• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Want: 3.8
His games make up a good deal of my childhood, and I was honestly (maybe naively) expecting him for Brawl. He isn't my most wanted character, but I'd love to see him.

Likelihood: 3.6
He's a very heavily requested character (especially in Japan), and the most requested 3rd party. Sakurai seems to think favorably of minimal use of third-parties, and when adding them he would most likely go to the most requested first for SSB4 (excluding Sonic and Snake). Sakurai made some comments about a Capcom character being a "possibility" and even without Inafune, Capcom seems very willing to let Megaman be included in Smash. If Sakurai came out and said "third-parties will be returning" I would change my likelihood score to like 4.9, but as there is the (IMO slim) chance that 3rd parties won't be included, or some other 3rd party character will somehow get in over Megaman, I don't think his inclusion is a sure thing.

Nomz:
x3 Skull Kid
x2 Lucario

Prediction for Ice Climbers: 4.82

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mega Man.

Want = 4
Likelihood = 4

I really liked both Mega Man and Mega Man X series. I have played through Mega Man 1-6 and Mega Man X 1-2 to completion. I also think Bad Box Art Mega Man looks awesome. I do think he would make an interesting character but I don't know how his copy ability would work in Smash and how it would be similar to/different from Kirby's copy ability. I am aware of his overwhelming popularity and demand and that would be difficult for Sakurai to ignore that. I do think Sakurai may do something about that (and contrary to popular belief, Capcom does not hate Mega Man!)

Nominations = Duck Hunt Dog, Meowth, King Hippo, Tingle, Dixie Kong

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Want: 0
Likeliness: 4.25

Sakurai said he liked having 3rd party characters in Brawl, and Megaman is seemingly the most requested new one. Also we could apparently get a Capcom character anyway. I think he's pretty likely.

Nominate Lyndis x5.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Want 5: it's megaman nuff said

Likelyhood 2.5: it depends on if 3rd parties are returning

prediction: iceclimbers 4.75

nominations ray(cr) x 5

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Want: 5.
I'm a really big Megaman fan and I'd love to see him playable.
Likelihood: 4
It really baffles me that Megaman was not included in Brawl. He's easily the third party character I most associate with Nintendo. Sadly, his franchise has seen better days, so there's some doubt if he'll be playable.

Prediction for the Ice Climbers: 4.5

Nominations:
x5 Waluigi

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
MEGAMAN

Want: 5/5

Likelyhood 2/5

-I considered several facts. 1st fact, unlike Superbot with the Sony Smash (much shorter to say than SASBR), Sakurai won't approach CAPCOM. Capcom has to approach Sakurai, and righ there I see there's a problem. I don't see them doing that.

-2nd let's say Capcom DOES approach Sakurai... Will they want Megaman in SSB? Considering they might be releasing stuff like Street Fighter 5, or Resident Evil 8, or a bunch of other games... I say Capcom will want whatever character suits them at the time. And since I don't see a particular future for Megaman titles (other than the anniversary one) I say the odds of Capcom wanting Megaman are minimal.

-It only gets two points because at some point several Capcom execs wanted him in... But now everything is uncertain with the blue bomber, and I really don't think Capcom will want to include one of their characters without good business planning in mind.
For the love of videogame history?
Not a chance, this is CAPCOM here.

Hoping for the best, though.

Nominations: Mike from Startropics (5) and Mach Rider (5). (did I get this right?)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Megaman

Blue Bomber's one of the most known Nintendo-linked 3rd Parties and most iconic ones, from his breakthrough games from the 80's on NES and keeping with the legacy the X-series and some other games. Most of the Classic Megamans were released on Nintendo's systems anyway, too. There's no denying he should thus have a true honor to join the fray with other stars of Nintendo since he managed to reach that status himself back in the old days despite not even being a Nintendo's creation. Capcom was truly golden then.

Mega's also one of the most requested, if not by far the most requested 3rd Party to be added in SSB4. While I know that Sonic barely squeezed in the fun, Snake wasn't that super-eligible either. But since Sakurai hadn't still rule out the possibility of more 3rd Parties and even has shown some expression towards the idea of including a Capcom-rep, it might not be too far off we might see the Blue Bomber. The only things now holding him back might just be either Capcom willing to let him to join in and the fact that how much 3rd Parties we'll see overall.

Megaman had some of it's parts in my childhood, and I'd be all to play as him with either being able to copy his foes or use his huge variety of Robot Master-weapons for his moveset. And I'd be jumpin' for joy so much if Roll and Protoman would be able to join in some form or another (Assist Trophies, maybe?)

Likelyhood: 3.4
Want: 3.8

Predicting Ice Climbers to get 4.3

Noms:

x5 Lip

EDIT: Shinhed, you gotta distribute your amounts of nominations for each character. Do go check the first page of this thread for more info.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Megaman is my most wanted 3rd party newcomer. He has a rich history with Nintendo and gaming in general. He is considered a gaming icon and, while he hasn't made any recent appearances in a Megaman game; he is still the mascot of Capcom.

He was second to Sonic in 3rd party character requests which shows he is severly wanted. I would say he is currently the most requested 3rd party newcomer for Smash 4. Megaman has a fairly big support fan base and, as we know with Sonic, that is one of the major reasons as to why a 3rd party character could be included (granted it has yet to be untested with a 3rd party character other than sonic.)

However, Megaman's biggest obstacle is that he is a 3rd party character. It isnt even guaranteed that 3rd partiers will make an appearance in Smash 4. While probably likely, nothing at this point is certain. In addition, Megaman is a Capcom character. While it doesn't significantly hurt his chances, his odds are lessened slightly. It's been said that the company has to come to Sakurai. It all matters if Capcom can humble themselves enough to contact Sakurai and if Sakurai listens to fan demand.

For Mega Man,

Want: 4.95
Likeliness: 4.02

Ice Climbers Prediction: 4.84

Noms:

M. Bison x2
Dixie Kong x2
Saki x1

:phone:

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

ROB x5

Voting & Discussing

MegaMan

Personal Bias: 1.75
Likelihood: 3.23

I've never played MegaMan.

Just from what I've seen, he seems like the most likely third party; if we get third parties this time.

Prediction

IceCimbers: 4.79

D

Deleted member

@shinhed-echi: Trust me, if Capcom asks for a rep for Smash 4, it WILL be Mega Man. The last thing Capcom wants is more negative publicity and getting Mega Man in can only do good for their reputation. Capcom might be stupid, but they are NOT that stupid to waste a precious slot when they have the best choice for a third-party that they can use (Mega Man).

D

Deleted member

The day of judgement had been thrown down on Mega Man by the many people who discussed and debated his inclusion, but many continued to ask if Mega Man would be included in Smash. Some said yes and some said no while others were in between.

But the scores ultimately came out favorable for the Blue Bomber. The likelihood score was okay with a 3.18, although nothing special. What did make his smile crack was his want score; which was what he was looking for. His question was happily answered with a general consensus of a 3.79. Habanero; one of his biggest fans, had predicted well and earned five more nominations.

Despite the major obstacle he faced, he was fierce and was ready to go, hoping that he would be worthy of the precious third-party spot; that is, if they returned.

As he left to work on saving the world he came from, chill began to crawl down the spine of the audience. Some had a sneaking suspicious that it was familiar. It looked like a Final Smash, so it meant only one thing...

As a mountain shot up inside the stadium, what came running straight towards it was the Ice Climbers. This caused everyone to become frozen and wondering why such strange events were allowed to happen, but this was important because it was the first Melee vet they were judging. While most wanted to smile, they were to distracted by the cold to recognize their excitement.

Day Twenty-Six has began. Today, Ice Climbers is up with Toad's score being predicted for tomorrow. You have until 11 PM CST.

I am giving Ice Climbers a 5 in want, a 5 in likelihood, and predicting that Toad get a 2.34 in likelihood.

Is there really any reason to cut the Ice Climbers? They're highly popular in Smash and were starters in both Melee and Brawl. If they haven't left by now, they're staying. The only reason why they're even up today is for the possibilities that detractors show up and give off terrible arguments.

Nominate Ghirahim, Mii, Lucario, Mach Rider, and Saki Amamiya.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ice Climbers

Want: 5 I love the Ice Climbers :D (and I actually enjoyed the NES game... ._.)

Likelihood: 5

They're two time vets. Sakurai likes retro characters. Sakurai likes the Ice Climber's playstyle. They're unique. At this point, it's not Smash without Nana and Popo (no, Autocorrect, I do not mean "Poop...").
Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. Bahahaha...

Predicting a 3.2 for Toad.

Nominate Krom x5.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Ice Climbers.
Likeliness:Solid 5
Want:5

There is almost no chance that they will get taken out after being in both Melee and Brawl. They are what you'd call trademark smash at this point.

Toad Prediction: 2.4

Nom: Skull kid x5

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Want: 5

I don't exceptionally like them, But I wouldn't want them to be cut at all.

Besides, I liked their game

Prediction for Toad: 2

Nominate: Skull Kid x5

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Smash is not Smash without their unique playstyle
I have sure that they will never be cut

Toad prediction: hmmmm let's see... 50/50 so 2.5

Nominate: Ghirahim x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

These guys are my least played character in Brawl, but their uniqueness is about as good as it gets for a retro character. A lot of people seem to dismiss them as 'lame,' but I remember hearing that Sakurai openly ridiculed some guy calling for them to be cut for Brawl, citing uniqueness as their main selling point. I would be seriously annoyed to see them cut, especially if their gimmick was handed off to Diddy and Dixie, which would be utterly stupid anyways.

Anyone giving them less than a 5 in likelihood is kidding themselves. Trying to argue in favor of that cut, even with tentative reasoning like "Sakurai MIGHT do XYZ and cut this many characters," is just a way to mask bias, since the Ice Climbers are locked into place as the definitive retro character.

Predicting 2.56 for Toad...gag.

Nominate Dixie x2, Groose x3.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Likeliness: 5

Common sense and whatnot.

x5 Saki

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
This is going to be just like Ness. The people who saw them as unlikely probably won't even show up/have changed their minds. Unless someone has a differing opinion this will be a waste of a day pretty much.
They're to cool to be cut. *prepares umbrella for oncoming tomatoes*
They're unique, were not in any danger of being cut at any time (that I know of). I think they've become staples and have no reason to be cut...unless Sakurai REALLY wants that infinite-grab gone for good. Likeliness: 5

Prediction: 2.23

Nominations:
Ganondorf x5

Inawordyes

Smash Lord

They are the only characters who even remotely play like they do (that being as a tag team; they do share a few modified moves with King Dedede, if I remember correctly, but they play nothing like him at all), they are retro-era characters, which Sakurai has stated he wants to feature more characters from, and despite the fact that I don't play them that often, I couldn't imagine a roster that didn't feature them, because they really are unique in their own way.

Toad Prediction: 3; I wouldn't mind having Toad be playable, but at the same time, he's not the one that I'm rooting for as the next Mario rep, so there's that.

Nominate Krom x3, Yoshimitsu x2

D

Deleted member

Ice Climbers:

Don't really care about them, but I don't want them to leave, I mean, they're already there.

If they stayed for Brawl, they're staying here.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They're far from my favorites, but a Smash without them would seem lacking at this point.

They're not going anywhere. Don't really have much to say.

Nomz:
x3 Lucario
x2 Skull Kid

Genericmartini

Smash Cadet
I don't get how every-bodies so certain of The Ice Climbers coming back but Ness isn't the same(some people had some doubts), weird.

Likelihood:5

Want:5 I guess don't want them going away now

2xSkull Kid
3xTravis Touchdown

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Ice Climbers' likelihood is pretty much a 5. They're a classic, and have appeared in Melee and Brawl, so I doubt that they'll be ditched.

Nominations
1: Ray Mk III (x2)
2: Saki (x2)
3: Black Shadow

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Ice Climbers:
Want: 4.5
Don't play them much myself, but they're pretty "cool".
This is even a question? They're very unique, and they're vets, so there's little to no chance of them being cut.

Prediction for Toad: 3. Can't wait for this one.

Nominations:
Waluigi x5

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to have to be the guy aren't I?
want: 2.5 i'm indifferent to them
likeliness: 4.75 While I can't find a reason to cut them other than roster space there is always that very small chance that something else comes up. If the roster is split up between 3ds and U there is no way they won't be in one of them at least but in a single roster with 35 characters I don't know if they'd cut it.

prediction for toad: 1.97

nominations: paper mario x5

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Want: 3.20
Likelihood: 4.88

Probably not worth explaining at this point, but their probably going to come back due to their unique play style.

Predicting a 2.88 for Toad.

Nominations are Krom (x5) and Sheriff (x5)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Ice Climbers...

Want: 3.0 - They're cool enough (no pun intended), but I never cared all that much for them.

Likelihood: 4.95 - They appeared in Melee and Brawl and are very unique and have established themselves as Smash Bros. characters that should stay in the series. Also, Sakurai did mention how he wants to add more old Nintendo characters, so what better characters to lead the retro than Ice Climbers and Game & Watch?

My prediction for Toad is 2.6

I nominate Rosalina x5

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
want - 5 - no one from melee who was in brawl should be cut :/

likelihood - 5 really? really?!?

toad prediction? 2.25

5x vote for Ray MK

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
There is really no reason for them not to be in, so 5 in Likelihood & Want.
Toad: 1.50
Nomination: Rosalina x5

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Ice Climbers - Want - 5
Honestly, I don't like them much, but without them the roster will feel odd, I kinda like them to be there.

Likelyhood - 5
Melee veteran, I honestly don't see them leaving.

I don't see why people think Ness is leaving, I'm just worried about Lucas, I hope Masked Man and Lucas both get into Smash 4, but I have no clue what is to happen to Lucas, kinda scared he'll get cut. :urg:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

Why would they leave? Unless they added a new character with the same play style and/or made big changes to the roster, they're here to stay.

I nominate Lyndis x5.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I s till can't believe there are people here that believe there is a chance ice climbers are leaving

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Ice Climbers - Want - 5
Honestly, I don't like them much, but without them the roster will feel odd, I kinda like them to be there.

Likelyhood - 5
Melee veteran, I honestly don't see them leaving.

I don't see why people think Ness is leaving, I'm just worried about Lucas, I hope Masked Man and Lucas both get into Smash 4, but I have no clue what is to happen to Lucas, kinda scared he'll get cut. :urg:
You worry too much. Sakurai would have to be ******** to cut Lucas considering how liked he is.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

ROB x5

Voting & Discussing

IceClimbers

Personal Bias: 3.2

The IceClimbers have always been one of my worst characters in Smash. I just could never figure out how to use their potential. However, my poor ability to use them isn't a good reason to cut them. They can be great fighters in the right hands.

There really isn't a reason to cut the characters. They are very unique & their playstyle reflects their game. Well, there is one thing: the game Ice Climber, isn't likely to be revived like Kid Icarus. This trait is already shared with other characters like Mr. Game & Watch & ROB, so it is a small thing. Ice Climber will probably be a type of mini game in the future.

Prediction

Toad: 2.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom