• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Plusle & Minun duo gets a 2.5 from me. Although they could work, the 3rd generation has come and gone, and they would defeat the uniqueness of the Ice Climbers.

Nominations
1: Rosalina
2: Black Shadow
3: Saki
4: Bowser Jr.
5: Dixie Kong

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
2.5 likelihood or want, MSG? Just wondering.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Aw. Poor Anna. I couldn't believe anyone could get a lower score than Nook.

Anyway, these guys.
Want: 2.5
As far as possible Gen 3 reps, I'd rather Deoxys be playable. But they might be interesting.
Likelihood: 3.5
Tons of people are jumping on the "Forbidden 7" bandwagon and think Plusle and Minun should be playable SOLELY because there's a chance they might have almost been in Brawl. Remember, we still don't know for sure what Pra_Mai really means.

NOM NOMS:
Dixie Kong x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 0.2
Likelihood: 0.5

Make no mistake, these guys would inherit Pichu's terrible moveset, just without the self-damage. If I'm docking points from -MEWTWO- of all Pokemon because of the competition within the series, as well as the difficulty with Pokemon Company negotiations, you can be sure I'll use that same reasoning to whittle down "pra_mai's" likelihood to almost zilch. Being in the Forbidden Seven is not a free pass to become playable here just because it allegedly means they had a moveset (you'll see more of this reasoning when Dixie comes up); moveset creation is not rocket science. Who cares if Sakurai has a supposed trend of bringing back cut elements in his sequels? He won't carry on that trend simply to carry on that trend: he'll need a reason to bring back content, and unlike Mewtwo, there's little reason to do so with Plusle and Minum, especially not when the characters have as little popularity as they do.

Nominating Little Mac x3, Bowser Jr. and Dixie x1.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'm all for pokemon reps from newer generations, and I wouldn't care if they were a Pikachu clone. I'd rather see a rep from a more recent game though.

Giving them a want of 2

There's like 600 other pokemon that they could choose though, and gen 1 and the newer generation hold more priority.

So I'm giving their likelihood a 0.06

Would love it if they could make Plusle and Minun as alternate models for Pikachu. That seems like a big stretch though.

Prediction for Samurai Goroh
Predicting a 4 for Goroh.

NOMINATIONS

Ness x5

D

Deleted member

Forgot to answer shrooby's question:

You do not have to vote for likelihood/want in order to nominate/predict, thought I encourage everyone to do so.

Also, a little more than eleven hours for this day left.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
2.5 likelihood or want, MSG? Just wondering.
Seeing as the vote is for today's character(s), it's pretty much a likelihood rating. Besides, aren't the want ratings only issuable on tomorrow's character?

I'm probably missing something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nah, here's the four categories:

Want: 0-5 scale on how much you'd like to see them.
Likelihood: 0-5 scale on what you think their chance is.
Prediction: Predict the likelihood of tomorrow's character to try to win extra nominations
Nominations: Who you nominate to get scored. Up to 5 per day, double if prediction is won.

You can still do want/bias and likelihood.

D

Deleted member

Wait, do I have to do predictions and nominations?
I haven't been really doing that, and I don't want to start now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
While it's possible that Plusle and Minun might've had a chance for Brawl, (although I don't remember them being requested, like ever) for SSB4 I believe their chances have decreased to practically nothing. Priority will be given to keeping Lucario, adding a fifth gen (or whatever the newest gen is), and re-implementing Mewtwo (though not in that order). As for want, we already have an electric rodent, and a team character, so honestly there's nothing about their addition that would really appeal to me.

Want: 0.8
Likelihood: 0.5
(Giving Plusle and Minun the benefit of the doubt that they were Pra_Mai -- otherwise it would be 0)

Nomz:
x7 Krystal
x3 Roy
(Using my ten noms from predicting Tom Nook)

Predicting a 3.7 for Goroh

D

Deleted member

The cuteness of Plusle & Minun ultimately failed to appeal to the crowd. Despite one fan's rambling about how they were the greatest thing since slice bread, most of them felt as Plusle & Minun were not worthy of an addition.

Then jigglover, who was the one who obsessed over Plusle & Minun addition was shocked with a Thundershock, causing him to faint. The result was then revealed and it would have tore his heart out. Plusle & Minun did horribly with a 1.04 in likelihood. Want score was not much better as people did not feel as they made good additions nor did most people want them, giving them a 1.12 in want, the same as Habanero's want for Mewtwo. Opossum, given his straight accuracy, had won five more nominations.

The electric mouse duo were peeved at the news as the thought of them being unattractive to the crowd scathingly surprised them. Not having enough electricity for another move, they ran outside to the nearest exit.

But just as they were about to exit, they saw a race car that looked like a Jet Stingray. A few seconds later, it pummeled them straight back to the stadium, hitting the most distant corner and fainting. Goroh stopped near the platform and stood up in front of his crowd, running to the platform and being a show-off. He was excited for this day because he was looking forward to finally beating Captain Falcon at his own game and perhaps fighting would be that thing that would accomplish his dream of it.

Day Sixteen has began! Today, you are rating Samurai Goroh and predicting what Lloyd Irving gets tomorrow. Day ends at 10:38 PM CST

D

Deleted member

I've said most of what I would've said in Goroh's thread.
Goroh is kind of the fortrunner for ATs, if that means anything.

Yes, I know the Nintendog was the first revealed one (before we knew it was an AT), but Goroh comes first in the trophy section for them (if I recall correctly), and was the first AT update not including the general item update.

And while Black Shadow does have more popularity in Japan and is memetic alongside Falcon himself, I will have to concede that Sakurai seems to see Goroh as more of a contender, given his appearance in Melee's opening and Assist status.
I honestly don't think the series being "dead" is going to affect it too much; if Sakurai didn't find a F-Zero character other than Falcon needed, then another game probably wouldn't change that either way. But of course, we don't know what he thinks.

So long story short, he has one of the biggest shots to turn from AT to playable character, but it all depends if Sakurai finds another F-Zero characer needed.
So,
Want: 3.5
I kind of want him, but I'd like to see Black Shadow more. However, I'm not opposed to Goroh.
Likelihood: 2.5
Middle ground here for what I had said before; it all depends on whether Sakurai finds a 2nd F-Zero character necessary or not, and we cannot determine that at this time.

EDIT: Also, WHAR is Anna's flavor?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
want? something like 2. Not too excited about him

however, I understand his popularity and high chances. I'll give him a 4 in expected.

as for zoroark, I'm predicting a 4.12

5x votes for funky kong :D

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the only thing keeping Goroh from being playable is the lack of recent F-Zero games (and I guess the small possibility of Black Shadow getting in over him). He has enough popularity, importance to his series, and unique moveset potential, but his series dormancy is definitely a hurdle for him, although not a huge one. If there is a new F-Zero in development and Sakurai knows about it, I'd say his chances were near guarantee, but unfortunately that's just a hypothetical situation as far as we know.

Want: 3 (He's not my favorite SSB4 candidate, but I'd sure take him over Black Shadow)
Likelihood: 3.6

Nomz:
x5 Krystal

As for Lloyd, I'm predicting a 0.6 because people will think him being Namco is reason to give him good likelihood scores, and the people with sense will give him close to zero. :p

@samusrules
The prediction is for Lloyd, Zoroark will probably be the day after.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 4
Likelihood: 3

This is a guy I feel has the potential to become an intriguing newcomer, possibly making use of electric stingray attacks in combination with reckless maneuvers. As Golden's post states, he's clearly second in line in terms of the F-Zero franchise; do not let trivial arguments about his joke-like nature in the anime distract you from the attention he's been given in Smash thus far. I can't imagine Black Shadow becoming playable over him in any case.

If it weren't for the dead nature of his series, he'd be a much more likely inclusion. Yes, F-Zero is very much dead at this point; the series abruptly stopped after GX for little reason whatsoever when it could have easily been continued. The bigwigs developing the abomination known as Nintendo Land have discussed "reviving" F-Zero through said abomination, and made a comment about how the fans still want more. Though I do not have the interview on hand (it's somewhere on DKVine, I know), this seems to indicate that Nintendo perceives this cameo appearance to be a satisfactory representation of the franchise. Miyamoto also commented on not having any F-Zero plans for the Wii U, if I remember correctly. Ordinarily, relevance would not be an issue whatsoever, but considering F-Zero was already in the toilet during Brawl's development and -nothing- has changed since then, it makes one wonder how much of a priority it is currently perceived to be for the company.

Regardless of this, the small newcomer pool could still result in Samurai Goroh becoming playable. I do worry that Sakurai will want to promote Falcon as the heroic, memetic lone representative of his franchise (most people know him from Smash, rather than F-Zero, and a newcomer would trespass on what may be regarded as his territory). But as of this point, Sakurai has given us -some- indication that he sees Goroh as the important character he (kind of) is: "He stands at last on the battlefield of Smash." Only time will tell whether or not he will do so in playable form.

Nominating Little Mac x3, Bowser Jr. and Dixie x1.

Predicting a 0.77 for Lloyd, and only that high because of the dumb developer comments that have surfaced as of late.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Want: 3
I'd rather Black Shadow be added, assuming we only get one new F-Zero rep.
Likelihood: 4
Having appeared as an Assist Trophy, he's probably the only F-Zero character other than Falcon that most people have heard of, which make him the default choice.

Nominations:
Dixie Kong x5

D

Deleted member

@GoldenYuiitusin: It's back at #621. Just added it in.

Anyway...

Samurai Goroh

I feel as we are due for a second F-zero rep and I think Samurai Goroh is the best choice for a new rep and definitely the most likely rep.

Samurai Goroh is a big part of F-zero. He's been Captain Falcon's rival ever since the beginning and has been highly requested to be in a Smash game ever since Melee and it has remained to this day, so he has the advantage of being requested for a very long time.

What's also good is that unlike Black Shadow, most people legitimately want Samurai Goroh in the game. By that I mean they don't just want a Ganondorf Clone but retooled as a F-zero character, they legitimately want to see Samurai Goroh in Smash because of his character and what he can bring to the game (which can only be said for a few Black Shadow supporters).

I feel as if there is a F-zero rep, it will almost certainly be Samurai Goroh and I think there's a good chance of the franchise getting another rep. So I give him a 3.5 in likelihood.

As for want? He would be awesome to see in Smash. I am down for more mostly imaginative play styles as it is where Sakurai's creativity in regards to characters move sets shine the most and I think Samurai Goroh can easily be made into someone unique and enjoyable. He gets a 4.5 in want.

I predict that Lloyd will get a 1.79 in likelihood. Prediction would be higher due to the recent news in regards to Tales director wanting a character in Smash, but I trust this community to not act like this means anything (barring the few active Lloyd supporters that are left).

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Samurai Goroh:
Want- 4.5
Likelihood- 3.8

This guy is a beast. He's probably the most reasonable F-Zero choice at this point, and he's the one who most people support because they actually like him, not because he could be a substitute to Ganondorf.
Though, the problem is, while alot of F-Zero fans want him and Black Shadow to be added (including me), the thing that stands in their way is, of course, Sakurai himself.
We will have to wait and see what Sakurai thinks about him.

Nominations
Waluigi x3
Roy x2

Prediction for Lloyd- 1

(Edit: Dammit, SSBF, I wanted to take the first post on the 45th page!)

D

Deleted member

Using a 40 per page system so I didn't notice (which btw, I recommend to everyone.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Want: 4.00
Likelihood: 3.40

I will say that the main contributing factor going for Goroh is his rivalry with Captain Falcon. In canon Goroh is always trying to best Captain Falcon ever since their Internova Police days, but is always getting defeated by Captain Falcon in some fashion. The rivalry can easily be translated into Super Smash Bros, between two F-Zero bounty hunters fighting to the death. It also kind of helps that the character pool is starting to become smaller, which puts him in a favorable position.

Nominations are Zoroark (x3) and Little Mac (x2)

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
want 4.5: love the n64 game and he was a cool character

likelyhood: seriously, even though it's a dead series F-Zero needs a second rep and he's the most likely one so 4.25

Llyod prediction: 1.75 don't know much about him

nominations: Mr. Stevenson x 5

wasn't it around the time of the anime that the f-zero series went dead

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 4.5
Likeliness: 3

x5 Little Mac

D

Deleted member

Also, since this is the first F-Zero day, here's a song from the first F-Zero:
Mute City
@BKupa666: The franchise last game was in October 21, 2004 with F-zero: Climax for the GBA. But yeah, since then, the franchise has been in hiatus. Which is too bad as the franchise deserves another game, given how influential it is.

Also, Miyamoto didn't state anything about having no plans for F-zero on the Wii-U, but that he was considering one. I'm hoping it comes through.

@---: Might want to explain your likelihood vote (unless of course you want to point to what's already been said).

@Jhonnykiller: Going to add it now. F-zero has some really good music.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like Samurai Goroh but I prefer Black Shadow overall. However, I wouldn't be disappointed if he got in or not since I would prefer a new F-Zero rep than none. Samurai Goroh has a fairly large fan following and is iconical both in Nintendo and his own series, F-Zero. As well, he is seen as the self-appointed rival of Captain Falcon and isn't exactly a villain. He could have a fairly interesting play style based on wild, unpredictable katana swings.

Samurai Goroh;

Want: 3
Likeliness; 3.8

Lloyds Prediction: 3.25

All 3's!!

Nominations:

M. Bison x2
Black Shadow x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Skull Kid x1

All villains!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF: What other people said then. Plus this.

Not really in the mood to dig into any F-Zero as a whole series arguments right now.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Yoshi approves of the Samurai. Want him in and I feel he'll be added in.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Yoshi approves of the Samurai. Want him in and I feel he'll be added in.

:phone:
Okay then, make sure to rate him on a likelihood and want from 0 to 5 with decimal up to the hundredth. You can also predict who tomorrow's candidate will get tomorrow in likelihood as well as nominate five times for any eligible characters.

Just make sure to read the OP.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Found Miyamoto's quote, and am still searching for the Nintendo Land one. It appears that a game is not being made nor considered as of now, but that he acknowledges the possibility that it could be revived (the smaller title remark makes one wonder whether he's counting the Nintendo Land cameo, but I digress).

Miyamoto said:
"...Maybe with future hardware, with Wii U coming up, maybe we could create something that does make sense, either as a smaller game, or a fully fledged title."

D

Deleted member

@BKupa666: I doubt that Nintendo Land would count as a "revival" to him, given that it was almost certainly in development when he said that.

Also, that quote seems like he's considering it. Not top priority of course, but something he's willing to consider down the line.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Samurai Goroh alright F-Zero! Great franchise. Problem is its been a while since their last game. This being said it reduces his chances.
want: 4 I would love playing as this guy
likeliness: 2.9 Like I said they haven't had a game in recent times so the franchise is in decline. If we get word of a game of F-zero that has Goroh in change that likeliness to a 4, but until then 2.9

Lloyd Prediction: as SSBF mentioned tales directior is pushing for a tales rep in smash. While this is cool and everything it really doesn't mean a whole lot because Sakurai's word is final. I could sit and here and talk about ToS and its gamecube relationship but nobody would read/care for it.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Then jigglover, who was the one who obsessed over Plusle & Minun addition was shocked with a Thundershock, causing him to faint.

Yay! Plusle and Minun gave me a stroke!

Anyway, Samurai Goroh I really don't want, but I do kind of feel like F-Zero deserves another rep, so I'm giving him a 0.5 for want.
In regards to likeliness, I'd say that in Sakurai's eyes, he's practically shoo-in, if he's not in SSB4, then it's pretty much definite than he'll be in 5, but I'm giving him a 4.21 in likelihood.

I just looked up Lloyd Irving. This is probably for tomorrow but he's been voted 5th most popular tales character if it helps. Anyway, giving him a 2.03

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Samurai Goroh's likelihood I put at around the 3.5 level. Being one of Captain Falcon's greatest rivals, it would be nice to see what he can pull off in a fight.

Nominations
1: Zoroark
2: Dixie Kong
3: Saki
4: Rosalina
5: Black Shadow

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Thank you for answering. I asked because I find that voting for a character that I don't know little to anything about, or characters that I don't really care about, to not be very fun. But at the same time I don't want to waste a day of nominations or miss making a prediction.
Want: 3.7
He's a character that I would rather he be in, but I wouldn't throw a tantrum if he wasn't. He was one of the original characters in F-Zero and is Captain Falcon's rival, so if F-Zero were to get a second rep, I think he would be the first choice. The main thing going against him is if we don't get a new F-Zero rep, which is definitely very possible. Likeliness: 3.8

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Samarui Goroh

Want: 3.5 (I think F-Zero needs another rep. It has just as many games as Star Fox and it has 3 or 4)
Likeliness: 4

Nominations
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
Pokemon Trainer
Little Mac
Princess Daisy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom