• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

ROB x5

Voting & Discussing

Lloyd Irving

Personal Bias: 3.85
Likelihood: 0.85

Lloyd Irving is one of the most recognizable characters of the Tales series. Tales of Symphonia was released back in 2003 on the GameCube; it was a fantastic game & one of the best RPGs of its time. The game received a sequel, Dawn of the New World, for the Wii in 2008 starring different protagonists.

I would enjoy the addition of Lloyd in Smash, but I don't think he will be in another crossover outside of the Tales series. With that said, I do believe a Tales Namco character is pretty possible; it would be even more likely if a future Tales game is released internationally for a Nintendo console. The Tales producer likes the idea, he may come forward & discuss it with Sakurai.

Prediction

Little Mac: 3.58

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I put Lloyd's likelihood at around 1. I'm not all that familiar with his franchise, so I wouldn't really know.

Nominations
1: Black Shadow
2: Zoroark
3: Rosalina
4: Saki
5: Bowser Jr.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I don't know anything about him or his series, so I can't do a likelyhood/want.

Little Mac Prediction: 4.25

nominations: Ness x5 (I'll wait for more Mr. Stevenson support)

D

Deleted member

Please update soon because I am going to start work on this day soon. If this post is not updated with reasons for your vote, I have to discount it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I would enjoy the addition of Lloyd in Smash, but I don't think he will be in another crossover outside of the Tales series. Tales of Graces was release on the Wii in 2009 & I believe the protagonist, Asbel Lhant, will take priority over Lloyd. I know nothing of Tales of Graces so I'm not gonna discuss it any further. With that said, I do believe a Tales Namco character is pretty possible. Since the Tales producer likes the idea he may come forward & discuss it with Sakurai.
ToG has only been released abroad on the PS3, so I don't think any character from that game will take priority. ToS is the most popular game in the series(in terms of sales), so I think ToS takes priority over any of the other games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I give Lloyed a 1 in want, and a 3 in liklihood.

I would NORMALLY give him less than that, but rumors state Namco want to add a Tales character. Lloyed may not be the most popular, but he's the only one I've heard of.

Nominate Sukapon x5

I give Little Mac a 3

D

Deleted member

ZeldaMaster_1 and Mario_and_Sonic_Guy, your likelihood votes were not counted. ZeldaMaster_1, please explain your likelihood vote in at least some way in order for it to be counted, you must explain it as stated in the OP. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy, I didn't count your vote because as you said, you did not feel you would know how to rate his odds, so I decided to not use it.

Anyway.

Lloyd Irving's entrance caused much commotion. It was a feast to the eyes, new third-party characters that people could not resist having. This was something that this community wanted and yet they didn't like this guy.

The crowd, despite Lloyd's impressive set of moves, booed him all day because of how unwanted he was. He was declared unfitting for Smash and not suited for it, AKA, not the best choice in many eyes.

When the voting was finished, Lloyd's score made him one unhappy camper. He had received a gag-worthy 0.97 in likelihood, which was not a great start. His want score was also poor, finishing off at a 1.59. He slowly but surely walked away from the stadium, feeling defeat with much sorrow in his heart. One of his detractors, Jhonnykiller45, Falcon Punch'd him out the door and stole his five extra nominations.

The next day arrived and it lit up the whole stadium. Little Mac had finally joined the ring, with his fast-pace boxing experience he had been building up very quickly. Fans were all over him and interviewers asked Little Mac many questions that were irrelevant. Astro then told everyone to leave to decide Little Mac's score so voting could began.

Every interviewer left the stadium while the fans were directed to the deck of the stadium. They were a very interesting bunch and would get on the long-time viewers last nerve.

Day Eighteen has began! Little Mac is up for rating today with Zoroark being up for prediction. Day ends tomorrow at 11:35 PM CST.

EDIT: Psycho voted, need to adjust likelihood and want score. Thank god I didn't announcer the winner yet, so be patience. You may, however, continue as normal otherwise.

EDIT 2: Score adjusted according to last vote. Jhonnykiller45 is the winner of the prediction and gets five more nominations.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
ToG has only been released abroad on the PS3, so I don't think any character from that game will take priority. ToS is the most popular game in the series(in terms of sales), so I think ToS takes priority over any of the other games.
Mistake fixed. Wikipedia gave me wrong info.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I am going to give Little Mac a 1 in Want. While I do like the character and he his highly deserving, I don't find him an interesting choice in the slightest. Just feels so bland to me that I would prefer if he did not show up.

He does have a decent chance thought, although not the shoe-in people make him out to be. I'll explain this tomorrow since I'm tired, so I'll just give him a 3.5 in likelihood.

I nominate Ghirahim, Mega Man, Mii, Lucario, and Geno.

My prediction for Zoroark is a 3.91. I like him and think he has a chance, but I think people are going to seriously overplay his odds.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Little Mac? Nice.

He was always one of my most wanted characters. Want: 5

Now for likelihood. He's filled with Nintendo history, has quite a fan following, and can provide a unique boxing fighting style. He's already a seasoned fighter. Heck, he even got a new game after many years. Honestly, out of all the new series that can possibly be represented, he's the one I'm most sure on. I'd be willing to bet some money, even, which is rare for me. That being said, I give him a 4.8 in likelihood.

Predicting a 3.6 for Zoroark.

Nominations: Krom x 3, Toad, Ghirahim

D

Deleted member

Little Mac:
Want: 4
I've played Punch-Out for the Wii, so I have more of a connection to him.

Likelihood: 2.5
Middle ground here.
"But, Mac is a shoo-in!" No he's not.
For one thing, he is very limited in his moves, in that they are pretty much all punches. Now, this honestly wouldn't be a problem, as shown with other fighting games such as Street Fighter with Balrog and Dudley, but Sakurai has denied a character for not having much to go with to make him interesting (. Sure, Mac could work and fit in, but interesting, he probably would be lacking in that department.
For another, he has limited popularity in Japan, whereas most of his support comes from the States. While it's not grounds for disqualification, it certainly doesn't help him.

While he makes the most sense to fans, you have to see it how Sakurai would.
He certainly has his chances. But it's not near inevitible like people assume. It could honestly go either way. 50/50.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm giving little mac a 4 in want, and a 3 in likelihood.

I got some real neat ideas for Little Mac. My favorite being the rocky style face bruises adding up over the match.

I give him a 3 because Sakurai and Miyamoto knew he was liked. Enough to revive punch out at least. Sakurai did feel Little Mac would be hard to make a move set for though.

I nominate Sukapon x3, and Mike Jones x2

I predict a 3.7 for Zozoark

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 5
Likeliness: 4.3

Meh, I think his simplicity his one of the best qualities about him. Also is the only character that I would ever contemplate about calling a Shoe-In, as crazy as that might sound coming from me, I honestly can't think of anything he really has majorily against him.

Interest is subjective (what he adds to the game is what counts), and Sakurai does look to West for characters (ex. Sonic, main reason as to why we think Ridley even has the chance he has).

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
want: 5. He's a worthy character and he can do things no one else in Smash does yet (A moveset entirely of punches).
Likely: 4.9: Another one of the "favorites" for SSB4, Mac is popular, appeared as an assist trophy, his series recently experienced a revival that was a success both financially and critically. Punch Out is also one of the iconic NES titles.

Nominate: Yoshimitsu x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ah, Little Mac.

This guy is the third of the three characters I believe are shoo-ins, the other two being K. Rool and Ridley. With Sakurai lamenting the absence of worthwhile new characters as of late and thus having to look back over older series for characters, I don't think he can ignore the revival of Punch Out, a rather beloved older series. Its content has models readily made, and if Brawl's trophies are any indication, he can port those over alongside Little Mac to add a new franchise into SSB4 rather seamlessly.

Japanese popularity shouldn't be used to deny Little Mac's likelihood, since Sakurai openly claimed he wanted to avoid catering solely to that region alone during Brawl's development. Heck, ChronoBound mentioned that the Japanese were making reference to how popular Little Mac was overseas. His fanbase here is quite powerful, enough so to make up for a possible lack of it elsewhere in my opinion.

Here is a moveset for Little Mac that, while rather prop-filled and over the top, should serve as proof that he can have an interesting moveset, especially if he brings in the ability to power up his punches by earning stars.

All in all, Little Mac is far and away the most likely new series character, and among the most likely in general as well. I give him a 5 in likelihood (this is allowed, right? If not, a 4.99 it is), along with a 4.5 in want. Though I may not play as him all that much, I think his moveset could be conceptually awesome with powering up Star Punches. I also look forward to what his series can bring, especially opponent boxer bosses, Doc conversations, and the shoo-in stage, The Ring.

Nominating Bowser Jr. x3, Dixie and King Boo x1.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Little Mac has a pretty good chance, but unlike some others, I don't believe he is a shoo-in. I think he's got more points in his favor than he has against him, which I why I think his inclusion is fairly likely, but stuff like having virtually no popularity in Japan is a deterrent, though not a very big one. His ridiculous NA popularity as well as his revival really are good points in his favor, plus being an AT helps too. I'm honestly most curious about how his moveset would turn out.

Want: 3 (He's not my favorite character, but finally seeing him playable in Smash would be nice)
Likelihood: 4.2

Nomz:
x3 Krystal
x2 Roy

Genericmartini

Smash Cadet
Little Mac has a fairly big shot since his return and I can't say that I'll be upset if he gets in. He's a fighter I've been demanding for the last few installments there's really no reason he shouldn't get in now. Moveset shouldn't be that hard they could pull the Lucas/Ness and add some moves from his fellow boxers. The only negative I can think of is if Sakurai doesn't consider Mac to have a viable moveset and doesn't consider using the other boxers as references

Want: 4.4(he's one of my personal favorites and I really want him to get in, but that feeling in my gut, that there's that small chances he won't get in.)
Likelihood: 4.0(have a really bad feeling that Sakurai won't use the other boxers but will still find a way to include him, hopefully)

Nominations:
Roy X3
Bowser Jr. X2

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac
Want- 3
Likelihood- 3.9

No offense to any of you Little Mac fans out there but, I honestly think people are overestimating his chances, kinda like the Ridley thing during Brawl.
I mean, the only thing that stands in his way is Sakurai himself and he hasn't really shown interest in Little Mac (and no, his Assist Trophy status does not mean anything.)
Though, I would be lying if I said I don't want him.

Nominations (I won![insert CD-i Link here])
Waluigi x3
Mach Rider x3
Roy x2
Ganondorf x2
Also, SSBF, I do believe that you forgot to add the Mute City song in the 'Music For All To Enjoy' list.

jigglover

Smash Lord
The problem I have with little mac, is that a main factor I thought was going for him would be that he would get revived (since I was unaware of the new punch-out on the wii). This being said, I think that having one game in the retro era, and just one in new, kind of lowers his chances, name one character in brawl like that, a revived retro that hasn't been revived by smash bros. in smash bros. hasn't happened yet, and I don't think it will for a while. I think that Little mac will certainly be in SSB5, pretty much no doubt about it, the the placement of his games currently, is not good for him. I give him a 3.42 in likelihood, and a 2 in want. I also don't like his persona which is in my personal bias.
Predict Zoroark for 3.68.
Nominate: Kamek x5

Edit: Just saw Jhonnykiller's post and forgot to put it in my own, if an assist trophy status boosts a character's chances of getting in, why isn't there even a support thread for a nintendog on here!? :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The problem I have with little mac, is that a main factor I thought was going for him would be that he would get revived (since I was unaware of the new punch-out on the wii). This being said, I think that having one game in the retro era, and just one in new, kind of lowers his chances, name one character in brawl like that, a revived retro that hasn't been revived by smash bros. in smash bros. hasn't happened yet, and I don't think it will for a while.
ROB. :awesome:

Are you trying to say that the fact that he got a new game hurts his chances? Because it does anything but that. Just because no character so far has such a large gap between appearances (even though you didn't mention the SNES Punch-Out) as Little Mac has, doesn't mean he won't get in. A new game only reinforces and adds popularity and relevance. As opposed to just being in some game that came out 20+ years ago, he's fresh in peoples' minds, and has alot of new fans now too.

Other than the fact that Smash hasn't really had a character that was revived outside of Smash (lol ROB doesn't count), there aren't any ways in which a new game would affect Little Mac negatively (plus being a revived character isn't a negative point anyway). The only thing I can think of is now he's gone from most popular retro character to most popular new series character.

And lastly, I very much doubt Sakurai judges characters based on them having large gaps in the middle of their game history, he judges them based mostly on popularity, importance and potential, all of which Little Mac has.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The problem I have with little mac, is that a main factor I thought was going for him would be that he would get revived (since I was unaware of the new punch-out on the wii). This being said, I think that having one game in the retro era, and just one in new, kind of lowers his chances, name one character in brawl like that, a revived retro that hasn't been revived by smash bros. in smash bros. hasn't happened yet, and I don't think it will for a while. I think that Little mac will certainly be in SSB5, pretty much no doubt about it, the the placement of his games currently, is not good for him. I give him a 3.42 in likelihood, and a 2 in want. I also don't like his persona which is in my personal bias.
Predict Zoroark for 3.68.
Nominate: Kamek x5

Edit: Just saw Jhonnykiller's post and forgot to put it in my own, if an assist trophy status boosts a character's chances of getting in, why isn't there even a support thread for a nintendog on here!? :troll:
Well, for one, Sakurai already said Nintendog will never fight in smash

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Alright, I'm going to try to do this correctly, following in line with what others are doing, anyway.

Likeliness: 3.75
Want: 2

I'm probably pretty biased since, as seen above, he's not my most desired character. As far as I can tell, Sakurai seemingly has reluctance to add characters from previously unrepresented franchises. Little Mac is probably one of the more likely characters as far as adding new series to the game is concerned, but realistically, there's been no indication that he has any better chance than other new characters. His previous game history helps him out, though, especially getting a series revival. I'd personally rather see other characters, but I think Little Mac would be pretty cool and wouldn't be disappointed having him.

I nominate Lyn (Fire Emblem) x5.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Little Mac.
Want = 5
Likelihood = 5

I think he is the most likely character to get in Smash. His series went through a revival in recent years. New Wii game. New WiiWare game for Club Nintendo members. NES game being the first non-Ambassador NES game to hit eShop. Very popular in North America in the late 80's and still is in the early 10's. A true Nintendo iconic character who definitely belongs in a crossover fighting game featuring Nintendo iconic characters. And it's not even counting his Assist Trophy status in Brawl and his potentially unique moveset.

I nominate Toad, Meowth, Tingle, King Hippo, and Duck Hunt Dog.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Poor Lloyd. Anyways, Mac

I loved Punch-Out(the wii game) and I think he would be really interesting to play as.
Likelihood: 3.5
I think that a lot of people tend to overstate his likelihood, especially since he isn't that popular in Japan. Still, him being an Assist Trophy helps his chances a bit.

Nominations:
Roy x5

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
owch some of you were rough on lloyd 0 likelihood? No faith in begging Sakurai I see lol. But at least hes more wanted then Plusle and Minun
Anyways thats old news, now we have the star that rose from the Bronx Little Mac! Little Mac is the main character of the punch out series and recently had a revival in Punch-Out!! on wii. I personally loved the game to death, but the only problem would be his move set. I feel he would be tough to make a moveset for, but none the less he is deserving.
3.2 in want
3 in likeliness.

Nominations
Paper Mario x5

D

Deleted member

Little Mac

Admittedly, he does have a couple of major issues. The first of which is his almost complete lack of Japanese support. Even Starfy and Isaac/Matthew get more. Second issue, and this is a big one, is that he can only punch.

Now a move set based off only punching can most definitely be done. The problem being is, Urban Champion was rejected because he couldn't punch, which gives Little Mac a large goal post to go through. So we can't say for sure that Sakurai will put in the effort to add him in.

That being said, he's certainly a possibility, given his strong popularity out in the West (very strong if I must add) and being important to Nintendo, having received a revival game. If Sakurai can look over him only being able to punch, it should be smooth sailing for him.

I give him a 3.5 in likelihood.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
With the whole, "he can only punch" thing, I think he is in a different situation than Urban Champion. Urban Champion was not nearly as well received and lacks the sheer fan support to get in. Not to mention Punch-Out!! has more source material to work with.

Plus, Marth only uses sword slashes, so using only punches shouldn't be a problem at all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Little Mac gets a 3.5 likelihood on my end. Although he would be a good candidate, the main thing that could work against him is his moveset capabilities.

Nominations
1: Bowser Jr.
2: Black Shadow
3: Rosalina
4: Saki
5: Bandanna Waddle Dee

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Want: 4, a cool character from a fun series

Likelyhood:4 A character with a little moveset is still better then a character with no moveset at all, for the fact that he is popular in the west, and his recent revival

Zoroak Prediction: 2.5

nominations Ness x 5

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I am going to give Little Mac a 1 in Want. While I do like the character and he his highly deserving, I don't find him an interesting choice in the slightest. Just feels so bland to me that I would prefer if he did not show up.
This is exactly how I feel, rating in all.
In likeliness I give him 3.8. He has two main hurdles that I see: his not-so-big support in Japan (this may not be as big an issue for characters this time around, but I still see it as a problem), and Sakurai himself. When I say that I mean that Sakurai may see Mac as not really being a very interesting in the moveset department. Sure, using mostly punching and maybe some kicks can lead to an interesting and unique moveset ( :dk2: but even his moveset isn't just those things) but Sakurai may not see this.

Prediction: 3.45

Nominations:
Toad x3
Bowsser Jr. x2

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Gonna give Little Mac a 4 for want
and a 3 in likelihood

He appeared in brawl as an assist character and even had a recent game on the wii.

Brawl Design on Left, Punchout Wii design in center, Giga Mac from wii game on the right, (Potential Final Smash?)

I've always wanted a boxer in smash bros, can't believe I totally ignored this guy! Nintendo's Boxing Mascot!

NOMINATIONS

Ness x5

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Want: 3.46
Likelihood: 3.22

I give Little Mac a slightly above average rating because, if I recall correctly, Sakurai is a bit of a fan of Punch-Out!!. I'm not sure where I heard this or if it's really true, but it might help out with the odds. I will say that aside from that, Little Mac does have the fan support to have an above average shot. But that Little Mac may be overlooked for moveset reasons, but at the same time it can work out.

For Zoroark, I predict a 3.88

Nominations are Roy (x3) and Sukapon (x2)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Want: 3.75
Likelihood: 4.25

Little Mac is quite frankly perfect for Smash Bros, and Sakurai seems to like him. His series parodies all kinds of different countries views on boxing, boxing styles, and whatnot. Little Mac could embody all of that as a playable smash bros. character. For anyone who knows anything about boxing and the vast amount of styles it has, there is quite a lot to work with; to put it simply, there are about a dozen styles of boxing "punches," and dozens of ways to break each of those punches down. I would love to see all of that implemented in smash bros. with the famous Nintendo underdog!

For Zoroark, I predict 3.5.

Nominations are: Ness (x5)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Little Mac seems highly probable to me personally. He is a classic Nintendo character that received a makeover as an AT in Brawl and then had a reboot of one of his games. Little Mac can also have a fairly unique and boxing oriented style that revolves around dealing up close, fast but strong attacks. The only things I see against Little Mac's odds is if they don't make a new title during or slightly after Smash 4's release. However, Punch-Out!! Wii was fairly popular, sold well, and was a successful reboot of the Punch-Out!! franchise so, logically speaking, Nintendo should start developing a sequel.

As well, the Punch-Out!! franchise has less material to put into Smash 4 than other titles such as Golden Sun and Xenoblade. With Punch-Out!!, we would get a stage, maybe an AT, maybe stickers, trophies, and music. I don't think there would be any items from the franchise. Most of the content in the Punch-Out!! franchise is Little Mac, the opponents, and the ring. But than again, we have R.O.B. so the lack of franchise content is a weak and invalid argument.

jigglover said:
Diddy Kong was the first Western character to be included in Smash 4 while the rest were Japanese characters. Marth, Lucas, and Roy were originally Japanese only characters. What's to stop a revived classic character to get in? That just increases his uniqueness. As well, Little Mac was technically revived by Brawl from his AT form.

For Little Mac;

Likeliness; 3.45

Zoroark's Prediction: 3.8

Nominations:

Dixie Kong x2
M. Bison x1
Saki x1
Skull Kid x1

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As far as items, Venus, Headgear and chocolate bars could work, or Aran Ryan's glove on a rope.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

IceClimbers x3
ROB x2

Voting & Discussing

Little Mac

Personal Bias: 3.25
Likelihood: 4.3

Little Mac, too me, is one of those obvious characters that will be promoted to playability. He was a popular choice pre-Brawl & now he is demanded more than ever. Brawl revived Little Mac which prompted the revival of his series, Punch Out!!. He is no longer just another retro character; he's a worthy Nintendo mascot.

As a fighter, I see Little Mac as a combo demon; fast punches followed by a strong finisher. Little Mac will be very deadly at close range. I would like it if his neutral attacks would be almost lagless so that specials could flow easily for a strong ending blow. Since he is "little" I would think he would be a lightweight character with average or less-than average dash speed. Little Mac's boxing style is too unique to pass up this time. A creative, fun moveset can be made for any character with enough dedication.

Prediction

Zoroark: 3.33

D

Deleted member

Not sure why you care if you don't even care about this game in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom