• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Funk's Castle II: Måske [KFC2] results and shoutouts

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Melee singles

Apex seeding points

1: Armada :peachmelee: (640.00 kr.) +1024 pts.
2: Overtriforce :sheikmelee: (400.00 kr.) +512 pts.
3: Leffen :foxmelee: (240.00 kr.) +128 pts.
4: Ice :marthmelee: :sheikmelee: (160.00 kr.) +64 pts.
5: Fuzzyness :foxmelee: (80.00 kr.) +16 pts.
5: Samplay :falcomelee: (80.00 kr.) +16 pts.
7: Aniolas :sheikmelee: +8 pts.
7: Mahie :marthmelee: +8 pts.
9: Thomas :jigglypuffmelee: + 2 pts.
9: Askelink :falcomelee: + 2 pts.
9: Eagle :drmario: + 2 pts.
9: Daisuki :falconmelee: + 2 pts.
13: Wiidl :peachmelee: + 1 pts.
13: VJ :falconmelee: + 1 pts.
13: King Funk :falcomelee: + 1 pts.
13: Navn :foxmelee: + 1 pts.
17: Fays :falcomelee:
17: Stivo :falcomelee:
17: Seb :falconmelee:
17: Ælj :foxmelee:
17: Beat :marthmelee:
17: L_Deathnote :falcomelee:
17: Slynus :jigglypuffmelee:
17: stelzig :sheikmelee:
25: plufball :falcomelee:
25: MikeHaggarKJ :falconmelee:
25: Yoci :falcomelee:
25: Taka :falconmelee:
25: Kukzzzz :foxmelee:
25: Glenn Glenn :foxmelee:
25: Chansey NES :peachmelee:
25: SMASHKNG :ganonmelee:

Bracket image: http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8728/kfc2meleesingles.gif

Melee doubles

1: Team UGS (Armada :peachmelee: + Aniolas :sheikmelee:)
2: Team Fresh (Leffen :foxmelee: + Ice :sheikmelee:)
3: Team Poverty (Fuzzyness :foxmelee: + Overtriforce :sheikmelee:)
4: Don't ban DL64 plz (Thomas :jigglypuffmelee: + Wiidl :peachmelee:)
5: FrankerZ og Kappa (Eagle :drmario: + stelzig :sheikmelee:)
5: Baltimore du 59 (Samplay :falcomelee: + Seb :falconmelee:)
7: Askeswag (Askelink :falcomelee: + Taka :falconmelee:)
7: 80% Warm Apple Juice (MikeHaggarKJ :falconmelee: + Beat :falcomelee:)
9: Kanker Lekker (Mahie :foxmelee: + Fays :falcomelee:)
9: Just Kidding (L_Deathnote :falcomelee: + Daisuki :falconmelee:)
9: Together Alone (Navn :foxmelee: + Chansey NES :peachmelee:)
9: Slyfunk (King Funk :falcomelee: + Slynus :jigglypuffmelee:)
13: Chicks with ****s (Ælj :foxmelee: + plufball :falcomelee:)
13: Malmø (VJ :falconmelee: + SK :ganonmelee:)
13: Gyo (Glenn Glenn :foxmelee: + Yoci :falcomelee:)

Bracket image: http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/65/kfc2meleedoubles.gif

Project M singles

1: Armada :pitbrawl: (315.00 kr.)
2: Leffen :lucariobrawl: :snakebrawl: (157.50 kr.)
3: Fuzzyness :lucariobrawl: :falcobrawl: (52.50 kr.)
4: Navn :ikebrawl:
5: Fays :falcobrawl:
5: Mahie :marthbrawl: :foxbrawl:
7: Eagle :snakebrawl:
7: L_Deathnote :falcobrawl:
9: Samplay :falcobrawl:
9: Beat :mariobrawl:
9: Seb :falconbrawl:
9: King Funk :wolfbrawl:
13: Askelink :falcobrawl:
13: Wiidl :ikebrawl:
13: MikeHaggarKJ :falconbrawl:
13: Ælj :sheikbrawl:
17: stelzig :toonlinkbrawl:
17: Yoci :falcobrawl:
17: Chansey NES :nessbrawl:
17: Glenn Glenn :foxbrawl:
17: Taka :sonicbrawl:

Bracket image: http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7435/kfc2pmsingles.gif

Project M doubles

1: Yolo Dash Attack (Leffen :lucariobrawl: :snakebrawl: + Fuzzyness :lucariobrawl:)
2: Team UGS (Armada :pitbrawl: + Aniolas :sheikbrawl:)
3: Kanker Lekker (Mahie :foxbrawl: + Fays :falcobrawl:)
4: Funkzzzz (King Funk :wolfbrawl: + Kukzzzz :peachbrawl:)
5: Baltimore du 59 (Samplay :falcobrawl: + Seb :falconbrawl:)
5: Third Party (Eagle :snakebrawl: + Taka :sonicbrawl:)
7: The Naked Man (MikeHaggarKJ :falconbrawl: + Thomas :jigglypuffbrawl:)
7: Heltar av Noreg (Wiidl :ikebrawl: + Askelink :falcobrawl:)
9: Chicks with ****s (Ælj :sheikbrawl: + plufball :falcobrawl:)
9: Just Kidding (L_Deathnote :falcobrawl: + Daisuki :falconbrawl:)
9: Gyo (Glenn Glenn :foxbrawl: + Yoci :falcobrawl:)
9: **** Beater (Slynus :jigglypuffbrawl: + Beat :mariobrawl:)

Bracket image: http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9559/kfc2pmdoubles.gif

Thank you to all who showed up for a wonderful tournament! ;)

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Theorem:
Iff there are, at any time during a tournament, packages for lenses lying in the sink in the bathroom, then King Funk is attending (or hosting) that tournament.

;) Very good tournament, KF.

Zoler

Smash Ace
CF VJ???????

Goddamn nice, your falcon was really on point when we played on beauty, better than your ganon and fox (IMO), maybe that was what made you try it out? :D

Armada

Smash Lord
Had really fun this tournament =)
Thanks to King Funk for a awesome tournament and I would like to attend the next KFC too!

Aniolas: Awesome to team again!

Over: Great job beating both Ice and Leffen in singles. You proved much this tournament man so keep up the good work.

Everyone else that was there: Thanks for this weekend and I hope to see all of you again soon =)

Flakers: I understand some of you have legit excuses to not make it but smashers in general seems to put themselves on the "confirmed" list to have a spot just in case without thinking what it means for other people. This tournament had a limit on 48 players but only 34 or something showed up. I still had a great time but I think the people that does this (the ones with not a real excuse exc) should think about the rest of the community. Those tournaments is a great chance to see some old friends again and if people take spots but drops out it means less player will be making it in the end. As a TO I can imagine it being kind of a "hopeless" situation cause people don't think more then for a few sec.

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice
This tournament was great, thanks Funk ^^

It was great teaming with you Mahie, just let me up my game in melee and we'll beat team UGS soon!

Thanks for all the matches and chillings everyone.

Lots of shame for the flakers, I'm not going to spend more words on that subject.

Also, I understand when you trashtalk when someone plays a melee character in P:M. But please, it gets sort of dumb after 3 hours =P. I didn't even know the bloody moveset of my opponents X_X.

Xoxo - Fays

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Yooo i did not know that over still played .-.
He's been attending pretty much every European tournament in the past year. He's never been so active :p

Flakers: I understand some of you have legit excuses to not make it but smashers in general seems to put themselves on the "confirmed" list to have a spot just in case without thinking what it means for other people. This tournament had a limit on 48 players but only 34 or something showed up. I still had a great time but I think the people that does this (the ones with not a real excuse exc) should think about the rest of the community. Those tournaments is a great chance to see some old friends again and if people take spots but drops out it means less player will be making it in the end. As a TO I can imagine it being kind of a "hopeless" situation cause people don't think more then for a few sec.
This times 1000000.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Yeah, great tournament. Despite placing relatively worse than at KFC1 (and this time losing to navn), I was alot more satisfied with how I played at this. As do I think most of the danes feel (Eagle during pools is the best i've ever seen him play I think. Based on those sets, there's no doubt in my mind he's best in Denmark right now). Still need to get alot better in melee though and learn how to play project M, lol (thanks for telling me about that glidetossing in the air btw fuzzy. That makes toon link alot better man :D)

Fays: It wasn't just a melee character, it was falco :@ :p

Edit: So sad I didn't meet armada in tournament so I could use the BIKE tag though :(

Beat!

Smash Master
Awesome tournament.

Aside from doing pretty well vs Over (at least game 2 and 3 hahaha), I'm not very satisfied with my performance. It seems like my month-long break took a greater toll than I initially felt it would. Definitely gonna start practicing harder now.

Shoutout to King Funk for not only hosting a great tournament, but also stepping it up a great deal since last time. I underestimated you completely, a mistake I won't be doing again. I know you were talking about taking a break from this game, but I hope you decide to come back quickly (partly because I want you to be in good shape when we play our rematch haha. That MM we played doesn't count at all).

Shoutouts to suits. Y'all better follow Aniolas' and my initiative. European tourneys gonna be looking mad fresh in the future.

Shoutouts to everyone else for being awesome (I'm lazy lol).

Edit: Almost forgot; shoutout to Marth's NTSC dair. Satisfactory on a near-orgasmic level.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, nice stuff to King Funk for hosting this.

Armada is too good (and I like the haircut).

Aniolas was looking so fresh in his suit. I was like, "Wooow. I'm going to start wearing suits to big tourneys now."

Good stuff indeed. Looking forward to perusing the stream videos at greater length.

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Great tournament. I feel like I improved a ton, and I've started adding a bunch of new things to my game that helped me a lot. I'm definitely a lot more optimistic about improving after this tournament.

A couple of things that need to be said:

Organization
First of all, thanks to everyone who helped with the little things at the tournament. Keeping track of pool results, updating the stream, making sure you got your matches played right away... It goes a long way to help the tournament experience. I actually think people were really good at this in general.

King Funk, I think you did a fantastic job overall with hosting the tournament. You're usually hesistant to take the initiative, so yeah, you did well. There was a couple of things you could've sorted out in advance though, which would probably have made the tournament run a bit smoother (telling people to start playing their bracket matches and then changing the bracket was really unfortunate though) It went fairly smooth all things considered though, so good job.

I'd recommend you write down a bunch of things that need to be said and done at the tournament for next time, though. Things like telling people where to throw their garbage, where they can sleep, rules for using the kitchen, etc. Some of these things may seem like common sense, but honestly, you shouldn't rely too much on that. Which brings me to my next point...

Cleaning up after yourself
I know I just said you shouldn't rely too much on common sense, but some people were seriously bad at cleaning up at this tournament. C'mon people -- don't leave dirty dishes in the kitchen and expect people to clean up after you. You're not kids anymore, show some responsibility and clean up after yourselves. Likewise, throw out your garbage right away instead of leaving it on the floor for later. I found a couple of cigarette buds inside while cleaning up. That's just disgusting.

Thanks to people who did clean up after themselves; thanks to people who helped clean up on the final day (you know who you are, I thanked you personally); hell, thanks to people who were resourceful enough to use shopping bags for your trash, that speeds up the cleaning process by a lot.

Anyway!

Shoutouts to:

All the Danes that showed up, helping to keep our dying community going:

Navn - I loved our P:M friendlies, your Ike is pretty swag. Please don't give up on Melee though. Your set with Samplay was really good, I felt like it could've gone either way. ****ing Falco combos lol

stelzig - :frankerZ: NTSC Melee is the ****. You did work in teams.

Tomber - Shame you couldn't be there for the bracket. You could've cracked some skulls with those hammers.

Kukzzzz - Seriously dude, you keep improving and you'll be the best in no time. Shame you weren't really warmed up for the tourney.

Chansey - We didn't actually play all that much at this tourney. I owe you 5kr. I think you should stick with Peach, you're a lot better with her IMO.

King Funk - as I already said, you did a good job hosting. Sounds like you played pretty well overall, too.

Oskar - Next time, show up instead of getting sick, haha. Thanks for helping out with TVs and stuff though.

And all you international players, who made this tournament amazing: thank you!

Aniolas: Swag suit. I never got to play you though, which was a shame.

Armada: Thanks for the friendlies and grats on winning for the 9257th time, haha. I'm starting to get the hang of the Peach match-up, which is really cool; it makes a huge difference when you play the match-up the right way.

Over: Grats on taking 2nd, you played your ****ing heart out. You're also really fun to play friendlies with, especially when you pseudo chain grab me in PAL, haha.

Leffen: I really enjoyed our bracket set and the seriouslies we played. I need to stop dropping combos vs. Fox as Dr. Mario. While we both think Samus sucks, I don't think she's as gimmicky as you claim she is. But I did get lucky and take a game, haha.

Daisuki: You did work vs. Ice, and I definitely think you surprised a lot of people. We had a little talk and you seem like a super cool guy. Shame I didn't get to play you. Thanks for the help with cleaning up the venue.

Mahie: We had some really good games, there's really not much else to say. I think we're right around the same skill level, so we should definitely play some more friendlies next time we meet.

Fays:
Fays said:
Also, I understand when you trashtalk when someone plays a melee character in P:M. But please, it gets sort of dumb after 3 hours =P. I didn't even know the bloody moveset of my opponents X_X.
I agree, and I was definitely one of those people, so I apologize. It's not like a lot of people have a P:M copy available to practice with in the first place. So yeah, sorry for spilling all that SALT on you. The fact of the matter is that you played really well in P:M, so congrats on placing well! You're still the honorary Dane.

Seb: GGs in bracket, you also seemed like a really cool guy. I think you played the match-up pretty well against me, and Dreamland was definitely a really good counterpick for you. The trade-off is that your dthrow -> knee doesn't kill me outright, so like I said to you after the set, be sure to just get out there and edgeguard! Doc has a ridiculous ledge sweetspot, so it's hard to hit him if he just grabs the edge.

Thomas: I really enjoyed our 'serious' set. I consider Jigglypuff to be one of my better match-ups, and I think it showed. The other Danes were really impressed with how well you played. Keep it up.

Fuzzyness: You're always super talkative, so it's a pleasure to have you around at tournaments. Sorry about the LEMON SODA SCARE on the final day, haha. I wanted to play you in singles but never got around to it. We had a pretty good doubles bracket set, though.

Taka: I enjoyed teaming with you in P:M. I think we actually ended up having some pretty good synergy in the later matches, Sonic + Snake was definitely a fun team lol.

Ice: I never got to play you at this tournament. Next tourney we're at, I definitely want to play you. I consider myself pretty good at the Sheik match-up, and we had some really close matches at Smasher's Reunion. I'd like to beat you for once, haha.

VJ: Du taler så fandens godt dansk. Glad you could make it, you're always super fun to have around. I am also very interested in seeing more of your Falcon.

Stivo: We only talked briefly, but it was cool that you showed up. You're like almost Danish, so I'd definitely like to see you at future Danish tournaments!

Daisuki

Smash Rookie
This is probably one of the best torunaments i've ever been. Special thanks to Funk and the local pple there, i know organizing a tornament of this size is not an easy task.

It's been awesome to be able to stay with all of you people this weekend, i really had a lot of hyped moments.

Congratz Armada, everyone here knows you deserved it. Also it's been so fun playing some games with you.
Over, you deserve more than anyone that second palce, gz man.
Fuzzy, it's been so funny to be playing with u again, u rock dude, hope u'll make it to spain :D
You broke me ice with your sheik, i'll better train if I want to do something against you next time. Also, tnx for those CF dittos. Good job in the tournament as well.
Good job in the turnament Leffen.
Both Maye and Samplay, it was so awesome playing wth you, i had so much fun there. Congratz for your place. I can't wait to play u again.
For all the Sweden people, u are all awesome, i really had so much fun with you.
It was nice to see u again Marius, hope we'll meet again soon.

It's so bad that we only where 33 smashers playing the tournament, but even still i think this tournament worthed it.

If u need more Smash in your veins, make sure to come to the next Spanish National Tournament the first weekend of november :D:D:D Hope to see u there!

Jonas

Smash Champion
Aniolas was looking so fresh in his suit. I was like, "Wooow. I'm going to start wearing suits to big tourneys now."
Shoutouts to suits. Y'all better follow Aniolas' and my initiative. European tourneys gonna be looking mad fresh in the future.
Seriously, someone should host, like, a tournament with a suit dresscode. Show up in a suit or they won't let you through the door. It'd be the freshest thing ever. Hell, I might even show up at such an event just to experience it even though I stopped playing.

leffen

Smash Champion
This **** was gooooood

Disappointed in my performance obviously, but I'm gonna channel all my salt and come back much stronger for next time. Just wait!

Shoutouts:

Armada: Sorry I let Sweden down D: Next time you won't get lucky 4 games in a row either ^^

Aniolas: Dat swag. I love your sportsmanship in particular, its really exceptional.

Over: Good stuff man, I'm lucky to have another rival to compete with in europe. You won't stand a chance next time though :D
I'll try to give you some help in the peach matchup next time, I saw a few flaws that you could work on.
Easily one of the best Sheiks in the world at the spacies match up, keep it up.

Ice: Sorry about how **** I played in GF teams, we definitely got them next time. GGs in bracket though. Oh and shoutouts to you and Stivo for the walk of destiny, that bomb double bacon cheeseburger was amazing!

Fuzzy: Good stuff in P:M Doubles haha, we in there. We should play more friendlies next time in PM/Melee though.

also sweden's got PM on lock and we barely even play it, get @ us :D

Funk: YOLO FOOTDIVE

Mahie: You got dat potential dude, you just need to calm down some and work on your BNBs and you're gonna go really far man. Just ask whenever if you want some help, i'm definitely down to help the EU scene improve.

Samplay: See Mahie haha *lazy*

Daisuki: Don't be so humble :D You're good man, I think one of your main problems is not having enough confidence in yourself.

Eagle: Keep on improving dude, I'd be really happy if we got some Scandinavian competition going

Fays: You'll go far if you just stay hungry dude :D oh and next time im going out with you guys lmao

Mikehaggar: I think you already know how awful I think your commentary is, but it seriously hit a new low this tournament. Seriously trying to thrash talk me during tournament matches to make me play worse both on stream and right behind me is just imho way more deserving of a ban than anything I've done. I don't believe that it even worked, but for everyone watching, I'm sorry that my and Mikehaggars little internet drama made you suffer through that commentary. I tried to leave it out of my commentary, but as I said Mikehaggar could NEVER leave his huge ego out of his commentary and sadly he proved it again this tournament.

Also, you get last place at the tournament while playing ****tons with the best player in the world and you still claim to have "great game knowledge" and "to just choke"? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you scrub

Tomber

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad that you guys liked the event. Funk has worked really hard to get everything up and running, and he did a really nice job IMO.
I had to leave early, so I couldn't participate in any of the tournaments, which I think is a little sad even though I had a great weekend anyway. I had an awesome time while being there.

Eagle: Thanks for housing me. I would probably not have been going if it wasn't for that.

Funk: Again, really nice job on the tournament. Looking forward to the next KFC.

Armada: This time I got to play a lot of friendlies with you which I appreciate. I'm getting a better idea of how to play the match up, so hopefully I'll take some games off you next time.

Leffen: Good games. I think I played better against you this time, but you beat like nearly every time anyway, so yeah. I'll get you next time. (Btw, if you're willing to help the EU scene then I'd gladly appreciate any advice on how to improve, haha)

Over: You were probably the person I played the most with during my time being there and I enjoyed every match. You seems to be a great guy so hopefully I'll see you at future tournaments. Damn, the ICs Vs. Sheik match up is horrible for Sheik, haha. Grats on 2nd, btw.

Samplay/Mahie: You guys doing work in bracket. Thanks for some of the tournament's most entertaining sets. I think you have a lot of potential so keep going. You really need to pratice some of the more silly match ups, though (ICs, Kirby, Puff).

Fays: Cool guy. You've improved a lot since last I played you. See ya around.

Fuzzy: Play some more Melee. I'll win my money back next time.

Guys in suits: Nice suits.

Lastly, while I had nothing against the commentary, I think we/you can do much better. The "6 guys, 1 mic" thing didn't really work that well during bracket IMO. Maybe I'm just not into that kind of humor, dunno. The stream sound could have been better too.

Yay, Denmark.

leffen

Smash Champion
Sure thing, Tomber. I'll make sure to watch some of your matches next time we're at the same tournament and give you some tips. I'll see if I got time to do some online match critique, but I'm probably worse at doing that than good ICs players.

Atm your weakness is imo clearly your SoPo game (either when being separated or when nana's dead). This probably comes from you being able to wobble thus taking focus away from the basics when playing mosts players your level. Watch some of Chu's matches again, and take some notes maybe?

Overall I think you just need to get realize that most good (but not really familiar with the IC matchup) players are constantly gonna sit at that level 2yomi level (aka doing the thing that has the least chance of getting you grabbed but leaves you vulnerable to many other tactics) so you just need to exploit this more (and also be better prepared for when they start fighting this and become vulnerable to grabs)

If there are more hungry people out there who really want to improve, then I'd love to help. I really feel like Europe's Top players are heavily lacking in how they help the newer players (I certainly felt/feel this myself!) so I'm putting myself up to the task of helping the ones who really want to improve. Feel free to message me here or on Facebook if you feel like you're interested.

and yeah, I also really hated the 6 man commentary thing. I often left the commentary when others wanted to in order for it not to be too crowded, but most people didn't seem to care for this while others were commentating which also led to me doing this a tad too much. I think Funk/whoevers organizing the stream should really have a 2 man limit, and then control whos getting on or off, so it doesn't get this messy.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Lastly, while I had nothing against the commentary, I think we/you can do much better. The "6 guys, 1 mic" thing didn't really work that well during bracket IMO. Maybe I'm just not into that kind of humor, dunno. The stream sound could have been better too.

Yay, Denmark.
No worries I got future plans for that, we already have very high audio qualtiy equipment but im working on getting perfect video streaming gear now

expect some **** 2013 quality from me <3 sp00ky uk!

WIDL

We Are Born
So much trashtalk about me doing random **** with Ike... no respect? No respect for the underdog. Oh well. :(

Loved the tournament. I could've done better of course, but it's cool. I had a fever during singles, but I think I did pretty good despite that. Askelink was feeling worse than me, and he did amazing!

Some shoutouts:

Fuzzy: http://images2.fanpop.com/image/polls/500000/500591_1280093703381_full.jpg that is all.

leffen: Good **** in every tournaments, and despite nametag issues and choking left and right, I really enjoyed playing you in the P:M tourney.

Beat!: gutted I lost to you in P:M after I three-stocked you the first match. Your Mario is pretty good though, good job! :p

King Funk: You are really cool. Every tournament ran pretty smoothly except for the 1 or 2 hour delay in singles. P:M singles did take a while as well, but no rush. I liked the venue, and the hosting. Really cool dude. I'll definitely take another trip to Denmark.

Armada: rusty? how about no. Get 'em americans at Apex! I wish my Peach was as good as yours. Me and Askelink playing you and Aniolas to 2-1 in P:M-teams was kinda mind-blowing for me though. :)

Aniolas: well played. I thought I had a legit chance after 1-0, but you brought it back bigtime! Good **** on beating Thomas as well.

Thomas: I think you did really well, even though you were disappointed with 9th. At least we got 4th in teams. Peach/Puff is really cool. You'll get top 5 the next time. ;)

MikeHaggar: DESPERATE DOWNSMÄSH.

Askelink&Taka: Askeswag. Taka, you gotta step it up in P:M, so much potential! Askelink, weeeell done in singles despite feeling pretty ill!

Ælj: Let's get drunk on the boat again, shall we? Good times, good times.

Probably left out some people, lol.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for coming everyone. I had fun, except when i had to clean up infinity dishes at the end, digging through dissolved, smelly food to get to the bottom of the sink. REALLY? Learn to clean up your own ****. Not just for my sake, but for your own. You can contract serious diseases this is how you treat hygiene (nonspecific cause i guess people know who they are.)

I feel pretty burned out when it comes to melee, but luckily i'm still quite interested in P:M.

Ike beats D3, peace.

Top Bottom