• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 4
Likeliness: 2.2

I like Goroh better. I can see him getting in over Goroh in some regards, but unfortunetly for him, his "fanbase" doesn't like him for him. Many people are only interested in him for:

1. Black Shadowdorf
2. His Japanese voice actor from the anime.

Thankfully Sakurai knows fanbases much better than people seem to give him credit for, and despite his "fanbase" he still has plenty of things going for him to let him have a niche (new F-Zero, last minute Falcon clone) in the character pool.

xMii

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Hmm. Black Shadow is probably next in line for an F-Zero character after Samurai Goroh. Goroh seems to have the advantage based on his inclusions in Smash this far, with his inclusion in the Melee intro and then then an Assist Trophy in Brawl. I definitely don't think Black Shadow should get Ganondorf's moveset if he gets in, but if that meant Ganondorf got a more suiting moveset I guess I wouldn't mind. I'd rather see Jody Summer for an F-Zero character.

Want: 0.5
Likeliness: 1.25

Well I nominated Lyn up to being voted on, so I guess I'll nominate Geno x5.

:phone:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Want:0.5
He doesn't have much appeal to me when he's wearing a bull suit on -_-
Liklihood: 1.8
Nobody even knows if we're getting a new F-zero rep and even so he would most likely lose out to Goroh. Not only that but nobody even bothers with a moveset because of lack of potential so people are just throwing him in to get Ganon more priority moveset-wise.

Lyn: 1.62

5x Masked Man

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Also, do people really think that if Sakurai's gonna add Black Shadow, he'll be a clone of Capt. Falcon ?
Don't you remember what he said about Wario being in Melee ?
yes, I know Wario is Wario and Black Shadow is Black Shadow, but still, I'm pretty sure that when it comes to adding villains, Sakurai dosen't like to make them clones of their arch-rivals/enemy

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I think he'd be more or less a clone of captain falcon. A falco esque clone, but cose enough for how much I care

jigglover

Smash Lord
want: 0 I'm not a big fan of F-zero, I began getting into video games around the game cube era (in which I bought a snes with about 20 games that I still have even though the snes broke). And the DS and Wii made references to the nintendo 64 which led me to buy that, (so in actual fact melee was my first smash game, and 64 my last :p). But what I'm trying to say, is that I didn't think F-zero looked good on the GCN when I had it, so I didn't buy F-zero, and it was dead by the time I got a 64, and I really only wanted classics on the snes (which I didn't think F-zero was.
likelihood: Captain falcon>Samurai goroh>Black shadow.

Nominations: Dry bowser (alternate costume) SSBF, you just put dry bowser in the nominations, people may be unclear when it comes to vote.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Want: Eh, 2.
Likelyhood: 2.2. Black Shadow was only really considered by fans as an option after Goroh was confirmed unplayable. If there is a new F-zero rep, Goroh is going to be in before him.

Nominate Kalas x5

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Blask shadow:
Want: 4
He's my most wanted F-Zero newcomer. He's the main antagonist of the series and has been making consistant appearances since his debut in F-Zero X.

Also, Smash needs villains, so he could help out on that regard.

Likelihood: 2
Samurai Goroh is probably the only the only F-Zero who most SSB fans have heard of/care about, so I don't think that Black Shadow is very likely. However, if Goroh does get upgraded to playable character, I think there's a good chance that BS will become an Assist Trophy, which is a good start.

Prediction for Lyn(dis): 2.93

Nominations:
Waluigi x5

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I put Black Shadow's likelihood at a 3. If F-Zero is ever going to get a new rep, it would have to be someone who heavily despises Captain Falcon. Sure there's Goroh, but he's merely a rival to Captain Falcon. Whereas, for Black Shadow, he would cover the main nemesis part of the equation.

Nominations
1: Leon Powalski (x3)
2: Rosalina
3: Bandanna Waddle Dee

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Black Shadow...

Want:0.1

I personally don't find the appeal, but, to each his own.

Likelihood: 1.3

Now, I know some people legitimately want him, but most of them only want him for shallow reasons: Japanese VA and Black Shadowdorf. I feel Goroh would get a warmer reception, and highly doubt we'll get two F-Zero newcomers.

Prediction for Lyn: 2.3

Nominate Mii x5

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Want: 0
He doesn't appeal tome. i think he is a very bad choice for chacacter. Aniway, I don't want more F-zero chacacters. the only that I aprroves is Samurai Goroh but still...

Likelihood: 1.30
His chances are very small. It's for sure that if someone from F-zero comes, it will be Samurai, and I really don't think that Sakurai will add a third rep.

Lyn prediciton: 2.23

Nominations: Olimar x5

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
(Black Shadow) Want: ~ 0.5
-I feel as if we are due for a second F-Zero character, but Black Shadow is NOT it. The main reason people seem to support him is because they believe he can take Ganondorf's current moveset while Ganondorf adopts a new one... a highly poor reason to argue for a character.

(Black Shadow) Likelihood: ~ 0.5
-Let's be honest, we are NOT going to see three F-Zero reps, and if there was a second, it would be Samurai Goroh. This is hardly debatable, due to Goroh's similar popularity, as well as his extreme exposure in the Super Smash Bros. franchise (compared to Black Shadow). That last point is the big one. Obviously, he is favored more by Sakurai. Not only that, but as sad as it sounds, more people recognize Captain Falcon from Super Smash Bros. than from his own games. That means that Samurai Goroh is also much more recognizable and familiar to fans who will appreciate his inclusion more (and don't forget that Goroh has been arouns since the beginning of F-Zero!).

(Lyndis) Prediction: ~ 2.63

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Ah Black Shadow. It would be cool to add another character from F-Zero. With a dark moveset, it would be pretty awesome. Although, I like the Captain being somewhat solo. And besides, he's been requested so much, it doesn't seem like the big N is listening.

Want: 3
Likelihood: 1

BTW, can I nominate Diskun?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Want - 3
Because I think Fzero deserves a new rep, but I don't like Gorah (personal bias)
likelihood - 1 I doubt he has much of a chance

shyguyx5votes
lyn prediction 2.03

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
want 2.5: don't care
likely hood 1.5: samurai goroh is more likely to get in and I think it is unlikely that 2 f-zero characters will be newcomers in 1 game

nominations: mr. stevenson x 5

edit 1: predition .5

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

Marth x5

Voting & Discussing

Black Shadow

Personal Bias: 0.15
Likelihood: 1

Nope don't care about any new F-Zero characters, besides Goroh is more likely. Reasoning has already been explained by others, yada yada.

Prediction

Lyn: 1.2

D

Deleted member

Flavor for yesterday has been added!

@Powerstars: Yes you may nominate Diskun.

Going to give out a 1 in want. I guess I could bear him if he was unique, but I really have no interest in him.

Black Shadow

If any F-zero rep is getting it, it's probably going to be Samurai Goroh. The biggest issue that comes up is that most people only seem to want him for the sake of having a second F-zero rep/as a Ganondorf clone. What makes being suggested as a clone such a problem is that Sakurai may come to the conclusion that fans don't want Black Shadow, but rather an unique Ganondorf (which unfortunately is not happening) and since Sakurai emphasizes people being interested in the characters as important in considering characters, that puts him in a very bad position. 0.5 in likelihood.

I nominate Mii, Lucario, Mach Rider, Geno, and Deoxys.

I predict Lyn gets a 1.36... far more than she deserves.

D

Deleted member

Black Shadow's trial was an interesting one. He was looked at very intensely by the few who were willing to give their thoughts on it and risk their lives by doing so. When the final results came in, Black Shadow was in a fury.

His likelihood score came out at a poor 1.72. Really Shy Guy, who was the closest, tried to hide from him so he could use the extra five nominations he had earned. His want score did not come out much better, at a below average 1.99. Black Shadow swore revenge on the detractors and promised to kill them at the earliest opportunity. Even the ones who stood against them had their hearts beating in fear as they saw Black Shadow slowly walked out, gulping once to exercise said fears.

The clouds then cleared away for a beautiful, sparkling sun as everyone sighed in relief. After a short break, a new Fire Emblem lady came in.

Unlike Anna, Lyn was far more well known to the Smash community thanks to here Assist Trophy appearance. Plenty of people asked for her pre-Brawl and had hoped in despair for the day she would be playable in Brawl. Lyn would be judged again in hopes that her fans would want her to be promoted to playable status.

Day Thirty-Eight has began! Up today is Lyndis with Mii's scores being predicted. Today, Palutena has been added to the list of eligible re-votes.

Nominating Lucario, Geno, Mach Rider, Deoxys, and Leaf (Fire Emblem)

Predicting Mii's getting a 3.19. Despite the hate they get, I think they'll score pretty well.

Also going to give Lyn a 0 in want. I have zero desire to see her in Smash and she would be a bad choice when we have two stronger candidates with more reasons to get in.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
want 0: my gal from FE would have to be micaiah

likely hood 1: she's got to get through roy, ike, and krom, not to mention the other 12 or so lords

prediction: 2.75

nominations: mr. stevenson x 5

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Want: 2: Better FE choices, even just girls, out there
Likelyhood: 2: Lyn has long past her due-date and she was never popular in her day (See her placing SEVENTH in NoJ's official popularity poll, the only lord to place outside of the top 5 in one)

Nominate: Kalas x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Want: 1
Likelihood: 0.25

Not. Happening. Just the most prominent of the Fire Emblem characters who people want for no other reason than their gender.

Predicting 3.76 for Mii
Nominate King Hippo x3, Groose x2

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Want: 2
Likelihood: 3
I think her time has passed. There are more potentially interesting female Lords(Micaiah) that have appeared in Fire Emblem since her first appearance that I think would be better picks. And speaking personally, if we got someone from Blazing Sword I'd rather it be Hector. Really, the only things that could be interesting about her is if she becomes a Dual Weilder like her FE13 art suggests.

That said, a large chunk of the Smash fanbase only knows the series by who gets in SSB, so who knows, maybe she has a shot.

Prediction for Mii: 1.11

Nominations:
Waluigi x5

Edit: @SSBF could you be specific on who the 2 other choices are? I think I know who one of them is, but I'd just like to confirm.

D

Deleted member

Lyn:
Want: 2.5
I don't really care either way, but someone that uses two swords would be a nice change of pace.

Likelihood: 1.5
She's behind the likes of Roy and Krom in terms of Smash popularity. Honestly, the only thing going for her is the fact that she was an Assist Trophy.
Had Awakening not exist however, she'd probably have a bigger shot for that very reason.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 3
Likeliness: 0

I like her better than most of the current FE choices. Pretty sure her being an AT was Sakurai's way of saying no while adknowledging that she had a fanbase, like he did to Deoxys.

x5 Lucario

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I think that Lyn could be a great agile sword-wielder (and possibly dual-wielder due to Fire Emblem Awakening). She is a character that I want in this game, but I want Roy to return more than Lyn appearing. She has a bit of potential because of her Assist Trophy status in Brawl, but Krom might have a bit more priority, since he is the newest Fire Emblem protagonist.

Want: 3.5
Likelihood: 2.5

Nomination:
Black Mage X5

Edit: Mii Prediction: 1.2

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
want: 2.5
likeliness: 1.3
I can't add anything that hasn't been said.
Mii prediction: 3.14 (pi!)

noms
Demise (alt. gannon) x5

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Why wouldn't we? Staar fox has less games than F-zero, and yet is somehow has managed to get 3. Why would 3 F-Zero reps be so impossible?
F-Zero Titles:
-F-Zero (1990)
-F-Zero X (1998)
-F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (2001)
-F-Zero GX (2003)
-F-Zero: GP Legend (2003)
-F-Zero: Climax (2004) [Japan Only]

Star Fox Titles:
-Star Fox (1993)
-Star Fox 64 (1997)
-Star Fox Adventures (2002)
-Star Fox: Assault (2005)
-Star Fox Command (2006)
-Star Fox 64 3D (2011)

They have the same number of games. One Star Fox game was a remake, but one F-Zero game was sold only in Japan and barely got any recognition or support. Star Fox has lasted longer (at least a game has been remade. They haven't done the same with F-Zero...) and is also more recognizable and popular than F-Zero. Despite all that, there are far more popular and iconic Star Fox characters than popular and iconic F-Zero characters. THAT is the important point.

Three F-Zero reps would be impossible because the series really is not that relevant to the history of Nintendo, nor is it iconic of the company. As previously stated, it lacks popular characters and three characters to represent the series would be overkill... those slots could be used by other more popular and iconic Nintendo characters.

One newcomer is okay, but two?... don't expect that to happen.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
F-Zero Titles:
-F-Zero (1990)
-F-Zero X (1998)
-F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (2001)
-F-Zero GX (2003)
-F-Zero: GP Legend (2003)
-F-Zero: Climax (2004) [Japan Only]

Star Fox Titles:
-Star Fox (1993)
-Star Fox 64 (1997)
-Star Fox Adventures (2002)
-Star Fox: Assault (2005)
-Star Fox Command (2006)
-Star Fox 64 3D (2011)

They have the same number of games. One Star Fox game was a remake, but one F-Zero game was sold only in Japan and barely got any recognition or support. Star Fox has lasted longer (at least a game has been remade. They haven't done the same with F-Zero...) and is also more recognizable and popular than F-Zero. Despite all that, there are far more popular and iconic Star Fox characters than popular and iconic F-Zero characters. THAT is the important point.

Three F-Zero reps would be impossible because the series really is not that relevant to the history of Nintendo, nor is it iconic of the company. As previously stated, it lacks popular characters and three characters to represent the series would be overkill... those slots could be used by other more popular and iconic Nintendo characters.

One newcomer is okay, but two?... don't expect that to happen.
You didn't count the BS F-Zero game or the arcade AX game. That would bring the total number of F-Zero games to 9. Though to be fair, from what I understand AX is just the Arcade version of GX, but considering you counted a remake in Star Fox I think it would be more than fair to include it.

And yeah, getting two new reps in one game does seem unlikely, but I don't think it's out of the question to get 3 reps for the series at some point.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Want: 2.5
I'm 50/50 on her. I have better choices in hand (ROY IS OUR MY BOY)

Likelihood:1
She have to many competition, such Roy, Krom and Lucina.

Edit: what? I win? Thanks MelMoe, I really don't noticed it LOL

Nomitations? Olimar x10

Prediction for Mii: 3.04

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Lyn:
Want- 1
Likelihood- 0.5

Three words: Roy and Krom.
She's not gonna happen, people.

Predicion for Mii- 2

Nominations
Dr. Mario x3
Snake x2

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
You didn't count the BS F-Zero game or the arcade AX game. That would bring the total number of F-Zero games to 9. Though to be fair, from what I understand AX is just the Arcade version of GX, but considering you counted a remake in Star Fox I think it would be more than fair to include it.

And yeah, getting two new reps in one game does seem unlikely, but I don't think it's out of the question to get 3 reps for the series at some point.
True... but neither series are very relevant at this point in time anyway. When Melee was made, Star Fox was a far more popular series than F-Zero, constituting Falco's inclusion. When the Brawl roster was made, the Star Fox series was still going (somewhat) strong, constituting Wolf's inclusion, although it spiraled shortly after that. Can't say the same for F-Zero.

You're right about that last comment, though. If Smash continues on and the roster continues to grow, three reps isn't out of the question.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Want: 2.3
liklihood: 1.32
She has almost no chance of getting in over Roy and Krom's popularity unless we get 2 reps next smash. But that's not likely as we're only getting so many character slots next game. I'd say she's in 3rd place to get in with Roy as 1st and Krom as 2nd.

5x Masked man

Mii: 2.65

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lyndis,

I liked the character in both FE and SSBB. I found her to be a nice inclusion as an AT. She does fit well into Smash and is apart of a demographic that is not exactly well-represented in Smash. Though being female should never be the case for including her.

However, in terms of likeliness, I'd say she has one of the lower chances for a popular FE lord. She has to deal with Marth, Ike, Roy, Krom, Eliwood, Micaiah, and even the Black Knight. However, I consider her chances higher than the last three mentioned solely based on her AT status; which is really the only thing going for her right now.

Before Brawl, she was fairly unknown at large by the Smash and/or Nintendi community, and only won global recognition due to her inclusion in Smash (much alike to Saki....again "at large". Not just a group of fans).

She does have the potential to be a fast and quick character. I'd imagine her to be the fastest of all the represented Lords but to have a fairly weak attack stat. Despite that, she could easily have a cloned set based off of Roy. I'd much prefer a unique Lyn over a cloned Lyn.

So while at interesting character both in FE and Smash, her chances are dimmed by Marth, Ike, Roy, and Krom. Additionally, I am 99% sure FE will receive two character slots despites it's immense popularity in Japan. Being that, her chances are slim at best. She may return as a AT though.

For Lyn;
Want: 3.45
Likeliness: 1.22

Mii's Prediction: 3.72

Nomis:

M. Bison x2
Kos-Mos x2
Ayumi Tachibana x1

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lyn? Lyn.

Want: .9

Meh.

Likelihood: 0.1

Not impossible, seeing as she IS a Nintendo character. However, the immense competition from Roy and Krom make her a poor choice. Want nice females? Palutena and Dixie Kong are at least more worthy. Want a dual sword wielder? There's always Ghirahim? Fire Emblem character? Roy or Krom. Everything she can do others do better.

Prediction: 3.3

Wow, all of the newcomers I want are at least at the prediction stage. Time for veterans...

x5 Ganondorf (he's getting in...may as well get him over with...)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Want: 3.75/ 5
Likelyhood: 1/ 5

A Fire Emblem newcomer is highly expected. But it just wouldn't be her. She wouldn't probably even be a duo swords user either, as she wasn't like that in Fire Emblem 7. But yeah, she has too much competition.

I consider Krom almost as a shoe-in, and if we will have another character added I think they would opt for Roy much faster due to him being in Melee and especially due to his large fan demand after his removal. Also, Roy can be a last minute addition by being a Marth-clone yet again, though I would feel that would be really lame. Though a Luigified clone would also work for Roy.

Besides, with Marth being the fast swordsman representitive of Fire Emblem, Lyn is even at a tighter spot due to her not standing out much. And as we all know, Marth ain't going anywhere.

I would like Lyn to be in more than I want Roy, but I just don't see it happen. If anyone wants to support a female Fire Emblem character, make them hype up for Lucina or something. I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom