• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
want: 1. Eh
Likelyhood: 1.5: He has been absent from more and more games lately (and wasn't in all that many to start with.), with his last appearance in a non-spinoff having him as just one among his siblings, I doubt Smash will be his turn around.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bowser Jr., huh?

Want: 3

I do like the character. He could be really fun, but I personally prefer Toad.

Likelihood: 2.5

Middle ground. I find a Mario spot to be pretty exclusive. Out of the Mario characters (barring DK, Yoshi, and Wario ones) I find Jr. and Toad to be the most likely due to their importance to the series. While Bowser Jr. can easily be made unique, Sakurai may only see him as a last minute semi clone. This isn't really a problem, but I feel that Toad would be more likely to get a unique moveset. And since Sakurai likes uniqueness, I think Toad may have the upper hand, especially due to his longtime importance to the series.

Prediction for Krystal: 2.8

My Slip Streak is up? Nice. Nominating Krom x10

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bowser Jr., Bowser Jr., BOWSER JR! The character himself is a loaded controversy waiting to be explored!

My opinion of Bowser Jr.: In Super Mario Sunshine, I thought he ranged from fairly good to fairly bad. He wasn't exactly special. Pre-Brawl, the idea of him relying on Shadow Mario kept myself and most everyone away from him. Now, with Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and the NEW Super Mario Bros. series appearances by Bowser Jr., he is his "own character." Not just that, but he has become an enjoyable character with a great, fitting, and engaging role in those games.

Thankfully, the evolution of Bowser J.r in Mario games includes the end of the Shadow Mario transformation (with Bowser Jr.), which ends the discussion of Bowser Jr. potentially being able to transform into Shadow Mario in Smash Bros.

Now, let it be known, I like Bowser Jr. I think he's a fun character, with a lot of moveset potential. However, despite all that, I can't easily imagine a moveset idea. Sure, you could come up with a few moves easily, but most movesets you could think of him would either require a lot of thinking, original moves that Bowser Jr. has never used before, gimmicks, or borrowed moves. I tend to like the idea of Bowser Jr. borrowing moves from Bowser, which I think would be the direction Sakurai and co. would go with Bowser Jr. if he was playable in smash bros. However, that doesn't mean he'd be a "clone," but rather, could play similarly. Ike (compared to Marth) and Lucas (compared to Ness) are good examples of this.

Despite this being my idea of where Bowser Jr. not just should but will get his start from, I think this is where the issue begins. Bowser Jr. would have to borrow from Bowser, but Bowser is... well... a work in progress (compared to Marth and Ness). Bowser would need to be "fixed" before his son is added, given how much fixing Bowser requires. So I think ultimately, that will keep Bowser Jr. out of the Smash WiiU roster, along with my feeling that Sakurai will want more original, popular, and unique characters added in beforehand.

Want: 2.35.
Likelihood: 1.76.
My prediction for Krystal is 1.4.
I nominate Mega Man (x5).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bowser Jr.'s likelihood, I place at around 3.5. He has had a fair amount of mainstream appearances, and has become a staple to the Mario Universe. Of course, his exclusion from Super Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros. 2 may sound rather inconvenient. Regardless of his situation though, Bowser Jr. is one of the few best Mario newcomer inputs to consider.

Nominations
1: Black Shadow
2: Rosalina
3: Ray Mk III
4: Dixie Kong
5: Saki

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Bowser Jr.

Want: 1
We don't need any new Mario characters. Sakurai should focus on adding characters for under represented series or series that aren't repped at all. If we were to get one, he'd probably be my #2 choice after someone from Paper Mario or one of the Mario & Luigi games.

Likelihood: 2
Even if we did get another Mario slot, Bowser Jr. would face steep competition. He would have to compete with Waluigi, Toad, and possibly characters from spinoffs like the Yoshi series and Wario Land/Ware games. He also maintains a sizable hatedom due to him being perceived as "replacing" the Koopalings before they returned in NSMBW, and many people would probably perceive him as a Bowser clone. So I don't think he's terribly likely.

Prediction: 2 for Krystal.
Nominations: x5 for Saki

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Likeliness: 3.25

He's not my most wanted Mario newcomer, but I would like to see him and wouldn't be completely unhappy if he got in before any others that I wanted. I think it would be interesting to add more villain characters, in all honesty.

Predicting Mario characters can be a pain in the butt because there's so many candidates and possibly not even any spots to add them. I do feel like after Brawl the Mario roster feels old and could use a breath of fresh air (with a new character addition).

I predict Krystal at 3.15.

I nominate Lyndis x5.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Judging by Brawl, Sakurai's idea of original isn't exactly what most of us would like to imagine. We still have conceptual clones and virtually identical Final Smashes that he seems to enjoy just fine.

Though this applies to Jr., I imagine it might come up tomorrow as well; most people thought Krystal would become playable over Wolf because of how original she (apparently) is.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
want: 4.7
likelihood: 2.9
There's no doubt he could be easily integrated into Smash. The main problem I see is his competition. This year he's competing with Waluigi, Paper Mario and Toad. Even if he's a clone he still has about the same chance seeing as we've had several characters in the past be clones.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ahhhhh. Bowser Jr. He is my most wanted Mario newcomer and, in my opinion, trumps Toad, Daisy, Birdo, Waluigi, and Rosalina. Reasons I think why:

1) He could have a lighter heavy weight status with a small body frame. This would allow Bowser Jr. to be a rather hard to hit due to his small size and hard to KO due to his weight.

2) Bowser Jr. could have a unique moveset even without the Shadow Mario transformation. He could have a unique move set centered around his paintbrush, gadgets, modified Bowser moves, or completely new moves. If, for some odd reason, you are attached to Shadow Mario; Bowser Jr. could have a Down B Shadow Copy move where he becomes a shadowy version of thr character he hits with the attack. It could greatly diversify Bowser Jr.'s playstyle. However, this isn't exactly needed and might be a little difficult to implement. As well, it could be broken.

3) Bowser Jr. has shown he works fine as a villain in previous Mario series. He also has appeared as a mainstay in all the Mario spinoff games. He has a defined playstyle in all those games which shows he is not a simple clone or a rushed character.

4) I find Bowser Jr. appealing as a Mario newcomer because he would be the first character that is a child PDA veteran. It would be interesting to see a father and son duo duke it out in Smash Bros. For that reason, I feel Bowser Jr. can make people want to play as him. However, he suffers from the misconception of being a semi-clone due to his simarility to Bowser.

Bowser Jr. does have some negative points. Like mentioned earlier, Bowser Jr. seems to be phasing out in the more recent Mario games. I think it is entirely dependent on if he makes a major role in a Wii U title.

Additionally, he has competition from other Mario characters. I would love to see a new rep for Mario. So while Bowser Jr. is my pick, I would be equally excited to see Toad, Rosalina, and even Waluigi playable. To me, though, Bowser Jr. seems to be a likely candidate.

For Bowser Jr.,

Want: 3.9
Likeliness: 2.89

Krystal's Prediction: 3.05

ノミネーションス:

M. Bison x2
Andy x2
Toon Zelda x1

:phone:

D

Deleted member

FML. Should have remembered that. I'll give you the extra five nominations instead.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Damn, so close. I predicted 0.43, and just saw that Opossum said 0.54 and got excited, then realized I was still second.

ANYWAY
Bowser Jr.:
Want: 2. I feel there are more deserving Mario characters than him.
Likelihood: 2.4. Again, there are other Mario characters in line to be in SSB4 (Waluigi and Paper Mario being what I think are more likely, maybe Toad). Then, throw in the fact that he's becoming less and less relevant with each passing game, and I don't expect to see him.
Krystal Prediction: 3.56
Nominations: 5x Mega Man

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Want: 4.9
Even though I like Bowser Jr. better than Toad character wise, I still think Toad is the most deserving Mario character yet to be playable and I would like him playable before Jr, so I won't give him a 5. I don't really see much competition from anyone except Toad, however, his (and Toad's) biggest obstacle is the chance of there being no new Mario character(s) at all, which is a definitely a possibility. Likelihood: 3.0

Prediction: 2.67

Nominations:
Ice Climbers x5 Lets just get 'em out of the way.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Bowser Jr.?

Want - 1
Likelihood - 3

Bowser Jr. just doesn't appeal me as a Mario newcomer even though I like him in Mario games (sometimes). The reason why he doesn't appeal me is because I know Sakurai's track record regarding characters who are similar to each other. Examples:

- Mario and Luigi (Smash 64)
- Mario and Dr. Mario (Melee)
- Link and Young Link (Melee)
- Link and Toon Link (Brawl)
- Fox and Falco (Melee)
- Fox and Wolf (Brawl)
- Pikachu and Pichu (Melee)
- Ness and Lucas (Brawl)
- Marth and Roy (Melee)
- Captain Falcon and Ganondorf (you are doing it wrong, SAKURAI!)
- Zelda/Sheik and Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik (don't go there, SAKURAI!)

And for that, his likelihood increases a bit. Sakurai may add Bowser Jr. as a last-minute clone if he needs to buff the SSB4 roster. The reason I think his likelihood is a bit low is because it appears that Bowser Jr. is gradually phasing out of main Mario games. He is not in Super Mario 3D Land nor New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Boom Boom and the Koopalings got their roles back) and he may eventually be demoted to a spin-off exclusive character just like Daisy.

Nominations: Toad, Tingle, Meowth, Dixie Kong, King Hippo

splat

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr.
  • Likelihood - 3 / 5
    I'd say Bowser Jr. has a fair shot. Between his appearances in various Mario main and spin-off games, he has developed a ranged set of abilities, from using a magic paintbrush to sonic screaming to using various machines. This variety gives Sakurai the opportunity to create Bowser Jr. either as a tactic fighter deploying traps on the pitch or create a combination of stats we've yet to see in Smash: a small but heavy, fast-hitting but weaker character. But please Sakurai, keep Shadow Mario away from Smash.
  • Want - 5 / 5
    I've been rooting for Junior ever since the Dojo started. I remember checking the computer every day, hoping for either Bowser Jr. or Diddy. Bowser Jr. would make this game a whole lot better for me.

Krystal
  • Prediction - 2.24 / 5

Nominations
  • Tingle x3
  • Kamek x2

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Bowser Jr...

Idk. never too appealing to me. i'd prefer even characters like rosalina, or toad. not that I dislike the character. He's just never seemed, idk.. central to me. although I did love sunshine.

If anything, the biggest reason so fat that makes me think he won't appear is the high bar theory.

So I'm going to predict a 2, with a want of 2. Not my cup of tea, but not impossible

I predict a 2.34 for krystal.

5 votes ray MK

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
Bowser Jr:

Likelyhood: 2.50. It's basically half and half. He isn't really a reoccurring character anymore. He wasnt in Mario 3D land, and the koopalings are getting their roles back.he might end up a a spin off exclusive. But we can't ignore his increasing popularity. Sakurai may look into this and make him playable. Plus Sakurai can just throw him in as adome weird Bowser of squirtle clone. And Sakurai is perfectly ok with clones lol. so he has a 50/50 chance of getting in.

Want: 2/5: I don't really care about his character that much. The are characters more deserving like Toad. I would be perfectly fine with Bowser Jr. As long as Toad gets in first. Toad is simply more important.

Prediction: Krystal 2.68

Nominations: Toad x3 Mii x1 Daisy x1

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr.
want: 5
likeliness: 4.2
Bowser Jr. Is that character that really made a splash last generation. He was in pretty much all the mario games and much like gruntilda in Banjo Kazooie became a character that you LOVED to hate. Having him in smash would be fun because even if it was a mere bowser clone (which he shouldn't be) it would be a faster smaller not as strong bowser. Which the sound of that alone makes me want to play as him.

Krystal?
prediction: 1.02
Nominations:
Paper Mario x5
ftr, im not sure if Paper Mario counts as a character from the SMB universe....

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

IceClimbers x5

Voting & Discussing

Bowser Jr.

Personal Bias: 3.25
Likelihood: 3.37

Out of all the Mario candidates, I think Bowser Jr. could be the most interesting. He can play with or without the paintbrush; he has enough potential to go either way. Shadow Mario is not needed. He will most likely be a type of clone, Luigi already covers that.

Bowser Jr. is almost at equal competition from other possible Mario newcomers. They all have their good & bad points against them. Bowser Jr. has been a villain in the main Mario titles as well as a playable spin-off character. He is also a fairly new character in the franchise that is easily recognized by the younger generation. However, he hasn't appeared in recent titles. I don't think that is much against him though; characters are known to skip a game already. Including the entire Mario franchise, I think that King K. Rool & perhaps Dixie Kong will be higher priorities.

Prediction

Krystal: 1.14

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if i'm doing this right but...

Nominations:

Scizor x5

Bowser Jr:

Personal Bias: 1.0
Likelyhood: 2.30

Since he wasn't even an assist trophy, I don't have much hope for the guy. Don't really care too much for him personally although I do agree he could have some pretty interesting moves.

Prediction:
Krystal: 2.50 (I think she has about a 50/50 shot) I would love to see more female fighters.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr.'s been quite a reoccurring and pretty important boss character in last 3D Marios (excluding Super Mario 3D Land) and in general lends for a very fun-sounding moveset potential. There's though one problem with this that is Sakurai trying to maybe make him a clone of Bowser.
About his chances, him being one of the more notable Mario-reps, he has a decent chance. I would like to see him and Toad in the same game, duking it out sometime.

Likelyhood: 2.9

Want: 2.7

Predicting Krystal to get 2.1

Noms:

x5 Lip

D

Deleted member

Mario newcomers are in general, controversial. Fans constantly fight over them, waging flame wars over each other because they felt this Mario character was the best choice and anyone else was a fail and should be avoided at all cost. Fanboyism was high and it certainly showed with Bowser Jr. today.

The scores were pretty mixed, if a bit on the positive side. Junior did fine with want score, which was a 2.75. But that was not enough to satisfy Junior. He wanted much more and he didn't like people hating on him, despite his evil nature... and he was disappointed.

When the final result came, he scored a mediocre 2.78 in likelihood. Junior threw a big hissy fit because he didn't score too well and rushed out of the stadium. As he was leaving, he hit into Krystal. Not noticing her, he left to his daddy, continuing to sob. Opossum, meanwhile, had gained his groove back. His accuracy had return and made him praised among all men. His award was a measly five nominations but he was pleased.

Krystal nonchalantly walked to the stadium. After being screwed over in consideration last time, she was finally getting an opportunity to prove her worth within the Smash community.

When she entered in the stadium, she was a hot attraction for furries. They looked at her boobs, wishing that she wasn't wearing her Assault outfit and could assault her, much to her displeasure. It was irresistible to them, as their desire kept them on the edge of their seats.
Done solely for lulz among Krystal haters.

The non-furries were seriously annoyed by this and proceeded to seat them down, for they had an important day ahead of them. They were about to judge the most controversial potential newcomer Smash 4 had. For every supporter that would defend her to no end, there were detractors that wanted nothing more than to erase her from existence. Both side quickly turned into each other and one of the biggest battles within the Smash community was made noticeable.

Day Twenty-Four has began! Today, Krystal is being voted on with Mega Man's score being predicted for tomorrow. Day ends sometimes tomorrow afternoon/evening. DarkSouls and lobotheduck21 can still use their extra nominations.

I'll rate Krystal's likelihood later. For now, I'm giving her a 4.5 in want since I think she would have an awesome move set if she got in. Even if she was a semi-clone, I would still play as her as after all, I did enjoy Wolf's play style despite being a semi-clone. I'm predicting Mega Man gets a 3.37 in likelihood.

*inb4 someone accuse me of wanting to have sex with Krystal, even thought I cannot stand looking at heavily sexualized pictures of her*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure why she's controversial. Just because she's seen as a sex icon among the gaming/ furry populous.

Peach can be considered a sex icon as well, the only difference not being anthropomorphic.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure why she's controversial. Just because she's seen as a sex icon among the gaming/ furry populous.

Peach can be considered a sex icon as well, the only difference not being anthropomorphic.
She's controversial in the Smash community because when it comes to discussing potential newcomers, Krystal is the most polarizing in regards to this. Which is why I'm going to wait and see as both sides give their thoughts on Krystal before adding my own score.

Oh and the false assumption that she caused the downfall of the Star Fox series.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My groove has returned! :D

But anyway, on to Krystal.

Want: 2: Meh. Could be cool.

Likelihood: Also a 2. Mainly because the StarFox series is fine as it is in Brawl. They only have five games (six if you count the remake...), so getting four characters would seem odd when more popular series with good potential newcomers (looking at you, Donkey Kong!) have much less. That being said, not all hope is lost, as she still has some demand, and is the only other SF character I can see feasibly getting in.

Prediction for Mega Man: 3

Nominate Krom x9. Toad x1

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Krystal!
Want: 4.35
She was from my favorite SF game as a kid (I know, wat) and I think with a staff, she could be a pretty cool character and not a clone because she has no gun.
Likelihood: 3.8
If they add another SF character, I think it'll be her. They might think 3 is enough, though.
Prediction for Mega Man: 3.82
Nominations: 5x Krom

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Krystal:
Want- 1
Likelihood- 2

Look, I'll be honest, I did in fact support her for quite a bit, but, I just don't think Starfox is that big of a franchise to get a fourth rep, I mean, I can see it happening, but, does it mean it will ? Not really, as Sakurai has barely shown any interest in a new SF rep(and no, having a new rep per game does not mean anything; Falco and Wolf were added because they're important and people actually like them.)

Prediction for Megaman- 3.45

Nominations
Ganondorf x3
Mach Rider
Black Shadow

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yay, finally Krystal's day. ^_^
Not expecting good scores for her, but happy it's her day nonetheless.

Want: 4.8
She's my second most wanted character, and my favorite SF character.

Likelihood: 2.5
I'm going to give her 50/50 here. She still has pretty decent popularity (and isn't unanimously hated in Japan, like some think, though granted she is more popular outside of it), and could bring something different to Smash (though so could alot of characters, so that isn't really anything that special).

She isn't as popular as she was pre-Brawl though, and not that there should be or is a female quota, but now I think she is out-prioritized by other female characters, which is a (poor) point that many were standing on last time. Plus personally I think Sakurai judges characters mostly based on their own merit and popularity, but it is a possibility that he will think Starfox is well enough represented.

When she didn't get in Brawl I was very disappointed, but now I've learned to not get my hopes up for her, no matter how much I'd like her to be included. If she gets in it will IMO be more luck than probability.

Nomz:
x3 Lucario
x2 Skull Kid

Prediction for Megaman: 3.65

D

Deleted member

Krystal:
Want:
This is one character I absolutely despise due to her fanbase. They overstate how important she is to the series, and claim that she cannot possibly be another Fox semi-clone due to her magic stick, which, after some research, showed me she can easily be one.
That, and the furries ruin whatever shred of non-hate I had. I mean, granted, Fox, Falco (who doesn't have fur), and Wolf have their share of furries, but at least they actually serve more of a purpose than just blatant sex appeal.

Thankfully, she isn't too terribly likely. Sakurai has more priorities than adding yet another character from StarFox, especially when Newcomers aren't going to be that large of a quantity. Also, she may have some degree of popularity in the West (as a StarFox character, not a Smash candidate), in Japan, she is not a big deal.
Slippy, Peppy, and even Leon are bigger deals than her in the land of the rising sun.
And even though between the SF characters, she has the most popularity as a Smash candidate there, she's not that all supported.
Sadly, she does seem to be the most likely candidate for Smash out of all StarFox newcomers, but StarFox doesn't seem likely to get another character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Star Fox already has 3 characters. And while I realize their differences, they are more or less the same as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe if we get another game...

Nominate Skull Kid x10

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 0
Likelihood: 1.33

SSBF is right in claiming that Krystal did not -cause- the downfall of her franchise, but regardless, many fans still -associate- her with its downfall...though really, it's not much of a downfall when the series is defined by a single game anyways.

Possibly the character that can be most easily compared to her is Geno: a character most people were expecting for Brawl, and who were popular pre-Brawl, but who lost a massive chunk of their fanbase between then and now. Now, the only possible reason because of which I can see her becoming playable is that Sakurai bases the roster off of which characters were popular during Brawl (something he's unlikely to do). I very much doubt Wolf will be explicitly cut for her, though I'm still unsure how secure his roster spot is, due to how late he was added to Brawl.

Anyways, her main selling point, aside from the two, larger, raunchier ones, is her "original" staff moveset. Though I'm not sure how accurate this hypothesis is, I believe her using the staff was a fan suggestion that went viral, making everyone believe that she would definitely use it and would definitely be unique because of it. This is the same staff that is more closely associated with Fox than Krystal, and that appeared in her hands for mere minutes in the game. I don't think she would receive it in any moveset of hers, which detracts significantly from her originality, which she would supposedly bring, according to fans. Plus, now that Palutena has emerged as an actual deserving staff wielder, Krystal's stock has plummeted quite a bit in my eyes.

It seems as though Sakurai bends over backwards to make the Star Fox movesets similar to each other, despite fans demanding Falco use rocket blasters and jet packs and all sorts of unique machinery. It's not a stretch to assume that he'll add yet another cloned moveset to the fray, insisting that it's fitting because "Fox taught her those moves." Though this may result in her being thrown in last minute (okay, I lied, that's two possible reasons to add her), I would rather an actual original character get the spot. This may sound hypocritical from the guy who would accept a cloned Bowser Jr., but considering he'd only be the first Bowser clone, I think he's a bit more excusable.

I'm interested to see the rest of these votes.

Nominating Dixie Kong, Saki x2, Groose x1.
Prediction for Megaman: 3.96

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Want: 5
Likelihood: 3.75

Just want her, even if she tokes Falco and Wolf's places.

Edit: Also she can have a very unique playstyle with her staff! She would never be a clone of fox, falco and wolf! If people don't want her because there is already 3 Star Fox chacacters, just cut Falco or Wolf!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I want Midbus.

Also, I want to ensure we are still allowed to vote using '0's. I've seen quite a few people do it, but I remember earlier on, there was some post requiring that characters be rated between 0.01 and 4.99, since nothing is absolutely impossible or guaranteed.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Krystal, Krystal, Krystal. As many of you know, I have a divided opinion of her. I personally love the basic Fox (Smash 64 and Melee), Falco (Melee and Brawl), Wolf movesets (its' the most well-executed basic moveset in smash bros). I also love the idea of a staff user and more quick athletic magic users. Krystal could easily be either those easily. She could also add another interesting "twist" on the basic Star Fox/space animal play style (which each smash game seems to get 2 new cool "twists"). However, after moveset ideas and play styles, my appreciation for Krystal dies.[COLLAPSE="Krystal, ultimately, is the symbol of the downfall of two things I loved growing up: Star Fox and Rare Limited. Here is my rant on that..."]I remember playing the first Star Fox as a friend's house back when I was 5, and I thought it was freaking rad with its' (then) revolutionary 3D graphics, awesome 3D gameplay, and insane physics, bosses, enemies, and environments. Then, a few years later, Star Fox 64 came out. That game is a freaking classic. Awesome one-liners, memorable characters, a cool take on cheesiness, sick bosses, a great multi-path system, and just incredible level design (dat Landmaster!).

Rare... I first played a game of theirs' when I got a hold of my uncles' copy of R.C. Pro-Am on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Of course, I first came to love them with Donkey Kong Country. DKC1-3 were amongst my favorites Super Nintendo games. Battletoads was also a favorite of mine. Killer Instinct was among my favorite arcade fighting games. Jet Force Gemini was a great underrated game I owned (damn cousins lost it!). Diddy Kong Racing was an underrated party racing game. DK64 was a fun platformer. Then, freaking Rare released like 5 classic games in the span of 2-3 years. Banjo-Kazooie (that game is so addicting!), 007: Golden Eye (I freaking played that game an entire summer with every person in my neighborhood), Perfect Dark (God that game was awesome!), Banjo-Tooie (again, addicting), and Conker's Bad Fur Day (a truly unique experience).

So, when Rare was announced to be making Dinosaur Planet, people were hyped. When Dinosaur Planet was re-branded as "Star Fox Adventures," everyone crapped their pants. A Rare-esk platformer meets Star Fox (plus the classic Star Fox rail shooter)=??? The worst this game would be (if it was up to the quality of the 5 games I just mentioned) was a revolutionary classic! So, when the game turned out to be an unmemorable, tedious, repetitive, and boring deuce. It was so bad, I don't even remember any of that game, other than thinking "why am I playing this"=??? And then, the downfall of Rare had not just begun, but taken them over. The same thing happened with Star Fox. Rare was subsequently sold, and Star Fox was subsequently given to 3rd party companies (including Namco Bandai for Assault ironically enough).

Rare went on to make a terribly tedious games in their Perfect Dark and Banjo-Kazooie franchises and a bunch of tacky gimmick series. Star Fox went on to have boring rial shooter gameplay and focusing on other vehicles and stupid ground combat way too much. Oh, and trying to be super serious with stupid story lines, and generic characters whom I wouldn't remember without them appearing in Brawl.[/COLLAPSE]Now onto my main complaint about Krystal: She has NO PERSONALITY!!! Her personality is "haha, weird comment," "I'm going to act emo now," and "hey, I'm going to stand her now and pretend I don't exist." In other words, she is your basic video game female (it is sad that gaming females are often treated as 2D idiots like this).

While initially I hated how sexual she was made, this has been toned down in each new Star Fox game, so, in my opinion, it has become a non-issue.

Anyways... as for Krystal's probability, I feel that Falco and Wolf will get in over her yet again. They bot have unique movesets (for clones; they are both about 3 moves away from no longer being clones), and they are much more important characters. On top of that, I don't think Sakurai wants to extend the character roster for Star Fox characters. This is especially so since Krystal is from the post-Star Fox 64 era, which Japan and Star Fox pre-Adventures fans ignore the existence of. I think Sakurai falls in line with that, and his bias will keep Krystal out of smash unless she is in a quality Star Fox game.

Want: 2.0
Likelihood: 1.2
My Prediction for Mega Man's predicted likelihood: 3.62
Nominate: Pikachu (x5)... for the heck of it! :grin:

Edit: @ BKupa
I think that SSBF counts 0's and 5's in wants, but not in likelihood. With likelihood, he probably changes the 0's to 0.01 and the 5's to 4.99

D

Deleted member

I want Midbus.

Also, I want to ensure we are still allowed to vote using '0's. I've seen quite a few people do it, but I remember earlier on, there was some post requiring that characters be rated between 0.01 and 4.99, since nothing is absolutely impossible or guaranteed.
I do count 0's and 5's in want in and likelihood. If I said anything otherwise(I don't recall), then I'm going to say that you can use 0's and 5's in want and likelihood. I DO count them because I want this to reflect how people think of a character's likelihood (the 15-35 votes on a character per day), not how I feel it is.

And Johnknight1, you can't nominate Pikachu or Fox. They're among the characters I put 5's on because 99% of everyone think they're guarantee.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Want: 0.5: Eh.
Likely: 1: She missed her chance with Brawl. She isn't even in the newest game and her popularity has fallen.

Nominate: Yoshimitsu x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom