• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl in the Hall Returns!!!

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
Brawl in the Hall Returns!!
Owingsville KY September 29th 2012!!
Introduction:After over a year Brawl in the Hall is back and better than ever!

Venue location: Ray Fellowship Hall 75 West Main St. Owingsville, KY 40360

Housing:Call Hael Phael at (606) 776-4284 or pm him on here for housing info

Schedule:
10:00 Setup and Warm-up
11:30 Doubles Sign-ups begin
12:00 Doubles begins
Singles will begin when doubles concludes

Fees:
Venue Fee:$5(3$ if you bring partial setup, waived if you bring full setup)
Singles:$10
Doubles:$10(per person $20 per team)

Payout:

Singles
1st-48%
2nd-22%
3rd-14%
4th-8%
5th-4%
5th-4%

Doubles
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Venue Rules:

*NO Alcohol... period.

*NO Illegal substances!

*Please Pick up after yourselves I don't want to be cleaning your mess up after you leave.

*Do Not Deface/Destroy any property of the venue! Treat everything with respect.

* Respect everyone else and their property! I don't want to have to throw anyone out.

Brawl Rules:

3 stocks
• 8 minute time limit
• Items are set to “Off” and “None”
• All infinites and chain grabs are legal, but must be stopped before 300%.
• Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape glitch and Extended Cape glitch are banned.
• There is a ledge grab limit of 35 for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the ledge grab limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their ledge grab limit, then this rule is ignored.
• The act of stalling is banned.
• If time runs out, the winner of the match will be the one called out by the game. If it goes to Sudden Death, then it is determined by percentage. If the percentage and/or both players die at the same time as a result of a suicide move, a one stock 3 minute tie break match is held. Ledge grab limits are reduced to 13 for Meta Knight and 18 for all other characters.
• The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganondorf suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.
• DSR is on unless replayed stage is agreed upon

Doubles specfic rules:
-Team attack=on
-double meta knight teams are not allowed
-Life Stealing allowed
-Ports for team 1 are 1 and 4. Ports for team 2 are 2 and 3.

Conduct
• In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the tournament organizer. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the tournament organizer reaches the station, the player that unpaused loses a stock.
• Users of the Wii Remote must take out the Wiimote's batteries. If problems persist due to the Wiimote, the owner of the Wiimote may be disqualified.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
• The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

TO list:
1. Hael Phael

If you wanna help TO, msg me and we'll see.

Stage list:

Stage striking will be in a 1-2-1 format

Starters:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
Castle Siege
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino Plaza

People Attending:
1.Hael Phael
2.Mister Eric
3.Ralph Cecil(Most Likely)
4.Ttar
5.Shadow Phoenix
6.Kassandranova
7.Ya Dad(possible others)
8.Juu(?)
9.Soul Pech(?)
10.Carls(?)
11.Fizzle(?)
12.Sorasin
13.Luminoth
14.TheSmile
15.Blindman
16.BBGum
17.Forward Air Rage(?)
18.Kero
19.Soldier 2(?)
20.Alpha Zealot(?)
21.Shyguy(?)
22.Metaflair
23.Kel
24.Nova 9
25.Sombra
26.Sombra's friend(?)
27.Shadow the Past

Setups:

Wii:
1.Hael Phael
2.Shadow Phoenix
3.Ralph Cecil(pending)
4.Ya Dad
5.Mister Eric

TV:
1.Hael Phael
2.Hael Phael (party tv hopefully i'll have a remote for this before the tourney)
3.Ralph Cecil(pending)
4.Ya Dad(pending)
5.Mister Eric
6.Mister Eric
7.Mister Eric
8.Mister Eric

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
After over a year since my last tournament I've decided to run a BitH again. I want to discuss double metaknight legality and possible side events lemme know what you guys think and tell me anything I neglected it's been a while since I've made one of these.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Well done, Hael! It's been about a year since my last OoT tournament too, so I'll be looking forward to this

No double MK. It's the respectable thing to do

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
I'll be attending. What would qualify as "partial" and "full" setups?

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring a Wii with a copy of Brawl. I don't know about the tv yet. I would like to bring a tube tv because of less button latency, but me bringing it is not guaranteed. Count on the Wii/Brawl for now.

Is this tourney only for people from smashboards?

EDIT: I google mapped the location. First United Methodist Church?

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
Does the waive for the venue only apply to individuals? Meaning, if I bring a group of friends, do we have to bring a wii+Brawl and tv from each of us?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'll bring a Wii with a copy of Brawl. I don't know about the tv yet. I would like to bring a tube tv because of less button latency, but me bringing it is not guaranteed. Count on the Wii/Brawl for now.

Is this tourney only for people from smashboards?

EDIT: I google mapped the location. First United Methodist Church?
Where ya from, Ya Dad?

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Free pizzas? <3

And I'll try to get to this and try to drag indiana with me. These tournaments have always been awesome!

SoulPech

Smash Master
X out Juu. He's going to Season's Beatings.

Also,

the tourney is on the same day as Seasons Beatings. If you plan to stream, there's about a 99% chance you may get beat out on stream that day >.>

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
X out Juu. He's going to Season's Beatings.

Also,

the tourney is on the same day as Seasons Beatings. If you plan to stream, there's about a 99% chance you may get beat out on stream that day >.>
Juu why? D: Also that reminds me that I can bring things to stream this if you want. :o

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Lacks of internet or I'd love to stream and commentate!
Maybe for the next BitH, we can locate a venue with decent internets.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I should be coming to this. I also support a P4A side tourney. As for banning double metaknight, I'm unsure how sensible that really is even if it's the current standard. I'd prefer to just ban him as a whole in doubles.

"If there's a metaknight on screen, I'm one of them!" The law of doubles, by Judo. It's an important one.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yes, Ralph, same venue. And dbl mk can be banned if it isn't already.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
This is on the same day as Get Hype II.

:(
Yeah but I mean Kansas

Free pizzas? <3

And I'll try to get to this and try to drag indiana with me. These tournaments have always been awesome!
Mikey I don't think that's up to us, it depends on if Charlene wants to go or not

Also is this gonna be a monthly ordeal or a quarterly kind of thing?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
There will be people there with pocket MKs though. :o

EDIT:Also yeah i'm pretty sure bigger tournaments have done this. o-o

EDIT 2:It was at least banned at Revelations. :o http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324585 and a few others. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326549 Unless it Japanese rule set I usually see double mk banned, and even if it is Japanese rule set I still see if banned at times.

EDIT 3: Just some more. o-o http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324825 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313653 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326088 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=327120

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
it's gettin pretty standard.
idc either way. as long as he is at least usable.

Top Bottom