• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
krom
want: 2.5 im indifferent
likeliness: uh im feeling generous so 3

Dixie
prediction: 3.2

Nominations
Paper Mario x5

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
The Japanese love them some Fire Emblem. I'd say it's likely that well get 3 reps this time.

Likeliness: 4
Want: 1

I love Fire Emblem.. It's my favorite Nintendo series, but I prefer other characters over Krom. Probably just because I haven't played his game yet.

Nominate Lyn x5

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Krom had stood his ground, waiting patiently for the result he would acquire. He looked around at the intense debates that were forming over him. Would he be in? Was being recent enough? Or did he need more and if so, did he have enough merit to get in?

The want score was announced first, due to inconsistency in the announcer's pattern. The result was not very favorable as Krom had only scored a 2.35. Krom became tense as this was not good on his reputation. His likelihood score was thankfully much better as he received a 2.92, relieving the pressure that the want score inflicted on him. Falchionx7 was silent, but was secretly told that he had won five extra nominations, which surprised him given the abnormally high expectation that was set in place for Krom's likelihood score.

Rather than express jealously for Roy's superior score, Krom smiled and appreciated a challenge for another Lord; trying to get in Smash before the other Lord. This was yet another phase in the battle for the third Fire Emblem slot.

"Out with the old, in with the new" was when Saki left and Krom arrived. Today, the saying changed to "Out with the new, in with the old", because some fresh nostalgic memory arose; Dixie Kong.

Many hankered back to the old SNES days when they would play the Donkey Kong Country Trilogy. With the latter two; Dixie Kong was a big part of the game and to many gamers, a big part of their childhood. On the platform, Dixie Kong decided to play her guitar and the fans riled up in excitement.

This was the board's opportunity to judge another potential Donkey Kong character. But since it wasn't K. Rool, discussions were about to get really interesting.

Day Thirty has began! Today, we will be rating Dixie Kong with us predicting what Ray gets tomorrow. Day ends 11:30 PM CST.

I nominate Lucario, Mii, Mach Rider, Geno, and Ghirahim.

Predicting Ray gets a 1.82 in likelihood. Very pessimistic about him and to be honest, I think this score is a tad higher than his real likelihood.

Going to throw out a 3.5 in want for Dixie Kong. I like the character myself and wouldn't mind her getting in. Perhaps not the most interesting, but there are some ideas that do intrigue me about her getting in. As for likelihood, giving it a 4, which I'll explain tomorrow.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Dixie Kong

Want: 5
C'mon it's Diddy's girlfriend! Still, she is one of the main chacacters in DKC2 and DKC3. She is the only kong that have enough credit to represent DK series.

Likelihood: 3.22.

She only not have a high likelihood due to people asking to King K. Roll. Also there are Lanky, Tiny... but they are not a serious threat to her.
Also, an answer to King K. Roll: they both could be chosen for SSB4.

Edit: Thanks to GoldenYuiitusin from remembering that: she was planned for Brawl

Bonus:

Prediction for Ray: 2.37

Nominations:
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi (as a double like ice blimbers) x1
Pikmin 3's Captain A (blue haired captain) x1
Ghirahim x1
Paper Mario x1
Rosalina x1

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong:
Want: 2.5
Don't care either way, UNLESS K. Rool doesn't make the cut. If K. Rool does not make it, I am against Dixie.

Likelihood: 1.5
It is uncertain if Donkey Kong is going to get a Newcomer this time around, and if it was, I'd bet on K. Rool getting in before Dixie. I also don't think two characters are in question, as Newcomers are going to be limited, and there are other characters from other series still waiting in the wings.
YES, Dixie was planned for Brawl, however, she was planned as a tag partner for Diddy. When that idea didn't come to pass, instead of being included as a seperate character, she was canned entirely.
This tells me that Sakurai has little views in regards to Dixie on her own, as if she was seriously considered, she would have at least been higher priority than Toon Link and Wolf, as she would have already been in the game at some point with her data as Diddy's tag partner.
There is also to consider that Dixie would be too similar to Diddy in his eyes to warrant an inclusion, given that again, she was to be a tag partner.

Granted, there is the off chance that Sakurai may want to revist the tag team idea, but incorporate Kiddy Kong instead of Diddy as Dixie's partner. However, given that K. Rool exists and is not similar to an existing DK character in Smash, or any other character for that matter, I see Dixie being skipped over for K. Rool.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong:
Want- 4
Likelihood- 4

Dixie Kong is a pretty important part of my childhood, so I definetely want her.
Now, for her likelihood, I don't know why, but I have a very strange feeling that she'll be the one to take the third DK rep spot. Why ? Well, not only was she planned for Brawl, but she's also the most requested DK character in Japan (don't quote me on that), and also has a pretty decent following in the west.

Prediction for Ray- 1.45

Nominations
Snake x2
Marth x3

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong:
Want- 4
Likelihood- 4

Dixie Kong is a pretty important part of my childhood, so I definetely want her.
Now, for her likelihood, I don't know why, but I have a very strange feeling that she'll be the one to take the third DK rep spot. Why ? Well, not only was she planned for Brawl, but she's also the most requested DK character in Japan (don't quote me on that), and also has a pretty decent following in the west.

Prediction for Ray- 1.45

Nominations
Snake x2
Marth x3
Actually, King K. Rool is one of the most wanted newcomers in Japan (though Mewtwo and Roy still out-prioritize K. Rool in want). But Dixie Kong is regularly mentioned here as a choice, so she does have some Japanese popularity.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Want: Not really the biggest fan, but there are worse options: 2.5
Likelyhood: Only competition with K. Rool stands in her way, but he is a strong competitor: 3.8

Nominate: Lucina x5

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Oh lol, I actually won.

Now onto Dixie...
Want: 0
While I liked playing as her in DKC2, the only DK character that should get in is K Rool.

Likelihood: 3
She was planned for Brawl, so they probably have her planned moveset. But the only thing stopping her from being a big choice is because of how K Rool is popular everywhere especially in Japan, yes Dixie is pretty popular there to but nowhere here the level of K Rool or even Mewtwo.

Yoshimitsu x5
Ceada x4

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Want: 0.1 lol
Liklihood: 2.2

Honestly i just don't see a need for dixie to be added. She's not nearly as dynamic as diddy and people are still complaining about him only being a sidekick. Plus it's no secret that K.Rool is by far favored to get in.

yani

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong
Likelihood: 3.8

She appeared to be toyed with later on in development, which tells me Sakurai was looking for a way to get her in the game. There was also going to be three duo characters in Brawl (assuming PreMai is Plusle & Minun) which tells me Sakurai seems to like the idea of having these duo type characters. Dixie Kong had her own game with her own partner who she differs from much more than she does Diddy (referring to Kiddy Kong). So whether it be standalone, or a revisit of his old concept tag team with Kiddy, I easily think she'll be considered again.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Dixie Kong

Want: 2.5
Don't really care about her, there's not really much she would bring to the table that Diddy hasn't already brought. She might be interesting as sort of a tag-team duo with Diddy(or Kiddy), but if we only got one new DK rep I'd prefer K. Rool.
Likelihood: 3
I think people exaggerate her chances due to her being in the "Forbidden 7." Some people treat all of the F7 as shoo-ins for the next game, but I really don't see it.

Prediction: Ray(Custom Robo, I'm assuming) : 2.5

Nominations:
Doctor Mario x5

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
I find no need for Dixie to be in it really. I'd rather have K. Rool. I feel that she can't really offer anything new since most likely if she gets in, she'll probably be a Diddy Knockoff. But she does have data on Brawl. She probably may just tag team with someone else. I just personally feel that she's completely unnecessary. K. Tool should be top priority before her.

Want: 1
Likelihood: 2.20

Nominations: Mii x5

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Dixie Kong - want - 2
Not too excited about her - I'd prefer K.rool, I like villains
expected - 2.5 Really hit or miss at this point, she's really popular, but so is K.rool, and I don't see 2 new DK reps

Ray prediction - 1.9

5x shy guy votes

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 2
Likelihood: 1

In the latest Famitsu […] Sakurai is interviewed specifically about the newcomers […] and mentioned that originally Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong were meant to be a pair character that tagged between each other, but the plan was changed due to difficulties encountered.
I'm glad to see that people aren't buying into the herd mentality of her being 'a lock because she was part of the Forbidden 7'. In all honesty, I think Dixie missed her shot at becoming playable in Brawl, because at least there, she could have rode Diddy's coattails into a duo character slot. Now, she is basically hung out to dry, competing against universally beloved and unique K. Rool for a third DK slot, especially when the third playable slots in franchises are generally filled by villains. Why people think the DK series will be the -only- non-RPG series to have another hero (and monkey) fill its third slot is beyond me.

Not only does she have no chance of becoming playable over K. Rool as an individual character, but I don't think she'll be tacked onto Diddy now for the same reasons Impa won't be tacked onto Zelda: there's no need to fix what ain't broken. Plus, Diddy and Dixie were only ever paired up in one (two, counting Donkey Kong LAND 2...) game, whereas they represent plenty of other games alone, most importantly Diddy Kong Racing and DKC3, respectively. It really was a blessing Sakurai couldn't make their duo work, since it would be a terrible way to finally receive both characters.

Dixie is the obvious choice for a fourth DK rep, and I could see her squeak in as an easy semi-clone alongside Bowser Jr., but the DK series has always been shafted in Smash for how large it is, so I doubt this scenario immensely. I'm not expecting to see Dixie until SSB5, and I'm curious why anyone would expect to see her in this game at this point, unless they're just clinging to the useless Forbidden 7 reasoning. Hopefully when she does become playable a decade from now, she'll bring in some DKC3 content, which Nintendo seems to shove under the rug at all costs nowadays for reasons unknown.

Nominate King Hippo, Groose x2, Duck Hunt Dog x1.

Update: Me claiming K. Rool is universally popular isn't bias, it's true...check any SSB4 site or analysis of Japanese sites.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I really do think that Sakurai will come back to her for reasons that I just don't care enough to explain especially with a lot of these arguments so far are full of heavy bias towards K. Rool, doubt people would listen anyway. Not that I blame people for liking Rool better, I hate monkeys and I don't give a **** about the vast majority of the DK games and RARE.

As a side note, yes I do support the idea of both of them getting in.

D

Deleted member

I really do think that Sakurai will come back to her for reasons that I just don't care enough to explain especially with a lot of these arguments so far are full of heavy bias towards K. Rool so far, doubt people would listen anyway. Not that I blame people for liking Rool better, I hate monkeys and I don't give a **** about the vast majority of the DK games and RARE.

As a side note, yes I do support the idea of both of them getting in.
Ironic how you say this and yet give Dixie Kong a 0 in want. That said, I agree in that both K. Rool and Dixie are worthy of a spot and I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on Dixie Kong's chances.

Dixie Kong

I think that the Donkey Kong franchise can easily get a fourth rep this time around. King K. Rool will probably get priority for the third spot (which I feel is a sure bet), but if a fourth spot is created, Dixie Kong is definitely in.

Forbidden Seven is kind of a double-edge sword. On the one hand, she was planned to be in Smash as Diddy Kong's partner, so Sakurai might not see her as a worthy character on her own. However, what's more important is that she was planned in the first place to be in Smash, so Sakurai is going to look at her again; but given that Sakurai doesn't like to do dramatic changes, it'll probably be as her own character.

Contrary to what people may think, Dixie Kong would definitely not be a clone of Diddy Kong. Dixie Kong and Diddy Kong have very little similarities between each other; they're different species. Also Dixie Kong has unique move set potentials. Incorporating bubble gum and guitar into her move set would be something great to see.

She's also a highly requested character and among the most wanted female characters for Smash (along with Palutena and Krystal) worldwide, which never hurts a character.

I think she is very likely to show up this time around. Likelihood remains a 4 and changing my want score to a 4.

D

Deleted member

I always feel like people are scrapping at the bottom of the barrel if they feel using bubblegun, something just used as an idle animation, would be good for an attack.

As for the "different species" argument, if Ganondorf, a dark desert warlock from an era with limited technology, can be a clone of Captain Falcon, a future race car driver and bounty hunter, then a chimpanzee can be a clone of a spidermonkey.
What's that? Dixie has no tail? She has a long ponytail, doesn't she? She could use that in the same way Diddy uses his tail.

And this has nothing to do with bias for K. Rool. It's that Dixie is very uninteresting as a choice and people have to try to MAKE her interesting by doing things like making chewing bubblegum an attack.
I mean, I'd rather have Cranky Kong, who I know will not be similar to another character, and be quite interesting as a fighter if only for the sheer WTFness. It's not like he's limited; He's a potion maker/mad scientist, so they could play on that, he's apparently a martial artist according to DKC3 GBA version (even though he only used a shield to defend himself in the Cranky's Dojo minigame, which is still something.), he has many animals to incorporate, such as Squacks and Expresso II, and he perhaps can use some old techniques from his glory days as the original Donkey Kong and even turn INTO the original Donkey Kong for a Final Smash.

Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting and hating on Dixie, but she's just not interesting as a choice, even if she deserves it.
Also, it irks me that people say she can't be a clone when she easily can. It's the Krystal situation all over again.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The bubblegum and guitar seem too obscure to be used for a Smash moveset...it's not like you see Diddy spawning juggling balls or a boombox out of thin air.

Glad to see someone else sees the hair/tail similarities as well.

D

Deleted member

The only Kong that needs the spot:

He's important, he's relevant, he's got potential, and he's unique. :troll:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Diddy only uses his tail on his jabs, while Dixie can use her hair for grab, Uspecial, dash attack, etc.

She can easily be a clone like GoldenYuiitusin, so we have a PROBABILITY of a clone or luigyfied clone. But don't forget that the PROBABILITY for her to become unique also exists

Also, she maybe can borrow some attacks from Tiny Kong. Don't come and say that this is impossible, because Ness and Lucas have so many borrowed attacks. Altought I will don't like her to have borrowed attacks, just saying.

Still, below is a part of Dixie's abilities in mariowiki:

"Abilities

Dixie Kong’s greatest asset is her long, blond ponytail. Her ponytail has the ability to rotate like a helicopter, allowing Dixie to slow down her fall, control her descent to the ground when she is in the air and expand her jump. She can also use her ponytail to lift Barrels and attack enemies (like her sister in Donkey Kong 64). Although she is a bit slower than Diddy Kong, the versatility of her ponytail more than makes up for it. In Mario Hoops 3-on-3 she had the ability Cannon Shot, which consisted in her summoning a barrel to shoot the ball. In Donkey Kong Barrel Blast she had the ability of doing Wild Moves."

Also, bubblegum can be a taunt if people don't like this to be in her moveset, also there is another taunt idea that she sits and drink soda.

Edit: I have a theory:
Dixie was cut of the idea to be a couple with Diddy because they are TO DIFFERENT to match each other.
This is a THEORY, please don't crucify me for this. LOL

D

Deleted member

When I talk about clones, that means move set mostly, if not completely similar to another character. Dixie Kong MIGHT be a semi-clone, but I don't see her being a complete clone of Dixie Kong.

Also, there are a few move sets for Dixie Kong here to look over that exhibit her potential for uniqueness.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dixie Kong time.

Want: 1. I'm generally uninterested in her. I mean, I'd much rather have K. Rool. Not saying that both cannot be in, but I'd be irate if she got in over K. Rool. ._.

Likelihood: 2.

People overestimate the Forbidden 7 thing. She was only planned as a tack-on to Diddy. Sakurai probably only saw her as such, seeing as he didn't try to separate her.

However, the DK series is big enough to get two, but since newcomers are in a slightly shorter supply, and how unnoticed the DK series is in Smash, I doubt it will. I can see her as a last minute semi-clone, like Bowser Jr.

Predicting a 1.3 for Ray.

Nominate Ghirahim x5

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
want 0
likeliness 3.5
lets face it she has a good chance, just K.rool has a better one imo.

Ray prediction: 2.12
nominations paper mario x5.... soon, soon

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Dixie Kong

Ah, Dixie Kong. I have pretty fond memories of DKC3 (which felt pretty home in it's setting because it was based worlds that reminded me of the world's continent I live in (Finland).

Anyway, I want to say that her chances are not to be underrestimated. She might've been cut from Brawl and not ever be given a role to be with Diddy Kong's partner ever again in the game, but that doesn't mean she's completely out of question to be in Smash along with K.Rool. First of all, she possesses some unique moveset potential. (HER FREAKING HAIR THAT LIVES AND CAN LIFT METAL BARRELS. And maybe borrowing stuff from Tiny but oh well.). She's also fairly popular and one of the most requested female characters to be seen in Smash Bros. I hope that folks aren't inflating K.Rool's chances so much to put Dixie on a bad light because she has decent chances and considerate amounts of mentions to be not be considered unlikely for Smash.

I personally wish her to be in Smash so much since I think she's the one true newcomer for me as much as Diddy was and with a considerable shot too to make it. Hopefully she'll be considered after K.Rool, preferably right in SSB4 too.

Likeliness: 3.9

Predicting Ray to get 2.0

Noms:

x5 Lip (God, why I missed Saki's day... I'M SO SORRYYY~~ (-;^;-) )

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
You guys really think Shulk is more likely than Krom?

Fire Emblem is a franchise already in Smash Bros., so Sakurai thinks its worthy of being in. Awakening is selling better than most Fire Emblem games since the Super Nintendo ones, and Krom is the star of it. Oh well.

Dixie Kong was only planned because she was to be tied with Diddy. I wouldn't say she's that important, at least in comparison to King K. Rool. I doubt they'd add 2 new Donkey Kong characters, especially since Sakurai seems to consider Donkey Kong a Mario character.

Likeliness: 2.25

I nominated Lyndis x5.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
especially since Sakurai seems to consider Donkey Kong a Mario character.
Adding K.Rool and Dixie certainly would be better than adding any of the Mario newcomers.

Ironic how you say this and yet give Dixie Kong a 0 in want. That said, I agree in that both K. Rool and Dixie are worthy of a spot and I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on Dixie Kong's chances.
I guess it is. Really overall though, the DK series is the Nintendo series that I have the least amount of interest towards. Probably would have given K. Rool a 1 or 2 in want if I had remembered to vote for him that day.

With the tag idea it could have happened in multiple ways, looking at it though, the end result would have Dixie as a character with her own moveset (wouldn't make sense to have an Ice Climber/Zelda like character if they were both the same). While I do admit the possibility of Diddy taking a few of her moves to round him out, it's probably not a big deal in the end. Probably should also mention the his Banana Peels were definitely random.

K. Rool is popular and has the more visable fanbase, not to mention is one of the last truly major characters in the pool (after Little Mac of course). Dixie is decently popular, is also one of the last major characters, and almost made it into Brawl (not to mention Sakura's a guy who likes to come back to old ideas). As far as I can tell the stage is set for both of them to get in. Who's the priority character though is anyone's guess.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dixie Kong is one of my most wanted newcomers. She has a lot going for her but she also has many things going against her as well. Dixie Kong is one of the most requested females alongside other well known female characters. She has also appeared in various Donkey Kong games and, recently, in Mario spinoff games. She is also the third most popular (playable) Kong; after Donkey and Diddy. Additionally, she has the capability to have a fairly unique move set involving her ponytail. Including Dixie Kong could also bolster the DK franchise, bring in fans of both old school and new school Donkey Kong. This could pull in some fans.

However, Dixie really has only one competition and it's mammoth sized. King K. Rool is unarguably the most wanted and expected DK newcomer and, possibly, Smash 4 newcomer overall. He ranks very high in most polls or contests. If DK gets a new rep, there is a high chance that King K. Rool will get that spot. However, Nintendo has recently passed over King K. Rool in both the revival of the DKC series and various Mario spinoff games with the exception of Sluggers. Given that trend, Sakurai and Nintendo may decide to pass up on the King despite all the things he can bring into Smash. Dixie Kong may be a more safer choice due to her familiarity within Nintendos history and those unaware of the DK franchise. However, I believe the King deserves the 3rd DK slot with Dixie Kong afterwards. Sakurai and Nintendo calls the shots in the end.
Then again, DK could get a fourth slot albeit slightly unlikely. If that's the case, we will see both of them in. I don't consider any of the other Kongs as competition.

I find the clone argument to be very counter-productive to discussion. On one hand, a character can be unique and have a potential move set.
However, on the other hand, a character could be a clone or semi-clone. Its kind of a moot point really. Dixie Kong has the ability to be both unique or a clone. The same can go for other characters as well. King K. Rool has the possibility to become a semi-clone of King Dedede, Ridley could be a semi-clone of Charizard, Palutena could be a semi-clone of Zelda, etc. So the debate between clone or non-clone really goes nowhere since a character can become unique or a clone. Of course, some characters such as Isaac or Saki have the potential to be entirely unique. So, yes, Dixie can be either a clone or a unique character.

I agree that using the F7 is a double edged sword. On one hand, it shows Dixie Kong was considered a playable character. However, it also shows she was cut and didn't quite make the grade. Additionally, she was originally planned to be paired up with Diddy but this obviously didn't pan out well so it was scrapped. However, Sakurai was able to make Diddy Kong into a separate character effectively so I believe the same can be said for Dixie.

In short, Dixie Kong is an iconic character within DK and Nintendo, has the potential to be unique or a semi-clone, and has a growing fan base. She us also highly requested but not as much as King K. Rool who overshadows her. That being said, I feel that if DK gets two new character slots, we will see both get in. I am putting my money on King K. Rool as playable but I believe Dixie to be a possible contender for the King.

For Dixie;

Want:5
Likeliness: 2.50

Ray's Prediction: 2.05

Nomis:

Nightmare (SC) x2
Andy x1
Lip x1
Mach Rider x1

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I give Dixie's likelihood a 4. She has played a major role in a couple Donkey Kong titles, and can easily utilize a unique moveset.

Nominations
1: Black Shadow (x2)
2: Leon Powalski (x2)
3: Ray Mk III

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
As a Dixie Kong fan from way back, I fully support her inclusion. I don't see any problem with having her and K. Rool appearing in this game. Plus, she was originally planned to be in Brawl, and was the only Kong other than Donkey Kong to have a trophy in Melee (unless you count Donkey Kong Jr). She could have various hair-based attacks and references to the DK games. I think she has enough potential to warrant her own playable slot apart from Diddy. However, if DK only gets 3 characters, I think that K. Rool has a major priority over Dixie.

Likelihood: 3.5

Nominations:
Rosalina (X2)
Black Mage (X2)
Skull Kid

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
As far as my personal want, Dixie Kong is among the lowest of my "Top 20" or so in want. (20 is just a made up number, I don't even know if I have 20 new characters that I want haha) This is probably attributed to the fact that I rarely played/was interested the DK Series very much after the first Donkey Kong Country. (I played a lot of Donkey Konga if that counts hahaha :p )

However, I felt like Diddy Kong was necessary for the Series back in brawl. I also feel the same way about King K. Rool now.

I think Diddy Kong does a good job of representing that part of the series. I don't think there's getting around that if Dixie Kong was included, she would be a LEAST a Semi-Clone. It'll be a Fox/Falco Ness/Lucas situation. Even if they have different specials, their play-style will be the same if not very similar. This is what turns me off about her, she doesn't bring a whole new idea to the table. I mean, her original concept was to be right side Diddy. I think that tells you something.

Want: 0.95

As far as likelihood, "Forbidden 7" status could help her out, but that's debatable. The most positive thing out of it is that she probably had character sketches, maybe even a rough working model? If they are in fact importing assets, used and un-used, this could help her in the longrun.

But there's also that Sakurai maybe doesn't think she's suitable as a stand-alone character. If he's filling up the roster, like during Melee, which I'm doubting, Dixie will be in because of the similar play style to Diddy.

I don't think the DK series will be getting a fourth rep, and I'm almost certain that if they got a third rep, it would be King K. Rool.

Likelihood: 1.3

----

Prediction for Ray: 2.82

Nominations: Balloon Fighter x5

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Nominate Lucas x5

Dixie - Want - 2.5
Likelyhood - 2
I'd rather see someone else than Dixie.

I really wanna see what happens with Lucas in next smash, or if Mother will even get a new rep.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

ROB x5

Voting & Discussing

Dixie Kong

Personal Bias: 3.98
Likelihood: 2.8

Dixie Kong is one of my most wanted characters. She would be a welcome addition. The only way she could be a Diddy semi-clone is if she is added at the last minute or just laziness. She can be on her own or apart of a true tag-team with Diddy or Kiddy Kong. I prefer a tag-team to reflect DKC.

Dixie Kong & King K. Rool will make the Donkey Kong franchise pretty much complete. However King K. Rool must come before her, he has done more for the series. Dixie Kong was planned for Brawl; a fact from Sakurai himself. He has a tendency to come back to old ideas. It is possible for Donkey Kong to get two newcomers but isn't that likely, especially considering all the competition from new franchises.

Regarding her moveset...
I think her guitar as a side smash would be awesome, refer to my moveset in the Dixie Thread. I agree that the bubblegum should be an animation & not an attack. I didn't like how I gave her Tiny's feather bow as a neutral B, but it would of been her weapon anyway if Tiny Kong was never made. Tiny gives me a headache.

Prediction

Ray: 1.75

D

Deleted member

Totally forgot about this game because I was tired and need sleep for orientation in less than a hour.

I will start working on it this afternoon when I get back.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dixie Kong!

Want = 5
Likelihood = 4

I absolutely love the idea of playing as Dixie in Smash. I loved the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy. I would be overjoyed if Sakurai actually put a Dixie & Kiddy team in Smash.

I think she is pretty likely because she was planned to be in Brawl at one time. If people are gonna dismiss the "Forbidden Seven" thing so to lower Dixie's chances of getting in Smash, then they have to lower chances for Mewtwo, Roy, etc. At least Sakurai knows she exists, he did consider Dixie at one time, he has a tendency to bring back scrapped ideas in future games, ergo Dixie has a good chance of getting in Smash - whether it's alone, with Diddy, or with Kiddy. It also helps that she is very popular.

Nominations = Tingle, Duck Hunt Dog, Meowth, King Hippo, Medusa.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If people are gonna dismiss the "Forbidden Seven" thing so to lower Dixie's chances of getting in Smash, then they have to lower chances for Mewtwo, Roy, etc.
Um, no...the argument is that Dixie isn't on the level of fellow Forbidden 7 members Mewtwo and Roy because she was only ever planned as a duo character, one that will not be added into Smash anymore because its other half is already playable alone.

If people are going to -acknowledge- the Forbidden 7 thing, they have to increase the chances for Dr. Mario, Toon Sheik and 'prai_mai'.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't put Dr. Mario on the same level as Toon Sheik, pra_mai, or Dixie Kong.

Even though he didn't have his own file for a victory like Mewtwo and Roy did, he had a spot reserved for one.
Z37 is Jigglypuff
Z38 is Mewtwo
Z39 is Roy
Z41 is Toon Link

There is a missing file, Z40, which would have to go to Dr. Mario for being a Melee veteran.
Not having a victory file is not grounds for not being strongly considered, as Wolf also lacks a victory file, and would logically be Z42, another missing file, under Toon Link.
Which is why I believe that if more time had been avaialble, not only would we have gotten Mewtwo and Roy, but we would've gotten ol' Doc back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom