• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl in the Hall Returns Results!!!!

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
First off before I post anything I want to thank everyone who came to my tournament this weekend. Without you guys the great time we had would not have been possible and I love you all. I especially want to thank all the people that helped me out so much during the tournament including Ttar, Mister Eric, S2, Forward Air, and Smile. Well I'll stop being all sentimental now and just post what you came here to see:) let's make the next Brawl in the Hall even better guys!

Doubles:
8 teams

1: S2's big booty (SP, Ralph) ($94.00) :metaknight:,:snake:
2: Bubble Guppies (S2 and Kero) ($46.00) :dk2:,:olimar:
3: Nuts n' Bolts (Smile, Mister Eric) ($20.00) :diddy: :falco: :metaknight:, :rob:
4: Daddy ate my fries (Sombra, Chris) :diddy:, :falco:
5: Intense Betas (Hael, Nova) :pikachu2: :metaknight: :rob:, :marth:
5: Spiky Dildos (Fatty + Fair Rage) :marth:, :metaknight:
7: Team (Amida, Tomb)
7: Feed me yo' kids (Metaflair, Blindman) :metaknight:, :lucario:

Singles:
24 entrants

1: KERO ($115) :olimar:
2: The Smile ($53) :diddy: :metaknight:
3: Ralph Cecil ($33) :snake:
4: Soldier 2 ($20) :dk2:
5: Shadow Phoenix ($10) :metaknight:
5: Hoboz ($10) :kirby2:
7: Mister Eric :rob:
7: Forward Air :yoshi2:
9: amida :snake:
9: Blindman :metaknight: :lucario:
9: jacob :marth:
9: Chris :falco:
13: Hael Phael :pikachu2:
13: The Real Fatty :metaknight: :dedede:
13: Ttar :wario:
13: Sam :olimar:
17: Earl :marth:
17: Sombra :diddy:
17: Fury :ike:
17: Metaflair :metaknight:
17: Snorlax :pit:
17: tomb
17: Shadow the past :gw:
17: Nova9 :marth:

Once again thanks to everyone who showed up for this it was a great tournament and I hope to keep giving you all a good time at these events. Until next time :)

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
That tourney was fantastic! Hael, you did an incredibly good job running the tourney so efficiently. It was very enjoyable.

Shoutouts

KERO: Pfft... second in doubles? What the hell is wrong with you, burdening your partner like that?

The Smile: Man, good **** getting second! Your Diddy is really good. Honestly, I got really lucky with some of the Pikmin Rockets during our sets.

Ralph Cecil: If you could get over being distracted by noise during sets, you could definitely win tournaments. Your Snake is very impressive and quite honestly, I was really scared of running into you during the tournament.

S2: Thanks for being such an amazing doubles partner. Sorry about not doing so well myself (like I said, I'm terrible at doubles). Good job getting forth and all. Ggs. Oh, and I believe that I have your controller. I'll be busy next Saturday, but I can message you my address if you want to pick it up sometime during the week.

SP: Good job getting 5th. Good games. That trip was so stupid, though -_-,

Hoboz: Good job getting 5th. Ggs, you did really well on Delfino!

Mister Eric: Too bad that we didn't get to play outside of doubles =( Great seeing you again, though

Forward Air: Your Yoshi is good. Your spacing is phenomenal! If we see each other at another tourney, I'll help you with the Olimar MU some more.

Amida: Good games! For only four tournaments, you're already pretty damn good! I hope to see you at more!

Blindman: I had fun during our friendlies.

jacob: I don't believe that we met. I could be remembering wrong, though.

Chris: I don't believe that we met. I could be remembering wrong, though.

Hael Phael: Again, really well-run tournament. I really enjoyed it, and it was great seeing you again. I can't wait until the next Brawl in the Hall! Good job beating
Sombra by the way.

The Real Fatty: I didn't really meet you.

TTar: Sorry that we never got to have any friendlies =/

Sam: Holy crap, another Olimar player! You're pretty decent, too. I hope to see you at more tourneys; we need to bring this state back to its former state of Olimar country.

Earl: Sorry to hear about your bad luck in bracket =/

Sombra: Good games. Also, you did really well game 2; I was legitimately scared after that to be completely honest.

Fury: Good games.

Metaflair: Thanks for all the support! Also, I'd be happy to talk about stuff Majora's Mask related any time.

Snorlax: I do not believe that I met you.

Tomb: I do not believe that I met you.

Shadow the Past: I do not believe that I met you.

Nova9: Good games. Your Marth definitely has potential, and I'd definitely like to see you at more tourneys in the future.

Lexington: Sorry about knocking three of you guys into losers =/ Although, four of us got into the top five, so good job guys!

Also, I found a purple controller left by someone. I gave it to Hael, so he has it if that belongs to anyone.

Anyway, again, fantastic tournament, and I'm really surprised that I won to be honest. I really enjoyed myself.

Oh, and thanks Juushichi and Kassandra ^_^ Lol @ Composer.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Ermehgerd, sherterts

3: Ralph Cecil ($33) :snake: Yay you got moneys
5: Shadow Phoenix ($10) :metaknight: Great Metaknight. Wish I hadn't SD'd game 2, almost got a clutch comeback though. Thanks for the meta tips, though.
7: Mister Eric :rob: Only like my second time playing you. I can't get those nairs in :( Good games though
9: amida :snake: Saw some of your snake (I think I played your side characters?). Good stuff.
9: jacob :marth: Played with you a lot, give me a shout when you and I are at another tourney together and we can do doubles. :)
9: Chris :falco: Nifty falco, I think you sided as Ike too. Good ****, although I'm salty about my losses in pools :p
13: Hael Phael :pikachu2: Enjoyed the tournament! We didn't get to play much, haha
13: The Real Fatty :metaknight: :dedede: I'm so bad at MK dittos lol
13: Ttar :wario: Nice Wario, I might try picking him up here soon. You completely shut out my G&W. Very nice early waft kills too.
13: Sam :olimar: I regret playing G&W against you in friendlies haha, you learned all my gimmicks before we even played in bracket. Couldn't switch to MK cause you 3 stocked me the time I did haha. Good **** nonetheless, enjoyed playing you.
17: Fury :ike: Were you with Chris? If so, good ****.
17: Metaflair :metaknight: Didn't get to play you, but enjoyed your creepypasta stories at like midnight lmao
17: Snorlax :pit: Don't be so salty :( You'll get better, just gotta be determined!
17: Nova9 :marth: Enjoyed playing you at the end. I like your grab release -> upsmash gimmicks with marth.

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
First of all, I would like to just admit that I am the most INCONSISTENT player I know. I can play very well in one game, and then just completely tank in another. And I have to stop self-destructing! If I just played at my top level all the time, I think I would be a serious contender. That is exactly what I am going to work on!

I hate leaving a tournament feeling like my results don't represent my playing ability. Next time it will not be this way!

As for shoutouts:

KERO: I always enjoy playing you. I rarely get to play against Olimar, so I'm not too fond of the matchup. I honestly think I played the best I did all day during our second game. Next time I won't take you to Castle Siege. In hindsight, not a good move. Congratulations on winning!

Smile: I was completely unprepared to face such a competent Diddy! I was really hoping to play you more after pools, especially because of my self-destructs that happened in our first match. Next tournament, though, we should play more. I'm not as free as our pool games would make me out to be! Anyway, good job on the placement.

Ralph Cecil: We always have close games, man! It seems that Snake always seems to hang just long enough for me not to land the killing blow. We were both in kill percentages on the third stock, you just hung on a little bit longer! I need to work on effectively killing him! Like I said to Smile, I would like to play more next time. Good job, though!

SP: I'm pretty sure we didn't even play any singles games... As for our doubles matches, though... they were really good games! You know, had I not thrown the grab lock we had on the second game, we would've had to play a third game--stupid mistakes! Good job on the great placement!

Mister Eric: We only played in doubles--that's sad. I would've like to play you more. We always have pretty intense and close games! It was nice seeing you again, buddy.

Amida: You were the red Snake player, right? You play a funky Snake; he's difficult to navigate around! I enjoyed our games, though I would've like to have met you in bracket! I hope to see you at more tournaments!

Hael: Wow, honestly, I didn't think you were going to beat me, but your Pikachu really came out of nowhere! You simply outplayed me! I have ZERO Pikachu matchup experience, so hopefully we can play more. It was an intense set. Watch out if we meet in brackets again, though! ;-)

Sam: the Olimar player?! Between you and Kero I definitely had plenty of Olimar practice. I think you'll definitely figure out the Diddy/Olimar matchup. Diddy is never easy to handle! I enjoyed our games.

Sombra: what are you doing down here?! You are better than this--at least, I think you are. No: you suck!

Shadow the Past: I think we played some friendlies! They were good games! I always enjoy playing new people!

Nova9: It was great playing you in pools and friendlies! You really pulled out some clutch wins against me in pool; it really shocked me! Our friendlies were a lot of fun. I hope you found practicing against my Diddy, Kirby, and Wolf to be beneficial! You seem like a really cool fellow, so I hope to see you again! And if your Marth keeps getting better, then you can definitely be a top player! First tournaments are always a neat experience.

Thank you for hosting these tournaments. Without them I would probably all but dissipate from the smash scene. Since the last time I played most of you guys, you all got so much better! Really, Kentucky is full of top-level players! I wasn't prepared for you guys this time!

~ Sombra ~

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
1: KERO ($115) :olimar: - I'm not even mad we had to play -again-. As bad as that match-up is, I might as well just learn the match-up instead of focusing on the win at this point with you. You know, maybe going slow isn't as painful as I thought it'd be. Kind of use to the 7-8 min game at Delfino. Maybe eventually I'll grow masochistic and enjoy playing you. :p

3: Ralph Cecil ($33) :snake: - I wish I got game 1, that was too close and too badass of a comeback to not feel salty for not getting. Super GGs though.

4: Soldier 2 ($20) :dk: - Don't worry man, I'll always believe in that DK.

5: Shadow Phoenix ($10) :metaknight: - You had to spend all that money you won on Denny's. I blame Earl.

5: Hoboz ($10) :kirby2: - Swag Kirby you got there. :kirby:

7: Mister Eric :rob: - Should have played you. Don't know why not.

7: Forward Air :yoshi2: - Fun times, good thing I learned that Yoshi match-up at the right time. GGs, and remember that Kirby's airspeed is bad.

9: amida :snake: - Work that Snake, its decent, but really basic. Good Friendlies though.

9: Chris :ike: - Less F-Smash/moves on that Falco. Kirby has a good tool to punish over-use of moves. Sorry if I sounded really pissy during our game. This game alternates between frustrating and such for me.

13: Ttar :wario: - I thought you really were going to beat me before we started, but those 2 stocks were even more surprising. We need to practice more at SP's place. Maybe later next weekend.

17: Earl :marth: - WHY DID YOU BUY STEAK AND SHRIMP AND NOT EAT IT FULLY! Such a waste of food and money. :<

17: Snorlax :pit: - You seem kinda new. Work on your defensive game, shielding and punishing on shield is even more important than any AT in the game.

17: tomb :random: - ...Same as above, I had an easy time punching that defense of yours. It was fun though, also, who was your main? Was it Wario or Kirby, or Ness?

17: Shadow the past :gw: - I think I only played one friendly with you. I think I still 2-stocked you, but you did adjust quickly by using Up-B to escape my punish, that was good. Props on that much.

First time getting legit money. I'm down with that. Guess cooling off makes more of a difference than I thought, wouldn't have gotten 5th if I didn't otherwise.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
KERO: Good *** winning. And I wish that first game of ours had been recorded, because of that 2nd stock ;D

The Smile: Ggs in the MM. Sorry I dunno the Diddy MU like, at all, so I couldn't help you much with it.

Ralph Cecil: Ggs, and thanks for teaming with me. We should do doubles again next time, we've got great synergy. And don't worry, I'll get you next time ;D

S2: Good **** getting 4th. And you're right, doubles was stupid.

SP: Yo, 1st and 5th? You're getting better. Keep it up.

Hoboz: Good job getting 5th, you're improving a lot.

Mister Eric: Man, our sets are always way too close. Ggs though.

Forward Air: Yoshi -_- Ggs though, really

Blindman: Ggs, sorry about going MK game 2, but I'm not staying Falco on Frigate. Ggs though :D

Hael Phael: Yo, thanks for running this thing. It was great. Although I never got the hug I was promised for winning doubles.

TTar: Yo, MK is dumb. Also, I'm always thinkin' about you, even when I'm with my boo. ;D

Earl: Yo Earl, stick with just Marth. The fact that you got all the reads you did indicates that you can do it. You just lack the timing and spacing needed, because you're inexperienced. Just stick with him.

Sombra: God Sombra, I'm still really sorry about what happened in doubles :/

Metaflair: Yo you can get things hype!

Snorlax: Ggs in pools.

Tomb: Ggs in pools.

Shadow the Past: Fun games, and your G&W scared me. Don't worry though, I'll be working on that MU for next time.

Nova9: Hey Nova, Ggs. Your Marth definitely has potential, just needs to iron some of the kinks out. But you'll be great before long.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I had a really fun time at this, and I'd love to help you run the next one, Hael!

1: KERO ($115) - So, your first time taking first, huh? Congrats man, you really are one of the craziest players out there!

2: The Smile ($53) - You've gotten really good! I was hoping to play you, but I never got to. Congrats on second!

3: Ralph Cecil ($33) - Thanks to you and your godlike Snake, I got a free meal at Denny's. So thanks, and congrats on third!

4: Soldier 2 ($20) - throw more meteors

5: Shadow Phoenix ($10) - when it comes to the character select screen, you're the best player I know!

5: Hoboz ($10) - congrats on 5th, reppin' dat Lexington

7: Mister Eric - our set in pools was probably the most intense set I've played in a while. Good job starting up the "hype"

9: jacob - pretty good Marth, hope to see you at future events!

9: Chris - ggs in pools

13: Hael Phael - thanks for running this great event!

13: The Real Fatty - ggs in pools

13: Ttar - you need to learn a legit secondary for D3

17: Earl - stick with one character, it'll help!

17: Sombra - thanks for coming out! Hope to see you again

17: Metaflair - you truly are a master of bringing hype

17: Shadow the past - ggs in pools

17: Nova9 - was this your first tournament? It's always great to have new people. Hope to see you again!

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
hey thanks guys for having me I had a blast :)

1: KERO ($115) :olimar: hey man nice olimar thank u for the friendlys and the advice I promise to give you a better battle next time :)

2: The Smile ($53) :diddy: :metaknight: I enjoyed our pool matches :) congrats on second

3: Ralph Cecil ($33) :snake: we never got to play for some reason :(

4: Soldier 2 ($20) :dk2: you seemed kind of arrogant like you knew was top dog or something, I like it. I look forward to playing you again soon.

5: Shadow Phoenix ($10) :metaknight: I can't believe u didn't remember me :(

5: Hoboz ($10) :kirby2: had no idea there was a legit Kirby there. wish we had played.

7: Mister Eric :rob: yo man thanks for the Rob practice and ALL the advice given I'm going to use it all and maybe come back and give you da penis? maybe :(

7: Forward Air :yoshi2: I like your yoshi your spacing is very good. I wish he had got to play a serious set though I think we was sand bagging each other too hard in that friendly

9: amida :snake: nice snake man

9: Blindman :metaknight: :lucario: I don't think we played :/

9: jacob :marth: yo nice marth we should have played more dittos :)

9: Chris :falco: hey ggs man I'm going to get you next time.

13: Hael Phael :pikachu2: hey dude u threw a awesome tourney I was very happy and I hope you don't still feel bad about doubles suicides happen but u better cut it out next time or ima pinch your elbows. and if I go to retribution we should team there too. and thanks for ALL the friendlys and advice.

13: The Real Fatty :metaknight: :dedede: we didn't play :(

13: Ttar :wario: neither did we

13: Sam :olimar: or we

17: Earl :marth: are you the other black guy? we should have played

17: Sombra :diddy: thanks for all the diddy practice I learned alot from it honestly and don't feel bad you'll get better. as will I and well have a much better brawl next go around.

17: Fury :ike: hey man don't be discouraged keep practicing and take mister Eric's advice since he's kinda good.

17: Metaflair :metaknight: I don't think we played :/

17: Snorlax :pit: we def didn't play.

17: tomb you were in the wrong pool :)

17: Shadow the past :gw: ggs at the end there learned alot.

17: Nova9 :marth: I mean honestly what did u expect? coming from a place where you have no one to practice with? you saw your mistakes and what can be improved right? well work on it take everyone's advice come back next time and rep Tennessee like a champ.

:phone:

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
Zinoto lurking anyway time for my shoutouts

1: KERO ($115) Finally you won one of these. Always great to hang out man way to rep KP like a champ.

2: The Smile ($53) I can't believe you went mk tsk tsk oh well Nice job getting 2nd bro you were on point.

3: Ralph Cecil ($33) Man gotta block out that noise but you were great nonetheless good stuff winning dubz.

4: Soldier 2 ($20) I'll get you next time :)

5: Shadow Phoenix ($10) Good games man I appreciate you coming out and don't shine thunder 2 it's just not fun for anyone

7: Mister Eric beep

7: Forward Air Almost in that money bro

9: amida Nice snake man I was pretty spent after my set with sombra so I don't think you got a good representation of me but we'll play again soon enough

9: Blindman Dude you're blind good stuff getting 9th

9: jacob Man your marth seriously shut me down i gotta take a step back and try that again another time

9: Chris I think the only time we met was in doubles good games dude

13: Hael Phael Get better.

13: The Real Fatty MAN got first seed in his pool this guy's too legit

13: Ttar This man is teh best TO assistant period <3

13: Sam Dude nice olimar we'll have to play again some other time

17: Earl Good games in pools bro

17: Sombra Man that set had me shaking more than anything, I'll see you again at the next one

17: Fury Jaden thanks for coming I know you probably won't see this but it was good to have you there

17: Metaflair WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

17: Snorlax Best pit NA

17: tomb I didn't get to play you so I have no idea what to say here, thanks for coming to my tourney :)

17: Shadow the past I enjoyed your presence I hope you had fun.

17: Nova9 Dude If I hadn't sded we'd have been so much better i'll hit you up some time but I think i'm teaming with Ralph Cecil for retribution.

To close this out I just wanna say, thank you to everyone for coming. I couldn't have these tourneys if it wasn't for you and I appreciate all of you.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
1: KERO ($115) GGs in doubles and congrats on first. :D I wish we could've played in tourney or something. :o
2: The Smile ($53) That Greenup bracket lol.
3: Ralph Cecil ($33) Get used to noises, or be more assertive when people try to be loud. :I
4: Soldier 2 ($20) GGs in doubles and singles. :D I guess I should've banned YI against you, but DP was scarrier to me for some reason lol. :o
5: Shadow Phoenix ($10) GGs in pools and singles. I was really worried about that loser's set after we had played some friendlies and I lost game 1. :I
5: Hoboz ($10) GGs in pools lol. After that first game almost comeback stuff someone had to be salty by the end of it lol.
7: Mister Eric GGs in doubles. :o I think this is one of the only tournaments we haven't played friendlies or anything at. o_o
7: Forward Air Greenup in pools and winner's. :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
9: Blindman GGs in your face! OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9: Chris I'm not sure if you were Sombras partner in dubs or not, but if you were GGs ^_^ I know how he stays good now.
13: Hael Phael Great tournament and good job beating Sombra. :o Don't stay up the night before the next tournament. :D
13: The Real Fatty That first seed status. :D Pretty hype game 3 against Eric lol.
13: Ttar Thanks for helping Phael run the bracket. Also I don't think we've played before. :o
17: Sombra GGs in doubles and singles. I'm sry that we forgot about team attack for our first set. :I Also this placement just seems so wrong for how good you were doing at this. D:
17: Metaflair Thanks for making random matches hype lol. Also thanks for story time. :D
17: Snorlax You said you would play at 9:30 and you weren't there. ಠ_ಠ Also don't worry about how you did in pools. I think this might have been the worst pool for you to be in as far as the player you had to play against goes. Don't get so down next time. :o
17: tomb GGs in pools(?) not sure if i'm thinking of you or not. That Captain Falcon lol. I could tell you knew a bit about the Snake mu with him. :p
17: Shadow the past :D
17: Nova9 Yeah I was wanting to play against you. D: Maybe next time your down here we can play. :D

Great tournament. :D Need to get over loud noises and start punishing things as soon as I notice them. :x

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
@MI - I sorry, i was just one hit away from advancing in Losers and I had the capabilities to beat anyone there. I'll be better focused next time.

@ Ralph - What I used to do Ralph was find ways to distract myself while playing wifi. Like play something obnoxious in my ear, or not close my door in my room so I could hear background noises. Maybe that would help?

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
17: Sombra GGs in doubles and singles. I'm sry that we forgot about team attack for our first set. :I Also this placement just seems so wrong for how good you were doing at this. D:

..... yeah, it seems wrong to me, too. Like I said in my shoutouts: I am an inconsistent player. I believe I have the ability to be top-level, but I first need to be consistent.

I enjoyed our bracket games, though I wish we could have played more. I am not fond of Snake,so I need to play him more! I'll be back next tournament, and I will be better!

Chris was, indeed, my teammate, and he is very good! Ike is his main, and his favorite (he only uses Falco when it's a terrible matchup for Ike) character. I'm sure he'll be back, too!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
4: Soldier 2 ($20) GGs in doubles and singles. :D I guess I should've banned YI against you, but DP was scarrier to me for some reason lol. :o
I read this as Distant Planet and OH BOY you don't wanna play me there I will end you. I will end you regardless but good games and such.

Shoutouts to Hael for runnin great tourney. Good job getting first Kero it's about freaking time and you did well in doubles until I was relying on you to beat a Snake lmao. Good job not losing to ROB like you always freaking do SP and good job driving and buying steaks. Keep it up Hoboz you got da money. Yo Lexington pride. And Earl keeps on gettin the booty.

And yo nova I do know I'm the top dog and I'm out to prove it. This is a competition and we need some real competitors, not everybody can be afraid of winnign like Kero. GGs and thanks for coming out it was really cool seeing someone new come that far.

Top Bottom