• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@victinivcreate1: Please do not quote the primary post, as it's constantly changing every day. When possible, please remove the quote from your last post.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Want: 1
Liklihood: 1

While I like the Fire Emblem series, the characters change from game to game, giving them a flavor of the month feel. One reason why I'm not too into being "X character for smash" from the series.

This character has too much competition, plus the only person that really has a shot is the next blue haired hero of the next game. Each next game with their blue haired hair.

Nominate: Sukapon x5

Prediction for Pluse, Minum, whatever they are spelled: 1

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
One thing I will say about Anna is that her recurring status does give her a little bit of a chance, appearing in more games then even Marth. Unfortunately said appearances are very minor, which causes her to be easily overlooked by pretty much everyone else (especially Krom and Roy). Even the playable appearance in Awakening probably won't save her in the end, but it might give her more of a chance then the pre-Brawl era at least.

Want: 2.5 (She's kinda cute admittedly)
Likelihood: 1

For Plusle and Minun, I predict a 2.11.

Nominations are Zoroark (x2), Megaman (x2), and Little Mac

D

Deleted member

Nomination updated.

Less than ten hours left for today.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

IceClimbers x5

Voting & Discussing

Anna

Personal Bias: 0
Likelihood: 0.15

I'm probably one of the few who did know who she was before her name started coming up. While I don't think she is a 0 in likelihood, she's definitely not very high. Her recurring status is the only thing holding her together. Anna is neither popular nor important in the Fire Emblem series. There are many other Fire Emblem characters that out prioritize her in every way.

Prediction

Plusle & Minun: 2.33

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main reason some support Anna, other than the female thing, is that she's been in almost, if not, every game? In that case, where is the support for the Pokemart Worker? :troll:

Just as an example, I just think her "support" is shallow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
wth, is she like immortal or something?

Does she never age?

D

Deleted member

Anna:

Want: 2.5
Used to want her as a scapegoat for Krom (not unlike most of the Victini supporters did for Zoroark), but stopped caring too much.

Likelihood: 1.5
Only thing she has going for her honestly is that her clan of Jenny/Joy Complex appears in near every title, with one being recruitable in the latest game.
She still has competition with the mentioned Krom and also Roy. And even then, Anna is not that popular of a choice, so people like Micaiah, Lyn, etc. would be considered before her as well.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Anna

The best and most fitting to such a recurring mascot supporter character like Anna is to get a role of a instructor or "menu crawler" in SSB4's menus and modes, explaining the modes and maybe giving hints on them. On the other hand, she has just too much competition to deal with, including the much more requested FE-representators like the popular duo (Roy and Krom) and even some characters that might be behind those two (Ike and maybe even Lyn or Leaf), which doesn't really give her much of a good edge.

Want: 0.3
Likelyhood: 0.1

Predicting Plusle and Minun to get 1.7

Noms:

Dixie Kong x3

Saki x2

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anna?

Want. 0.1
Likeliness. 0.1

I really don't think she's ever gonna be playable in Smash. If she didn't get in Melee over Marth or Roy... or in Brawl over Marth or Ike... she's still not getting in over Marth or Krom and I am 99% certain Krom will get in Smash 4. She's never the main lord of a Fire Emblem game. Only lords get in Smash. And more importantly, she doesn't seem to give off that "mascot" aura at all. I don't see her as a vital character to represent the Fire Emblem franchise.

She doesn't interest me. I dunno why she's even suggested other than being a female and that she always shows up in all games as an unimportant character who apparently explains the menus. Is it because she is playable for the first time in FE13? It's not going to change anything, especially when the protagonist of that game (Krom) has a better chance of getting in Smash.

Nominations. Little Mac, King Hippo, Duck Hunt Dog, Meowth, Tingle

D

Deleted member

If she didn't get in Melee over Marth or Roy... or in Brawl over Marth or Ike...
While the rest of what you said is true, this point is poor reasoning, as Anna hasn't shown much for a fighting game prior to Awakening.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Want: 2.6
I'm pretty indifferent towards Fire Emblem as a whole, so I really don't care who gets added, if anyone, but I like her design, so slightly more than complete indifference. If my research is correct, then she's appeared in all of the Fire Emblem games except one, she's playable in the newest game, but in all of the games except for the one she's playable in, she does not serve much of a role. Not very likely in my opinion because I see Roy as the most likely Fire Emblem rep this time around, assuming that only one is being added, and she hasn't really been requested or really talked about as much as other potential FE reps. 0.5 in likelihood.

Prediction: 1.3

Nominations:
Toad x3
Bowser Jr. x2

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't have too much time for a in-depth rating. I didn't know who Anna is until I started researching on Fire Emblem Kakusei. While a interesting and non-blue haired character, she completely lacks the popularity and importance if characters such as Leaf, Roy, Lyn, Michaiah, and Chrom. I would rather see her as a AT or a Shop keeper. Any chances of her being playable would be in a Fire Emblem fighting game.

For Anna;
Want: 0
Likeliness: 0

Plus and Min prediction: 1.5

Nomination: M. Bison x5

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Someone put a link in this thread yesterday to a website page about her. So I knew about her yesterday! Seriously though, no chance.
Likelihood 5 0
Want 0

No relevance to FE (as far as I know, I've never played an FE game,) and if that's not enough, she's about 8th in line since she seems to have a one-person fan base, that's better than a lot of other FE chracters. (It kind of has to be.)

Plusle and Minun prediction: 2.01 Not expecting any 0's, so it will be more lively than yesterday and especially today...

Nominations Zoroark: x5
I will be giving plusle and minun a 0.... in both categories

GAH screw samurai Goroh!

D

Deleted member

Anna's boob did attract the crowd, for a few seconds. But when people started to look at what she was worth, they realized how they were lied to. People did not see any value to her and any attempt for Anna to flaunt her boobs allowed resulted in more virulent opposition. One fanboy had his lip tighten for the day since he was so annoying.

Her final result, after being kicked out of the stadium by the officials, was an abysmal .47 in want and only slightly less laughable .9 in want. MelMoe didn't care at all, given that she was awared five extra nominations and that was all that mattered to her.

Anna's leaving did allow for a new Pokemon to step in and Pokemon speculations are always wild. With that came the first Pokemon newcomer contender and the first one from the lost generation, the 6th gen. Plusle & Minun joyfully ran up to the platform and when they did, spark up an electric storm, which interested the crowd.

They had the crowd excited, now all they had to do was hope and pray that they would do well.

Anna receives a .47 in likelihood and a .9 in want. MelMoe was the closest in prediction, so he wins.

Day Fifteen has began! Today, we are voting for Plusle & Minun while we predict what Samurai Goroh gets tomorrow. Day ends at 10:45 PM CST tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Plusle & Minun

Ruby & Sapphire, the last generation of Pokemon that I loved. I feel as if any gen deserves a newcomer that isn't from the first one, it's definitely the third one and it could really use some.

Unfortunately, chances are slim that third gen will ever get a rep and what slim chance there is has been divided into Plusle & Minun and Deoxys, neither of whom have much of a chance.

Really, the only thing going for Plusle & Minun at the moment is that they were supposedly part of the Forbidden Seven and as such, supposedly met Sakurai's four criteria, so Sakurai might find them worthy of a try. But that is a very long shot, especially when we have Mewtwo knocking at the door for his return, Lucario being likely to return, and competition between a 5th/6th gen rep and Deoxys, in which we're not even guarantee a newcomer. Heck, throw Pichu into the mix as well given that it was in Melee.

I have to give Plusle & Minun a 0.5 in likelihood, which is being generous. As for want, since I REALLY want a 3rd gen rep and a Pokemon duo mechanic looks interesting, Plusle & Minun would do the job fine. I'll give them a 3 in want since I harbor some interest in their inclusions.

I nominate Ghirahim, Mega Man, Roy, Lucario, and Mii.

I am predicting that Samurai Goroh gets a 3.13 tomorrow.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Likely:
1 and only that high from Forbidden 7 status. They are a lot less relevent now that during Brawl's development
Want:
0: Pikaclones are BORING

Nominate: Yoshimitsu x5

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Likeliness: 0

I'm mostly meh on them. Really doubt Sakurai put any effort into them (if it really is them) enough to take a second glance.

x5 Little Mac

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
want: 0, they way low on the list that of pokemon represenatives

likely hood: 1.5, they were in the forbidden 7 and they will be in black and white 2 but that's it (not to mention that the two are part of a line of cute electric pokemon for a generation)

Samurai Goroh prediction: 3.11

nominations: Mr Stevenson x 5

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Likelihood: 0

It is debatable whether their "Forbidden 7" (such a stupid name) status is even real. They are rarely ever suggested, and the only Pokémon that are being asked for consistently are Mewtwo and Zoroark (not going to discuss her now). Even if they were a concept Sakurai had at one point, I don't see him revisiting this one.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Plusle & Minun:
Want- 0
Likelihood- 0.2

Very unlikely that they'll be in, specially considering their very heavy competition against Mewtwo, Lucario, Zoroark, Deoxys and even Pichu.

Prediction for Samurai Goroh- 3.86

Nominations
Mach Rider x3
Waluigi
Black Shadow

D

Deleted member

Plusle & Minun:

I don't want them much.
If they were planned for Brawl, they were an idea scrapped early on given how they aren't seperate like Popo and Nana or Diddy and Dixie.
Sakurai is also not inclined to include them because they are 3rd Gen. Afterall, he pretty much said that he didn't find any of the popular Gen 2 Pokemon to be viable and only added Pichu as a last minute clone. Likely, P+M were meant to be added solely to replace Pichu, showing how little Sakurai thinks of them. Even worse in that they didn't even make the cut in the long run early on.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Even if they were planned for Brawl, which isn't 100% certain or confirmed, their time has passed. They were never super popular, and there are A LOT better pokemon that could be playable. Like Vespiqen for example.

Nominate Sukapon x5
Predict Goroh: 3

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Reason: 1. they would be at least somewhat pikachu clones. 2. we only need one electric type. 3. Third gen has several much better pokes to choose from.
Reason: they get a 1 for the sole reason that they were planned for brawl.

Nominations
Waluigi
Black Shadow
Krystal
Impa
Zoroark

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Likelihood: 0.2. Only because of possibly being somewhat considered. They're the Gen III Pika-Clones and really didn't leave too much of a lasting impact. They were pretty important in Destiny Deoxys, iirc, but of course, Deoxys and Rayquaza, as well as Munchlax, stole any sort of spotlight they could have had.

Want: 0. I'm sorry, but they really don't interest me, even as a Pokemon fan. In the third gen alone there are many I like more: Castform, Breloom, Deoxys, Walrein, Altaria, Swampert, Banette, Camerupt and Grumpig just to name a few.

Predicting a 3.14 for Goroh. Because pi is cool.

x5 for Krom

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Yay I won! :grin:

Nominations

ROB x10

Voting & Discussing

Plusle & Minun

Personal Bias: 1.7
Likelihood: 1.43

I wouldn't be completely upset if Plusle & Minun got in, but I would be if they got in instead of Mewtwo. Plusle & Minun may be electric rats like Pikachu, but that doesn't mean they are clones; that's like saying all the swordsmen are clones.

The pra_mai argument is a poor one to use for Plusle & Minun because it has never been confirmed that Sakurai planned them. Pra_mai is still just pure speculation. It is also speculated that it is data for the random button because it can be roughly translated as "every player." Nothing else is known about pra_mai except the name. If Plusle & Minun were planned, they most likely would of had separate data files like Popo & Nana. Pra_mai could of also been place holders early in development; this however, is still just speculation.

Despite the rumor for Brawl, Plusle & Minun are still popular characters. They have big competition with Mewtwo, 5th gen pokemon, & even the popular 3rd gen Deoxys.

Prediction

Samurai Goroh: 2.34

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If we're doing returning characters in this, maybe I should start voting up mario. I bet I could guess his chances in this and get 10 votes

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It's kind of funny that the last couple characters have had pretty horrible ratings in both categories. Since this whole thing started only a little more than two weeks ago, you'd think that we'd start with all of the characters that most agree have a good chance...ANYWAY.

Want: 4.0
I'm probably the minority, but I actually really like Minun (just Minun, not so much Plusle), so having it playable is something I would really enjoy. It's my favorite of all of the "electric rodents," which we always seem to get a new one of every generation.
That being said, I don't think that they're very likely. Sure, they're not the most irrelevant Pokemon out there, but they're not as popular as the other likely Pokemon reps. The only way I see them being included is that we get some sort of DLC pack for the possible Gen3 remakes, but that's assuming that way to many things happen. 0.5 in likelihood.

Prediction: 3.85

Nominations:
Toad x3
Bowser Jr. x2

jigglover

Smash Lord
To everyone who is saying that Plusle and Minun are out-dated, not necessarily, since generation 3 remakes are pretty likely. Especially since (I read it in ONM) they're the most popular games for the game boy. Ruby was the most popular game boy game, sapphire was in 2nd and Emerald third.

For want, and obvious 5, since like SSBF, gen 3 was also the last generation I properly enjoyed.

For likelihood, I'm giving them a 3.93, Gen 3 remakes seem likely, and the only competition that they've got for a gen 3 slot is Deoxys. Deoxys would be a very difficult character to include into the game. Even on the Deoxys thread, they haven't reached a verdict on how to implement his four forms. The different forms he has are a staple to his character, but this works against his chances, since having four forms is too many. You might be saying, just use down B, that could work, but if you want his speed form, and you're in his regular, then you have to switch through attack, defense, and then speed to get to it. Anyway, back to Plusle and Minun, and pra_mai. Smash wiki says that it can be translated loosely into every player. But Plusle and Minun seems more likely, since they had even been included in polls at the time.

Nominations
Zoroark x2
Bowser junior x3

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is no solid evidence, or any rumors, of a gen 3 remake.

It's only speculation because they remade the last 2 gens. And gen 2 took a lot of fan support to get remade.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Did I say it was fact? No. I said it was likely since Nintendo and Gamefreak got a bucket-load for the actual games, and they may as well make a remake, I mean, it's the only sub-series main-stream kind of Pokemon game there is besides the original, and going back to three main-stream games now would be quite a stupid move on Nintendo's behalf to be honest.
Also, it's not like they don't make a lot of money off of remakes either, since, fire-red and leaf-green were 4th and 5th respectively for game boy.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Plusle and Minun is another character...err..characters I don't necessary care for. While it would be nice to see a Generation 3 pokemon, I would much rather like to see a Hoenn Trainer or Deoxys playable than Plusle and Minun.

In addition, remakes of Ruby and Sapphire is a possibility but nothing has been revealed yet and anything right now it purely speculation. Since Generation 1 and 2 were remade, it is only logical that Generation 3 is remade logically but Nintendo doesn't always look at things logically. Only time will tell. However, while it is ok to base a speculation on another speculation, to propose it as absolute fact negatively affects your argument for the character.

As well, P and M wasn't a 100% part of the Forbidden 7. While the data found in Brawl suggests it, it isn't has clear cut as Dixie Kong or Toon Zelda. Therefore, unless there is absolute undeniable evidence that they were apart of that 7, it's still speculation that they were.

As well, it is obvious that Sakurai doesn't go about generation representation but who the most popular character at the time and who fits Smash Bros. well. While P and M fits the Smash universe fairly well, I don't see them extremely popular or requested. Plus, they have competition from Lucario, Mewtwo, Victini, Zoroark, and even Pichu. As well, Lucario, Mewtwo, and Zoroark are highly requested within both the Smash and Pokemon community.

So while P and M would make an interesting character, I think they lost their chance. Even if a Ruby an Sapphire game is remade, there are more popular characters within that Generation.

For Plusle and Minun;

Likeliness: 1.4

Samurai Goroh Prediction: 4

Nominations:

Black Shadow x1
Saki x1
Prince Sable x1
M. Bison x1
Mach Rider x1

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
For likelihood, I'm giving them a 3.93
I really don't care how much you like them, look at the people we voted on who had a 3.93 or higher.

I agree that gen 3 deserves a rep. Sadly there actually aren't any great rep choices from that generation. Plusle and Minun aren't even popular either, I can prove this because in a fan voting competition held by IGN they didn't crack the top 100. These two would end up being pikachu, with ice climber benefits/problems. In other words a waste of roster space. Pokemon has a ton of reps and people are asking for more, no way we are getting more than one pokemon added in. I value Zororak or a second trainer higher over plusle and minun, which lowers their likeliness imo.

put short.

Want: 0 I absolutely hate these things.
Likelihood: 0 Too many other good reps

Samurai Goroh prediction: 3

nominations
Lloyd Irving x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom