agree with abu you can all watch kzhu get 3-0d by me then 3-0d by abu.
youre slippin kalamazhu

kalindih

Smash Cadet
Lol @ APu thanks..I kept falling for jiggs back air i felt stupid I don't have no one to practice with so idk the match up

:phone:

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Looks like some K-zoo shoutouts are in order.

1: Shady :foxmelee: :marthmelee: - Your Fox was just straight up too good, man. Obviously on a whole other level. I'll just have to work that much harder to beat it.
2: Abu :jigglypuffmelee: :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: - Boo for the Subway, but thanks for the friendlies. GG's.
3: Kalamazhu :peachmelee: - You really play that Falco matchup safe, haha. I gotta work harder on countering the heights you use. I'll take you down one of these days. :p
4: Dope :falcomelee: - Dude, I don't know what you thought, but I really enjoyed our bracket set. I felt that it was pretty epic; I really enjoyed that set. GG's, I hope to get even with your Falco at some point.
5: KJH :foxmelee: :falcomelee: - Your tech skill is crazy clean. Dat controller grip. GG's in friendlies, but you gotta mix it up a bit. Those SHL and full hop rushdown approaches get easy to read after a while
5: Rh1thmz :falcomelee: - Try not to hax the bracket next time
7: kd :foxmelee: - Dude, I'm sorry I didn't provide you with a good bracket set, haha. Super salty. GG's in our friendlies. Hope to see you again at future tourneys.
7: Hellsing :marthmelee: - Thanks for the Marth practice and advice. I got pooped on by Marth all day, lol. I gotta learn that matchup better.
9: Love :marthmelee: - GG's in friendlies. Dat Marth. Hate Marth, lol.
9: Soul :mariomelee: - Definitely had no idea Mario could do such things, lol. GG's in pools. I'll be ready for you next time :p
13: General Heinz :falconmelee: - Gettin' faster. Gettin' stronger. Feelin' alive playin' this game. We gotta keep on training for FC10, dude.
13: machinegungeek :peachmelee: - GG's in pools. I was on fire during those matches, haha. Dat last stock. Shoutouts for transportation.
13: Artificial Flavor :luigimelee: - You've definitely gotten a lot better, Jamie. Keep it comin'. I wanna see you get sick as **** at Luigi, dude.
17: Neon :marthmelee: - GG's in pools, dude. Thanks for coming out to smash. Keep training and definitely come smash again!

Special shoutouts to Apasher for keeping the tourney alive and well even through the physical heat of the venue and the mental heat from some of the people. Successful first tourney.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Looks like a nice turnout. Whenever the next one is, let me know and I'll be there.

Shoutouts to Abu, getting stomped by Shady :denzel:

Also, Greg now that I know there's another :drmario: we shall rise to the top.

EDIT: Also Kzhu is free :yeahboi:

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
Fun-*** tourney there, apasher. Here's to many more monthlies in Redford.

2: Abu- GGs. **** puff lol. Congrats on GF's, hope we'll play more in the future.
3: Kalamazhu- Coulda swore I did way better against you last time we were in the same pool, but damn GGs. Peach too good.
4: Dope- Clutch cleanup at subway there, haha. Didn't play you I don't think but we'll get some friendlies some time. I could use it.
5: KJH- Daaaaaamn man. I thought I had that ****. After that last knee first match on Yoshi's I was feeling good. Real good play though, definitely the best matches I played all day. We shall meet again for the salt.
5: Rh1thmz- WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE. No but srsly, good ****. Good matches, now on to FC!
7: kd- Real good **** chad. Good seeing you, good friendlies, and real good matches in pools. I got your number next time kalamazoo comes out to AA!
7: Hellsing- Good to see you again. We didn't play at all, but perhaps next time. Sucks about the DQ too =\
9: tmtmny- Glad you decided to come out. Good friendlies, just keep it up. You already got a recorded set with Shady, it can only get better, lol.
9: Love- Think we played at least a couple friendlies anyway, but GGs.
9: Soul- sexy mario, hope dat t-bell was delicious lol
13: Apasher- thanks for running a good tourney dude, best of luck with future monthlies. I'm sure we'll come to as many as we can.
13: machinegungeek- GGs aidan man. Finally got more than like two wins against your peach, haha. Thanks for drivin.
13: Artificial Flavor- ****in weegee. Keep up the good work, saw some dirty **** come out of you.
17: Greg- Keep workin on that doc, man. He might seem handicapped but I know it's possible to **** with him. GGs, hope you decide to keep coming out to MI tournies if they're not too far.
17: Neon- GGs man. Just gotta be gayer, that's all :p Grab grab grab grab grab.

It was hot as **** but it was worth it dudes.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Also:

Anti-shoutouts to Apasher for forgetting to bring his powerstrip to his own tournament.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Ya, kid cant win a local tourny, but can sure as hell 4 stock a subway floor with 3.5 inches of meat, cheese, an swauce. LOL jk abu, i cleaned up subway dis time, nex time that 5 jumpin jiggs LOl.

Btw i might go to FC. Gonna be tough to get work off tho. Gotta practice before i go drop a bill lol. FALCOS BILL THAT IS!!!

Top Bottom