• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
I'd only like classics.

I mean Metroid, DK, Mario etc.

Don't get me wrong, but I believe Sword Emblem/Final Fantasy/etc characters don't fit SMBB. I mean every other game has Anime Characters.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'd only like classics.

Don't get me wrong, but I believe Sword Emblem/Final Fantasy/etc characters don't fit SMBB. I mean every other game has Anime Characters.
What? Where the hell do anime characters come into this, Metroid isn't classic in Japan, Sword emblem is FIRE emblem and are you on the right thread!?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd only like classics.

Sword Emblem? ....Fire Emblem?

FE and FF characters aren't from anime... they're from FE/FF. We're not going to get any FF characters anyway, but FE is unavoidable.

Plus you only like classic series but main Olimar? :confused:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Sword Emblem? ....Fire Emblem?

FE and FF characters aren't from anime... they're from FE/FF. We're not going to get any FF characters anyway, but FE is unavoidable.

Plus you only like classic series but main Olimar? :confused:
My post said it better except for Olimar! :troll: :p

D

Deleted member

Lord Demon Ghirahim, known as many as his FABULOUS, stood confident with his sword puncturing the ground. His polarizing reputation stood to this day. Some loved him and others wanted him to dead because they could not stand the thought of him being in Smash.

Ghirahim had high expectations for today's score, but he was let down severely. His want score was not something to brag about, scoring at a 2.77. What truly displeased him was his likelihood score, which was a below average 2.23.

He was FURIOUS, OUTRAGED, SICK WITH ANGER! His next move was to curse the entire community for rejecting him and swore that if he did not make it into the next Smash Bros., very bad things would happen to the detractors who cast doubt on him. When he left, he left an expensive wound on the platform that needed time to heal.

After a back-to-back session of Zelda one-shots, people were hungry for more current characters and what more current could you get than R.O.B.? A robot that could move and fight.

Pre-Brawl, he was heavily rejected as one of the worst choices ever made, but since then, most of the audience had warmed up to him and a few were even cheering for him. It was rather interesting to see how people would react to him now, since he is getting a second chance on Rate Their Chance.

Day Thirty-Six has began! R.O.B. is up for voting along with Black Shadow's score being predicted. Dark Samus has been added to the list of eligible re-votes.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
SMBB? WTPF is that scramble?

Sword Emblem is such an overrated show. I couldn't stand watching 5 seconds of it, the animation was terrible and so was the dub.

Edit: Who won the predicition?

Anyways, ROB:
Want: 4
Likelihood: 4.5

I can almost guaruntee he'll be back. After all, if it weren't for ROB, there might never have been an SSB. At least, not in America. I don't really play as him much, so I don't care if he comes back or not, but I still think it's incredibly unlikely he'll be cut.

Prediction for Black Shadow: 2.89

Nominations:
Vaati x4
Doc Mario x1

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
ROB!

Want: 5

ROB's awesome.

Likelihood: 5

Sakurai hasn't removed a retro yet, or anyone who is the sole representative for their series. He's a sure bet...

Prediction for Black Shadow: 2.34

Nominate Mii x5

D

Deleted member

@shinpichu: I did.

Anyway, R.O.B. gets a 5 in want. No R.O.B., no buy.

Also a 5 in likelihood. Before anyone pulls the "he might get removed because of initial backlash", considering that most of the bitterness has gone away, there would probably be more hate on him being removed. Plus what Opossum said.

Nominate Mii x2, Mach Rider x3, Lucario x2 and Geno x3.

Predicting that Black Shadow gets a 2.19 in likelihood.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Likeliness: 5

What other people said.

x5 Mii

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He wasn't my most wanted character for Brawl (far from it), and like many others, honestly I was more than a little disappointed when he was included, but I quickly got over it, and now I enjoy playing as him. :) Though even if I didn't he shouldn't be removed, he's important to Nintendo and has a unique moveset.

He really has no reason to be removed other than some people don't like him. Like I said above, he's important to Nintendo and original, as well as on average more liked than hated, plus I doubt Sakurai would cut him over others (if he even does wind up cutting anybody, which I doubt). Plus what Opossum said.

Nomz:
x5 Lucario

My post said it better except for Olimar! :troll: :p
Cept Metroid is a classic everywhere, even if the series has less popularity in Japan. And I believe he was calling FE and FF characters anime characters, where I corrected him and you just yelled at him. :troll:

At least you told him he was in the wrong thread. :rolleyes:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
R.O.B
Want: 2
I don't know why, but I never liked him. When I saw him coming for SSBB, I spoke "WTF is this?". Still, he have a great moveset in SSBB. Also, he is like a easter egg character for me. He only ocuped a slot in SSBB that could be used for a better character. (NOW CRUCIFY ME)
Likelihood: 4.40
In my vision, I have a prediction of him getting a 0.60 chance of getting cut,also, he is one of the SSBB chacacters that have a big chance of getting cut (0.60 represents a big chance for me) since Sakurai is adding more new characters and I belive that the roster size is very limited. Also, again, some people think that he is only a easter egg character.

Black Shadow prediction: 1.87

Nominations: Olimar x5

D

Deleted member

R.O.B.:

He's a veteran, and unlike others, I actually looked at R.O.B. and decided to try to main him.
....while that didn't go over well, it's still the idea that I wasn't raging against R.O.B. that is important.

Likelihood: 4.5
Unlike Ness and the Ice Climbers, R.O.B. is not as safe because he was only in Brawl. However, I don't see R.O.B. leaving any time soon.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
(R.O.B.) Want: ~ 2.5
The thought of R.O.B. disappearing from the roster doesn't bother me. I don't see him as a particularly popular or iconic Nintendo character. I do enjoy playing as him occasionally, however. R.O.B. or no R.O.B., either way is totally fine with me.

(R.O.B.) Likelihood: ~ 4.5
R.O.B's chances of staying are pretty high up there. Whatever "backlash" people are talking about certainly wasn't bad enough to get Sakurai's full attention. R.O.B. is a retro character and solely represents his own series, and that certainly plays in his favor. The only thing that can possibly hold him back is the fact that he simply is not a well known, iconic, popular Nintendo character, and his removal could make room for more important characters. But with his unique play style and moveset, I can't see him going anywhere at any time soon.

(Black Shadow) Prediction: ~ 2

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Want: 0
Likeliness: 4.5

I can't see them cutting him unless they decided to cut a large amount of characters in the roster for new ones. Personally, I couldn't care less if he didn't come back. I find him uninteresting but he fits. Well, I guess I liked him in SSE. There's no reason for him to not make it back.

Nominate Lyndis x5.

:phone:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
When I saw him online I intially was like WTF. But then I grew to love the character and he is now one of my favs.
Liklihood: 5

Sakurai hasn't cut a retro character yet. This, IMO is because they have a special place in Sakurai's heart.

5x Masked man(claus)

Black Shadow: 1.93

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B:
Want- 4
Likelihood- 4.5

Not only is R.O.B one of the most important parts of Nintendo history, but he's also considered to be a retro veteran, kinda like Mr. Game and Watch/Ice Climbers.
He's not going anywhere.

Prediction for Black Shadow- 2.21

Nominations
Ganondorf x2
Mach Rider x2
Dr. Mario

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Want: 2.5. I'd be annoyed if he is cut, but won't be celebrating when he is confirmed
Likelyhood: 4.9: Brawl's cuts bar the universally hated Pichu were all due to time contraints. Barring that (which is unpredictable), I don't see any veterans, especially the non-clones, being cut.

Nominate Kalas x5

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Liklihood: 5

I don't see ROB leaving. He truly is a deserving Nintendo icon and an important part of video game history.

He might not be used in games today, though he makes the occasional cameo EVEN BEING A CHARACTER IN THE MARIO KART SERIES, but he's definitely remembered. He's even a character in Brad Jones' 80's Dan series.

I would like to change him though so that Prof. Hector appears in the background like Pokemon Trainer holding a controller of some kind. That would be awesome.

Nominate Geno x5

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I definitely was one of the people who at first, was very very surprised to see the addition of R.O.B to the cast.

And I do have to admit I had that tiny little voice in the back of my head that questioned the worthiness of his addition.

But I've taken it all, tenfold.

He is absolutely a worthy addition and deserves to come back. He is a signature piece of Nintendo history. And a great example of no one perfectly predicting the roster :) I love that.

My only suggestion: I wish his default color could change per game based on what area he was originally released in. I'd like to have our "Good Old' North American Gray" R.O.B be the default in NA copies of the game :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wasn't surprised because the roster had previously been leaked before he was revealed.

I was kind of angry at first, because I felt every character revealed from the leaked roster sucked - such as wolf - by I came to like the idea of ROB

Funny how as soon as we saw ROB's in the SSE trailer he was deconfirmed up until the leaked roster

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't surprised because the roster had previously been leaked before he was revealed.

I was kind of angry at first, because I felt every character revealed from the leaked roster sucked - such as wolf - by I came to like the idea of ROB

Funny how as soon as we saw ROB's in the SSE trailer he was deconfirmed up until the leaked roster
I wasn't around the threads much during the times of Pre-Brawl, so I don't really remember.

But before the roster leak, not many people were even suspecting R.O.B. would be considered, right?

Or was that not true since him being in the SSE trailer led to more supporters? Haha Im actually really curious how R.O.B speculation was like Pre-roster leak.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I give R.O.B. a 4.5 likelihood. It's a major part in Nintendo's history, since without R.O.B., the video game industry would end up with its own variation of The Great Depression.

Nominations
1: Bandanna Waddle Dee (x2)
2: Black Shadow
3: Leon Powalski (x2)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wasn't around the threads much during the times of Pre-Brawl, so I don't really remember.

But before the roster leak, not many people were even suspecting R.O.B. would be considered, right?

Or was that not true since him being in the SSE trailer led to more supporters? Haha Im actually really curious how R.O.B speculation was like Pre-roster leak.

Him being in the SSE trailer left him with no supporters because they thought all ROB's role in the game would be an NPC

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
rob
want: 2.5 im rather indifferent
likeliness: 4
if any vets are getting cut Rob will most likely be one of them

Prediction: 2.45

nominations
Demise (alt gannon) x5

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'm doing a competition to see who I should main, (since I need a little break from Yoshi), and it's not about how much I like them or anything like that, it is quite simply matches of increasing difficulty, always on a 5-stock match (until I got to 9,9,9, where I increase it by 5 stocks every time) and R.O.B., is in the final five, already into the next round (a 9,9,9 15-stock match). This is why I like him, especially since he's so good I'll probably main him for a while! :p
Likelihood: What Yani said! :p :p :troll: :troll:

Nominations: Dry Bowser (alternate costume for Bowser).

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

Marth x5

Voting & Discussing

ROB

Personal Bias: 3.2
Likelihood: 4.7

I, like many others, didn't like ROB in the beginning. But he has proven his worth & has gained a bit of love from Smash fans. I still don't care a whole lot about him though. I do like his personality because it reminds me of Wall-e, but overall his playstyle isn't very exciting so I often over-look him.

I do consider him very likely for SSB4 but he wasn't & still isn't a very popular newcomer in Brawl compared to others. I say his inclusion will be based on the roster size & the advantages the SSB4 newcomers have over him.

Prediction

Black Shadow: 0.6

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
want 5: it's an adorable retro robot
likely hood 5: what jiggoler said :troll: :troll: :troll:

side note ?: if he doesn't make it into the next game, i will buy a r.o.b. robot, and 2 copies of ssb4 just so R.O.B. can break it

prediction 1.5

nominations: mr. stevenson x 5 (anyone else wanna join the bandwagon)

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B

I liked his inclusion. I love underrated Nintendo characters.

WANT: 5
LIKELIHOOD: 4.5

Xhampi

Smash Lord
For R.O.B
Want : 5
I was really surprised back then to see R.O.B as a new playable character, but now i really enjoy the character, for his history with nintendo and his moveset who fit really well my fighting style so I hope my robotic operating buddy will come back.

Likeliness : 4.8
He don't really have a reason to go.

Prediction for Black Shadow : 1.15

D

Deleted member

R.O.B. had saved the video game industry. It was a fact that at first was ignored by detractors pre-Brawl, but the appeal came within the game as the audience quickly warmed up to him. This explained why people were cheering for his inclusion in Smash 4 and hoped that something dear to them would not be lost.

Their hopes they felt would come true. R.O.B. performed a magnificent job in ratings. He did very well with a 4.13 in want, showing that plenty of people wanted him back. His ratings were especially impressive, scoring a 4.73. Even R.O.B. was filled with joy, despite not technically having a heart. He quickly left the room hoping to another invitation to join.

But the goodness in R.O.B.'s "heart" would soon be overturned by the blackness in the sky. Clouds that darkened the sky filled the place with rumbling coming all over, as well as a lighting bolt that almost hit the platform.

What came was a terror feared by almost everyone by a heart that was so cruel. Another F-zero representative came in the form of Black Shadow, the major antagonist of the F-zero series. The audience quickly became silent as they watched him strolled to the platform. When he reached the middle, he fold his arms and look sternly at everyone, expecting to be pleased.

R.O.B. gets a 4.73 in likelihood and a 4.15 in want. Venus of the Desert Bloom wins five extra nominations.

Day Thirty-Seven has began. Today, you will be rating Black Shadow in likelihood along with predicting what Lyndis gets tomorrow. Also news is that Muddy Mole is up for re-voting.

D

Deleted member

Black Shadow:
Want: 4.5
WATASHI WA SHINEN! SHINENZUUUUUUUU!!!

To be able to recreate that anime scene would make my day.

Likelihood: 2
Sadly, F-Zero doesn't seem too terribly likely to get a character, and while Black Shadow arguably has more popularity, Goroh seems to be Sakurai's choice for a 2nd character if he wanted to include one, given Goroh's appearance in Melee's opening and role as an Assist Trophy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want and Likelihood: 5

Nothing anyone has said thus far is anything specific to ROB; "Sakurai adding characters" is no reason to rate down a unique character who Sakurai has seen immensely positive feedback to at events like the GDC 2008.

. . .

Just barely missed that deadline, I see.

Anyways, Black Shadow receives a 3 in want and likelihood. He's a much easier clone to add than Samurai Goroh, and is beloved overseas because his voice actor in the F-Zero anime is rather famous. That said, Samurai Goroh seems a likelier pick due to his sheer prominence. I hope Black Shadow isn't rated down for clone potential, since it's really the biggest thing he has going for him. He'd be up there with Bowser Jr. and Dixie if it weren't for the fact that F-Zero is dead.

Nominate Duck Hunt Dog, Groose x2, King Hippo x1

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Black Shadow is definitely my pick for a 2nd F-Zero rep. He is a very popular character, relevant and iconic within his franchise, and is voiced by Wakamoto Norio, a voice aciting legend within Japan. Additionally, he is evil, a badass, and a great foil against the Captain.

Black Shadow does have some factors that go against him. Firstly, he has to deal with other F-Zero reps. Of all of them, Goroh seems like the biggest competition. He is a fan and Sakurai favorite; appearing both in Melee's opening and as an assist trophy. I believe if Goroh and Black Shadow were the final two considered, Goroh would be picked. Others like Dr, Stewart, Deathborn, Mighty Gazelle, and Pico don't stand a chance IMO.

Secondly, many people only want to include Black Shadow so he can adopt Ganondorfs moveset with the end result of Ganondorfs receiving a new move set. That should never be the basis of adding a character. I'd personally prefer Black Shadow not to be included if he receives Ganondorfs move set. I can see this working against him.

Thirdly, it's entirely possible that F-Zero might not even receive a 2nd rep. However, given a cast of interesting characters, it's quite a shame if they shaft it for the 3rd time in a row.

However, BS does have a few things going for him. He is the main F-Zero villain (yes he answers to Deathborn but he has much more beef with the Captain). This can provide both storyline and plotline potential.

He can also be given a non-Ganondorf move set (with hopes Ganondorf will receive a new one) based along shadows, illusions, his bull horns, and his muscles.

Also, he is very popular in Japan due to his relationship with Mr. Wakamoto. I think Japanese players would much rather support BS. So, while a important and pivotal character, he is overshadowed by Gorohs popularity and history within Smash, echoes of being made a Ganondorf clone, and the general decline of the F-Zero franchise.

For Black Shadow;

Want:4.8
Likeliness: 2.3

Lyn's Prediction: 2.25

Noms:

M. Bison x3
Andy x3
Nightmare (SC) x2
Prince Sable x2

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Want: 0.3
My least favorite regularly brought up 1st-party candidate that has a chance. I dislike his design, I dislike him as a character, and I hope he doesn't get in Smash. Unless he causes Ganondorf to get a new moveset. Others like him, and that's fine, I can understand the appeal, I just don't have any for him.

Likelihood: 1.9
I think his best chances are as a semi-clone (of Captain Falcon). This would probably mean that Ganondorf would get a new moveset, and realistically at this point I don't think that's overly likely to happen, though I'd be thrilled. As a unique character, I think Goroh would get in over him, as overall he has more popularity and demand, as well as apparently appearing more important to F-Zero in Sakurai's mind (which personally I would agree with), as he has had appeared in the intro and as a trophy in Melee and as an AT in Brawl, where Black Shadow only has his trophy appearance in Brawl. Of course, Black Shadow has a decent amount more popularity in Japan than elsewhere (though some can be attributed to his VA -- which is a pretty poor reason IMO), but Goroh still seems to be the most likely F-Zero newcomer. That is if F-Zero gets a newcomer at all, which at this point is definitely a toss up.

Nomz:
x5 Lucario

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Black Shadow:
Want- 4
Likelihood- 2.9

While I do prefer Samurai Goroh over him, I think that Black Shadow's a pretty good character for SSB4.
Now, some may say that Black Shadow's a more likely candidate for a 2nd F-Zero rep over Goroh because of his popularity in Japan, or because he might be a clone of C. Falcon as some people may be saying, and while this may be worth something, we need to take in consideration that Sakurai has already shown interest in Goroh with his appearance in Melee's intro and in Brawl as an AT.
(And no, I don't think that the idea of him taking Ganon's moveset so he can be unique is a good one)

Prediction for Lyn- 1.9

Nominations
Mach Rider x2
Dr. Mario x2
Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom