• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yoshimitsu? Okay.

Want:0
Likelihood:0

If we get any Namco rep, it'll be Pac Man.

Predicting a 1.6 for Skull Kid.

Nominating Ghirahim x2, Mii x8

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
want 0: if we get a creepy clown guy, let be that one guy from FF VI :troll:
likely hood 0: he's got to compete with

Pac-Man
Lloyd
KOS-MOS
Nightmare
some tekken character

not to mention other 3rd parties

prediction: 1.8

nominations: R.O.B. x 5

edit: add the troll face

D

Deleted member

Yoshimitsu isn't a creepy clown guy, though...

Learn your Japanese history.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

ROB x5

Voting & Discussing

Yoshimitsu

Personal Bias: 5
Likelihood: 0.4

I don't understand why Yoshimitsu is getting low want scores. Have u played SoulCalibur or Tekken? Yoshimitsu is freaking awesome & Pac-Man is so lame. He's a quirky ninja with plenty of attacks to work with that can fit within Smash. Rate the individual character not the "Namco Bandai character possibility." Yoshimitsu is like Snake; u would've expected someone like Simon Belmont from Konami because Castlevania is more important to Nintendo than Metal Gear, but instead u get Snake, who is immensely popular. (Still, I personally prefer Simon)

Despite my love for him, Yoshimitsu is third party so Nintendo characters come first. He also has competition with Pac-Man & Lloyd Irving as a Namco character. Pac-Man is more recognizable than Mario, but "fighter-wise," he isn't very popular. Lloyd Irving is a popular character from Tales of Symphonia released back in 2003/2004. Another strike for Yoshimitsu is that he isn't considered the main character of SoulCalibur or Tekken; he is one of the most popular though. There also is the "Namco Bandai character" argument that their involvement with SSB4 shouldn't be automatically assumed that the company will get a fighter.

Prediction

Skull Kid: 0.73

:phone:

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
want: 0
likeliness: .4
I'll say theres a chance, but not even namco developers seem to be fond of tekken in smash.

SK prediction: 2.1

Nominations:
Demise (as alt gannon costume) x5

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Design wise I mean. I don't exactly know what I mean either, just something about him. Though, I'm probably just like that since he's a third party character.
You got me though, that does sound pretty freakin' hilarious.

D

Deleted member

Bad news...

The modem got burnt by lightning and we have to get a new one. So, I'm stuck on what to do.

Perhaps at the college during my long break I can make the new day then, but it will take some time.

D

Deleted member

I think I have an idea on what to do.

I'll postpone eating to start the new day while in college tomorrow (yes, I can access this site from college) It will take until tomorrow afternoon to do so, but please be patience.

If that fails, I'll let someone else take over.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I give Yoshimitsu's likelihood a 1. My main problem with him is that we already have a character named Yoshi in the Smash Bros. roster. Apart from that, not much else to say there.

Nominations
1: Black Shadow (x2)
2: Bandanna Waddle Dee (x2)
3: Leon Powalski

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
So should we start Skull Kid now? (Not sure if we're still doing announcements)

D

Deleted member

Sorry about not ending the day yet. My grandmother came to pick me up despite me telling her I wanted to stay at the college to study/do homework. Luckily, my grandfather set up a modem, so there's hope I can start the new day after 9 PM. However, the new modem has not been working and I'm not sure if it will work after I get back from my psychology class, but we'll see. If it doesn't, I'll transfer this game to someone else willing to get adjusted to college life (and come back when I'm comfortable with college life).

D

Deleted member

Modem has been fixed and I got my computer access back.

I'm going to start work on a new day immediately. Just be patience and watch this post.

D

Deleted member

It seems as the first few Namco Bandai reps have not been faring well. Fans booed the potential addition of Yoshimitsu, hoping that he never exists in Smash 4, let alone be a playable character.

When the votes were cast in for Yoshimitsu, it placed him at a dishonorable position. His likelihood score was so terrible that he was made the butt and joke of the Smash community. Want score was also laughable as he received a mere 1.05. N3ON's lightbulb finally worked after trying to fix it, so he gave it away in exchange for five more nominations.

Authorities got their hand on Yoshimitsu before he could do any damage and quickly took him out of the stadium. With him gone came Skull Kid, who had became a notorious figure for the VGITribune poll.

Scoring as the #1 most wanted character there (although through illegal means), Skull Kid was surprised to see the lack of fanfare for him. Nevertheless, he was ready to impress one last time, hoping that Smash 4 would finally be his chance.

Day Thirty-Four has began! Today, you will be voting for Skull Kid as well as predicting what Ghirahim gets tomorrow. Ridley has also been added to the list of eligible re-votes.

As I stated before, due to college, I will no longer announce when the next day starts because if yesterday was any indication, it's going to be much harder to keep up with this game, but I will still try to get the new day in after twenty-four hours for a day if possible (or if not, definitely not more than forty-eight hours).

Also important is that the VGITribune poll should never be mentioned in here. That poll is a scam and should be ignored by the community for speculation.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I put Skull Kid's likelihood at 1.5. While he did play a big role in Majora's Mask, Skull Kid was really being used as a puppet by the mask. Apart from that game, the Skull Kids only had minor roles in the games that they've appeared in.

Nominations
1: Rosalina (x3)
2: Leon Powalski (x2)

D

Deleted member

Skull Kid:

Want: 4
I'd actually like him, as I am currently playing Majora's Mask on Virtual Console.

Likelihood: 1
Pretty minor Zelda character who's only merit is that rigged poll which Sakurai plainly ignored.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
want: 0: Why? He's just a vasel for a villian that while cool was a REALLY lame fight.
Likely: 0.5.

Nominate: Lucina x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 2.5
Likelihood: 0.33

I have no reason to like or dislike the character, and I think he's a better choice than Ghirahim or Tingle. He has no chance. Never did, and to say the rigged, bot-favoring VGTribune poll makes him likely in the slightest is laughable. Sakurai rightly ignored that garbage.

Nominate Groose x3, King Hippo x2
Predicting 2.04 for Ghirahim

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid:
Want- 0
Likelihood- 0

He never was important, never had a chance and never will get in Smash. As a Sticker, maybe.
And I'd much rather have Ghirahim, thank you.

Speaking of Ghirahim, my prediction for him is- 2

Nominations
Dr. Mario
Snake x2
Ganondorf x2

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 0
Likeliness: 0

Kinda sad we have to go over him.

x5 Black Shadow

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Of course, being from my favorite Zelda game he has my personal bias to the max. He represents a HUGE chunk of the Zelda community who have a strong passion for Majoras Mask and would be very well received if included.

Want: 5

However, Sakurai doesnt include characters to represent fanbases. :c And sadly, he has very low chances. The only hope for him is if Majora's Mask 3D is announces, but that's basically it. :\

Assuming the latter:

Likelihood: 1.2

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Skull Kid is one of my most wanted Zelda characters with Toon Zelda/Tetra a close second. I loved and hated Majora's Mask so Skull Kid has a tender place in my heart. That being said, I understand his chances are slim at best. He is a minor villain that had the best chance of appearing in Melee alongside Young Link. If that would have happened, may may have seen Zant in Brawl and liken the odds of Ghirahim for Smash 4. Additionally, the Majora's Mask version plays a fairly large and important role in MM but, outside of that, he fades into obscurity.

His only chances of being made playable is if MM receives a 3DS remake while during Smash 4's development time. Seeing how that's now and we have yet to receive any legit whisper of a remake, that is a moot point. As well, that is basing an argument entirely on a wistful speculation and can't be considered a legimitate point. If a MM remake is announced this year, I would say Skull Kids chances will fair much better.

Skull Kid is one of those few characters that, despite being from a major series, has little chances of being made a clone or semi-clone. As most, that could give him a Shiek moveset but that wouldn't fit him. He would be a unique character most likely.

However, he had the Demon Lord Ghirahim, Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Impa, Tetra, Tingle, Demise, and possible a new Wii U Zelda character to contend with. Each character is more recent than Skull Kid and, in terms of relevancy, is more likely.

Skull Kid is a very sad character. He could be a very interesting antagonist in a story mode. I can imagine him seeing all the other Nintendo characters "playing" and, due to over excitement, ends up dropping a ****ing angry moon on them.

Which brings me to the next point: Skull Kids Final Smash would be amazing in every way possible. The thought of that constipated moon dropping into the stage and causing massive damage makes me all happy inside.

Skull Kid would certainly be an interesting character with a 100% unqiue moveset involving fairies, flutes, evil magic, and a butt ugly moon. However, he lacks the relevancy and iconic power (not to say other Zelda character do though). Sadly, Skull Kid will be a no show unless a MM remake cones out and Sakurai becomes interested in the character.

For Skull Kid;

Wants: 4.80
Likelys: 1.32

Ghirahim's Prediction: 2.45

Noms:

M. Bison x2
Andy x2
Mach Rider x1

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Did Sakurai give any indication that he was going to include Sonic before he was announced? No. Granted this is a much different situation, but if he paid attention to the VGTribune poll then I doubt he would say anything to give any hints to what he may or may not include in Smash 4.

I'd say if we get an expansion on the Zelda series it's either going to be a secondary villain or a Toon version of Zelda. I think Ghirahim is probably more likely than Skull Kid due to being the most recent, but it's also possible that we won't get a new Zelda character at all.

Likeliness: 1.15
Want: 4.75

Skull Kid is from one of my favorite games and reading the ideas VGTribune had about a potential moveset only expanded my desire to see him playable. Even if the poll was possibly rigged, I still enjoyed the outcome.

I nominate Lyndis x5.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
For all the shame, I've never played a LoZ game. That being said, I know alot about the series, but until a short while ago, I didn't know who Skull Kid was, so that should sum up to you how much importance I place in the character.

Want: 0
Likelihood: 0 - The mask has a greater chance of getting in, in all honesty.

Ghirahim prediction: 2.45

Nominations: Rosalina x3, Lucina x2

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Want: 3

Likelihood: 0

Yes, zero. Despite that stupid poll, NO ONE seriously thinks skull kid is a contender for smash.

The only reason Skull Kid got ANY votes is because zelda fan sites want Nintendo to remake Majora's Mask.

Yes, Majora's Mask is one of my favorite zelda games of all time. I used to play it annually.

His votes were all Bot Spammed.

Nominate Geno x5

Predict for Girahim: 2

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Want: 4.75
He's been my favorite Zelda character since MM, and a character I would love to see in Smash for a very long time. His recent influx of popularity is kind of strange and unwarranted, but I can't really complain, though now I think alot of people are just bandwagoning onto his increasing popularity cause he's a flavor-of-the-month, which honestly I wish he wasn't. It's not like his chances are actually going to increase.

Likelihood: 0.5
This poll Skull Kid "won" really means nothing, and it still wouldn't affect development even if he legitimately won. It's not even that the Zelda series has better reps that would get in before him (though it does), it's that he will most likely never get in, he really isn't legitimately popular, requested, or important to his series. Sure people like him (I do too), but no one seriously expects him to get into Smash. He's a largely one-shot character, who even with a remake won't have enough to warrant his inclusion. If he starts getting more major roles in Zelda games like in MM, sure, then he might actually be a valid contender, but the chances of that happening are probably even more slim than him getting in Smash. The most I expect from Skull Kid would be an AT, and while I would love that, even that seems unlikely, though at least possible. Honestly I'd be satisfied with a just trophy this time around.

Nomz:
x8 Marth (it's ridiculous he needs to be voted on)
x2 Lucario

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I don't normally participate in the rate their chances, but seeing Skull Kid on the header made me curious. Come on now people, you yourselves realize that a flat '0' in chances is ridiculous. By saying that, you are considering any third-party that has been on here before had a higher chance.

Consider this:
- He has a starring role in one of the most beloved games of all-time.
- He is one of the few recurring Zelda cast.
- He is actually the most developed character in the Zelda series. Few characters actually go through any noticeable change in motivation and personality.

For those of you who say he isn't a real villain because the mask was what did it all. I would encourage to actually go back and take a look at the game. The motivation and plots were Skull Kids. The power was Majora. Why do you think he spent so much time playing pranks on villagers like Kafei? He was an angry child getting revenge on those who gave him such a hard time in life.

Skull Kid set the story in motion by stealing the mask. Skull Kid involved Link when he stole his horse and cursed him as a Deku Scrub. Skull Kid was the main villain of Majora's Mask, albeit a tragic one. Majora was the catalyst.

The entirety of Majora's Mask is Link repairing the effects of an isolated and lonely child who received a power he couldn't control. In fact, it never says Majora planned the moon fall. Indeed, Skull Kid was acting out after he was disowned by the Four Giants, so he imprisoned them and made them watch as he would crash the world into Termina.

--------

Why is the Spam-bot poll even mentioned here as if that hurts his chances? Exposure to the character is still positive. Especially given a few outlets picked it up anyways and discussed it. That's more than we can say about most.

Yes, zero. Despite that stupid poll, NO ONE seriously thinks skull kid is a contender for smash.
I'd recommend you don't deal in absolutes. I'm reminded when I predicted R.O.B. for smash bros. I got the exact same reaction from people. "He's a toy, he has zero chance."

--------

These facts will likely not change anyone's minds, and with that, I'll be off.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Should've been in Melee instead of Sheik... :/ Would've been a much better choice, and would actually fit in with the cast of Brawl as well, as Skull Kid actually did re-appear after Melee. But yeah, his chances now are pretty damn slim, and it's quite a shame that even Tingle is far more likely than him. But yeah...

Want: 3/5
Likelyhood: 0.5/5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Skull Kid...bad memories of that poll...

Anyway,

Want:1

Likelihood: 0.6

Same reasons as others have said...only has a slight chance of a MM remake can help him.

Prediction : 2.65

Nominate Mii x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Want:5...(million:awesome:)
liklihood: 1.6
He was my favorite character from my favorite Zelda game. Honestly when you look at Ghirahim who is less frequent than even Skull Kid I don't see him as much more likely either and with a possible MM remake I think he has a chance of gettting in. No one suspected a lot of characters that got into brawl or even Melee for that matter. If he's flavor of the month than what do you call ghirahim? Just cause he wasn't in Melee doesn't mean he won't get in albiet his chances are still unlikely.

Ghirahim: 1.9

Geno x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom