• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
While zoroark does have some competition the general feeling is that she/he/it will most likely get in as the
5th gen rep.
Want: 3
Likelihood:3.8

Ness...really. I can't believe we are even discussing this. 4.77
Noms: Ray MK x1, Bowser jr. x2, Skull kid x2

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I give Zoroark a likelihood rating of 4. Of all the potential newcomers for the Pokemon franchise, Zoroark is more likely to represent the 5th generation Pokemon than the other suggestions.

Nominations
1: Black Shadow
2: Rosalina
3: Leon Powalski
4: Bowser Jr.
5: Saki

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
@Smash Fan
It was never directly stated, but I find it fairly obvious. The anime is moving fairly quickly, they revealed Genesect a lot more quickly than most thought they would (only a couple months after Meloette), and Black and White 2 are getting international releases MUCH earlier than any other Pokemon game(s) before them.

D

Deleted member

The first Pokemon debate over the latest gen turned out to go really well. It produced many good arguments on both sides; the side of the ones who expected him and the one who doubted him.

The Illusion ability amazed many and it helped boost it's likelihood to that of a decent 3.29. However, the Illusion ability could not save it's want ratings, which was a relatively weak 2.52, disappointing him and having him yearn for better acceptance within the community. Nevertheless, it walked away determined to prove it's worth, but before it left, it turned into the same boy again that it did for that was the one going up today. MelMoe was very proud to have been right that day, so he earned a total of five more nominations.

Ness was walking to the stadium, being the first of the Original Twelve to go up. As he walked to the entrance, he saw a copy of himself. That copy then revealed himself to be Zoroark. Ness, confused, continued to walk but looked behind at that mysterious Pokemon known as Zoroark.

The fans cheered for Ness's return. They were hoping that Ness would return and were prepared to stand against any potential detractor.

Day Twenty has began! Rate Ness's score today and predict how Roy does tomorrow. Day ends at early in the morning on August 12th, 2012.

D

Deleted member

5 for want. No Ness, no buy.

5 for likelihood as well. There's no reason to remove Ness whatsoever. If he can get through Melee despite being planned to be replaced, what's going to stop him now?

...let's get this day over with so we can move on to more interesting candidates (and by interesting, I mean ones who's inclusion aren't totally obvious that only those in denial will deny inclusion of).

Predicting a 2.96 for Roy.

Nominate Mega Man, Ghirahim, Mii, Lucario, and Mach Rider.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not sure why we're even voting on Ness. I mean, I guess for Brawl after Lucas was revealed it was debatable, but now he isn't going anywhere. I really don't have that much to say, at this point in the series he's a lock.

Want: 5 (he's not my favorite character, but now Smash would feel emptier with his absence)

Likelihood: 5 (really, why are we voting?)

Nomz:
x5 Krystal

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ness

Want: 5, Likelihood: 5

It's Ness. Need I say more?

Nominate: Sukapon x3, Mike Jones x2

Predict Roy: 3

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 5
Likeliness: 5

x5 Saki

D

Deleted member

N3ON said:
Likelihood: 5 (really, why are we voting?)
Because unfortunately, there are people who feel as Ness is, not so guarantee. Might as well let them explain their position (and then refute what little argument they have). That is, if any show up.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Because unfortunately, there are people who feel as Ness is, not so guarantee. Might as well let them explain their position (and then refute what little argument they have). That is, if any show up.
lol I know, it was more rhetorical disbelief that people would think that, but I am interested in hearing peoples' defense against his inclusion.

Also I forgot my Roy prediction. I'll go with 2.8.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ness is guaranteed to appear, why are we even bothering to vote for someone so obvious?

Want: 3.98
Likelihood: 5.00

Nominations are Sukapon (x3), and Toad (2x)

D

Deleted member

Ness:
Solely because he's a veteran. I don't care much about him personally, but I am completely against cuts.
Likelihood: 5
Planned to be replaced in Melee, but stayed, and his intended replacement made it into Brawl.....with Ness still sticking around. He's not going anywhere.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

If he's survived this long, then I see no reason for him to leave now. The ONLY question I have regarding the Mother series is whether SSB4 will have a good stage not named New Pork City.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Winner!

Nominations

IceClimbers x10

Voting & Discussing

Ness

Personal Bias: 4.8

The only thing I dislike about Ness is that his final smash isn't PSI Rockin because it was his strongest PSI. However, it is understandable that he gained other characters PSI attacks since he was a healer in EarthBound.

Ness isn't going anywhere. EarthBound was released outside of Japan, plus Ness is more recognizable thanks to his appearance in 3 Smash games. It still irks me why Lucas was considered to replace him. I will be angry if he is cut in favor of a Japan-exclusive.

Prediction

Roy: 3.68

:phone:

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Hes one of the originals and the real surprise character in the original. Keep him in!

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Can't wait to see the opposing side's argument.

Want: 5.0
Just like any of the characters from Smash64, I would hate to see him leave. He's grown on me.
Blah blah blah, almost replaced twice but wasn't blah blah blah. Been there since the beginning, etc. Likeliness: 5.9001
And what Starphoenix said. Yeah, want that.
Prediction: 3.24

Nominations:
Toad x3
Bowser Jr x2

jigglover

Smash Lord
lol I know, it was more rhetorical disbelief that people would think that, but I am interested in hearing peoples' defense against his inclusion.
I think the arguments they will make would be that mother is a dead series. Oh no, argument.

Anyway...
4.5 for want (I don't really like the character or his personality, but smash would feel strange without him.)
Likelihood: 5 (I wonder why..?)

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Likelyhood and want are both 5's for me. There's no way Ness is going to leave, and there's no way I'd want him to. Regardless of how rarely I play as him, he's O12, he's grown on me like no other, and I'd be heartbroken if he got removed.

Predicting that Roy gets a 3.49. I feel he's more likely than not, but he's got his detractors, so eh.

5 nominations for Medusa

Also, SSBF, back on Lloyd day, did you skip over my 5 Medusa nominations on accident? Because before Lloyd day, Medusa already had 18 nominations, and she still has 18 now :S

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ness, not gonna happen.

Want: 0

Likeliness: 0

Playing devils advocate. I give Ness a 5 in Likeliness and a 4 in want. While Ness is the o one of the original 12, I'd rather have Lucas and the Masked Man playable instead but that's just personal bias.
Roy's Prediction Score: 3.1

Nominations:

Megaman x2
Hoenn Trainer x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Sheriff x1

jigglover

Smash Lord
Venus, you better hope that SSBF looks at the black in your post.
SSBF, can we please just get onto Roy (from FE I'm guessing). No one has replied for over two hours since I posted this, and Ness is sure-fire.

Nominations: Mario x5.

yani

Smash Lord
Ness

The only American Mother kid is bound to make a return.
Sorry.. I had to.

Sonic x 5

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Dakota Bones

When scrolling through the comments, your icon looks very similar to star phoenix's. Thought it's obvious when seen directly.

I thought star had a split personality where he both loved and hated zozoark
I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that...
F#$% I thought the same thing! Gonna change my avatar.

Anyway onto discussing Ness.

It's odd that he ever appeared in Smash Bros at all. He only appears in one title (Earthbound), which boasted an awful turn based combat system. (Nothing wrong with turn based combat but...play Earthbound and compare it to Pokemon) However this game, like apparently everything else Nintendo makes, was just FUN. Also you could beat animals to death with a baseball bat. An odd choice of spending gameplay, but an entertaining one. Also "nobody" in the west ever heard of the series until Ness made an appearance in smash bros. To be fair though it's for the most part a japan only series. Ness's inclusion was probably a result of the games being produced by Shigeru Miyamoto.

The only thing against Ness is that he hasn't appeared in ANY recent games. But Smash Bros is allabout retro characters duking it out, so the point is moot. Personally I like Ness's character, and his stages have cool designs, and his moveset is cool, and he's appeared in every smash bros to date.

But for the love of god, if you're gonna bring New Pork city back, let us actually fight IN the city!

NOMINATIONS
Megaman x5

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I really like Ness, but I personally would prefer if they cut him for Claus/Masked Man, as I think the relationship between the two characters is far more interesting than having the two unrelated characters.

Want: 4.00
Likeliness: 4.25

I do feel that if they decide to make serious roster cuts and it goes into characters who have been in since the original, that Ness, along with Jigglypuff are the likely ones... with no one else being likely to get cut from that game, really. That said, I don't think they'll actually cut any of those characters.

Nominations: Lyndis x5

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ness is pretty much a perfect 5 on the likelihood scale. Any character who has been playable in Super Smash Bros. is more than likely to be coming back, or at least that's what the routine has been like.

Nominations
1: Bowser Jr.
2: Bandanna Waddle Dee
3: Rosalina
4: Black Shadow
5: Dixie Kong

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Want: 4.5
Really like Earthbound. He's not my favorite character, but he's still fun to use.
He'll be grandfathered in. None of this "irrelevancy" BS.

Roy? I predict a 4

Nominations:
x5 Saki

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
For Ness:

Want: 3.0 - I never cared to use Ness, to be honest. I like Ness, don't get me wrong, but I really feel indifferent about him in Smash Bros.

Likelihood: 5 -
My prediction for Ness is 5. The reason I say this is because Ness has appeared in the original Smash 64. In Melee, there were talks about replacing him with Lucas, but instead, they kept Ness and cut the Lucas idea since Mother 3 was being pushed back at the time. Then Brawl came out, and not only did Lucas appear, but Ness also reprised his role as a playable character. The fact that all other Smash 64 veterans appeared alongside Ness in both Melee and Brawl has me convinced that in all subsequent Smash Bros. games, all of the original 12 Smash 64 fighters (Ness included) will be made playable. Honestly, I'd be shocked if Ness isn't made playable in Smash 4.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ness. Yes. Easy day.

Original 12, survived this long, still pretty popular.

Nominatons: x5 Toad

Prediction for Roy: 3.79

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Ness:
Want- 4
Likelihood- 4.5
Look, people, Ness isn't going anywhere.
Not only is he the only MOTHER character to come to the US, but he's also one of the original 12, and I don't see any of those characters being cut any time soon.

Nominations
Ganondorf x3
Black Shadow
Waluigi

Prediction for Roy- 4.5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, and predicting a 3.79 for Roy.

I'll edit it into my previous post as well.

EDIT: Jhonny, if you think he's a lock, why not give him a five?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 4

Why is this even a question? Ness should have been on the list of veterans locked into their slots, since there is no scenario where he gets cut for SSB4. Some people will surely claim that he was going to be cut for Lucas in Melee, and they wouldn't be wrong, but that has no impact on his chances now. Reading through the coding for Brawl, Ness was always planned to be included there, and as a three game veteran, he'll stay over Lucas if, for any reason, a Mother character is cut.

I don't play as Ness all that often, and can't really see that changing, but to suggest he even has a sliver of a chance to be removed is utter foolishness.

Nominate Bowser Jr. x3, Dixie x2.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Likelyhood: 5. He is of the original 12. Of them only Jigglypuff (and that is debatable) isn't a lock. Ness remains popular too.
Want:: 5. Ness! Ness! Ness!

Nominate Yoshimitsu x5

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ness

I dunno why I'm rating one of the fave characters I use in Smash Bros here. Ness had been threatened to be cut TWICE, yet he came back. He's also the only well-known cult milestone of Mother-series's outerseas localisation and is part of the Original 12. I don't see why he should be cut at all since he and Lucas were all well to be in the same game.

Likelyhood: 4.9.

Predicting Roy to get 3.4

Noms:

Lip x4

Dixie Kong x1

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885