• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 5A - Framingham, MA - NESS Championship/APEX Qualifier

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Had a blast today, shoutouts to JPEG for showing us Vegas doesn't suck. Glad to see the result of everyone's training this summer. Seems like we're all a lot better than we were at the start of it!

Good job to Kevin and Elen and Robin for doing such a great job hosting.

Awesome job, Mafia.

Pro Bracket
1: Thorn ($211.50) 1024 APEX Points :falcomelee:
2: Dazwa ($105.75) 512 APEX Points :sheikmelee:
3: BB Mafia ($58.75) 128 APEX Points :falconmelee: :peachmelee:
4: The Moon ($37.60) 64 APEX Points :marthmelee:
5: Moose ($23.50) 16 APEX Points :falcomelee:
6: Jpeg Image ($14.10) 16 APEX Points :falconmelee:
7: Swift ($11.75) 8 APEX Points :foxmelee:
8: Darc ($7.05) (Forfeit once guaranteed a Pro Bracket spot due to work johns.) 8 APEX Points :sheikmelee:

Prelim Bracket
1: Dazwa :sheikmelee:
2: Darc :sheikmelee:
3: Moose :falcomelee:
4: JPeg Image :falconmelee:
5: KevinM - 2 APEX Points :foxmelee:
5: Slox - 2 APEX Points :foxmelee:
7: MattDotZeb - 2 APEX Points :falcomelee:
7: ArcNatural - 2 APEX Points :foxmelee:
9: Andy - 1 APEX Point :jigglypuffmelee:
9: Banks - 1 APEX Point :sheikmelee:
9: AwsmSean - 1 APEX Point :luigimelee:
9: WeaponX - 1 APEX Point :peachmelee:
13: Kyle :sheikmelee:
13: PSI :luigimelee:
13: Hailey :peachmelee:
13: SOLAR :peachmelee: :foxmelee:
17: Yedi :falcomelee: :drmario:
17: Kyupuff :icsmelee:
17: Sai :jigglypuffmelee:
17: Strawhats :marthmelee:
17: mr lemon :drmario:

Doubles
1: Super Megaman RPG: Legend of the 7 ***** ($91.00) (Darc/Dazwa) :jigglypuffmelee:&:sheikmelee:
2: Th0rn and Banks ($26.00) :foxmelee:/:falcomelee:&:sheikmelee:
3: Trees and Elen ($13.00) :falconmelee:&:foxmelee:/:falconmelee:
4: Slox and Solar
5: Swift and Arc
5: Do You Like Our Erection Selection?
7: Kyupuff and Moose
7: ***.Man
9: Team Live Badass
9: WeaponX and Tsai
9: Crush and Foxlisk
9: Sora and Mr. Lemon
13: Gonzo and Larx

Spife

Smash Master
shout outs to all you guys, i'm gonna miss you, to tired to give dedicated shout outs ad no one does them anyway?
shout outs to yedi for being black and showing up
shout outs to peppercorn for being flow and also guts
shout outs to andy for for that beastly hug
shout outs to banks for making me laugh through my eyeballs
shout outs to kevin for wearing a green shirt

shout outs to new england <3

Banks

Smash Hero
just got home, had a ball even though I was not elated with how I played my tournament matches

shouties to moose and mattdotzeb for taking me down in a matchup I've never played before

gg'z though for real, shoutouts to everyone I would shoutout if I were to do shoutouts

i'm not though

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
put a sheik next to my name so I can look cool like dazwa lolol

Also the time I don't get to play is the time swiftbass is on the opposite side of the bracket LOL. I'm mad.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
after my emo episode in open bracket, i had a great time. shoutouts to elen's controller and shoutouts to goten beating trunks

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
1: Thorn- First tournament in a while I haven't had to play you. Maybe good news for you :3 Nicely won, Bill.
2: Dazwa- I have nothing for you but respect.
3: BB Mafia- Yay!
4: The Moon- I've already given you most of the praise I intend to. Continue to improve and remain humble. I cannot wait to see what you do next.
5: Moose- Another pair of antlers to mount on my wall :3 I'm sorry there was so much jank in our set (airdodge off stage, you missing a potential kill move on Stadium). I still think we both played well for the first part. It's been absolutely thrilling to play smash against you while you've been here <3
6: Jpeg Image- John! Man, thank GOD you didn't have to play me because I would have sent your *** back to the special education facility you reside at known as vegas, you ****ing idiot. Anyway, way to rep OOS at a crazy stacked tournament.
7: Swift- I was frankly amazed with myself for beating you. I thought I was a goner. Nice to see the whole peach falcon thing kind of work for me, though.
8: Darc- Thank you for teaching me stuff/breifly playing teams with me/warming me up. But I still wonder: Why sheik?

Hailey, Matt, Diesel and Kevin: The five of us placed in a variety of ways. I want y'all to know, I am so proud of all of you. Though for some of us it may not have shown here, we have all have grown tremendously over the time we've known each other. Where we are now has it's individual sets of challenges, and regardless of whether or not we're able to succeed with those, I will always be so proud of all of us, if only for that growth.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Good games to everybody I played in both singles and teams.

Moose, it was great meeting you and playing with you every chance I could. You are definitely one of the most solid / consistent players I've had the chance to play. You definitely repped the MW better than anyone else could have despite our best efforts trying to keep you out of high placing. See you at the Big House.

Matt, over the course of you thinking I was terrible to me beating you 100x (:awesome:) over it was also amazing meeting you and chilling whenever we did. You just need to remember that improving is more important than winning and that nobody should ever think they deserved a win before they even played out the set. Once you get past getting angry at this game I can see a big leap of improvement. Definitely another face I'm going to miss at tournaments.

Swift, the homie. Drove 40 minutes out of his way to drop me / Steve off. You will find your love for the game again at FC. That's really all I have to say. I know losing to bad people like Mafia and JPEG might be discouraging, trust me I've been there :troll: but we all gotta pay our dues. Good luck at FC and with trying to become exactly what you want.

th0rn, i honestly want to get last seed every time just so i play you first round. the upset is coming and you feel it just as much as i do. i'm one of the top contenders for your thr0ne and i'm working my *** off to get there. good **** destroying this region for like the last two years uncontested though.

:dazwa:, you da man. great ****ing games. i am satisfied with the end of our set and the end of game two was hilarious. that's probably the most fun i've had in tournament ever. we should probably try teaming at one of these. good **** at taking second at these last two tournaments. hope you continue to play melee and hopefully enter melee at regionals / nationals too. :dazwa:

jpeg - ggs, sorry about my johns even though i won. i was kind of a tool about that. i see a lot of things you can work on and next time we play i will definitely point them out. my falcon is better than yours though and i will prove that IN TOURNAMENT next time. ^^

mafia - all grown up. you are leaving pretty soon too, ****. i mean that just means we have to take tristates money in TEAMS? impressive Ws at this tournament. i'm glad you've found your true characters. the falcon looking amazing. good ****.

moon - so humble. i wish i was like this a few months back. looking forward to our next set since i couldn't make it to you this tournament. potential no johns rematch?

darc - why are you so good?

Brookman

Smash Hero
guys actin' like noobs. Let me get warmed up and I'll come out and beat thorn for you next time ;]

strawhats

Smash Master
shoutouts to sai: love playing
slox: keeps improving out of sight
crush: definitely keeps getting better
moon: good **** getting 4th though i know you were aiming for much higher and can do better
moose: sad face i didn't get to play u for more than 2 stocks.
CK: <3 ALWAYS a pleasure being in the same venue with you man
pepper: GGs man , keep repping that link and etting better
Solar: thank for the many friendlies and GGs. that ness :)
jpeg sorry my hand started cramping up at a very bad time, hope to play you again
Tim/aka Jack/ aka Swift: keep your head up man. You're soooo damn good, and judging from the skill level you display at nationals in the past I know for sure you'll be ****** face again. Thanks for the ride and see u soon
Awsmsean: Thanks for the ride man and we'll play next time. Your mad chill btw.
Brian: I like that ganon, would love to play your more.
Hailey M: Good **** beating me, and i look forward to playing you again.
Spife: good luck out in the MW and I hope our paths cross once again someday. :)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
2: Dazwa- I have nothing for you but respect.
I yell "WOOP" every time you die in doubles, I troll you with mid/low-tier characters, I'm your demon in tournament, and yet you respect me.

Well then I respect you too

Thorn - M2K was right, I should have Falco dittoed you.
[AlwaysFraudlike] LuckyDazwa -

Mafia - Good job Goten! Ask Elen how I hoped you were going to do.
The Moon - I was legit about that $50 MM story, ask Darc. Good stuff, hope to play against you in the future!
Moose - For our next performance, we'll play 3 sets. The first two will be best of 5, and the third set will be a race to see who can win two separate best of 3 sets.
Jpeg - Causing all kinds of upsets today! I didn't see the upsets themselves, but based on who you took out, you probably would have taken me down as well if it weren't for Falcon being my favorite matchup (that and Sheik v Falcon is lol).
Swift - You were the person I was most worried about meeting in bracket, but I somehow avoided you. You did 3-0 me at the bottom of the staircase though, "Hi."
Darc - pssh ur sheik is garbonzo, not even close babyyyyyyy
KevinM - Again I'm sorry for the post-match salt, and I promise to beat you next time!
Slox - LOL I'm so glad game 2 was recorded. Straight up silly ****. And yeah I'd be down for teams in the future, feel free to ask!
MDZ + Spife - Have fun in Chicago!
ArcNatural - You're still so scary to play against, even with your rust. We gotta hang out more!
Andy - We finally played! It was anti-climactic. And then you beat th0rn in front of a crowd of thousands, and it was climactic.
Banks - I feel like if you were on my side of the bracket, our placements would have been traded. Sorry my brother ruins brackets :(
AwsmSean - In retrospect I'm really glad I accepted those friendlies because it refocused my brain for my next matches in the bracket. QUIT LUIGI, YOUR FOX IS A MONSTER.
WeaponX - *walljump*
SOLAR - Good stuff taking a game off me in pools, MARTHA STEWART THO
Strawhats - You've definitely improved, you looked great in the matches I saw and of course you made it out of pools. Btw sorry for declining the friendlies, I was still salty over the controller ordeal at the time. I owe you friendlies!
Foxlisk - We're going to be in every pool from here on out. Even if we're both at a tournament in like Europe or something - it'll happen.
Pepper - aka Guts - aka EG.Flow - aka Pastabilities - aka AKA - hi
Diesel - PurpNBlackHatAttack
Gonzales - aka y2kbakura - aka HonzoGonzo - young link
Anyone else I forgot - let me know and I'll give you two shoutouts

Zhea

Smash Ace
Hey all,

Just wanted to say this was a great tournament, really glad I came out even if I did get destroyed, learned and grew more than the 9 hours of falcon thread reading I did on the train up ( stupid layovers ). Thanks to everyone who played my scrub *** in friendlies! GGs!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Hey all,

Just wanted to say this was a great tournament, really glad I came out even if I did get destroyed, learned and grew more than the 9 hours of falcon thread reading I did on the train up ( stupid layovers ). Thanks to everyone who played my scrub *** in friendlies! GGs!
Wow, I wish I knew someone all the way out from Troy actually took a train here. That's nuts. Although I didn't meet you I'm glad you got to come and enjoyed yourself.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
That wasn't the real yedi. Someone else entered as his tag, but I have now exposed him to be fake.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Hailey, Matt, Diesel and Kevin: The five of us placed in a variety of ways. I want y'all to know, I am so proud of all of you. Though for some of us it may not have shown here, we have all have grown tremendously over the time we've known each other. Where we are now has it's individual sets of challenges, and regardless of whether or not we're able to succeed with those, I will always be so proud of all of us, if only for that growth.
BRB Killing self.

Top Bottom