• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Nedech got first in pools R2. His DK beat Over 2-1. NamiNami got 3th and Doraki 4th. Potato Chips 5th, not making it out. Other upsets were Baxon only getting 3rd, losing to both Zgetto and Daumling. Aldwyn beat Fuzzyness. Adam beat Calle W. Ice beat EK. Android didn't make it out of pools.

:phone:

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff to PP for taking a set and putting up a fight.

Also, lol at both finalists taking turns 3-stocking and 2-stocking each other. Turn-based ownage and crazy sets all around!

Edit: AJP, what was Armada's face like after winning the third set? You said it was something to see.

Battlecow

Play to Win

that was one of the best... ubersets? what word here? I've ever seen. I just really, really, really wish that PP had hit a bair in that last match... an uberset that goood deserves a 4-3 finish.

PP showed so much character coming back from that brutal 4-0. Great players.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Amazing tournament to watch, all matches in the top 12 were mad interesting.

Shoutouts to Fuzzy for once, for being cool and delivering a great stream and letting us finish Grand Finals.

WIDL

We Are Born
awesome tourney! wish I wasn't sick the second day. allergies hit me big time that day. :/ I choose not to believe that it affected my play though. :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
was a great tournament, I had fun playing everyone and overall it was well run
livestream went great too ^^

sadly norway is expensive, and the travel was a nightmare

Because we stayed to live stream the grand finals second set we weren't able to get to the airport without paying for a taxi because we'd have to wait for another train 1 hour later -.-
So me and Jolteon had to use our winnings + the rest of our money and pay 1600kr (like £200 or nearly 200 Euros) for a taxi to get to the UK players back to the airport. Meaning we basically won nothing because of 15 mins extra livestream meaning we missed the train 5:30 train and the next train 8 mins before we arrived to oslo rygge :/ sigh Tonberry =( THE DAMN TRAVEL WORKS WERE STILL ON AND YOU SAID THE TRAINS WERE WORKING T___T

so we wasted
275kr x 6 on a train ticket each from the train station to oslo rygge
-> found out that train replacement bus service was going on still
-> found out we couldnt take the train from oslo s because it was in an hours time (missed by 8 mins..the time it took for grand finals to be over)
-> had to pay for a 1600kr taxi

SUCKS

I'll post shoutouts later, my first day of work starts in 5 hours :s gdnite guys

videos will be uploaded to youtube tomorrow =)

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
The train replacement have allways been stated to last till august as far as I've known. That too bad, it's highly important to plan very well when you're leaving by a further away airport like Rygge.

The tournament was really a absolutely superb happening! As far as I can think of anything that didn't go well.. I cannot, I loved it. Three days whooshed away with some amazing bracket matches setting the climax. Thanks to the entertainers. So much credit to Tonberry and everyone supporting for all the effort. (and I can see it's been a lot of work)

I'm actually really courious now if the hotel/venue owners are pleased with the event and their income.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
tonberry told us the train was up and there would be one at 5:50pm, so we went for that but it was still a replacement service ~_~ and because we went for that we missed our train to oslo rygge by 8 mins and had no choice but to take a cab

we were originally going to leave at 5pm but tonberry said it'd be ok and to keep streaming the grand finals

this mistake cost us a lot of money T_T

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Pretty much the same thing happened to us.
We missed the train by five minutes, and would have had to wait for 2h for a train that would probably not have made it in time for our bus in Oslo, since it was Sunday night. Luckily, Lolex is a god walking amongst mere mortals, the very essence of kindness and humanity, and he picked us up (~12 people in a van made for 9) and drove to Oslo. We were ready to go from the venue about 4h before the bus would leave from Oslo, and would not have made it. That is bad ****ing commuting.

Top Bottom