• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Want : 1
I don't really think he deservees to be in Smash. He was a one-shot villain(and a one-shot enemy in OoTSorry, haven't finished TP, a two-shot supporting character) who hasn't been important in over a decade, and while I admit he's a cool violain, I don't think he deserves to be in Smash. If there's any other Zelda villain that deserves a spot, it would be Vaati or maybe Ghirahim.
Likelihood: 1
VGTribune poll aside, I don't think he's very popular outside a relativley small group of MM followers, but I could be wrong on that. Plus, I doubt Sakurai is looking to add any new Zelda characters this time around.

Prediction for Ghirahim:

Nominations:
Vaati x5

D

Deleted member

@---: As you said, we're close to running out of possible options, so a lot more of these are coming. There is a reason why I am allowing re-votes for characters thirty days after they've got a vote.

Skull Kid

Skull Kid had his chance in Smash and he missed it. Pre-Melee, he was semi-popular and played a big role, but those days are over and a potential remake (which won't be in on time to help influence the game) will not do anything to help Skull Kid's chances. It doesn't help that contrary to the rigged to hell and back poll that was VGITribune, Skull Kid is rarely requested. Not much to say here, a 0 for want and a 0 for likelihood.

I predict Ghirahim gets a 2.17 in likelihood. Now this one has a shot of getting in.

Nominate Mach Rider, Geno x2, Mii, and Lucario.

D

Deleted member

I have to say, I'm rather dissapointed your flavor for Yoshimitsu didn't have seppuku in it.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Skull Kid
Want: 0
Please no! There are so much better Zelda characters for choice! Ghirahim, Vaati, Impa, Masked Link and EVEN Demise, Midna (true form, not imp) and Zant are better and more important characters than him!
Likelihood: 0.01
His chances are VERY VERY SMALL and I'm being realistic. Also, he needs to compete with better character choices (all above) PLUS there are 2 Zelda upcoming games (for 3DS and Wii U) and maybe it will present more new chacacters, villains.

My prediction for Ghirahim: 2.85

Nominations: Olimar x5

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Skull Kid...

Want: 1.0 - I never cared for Skull Kid. To me, he only became relevant in Majora's Mask for the brief time he did. Otherwise, he was just a generic NPC/enemy in Ocarina of Time. The only thing I liked about him is that loud scream when you confront him underneath the moon, but that's pretty much it. Otherwise, he's rather unremarkable and there are other more relevant and deserving characters than Skull Kid.

Likelihood: 0.5 - Unless he somehow manages to get a huge surge in demand, popularity, and relevance, and/or Nintendo manages to release a 3DS port of Majora's Mask, I don't see Skull Kid making it into Smash 4. The only reason I don't give a flat out 0 in likelihood is because the demand is there... just nowhere as big as it needs to make Nintendo or Sakurai consider adding him in.

I predict a 4.0 for Ghirahim.

I nominate Rosalina x5.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Likeliness: 0.8
want: 4.2
I would like to see skull kid, but I don't think its gonna happen.

prediction for Ghirahim: 1.06

Noms:
Demise(alt. Gannon costume) x5

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Skull kid! I love this guy. However, I doubt he has any chance :/

As smashfan said, his time kinda passed. Hard to think of a new zelda rep, though, and i think there should be a new zelda rep this game

want - 4
likelihood - 1

Ghirahim prediction - 1.89

funky kong x5

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

ROB x5

Voting & Discussing

Skull Kid

Personal Bias: 0.75
Likelihood: 0.2

I prefer Ghirahim over Skull Kid & I haven't played Majora's Mask.

Skull Kid missed his chance. The only way I can see him in Smash is if Young Link is there too & Majora's Mask gets a remake. I also don't think he is a very important character or villain in Zelda overall. He is a one-shot villain from an older game that is a sequel. If any new villains are getting in Smash, it will be Ghirahim, who is actually important in the series.

Prediction

Ghirahim: 2.7

:phone:

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

ROB x5

Voting & Discussing

Skull Kid

Personal Bias: 0.75
Likelihood: 0.2

I prefer Ghirahim over Skull Kid & I haven't played Majora's Mask.

Skull Kid missed his chance. The only way I can see him in Smash is if Young Link is there too & Majora's Mask gets a remake. I also don't think he is a very important character or villain in Zelda overall. He is a one-shot villain from an older game that is a sequel. If any new villains are getting in Smash, it will be Ghirahim, who is actually important in the series.

Prediction

Ghirahim: 2.7

I call shinanigans, Ghirahim isn't important to the series. We will never see him again(like zahnt) and skull kid has multiple appearances. If a new villain is being added it should be Vaati, as he's been the main villain in multiple games.

D

Deleted member

I call shinanigans, Ghirahim isn't important to the series. We will never see him again(like zahnt) and skull kid has multiple appearances. If a new villain is being added it should be Vaati, as he's been the main villain in multiple games.
If it weren't for Ghirahim, there wouldn't be Ganondorf, Link would never have had to become the hero of legend, Zelda's true identity as
the reincarnation of the goddess Hylia
would never have been revealed, and essentially, storywise, the other games wouldn't exist.

He set the chains in motion for the rest of the series.

Conversely, Vaati doesn't have as much impact in the series other than "OMG! I'm the only villain other than Ganon to appear more than once! TROLOLO!"

jigglover

Smash Lord
LOL! /\
Anyway, just gt back from France with no internet, but it doesn't matter. I'm sure this game felt empty without me! :troll:

Want: 0 Really hate him.
Likelihood: 2

I think that Sakurai is taking interest in the western polls this time around, and while the VGITribune poll was rigged like hell, results are results and Sakurai needs leads on what the western audience wants. Aside from a small and diminishing fan-base and this victory, Skull kid is losing his chance, right now I'd say the order is Ghirahim, Vaati and then Skull Kid, so assuming Zelda gets a new rep a game (which is fairly unlikely) Skull Kid is in smash 6 I think, if not smash 8 at most.

Actually, he'd be severely out-dated by even smash 5, it's now or never and now ain't happening.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Yes but you gotta admit that if we add vaati then it pretty much fills out the zelda roster perfectly. We'd have the main cast of the the regular LOZ and the toon series without it being a toon copy. If ghirahim only appears in SS of all the LOZ titles then it doesn't seem like he has much longevity as a charcter.

D

Deleted member

The moon set on a ghastly night as Skull Kid was scorned by the community. Many hated the idea of him being in Smash and saw no value in him joining. Skull Kid's depression slowly settled as did the reailty that he was not favored for Smash.

The want scored turned out better than expect, but still did weak at a 2.22 in likelihood. Skull Kid had hope that what few supporters he had left could convince people that he had a shot, but he was disappointed as his likelihood score was a terrible 0.62. Opossum had an opportunity to crack a joke about the VGiTribune poll, but MelMoe slapped him with a face. Before Opossum could get it, MelMoe snatched the five extra nominations for himself.

Tears fell down his eyes as he walked out to the stadium, hoping for finally having an opportunity to revive Majora for good.

As one Zelda villain left came another one and this one was new to him. His fabulousness was flaunted all across the stadium, which brought in many new fans, but also new detractors.

Like Krystal, Ghirahim was heavily polarizing, so people wondered how he would fare. And as such, the speculation began.

Day Thirty-Five has began. Ghirahim is up today with R.O.B.'s prediction score being formulated. Takamaru is up for re-voting. Day ends at 4:20 PM CST.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ghirahim: 4 in likelihood. Get a new zelda rep and it's him, simple as that.
Want: 5. What!? He's FABULOUS!

R.O.B predict is 4.25, I feel him rather iconic to Nintendo and, well, gaming, but being a peripheral, and his first actual live character appearance being in brawl, I think that he may be cut, unless of course he goes en route with GaW.

Yes! First comment of the day.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Likelyhood: 1. He is a one shot villain (with no indication of that changing) and never even pretendeded to be the MAIN one (we knew about the "master" prereleased).
Want: 0.

Nominate: Kalas x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chalk me up onto the list of those who were physically abused with Chibi Robo and Starfy, lol.

Ghirahim time.

Want: 4.6

After his first boss fight in Skyward Sword, I knew I wanted him.

Likelihood: 2.9

I don't find a Zelda newcomer too likely, but I do think we'll get one. If we do, I'm confident that it'll be Ghirahim. Many detractors say "lol 1 shot villain leik Zant!!1!," but this isn't exactly a fair comparison. Ghirahim is integral to the story. I won't risk giving SS spoilers, but Golden hit the nail on the head on the last page. He set the ball rolling. That, and he could offer some cool fighting. Doesn't he have two swords in one of his fights? That'd be cool to see...

Predicting for ROB: 4.78

I hope we have common sense here...

Nominate Mii x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Want:2.5
liklihood:2

He at the moment is only a one game character and because of this Sakurai may not see him as a longstanding character. If we get other villains after this Ghirahim won't be relevant and will be a character that really only represented 1 appearance in LOZ. Still, I wont deny that his popularity and recent villian status may be enough to get him in.

R.O.B: 4.57 Sakurai hasn't taken out a retro character yet.

5x Masked Man(Claus)

D

Deleted member

Ghirahim:

Want: 2
Granted, I find Ghirahim deserving given how it is because of him that set the chains in motion for the story of the other games, but I find him creepy. Like flamboyant rapist creepy... *shudders*
Likelihood: 2.5
It's a toss up, as like Mario, we don't even know if Zelda will get a Newcomer. Ghirahim certianly has made his name, however, and he is actually more important to the series than people realize, even if he does end up being a one-shot. He also offers an interesting style of fighting and Miyamoto does want him to be remembered.
Be it as it may though, it's still a pretty big toss up.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
CAfter his first boss fight in Skyward Sword, I knew I wanted him.
Keep that to yourself, perv. :troll:

Edit: Voting time!
Ghirahim
Likelihood: 2.5
I don't really think it's the time for a new Zelda character just yet. I think once franchises that are currently underepped get more representation, then franchises can have a shot at more characters.

On Ghirahim, I think it's possiblethat his popularity is momentary and will fade after a new Zelda has been released. However, only time will tell. Personally, if we got a new Zelda villain I think it should be Vaati.

Prediction for ROB: 4.01

OM NOM NOMs:
Dr. Maio x2
Vaati x3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I put Ghirahim's likelihood at 1. He's pretty much a one time only character, and despite being a more major character than his master, Demise, the fact that Ghirahim has a master pretty much points out that he isn't the main antagonist in Skyward Sword.

Nominations
1: Rosalina (x2)
2: Black Shadow (x3)

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
OMG it's finally the Demon Lord's day!
Want: 5
He is my most wanted Zelda character! Mans' he is so fabulous! He makes my heart filled with rainbows! He has a great moveset potential!

Likelihood: 3.10
if Zelda get a new rep, it's for sure that it will be him. Man, his fanbase was already a big one before Skyward Sword was released!

If he doesn't come to SSB4, I will be furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!...

Also, to those that hate (Ghira)him:

Edit: I was so excited that i forgot my nominations and predictions

Prediction for R.O.B: 4.45
Nominations: Olimar x5

D

Deleted member

Well, now that I stated my vote, I'm not coming back to this thread until the next day...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm going to say 2 for want, I really need to play skyward sword, i don't even know the guy.

I'm going to say 2 for likelihood, I think zelda will have a new rep, idk if him.

prediction for ROB - 4.97

D

Deleted member

Ghirahim

Ghirahim's chances of getting in is mostly determined on if we get a Zelda rep. I'm not expecting any change to Zelda's roster, but if there were to be a newcomer, it would probably be him (with Toon Zelda as the only other possibility, but a much slimmer one).

Now it is true that Ghirahim is a one-shot (which unfortunately takes a big dent on his chances), but that doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility of him getting in since he's not like other one-shots, because he has made himself an important part of the series with his role in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Like GoldenYuiitusin said, he set the chains in motion for all Zelda games to come chronically and that is worthy of consideration.

It also helps that he is an incredibly unique Zelda villain and is decently requested to be in Smash 4. So while not especially likely, he's definitely in the running.

I give him a 2 in likelihood. 4.8 is my want score because he is FABULOUS!

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Ghirahim:
Want- 2.5
Likelihood- 2

We're not guaranteed to have a Zelda newcomer, but if we get one, Ghirahim's a pretty good option.
Granted he tecnicaly is a one-shot villain as of now, but he is pretty popular.

Prediction for R.O.B- 4.90, R.O.B's not going anywhere, people.

Nominations
Marth x2
Snake
Dr. Mario
Mach Rider

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 2.5
Likeliness: 1

High bar theory, no major Zelda characters left, is the latest one-shot, no Vaati in Brawl says Sakurai likes Zelda the way it is, etc.

x5 Black Shadow

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Hey Opossum I had fun slapping u in the face :troll:

Nominations

Marth x10

Voting & Discussing

Ghirahim

Personal Bias: 3.5
Likelihood: 2.62

I haven't had the joy to play Skyward Sword yet but from battle video clips & what not, I would really enjoy playing as Ghirahim.

If we get any newcomers for the LoZ I think Ghirahim will be the most likely. His actions in Skyward Sword began the entire LoZ series & he is very popular. Ghirahim does have the disadvantage of possibly being a "one-shot" character, meaning Skyward Sword could be his only appearance. This status would cause him to fall in the same category as the popular Midna. His design, however, was made to be "remembered" by the developers & that could mean we will see him again.

Plus he is just so FABULOUS! :awesome:

Prediction

ROB: 4.83

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Hey guys I'm back (have a dislocated knee)

want 2.5: haven't played SS

likely hood 2: most likely if zelda gets a new rep, it will either be him or toon zelda, because he starts the gets the ball rolling for the zelda series (until they make another prequel)

prediction: R.O.B 4.85 secondary villian of SSE

nominations baby mario and baby luigi x 5

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sadly, I don't like Ghirahim. Is entirely personal choice. But then again, I didn't like Skyward Sword that much. I'm a huge Zelda fan but I just couldn't get into SS. I think mostly it was because of the controls.

But I think Ghirahim would be a fairly interesting character. While currently a one-shot, he could appear in a prequel of SS or as a resurrected version of himself. It's not entirely impossible for that to happen. However, no indication of a SS prequel or sequel is in the works so it's entirely speculation.

Ghirahim has come at a crucial time - SSB4s developement process. Unlike other oneshots like Zant and Skull Kid, Ghirahim is popular now, relevant, and has a considerable fan support behind him.

However, he does have a little bit of competition from characters such as Impa, Toon Zelda, Tetra, and namely a possible new character in Zelda Wii U. In fact, it is entirely possiblethat a new Zelda game will be released before Smash 4. We could see SS shelved in favor for a Wii U style (much like how Wind Waker and Twilight Princess was). As well, there could be communication between the Smash and Zelda team about including a yet to be revealed Wii U Zelda character.

But as of right now, Ghirahim is the most popular potential Zelda newcomer, is Zelda's flavor of the month, and as a considerable fan base.

Much alike to Skull Kid, he has the potential to be unique with a very creepy and whacky gameplay. Despite my dislike of the character, his taunts alone would make me want to play him.

Ghirahim is a 50/50 for me. I dislike the character personally but I recognize he has a vast amount of potential, uniqueness, and gameplay. Despite being repelled by his FABULOUSNESS, I would enjoy playing as the character; if not only for his whacky/creepy personality. I can just imagine his neutral A rapid tap will be him flicking his extended tougne into the opponent.

So while I'd prefer Skull Kid and/or Toon Zelda/Tetra over Ghirahim, I would be happy to see him as the new Zelda newcomer.

For Ghirahim;

Want: 2.5
Likeliness: 3

ROB prediction: 4.75

Noms:

Prince Sable x5

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Want: 3.0
I definitely don't hate him or anything. He could be interesting, and I enjoy his character, but I think there are more deserving characters out there. That being said, his chances are shaky at best. While he has the popularity (so I've heard), he doesn't have the importance factor down, which I feel is important. Not only does he have to worry about there even being a spot opne, but he has competition for that not-100%-likely slot from Toon Zelda, Tingle, and maybe Vaati, whom I haven't really done enough research on to be sure. 2.0 in likeliness.

Prediction: 4.84

Nominations:
Ganondorf x3
Mii x2

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Likelihood: 1

Nothing separates him from any other Zelda one-shot that isn't entirely subjective, like 'he's so important to this plot' or 'he's so cool, he's so likely to appear again'. He has his chances, but I certainly don't think they're high at all...though he's higher on the scale than Skull Kid, simply due to recency.

Predicting 4.56 for ROB because of stupid reasons
Nominate Groose, King Boo x2, King Hippo x1

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Wow, I really don't know how to vote for this. I've never played SS, or any LoZ game for that matter (as I stated in my vote for Skull Kid). So, despite watching my cousin play the first little bit of SS, I've never seen Ghirahim personally nor actually seen him in a boss battle, so I can't say that I have an attachment to the character. However, at the same time, I do find him to be awesome in his own way.

As for his chances, I believe that Sakurai, if he decides to include another LoZ rep, will add in Ghirahim because he was the most recent villain when he started production (It has already been stated/implied that Sakurai decided upon and locked down who's going to be on the roster, barring last-minute-entries ala Sonic), and he has recognition, popularity, and is one of the more heavily-requested characters (though I'm sure Megaman and King K. Rool are requested much more).

That being said, this is really where I'm split, because like others have also said, I'm not sure if Sakurai will be adding another Zelda character to the game. Because (I think it was stated; I may be wrong) he said he wanted to keep the total number of newcomers down to avoid oversaturating the game and creating an unbalanced game, Ghirahim just might not be as popular as some of the other choices, or have as big of a role in his series as others, and this might be what gets him excluded from SM4SH.

So, I have to say...

Want: 3.5
Likelihood: 3.5

ROB Prediction: 4.25

Nominations: Rosalina x5

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
He's fairly popular and I feel as if a one-shot character has a chance for the Zelda series, it's now. Zelda is due for a newcomer and Ghirahim has plenty to work with for moveset material.

Want: 4.25
Likeliness: 3.25

Nominate Lyndis x5.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Want: 3.5
He's not among my most wanted characters, and he's not even my most wanted Zelda character, but he'd be interesting in Smash, and I'm definitely not against his inclusion, though I'm not advocating for it either.

Likelihood: 2
I think people are overestimating his chances. Sure, he's popular now, and relevant now, but in the past that has proven not to merit inclusion in Smash, at least for the Zelda series, and I don't see it changing. He (as far as we know) is a one-shot character, who while a good character, will most likely be relegated to his one an only role. Sure, there is a chance the precedent could change, but I very much doubt it will over Ghirahim. Honestly, there are characters more important to the series that do have some popularity, and I'm just speculation, but I think Sakurai values that more with a series like Zelda over temporary already-fading popularity. I wouldn't be surprised if he was included, but I think the chances are against him.

Nomz:
x5 Lucario

ROB prediction: 4.8

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Want: 0.2
Likelyhood: 1.4
He is going to turn out to be a one shot, I think, so I doubt he's anything but flavor of the month (game). Plus, I don't think Zelda needs any more reps (though keep TL!), and if it did, it should be either SK (only if there's a MM remake or sequel) or Vaati.

Nominations:
5x Waluigi

Prediction for R.O.B.: 4.67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom