• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I like how alot of the detractors and haters here completely ignored the fact that Waluigi is the most likely Mario newcomer at this point due to his superior popularity in Japan and he's the only one who Sakurai has somewhat shown interest in.
"oh but Jr. and Kinopio are more popular than Waluigi in the west and Waluigi's got tons of haters !"
Bowser Jr. is highly overrated as a Mario rep, due to being "important" to the Mario series and Sakurai might see Toad as a peaceful character, and, having haters isn't a valid reason for a character to not be in, since everybody has haters. (yes, even characters such as Mario have haters and yet, they're not gonna be cut are they ?)
"oh but Waluigi's a spin off only character!"

Seriously guys, if you don't want him in that's your own problem, but saying he's unlikely just because you don't like him is absurd.
That's sort of jumping to conclusions. I am by no means against Waluigi, but the "Sakurai hasn't shown to care about the others" thing is a bit much. If Sakurai didn't care for Toad, he wouldn't be in the game at all, and here he is, as a Special attack for Peach. For Bowser Jr., I can understand why he got no more than a trophy. Brawl was released only a few months after Galaxy, and much before Galaxy 2, NSMBW, and various spin-offs, like Mario Kart Wii or Super Sluggers, for example. In the former three, Bowser Jr. has had some of his biggest roles. I'm willing to bet that if Brawl came out after these games, Bowser Jr. would have had more representation.

Also, it's kinda hard to deny that haters of the characters already in Smash are outnumbered by Waluigi haters. Sure, someone may hate Mario, but most love him. Waluigi actually has a significant hatebase.

Also, to reiterate, I, personally, am not a Waluigi hater, so don't interpret this as "lol Wuligi sux and wont b in!!!1! lol"

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
That's sort of jumping to conclusions. I am by no means against Waluigi, but the "Sakurai hasn't shown to care about the others" thing is a bit much. If Sakurai didn't care for Toad, he wouldn't be in the game at all, and here he is, as a Special attack for Peach. For Bowser Jr., I can understand why he got no more than a trophy. Brawl was released only a few months after Galaxy, and much before Galaxy 2, NSMBW, and various spin-offs, like Mario Kart Wii or Super Sluggers, for example. In the former three, Bowser Jr. has had some of his biggest roles. I'm willing to bet that if Brawl came out after these games, Bowser Jr. would have had more representation.

Also, it's kinda hard to deny that haters of the characters already in Smash are outnumbered by Waluigi haters. Sure, someone may hate Mario, but most love him. Waluigi actually has a significant hatebase.

Also, to reiterate, I, personally, am not a Waluigi hater, so don't interpret this as "lol Wuligi sux and wont b in!!!1! lol"
I didn't say Sakurai didn't care for Jr. or Toad, I just said that Waluigi is the only one who Sakurai has somewhat shown interest as a playable character.
And on the haters thing, yeah, Waluigi has a pretty damn big hatebase, but he's no Tingle or anything, which his hatebase could potentially hurt his chances, for Waluigi, it probably won't since he does have a pretty decent fanbase, unlike Tingle who's fanbase is pretty abismatic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I didn't say Sakurai didn't care for Jr. or Toad, I just said that Waluigi is the only one who Sakurai has somewhat shown interest as a playable character.
And on the haters thing, yeah, Waluigi has a pretty damn big hatebase, but he's no Tingle or anything, which his hatebase could potentially hurt his chances, for Waluigi, it probably won't since he does have a pretty decent fanbase, unlike Tingle who's fanbase is pretty abismatic.
Ah, I misunderstood the first thing. My bad.

And I do agree that Waluigi is in a much better position as far as fans than Tingle is.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ah, I misunderstood the first thing. My bad.

And I do agree that Waluigi is in a much better position as far as fans than Tingle is.
Master cheif is in a better position than Tingle in terms of popularity!

Opposum, the new day had started by now yesterday(almost), just get Martha over with! I'm going to bed in ten minutes and it's one less thing to do tomorrow if I can do it now!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Master cheif is in a better position than Tingle in terms of popularity!

Opposum, the new day had started by now yesterday(almost), just get Martha over with! I'm going to bed in ten minutes and it's one less thing to do tomorrow if I can do it now!
Well, it's technically two hours early, but I myself need to go somewhere tonight, so I'll work on the new day now.

ATTENTION. The day is now over. Keep your eyes glued on this thread for the new day.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
WAAAAts the worst that can happen?

The day had come to a close. As expected the day was a turbulent one. Not so great for the guy carrying an opossum's first day on the job. Waluigi had done his best at air swimming, crotch chopping, and tennis ball throwing. This impressed some spectators, but others had a virulent hatred toward the "lanky loser," as they called him. In the end, Waluigi received a 2.2 in want. He wasn't too pleased with his mediocre score. He also received an even worse 2.09 in likelihood.

"Waluigi hates this..." he said angrily as he stomped on the ground and threw a bowl of soup into the mob of detractors.

With that, he performed the "Whirluigi" move, and took off.

"I guess that take off was more of a spin-off, the guy with the opossum remarked. He was hit with a bowl of soup.

While Waluigi left, he dropped 5 extra nominations, which Jigglover picked up.

A swordsman entered the arena. It was Marth, the Smash veteran from the kingdom of Altea. He had been a Smash Regular since Melee, and knew that he would be received well.

It is now Day 44. You may rate Marth's chances and likelihood and predict Geno's score for tomorrow. Shulk is also eligible for revoting.

Nomination List and Ratings Down Below (Capitalization Is Fun):

[COLLAPSE="New Nomination List"]
x96 Mr. Stevenson
x94 Olimar
x72 Mach Rider
x61 Shy Guy
x59 Lip
x56 M. Bison
x50 Kalas
x50 Dr. Mario
x47 Masked Man
x40 Demise (alt. costume for Ganondorf)
x40 Groose
x35 Lucina
x34 Leon Powalski
x33 Mike Jones
x31 Sonic
x31 Snake
x30 King Hippo
x29 Medusa
x29 Bandanna Dee
x28 Funky Kong
x22 Andy
x22 Black Mage
x22 Tingle
x17 Vaati
x17 Balloon Fighter
x17 Duck Hunt Dog
x17 Meowth
x15 Baby Mario & Luigi
x14 Captain A
x13 Kamek
x13 Prince Sable
x12 Ike
x10 Hades
x10 Adam Malkovich
x10 Shadow the Hedgehog
x10 Daisy
x9 Sheriff
x9 Impa
x8 Travis Touchdown
x8 King Boo
x8 Scizor
x8 Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
x7 Dillon
x6 Pokemon Trainer
x6 Diskun
x6 Alexandra Roivas
x5 Palutena (Revote)
x5 Animal Crosser
x5 Dr. Mario (alt costume)
x5 Deoxys
x4 Caeda
x4 K K Slider
x4 Jigglypuff
x3 Toon Zelda
x3 Dry Bowser (alternate costume)
x3 Pichu
x2 Slime
x2 Majora's Mask Link
x2 Genesect
x2 Zero Suit Samus
x2 Meta-Knight
x2 KOS-MOS
x2 Leaf (Fire Emblem)
x1 Birdo
x1 Zero (Mega Man)
x1 Young Link
x1 Ninten
x1 Micaiah
x1 Ivy (Soul Caliber)
x1 Morrigan (Darkstalker)
x1 Chaos (Sonic the Hedgehog)
x1 Black Knight
x1 Shake King
x1 Terra Bradford
x1 Prince Fluff
x1 Tails
x1 Shadow
x1 Victini
x1 Hoenn Pokemon Trainer
x1 Magnus
x1 Ayumi Tachibana
x1 Pac Man
x1 Fawful[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="New Veteran/Newcomer Ratings"]Veterans and Newcomers:Want to see how a character did? Check here:

Veterans:
1. Mario (5)
2. Luigi (5)
3. Peach (5)
4. Bowser (5)
5. Donkey Kong (5)
6. Diddy Kong (5)
7. Yoshi (5)
8. Wario (5)
9. Link (5)
10. Zelda (5)
11. Samus (5)
12. Kirby (5)
13. King Dedede (5)
14. Fox (5)
15. Pikachu (5)
16. Captain Falcon (5)
17. Pit (5)
--------------------------------------------
18. Ganondorf (4.98 in likelihood, 4.73 in want)
19. Ice Climbers (4.98 in likelihood, 4.58 in want)
20. Ness (4.94 in likelihood, 4.64 in want)
21. R.O.B. (4.73 in likelihood, 4.15 in want)
22. Lucario (4.27 in likelihood, 4.34 in want)

Newcomers:
Top Ten:
1. King K. Rool (4.24 in likelihood, 4.36 in want)
2. Palutena (4.12 in likelihood, 3.65 in want)
3. Ridley (4.01 in likelihood, 4.19 in want)
4. Mewtwo (4.01 in likelihood, 4.17 in want)
5. Little Mac (3.8 in likelihood, 3.55 in want)
6. Takamaru (3.65 in likelihood, 3.14 in want)
7. Saki Amamiya (3.42 in likelihood, 3.59 in want)
8. Shulk (3.42 in likelihood, 3.05 in want)
9. Samurai Goroh (3.41 in likelihood, 3.44 in want)
10. Isaac (3.33 in likelihood, 3.62 in want)
--------------------------------------------
11. Zoroark (3.29 in likelihood, 2.52 in want)
12. Mega Man (3.18 in likelihood, 3.79 in want) (Capcom)
13. Roy (3.03 in likelihood, 3.33 in want)
14. Dixie Kong (2.96 in likelihood, 2.67 in want)
15. Krom (2.92 in likelihood, 2.35 in want)
16. Bowser Jr. (2.78 in likelihood, 2.75 in want)
17. Toad (2.74 in likelihood, 2.85 in want)
18. Krystal (2.42 in likelihood, 2.21 in want)
19. Muddy Mole (2.4 in likelihood, 3.03 in want)
20. Starfy (2.32 in likelihood, 2.74 in want)
21. Paper Mario (2.28 in likelihood, 2.88 in want)
22. Mii (2.25 in likelihood, 2 in want)
23. Ghirahim (2.23 in likelihood, 2.77 in want)
24. Waluigi (2.09 in likelihood, 2.22 in want)
25. Dark Samus (1.91 in likelihood, 2.28 in want)
26. Black Shadow (1.72 in likelihood, 1.99 in want)
27. Chibi-Robo (1.63 in likelihood, 2.71 in want)
28. Ray (1.34 in likelihood, 2.94 in want)
29. Lyndis (1.1 in likelihood, 1.93 in want)
30. Plusle & Minun (1.04 in likelihood, 1.12 in want)
31. Lloyd Irving (0.97 in likelihood, 1.59 in want) (Namco Bandai)
32. Rosalina (.84 in likelihood, 2.4 in want)
33. Skull Kid (0.64 in likelihood, 2.22 in want)
34. Tom Nook (0.53 in likelihood. 2.04 in want)
35. Sukapon (0.48 in likelihood, 2.18 in want)
36. Anna (0.47 in likelihood, 0.9 in want)
37. Yoshimitsu (0.35 in likelihood, 1.05 in likelihood) (Namco Bandai)
[/COLLAPSE]

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Want:5
Likelihood:5
Face of fire emblem and isn't going anywhere

Geno: 2.13

5x Masked man

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Want: 5
One of my sorta-kinda-mains. No way I want him gone.
Likelihood: 5
He's the poster boy of the Fire Emblem series, and has appeared in more games than any other main character. You'd have to be an idiot to not keep him around.

This is completely off topic, there's someone making a Nintendo vs. Capcom MUGEN game that actually looks okay who decided to include Ike in the roster but not Marth. What.

Prediction for Geno: 1.51

Nominations: Doctor Mario x5

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Like everyone else says, he plays the biggest role in Fire Emblem.

Prediction for Geno: 1.00

Nominations: Pichu x5

This is completely off topic, there's someone making a Nintendo vs. Capcom MUGEN game that actually looks okay who decided to include Ike in the roster but not Marth. What.
People just love Ike more.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
For such shame that we've only had haters on Waluigi's day, if only more people with a brain supporters came here to put some sense into their minds. Oh well.

Anyways, for Martha:
Want- 4.5
Likelihood- 4.99 :troll:

He's not gonna be cut.

Prediction for Geno- 0.15

Nominations
Ike x3
Snake
Sonic

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
For such shame that we've only had haters on Waluigi's day, if only more people with a brain supporters came here to put some sense into their minds. Oh well.
More people want Bowser Jr. as the newcomer from Mario, and that's just silly. I don't really have any faith in most fanbases anyway, so i don't really expect smart arguments.

D

Deleted member

Marth:
Want: 5.
No cuts.
He's kind of the face of Fire Emblem and has been in two Smashes now. He's not going anywhere.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
want 5: Look at my melee main

likely hood 5: he is the FACE of FE, one of the biggest series in japan

prediction: .75

nominations: mr. stevenson x 5

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Marth is our boy girl!

He is the main representant of the Fire Emblem series in Smash.

Nominations:
Olimar x5

Geno prediction: 0.98

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Primary post has been updated. I did have to fix up some things that I didn't keep track of last time though; the "Links and References".

Anyway, Marth's likelihood is a 4 on my part. Seeing as Marth has managed to have his game remade for the states, it's probable that he'll get another chance as a playable character.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Marth:
Why not? Also, just started playing Shadow Dragon yesterday, so I like Marth even more now (although I like Ike).
Likelihood: 4.8
He's the face of the series. They'll probably add Krom (and hopefully still keep Ike and/or bring back Roy), but Marth will most likely stay.

Prediction for Geno: People will exaggerate (sigh), so 2.12.

Nominations: 5x Sonic.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Likeliness: 5

x5 Olimar

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Marth isn't getting cut.
Likeliness: 5

Nominate Masked Man x5

:phone:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Want: 2 I don't like him! (Braces for hate)

likelihood: 4.6 There is a small chance that Marth will be cut in favour of Ike, Roy, Krom, Lyndis, Micaiha, anyone I missed etc.

Perdiction: 1.62

Nominations: Baby Bros x5

Kamek: x2

Shy guy x3

Oh, and I apologize about throwing that soup at you Opposum, it's just that that joke really wasn't funny and I wasn't hungry anyways...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, and I apologize about throwing that soup at you Opposum, it's just that that joke really wasn't funny and I wasn't hungry anyways...
It's all good. Free bowl! :D

Anyway, onto Marth.

No cuts.

Face of Fire Emblem and all. Two time veteran. Not to mention he's no longer Japan-only.

Predicting a 1.56 for Geno

Nominate Olimar x5 to get my main out of the way.

ALSO: Robotic Wind, BKupa, and ---, you need explanations for your vote. I know today is an obvious vote, buuuuut...rules are rules.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Marth -is- Fire Emblem to a massive number of Smash fans. He is also the reason Fire Emblem is an international series (well, him and Roy, but I'd wager that he'd have brought the series to America by his lonesome). There is no hope for those who think a handful of advertisements will bump him from what is essentially his own series.

Oh, predicting 1.32 for Geno.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Marth
Want: 4
Likely: 5

Prediction for Geno: 1.5

Prediction
Bandana Dee
Kamek
Masked Man
Meta Knight
Olimar

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth won't leave. Ever. Been in ALL Fire Emblem games released since Brawl's release, so it looks he isn't going anywhere. Enjoy getting tippered again in Smash 4. ^^

Want: 5/5
Likelyness: 5/5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
^You need to add an explanation of your vote, SmasherMaster.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Marth won't leave. Ever. Been in ALL Fire Emblem games released since Brawl's release, so it looks he isn't going anywhere. Enjoy getting tippered again in Smash 4. ^^
He hasn't been in all Fire Emblem Games.. He's been in like 5/13, 2 of those being remakes and 1 as just DLC (arguably), he was just the original main character.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
He hasn't been in all Fire Emblem Games.. He's been in like 5/13, 2 of those being remakes and 1 as just DLC (arguably), he was just the original main character.
He said since Brawl's release. Since Brawl was released, the only games released were Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem, and Awakening, and he made appearances in all of them in one form or another.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Likely: 5: Again, only character that was cut for predictable reasons was Pichu.
Want: 3.5: Decent FE fan.

Nominate: Alexandra x5

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
For Marth...

Want: 4.0 - I like Marth. Though I almost never play Melee, I am a Marth main in said game. He's also shown to be consistent as a Smash Bros. fighter. Plus, if things go consistent enough, Marth can still be the only character in the series (including Roy, if he's brought back) to speak Japanese in the non-Japanese versions.

Likelihood: 5.0 - Marth has been around since Melee, and he's made consistent appearances. He's also a popular Fire Emblem character, so I don't see him being cut for other FE characters anytime soon or ever. Suffice it to say, Marth will be in Smash 4, in my opinion.

Prediction for Geno: 1.23

I nominate Captain Falcon x5

Pity I missed the Rosalina part. I would've given her a 5 for want and 2.5 for likelihood. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom