• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TioPro tournament organizer: rising from the ashes (CHARACTER ICONS - 12/19)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
they should made one for mac users.
"They" is one person, Neal, which is why we haven't seen this update in a long time.

If you want it so bad, then either go through the trouble of writing it yourself, or get off Apple's balls and get with the rest of the world.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
What is this ****ing ****, why can't I save the bracket image? SaveRR****something pops up and nothing happens, I can't print the screen because the bracket image is too large

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So obviously this thread is old and tio is a little out of date, but believe it or not I have a major release coming soon along with a website for the program. I'm releasing teaser updates on a new Twitter account, @TioPro. Check out some of the changes and follow the account for the latest news on a release (should be in the next 2 weeks).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey neal, any chance you can give some details on how that plugin system works? Will you be providing developers with example source and instructions/documentation?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
In general, I will release a set of .NET libraries that cover three general APIs for working with tio:

1. an object model, representing the data needed to express a tournament and the relationships between its elements (a Tournament contains a collection of TournamentEvents, each of which is a collection of Entrants and a Bracket, which itself is a collection of BracketMatch objects arranged in some internal specification, etc...);
2. a set of UI controls and interfaces for interacting with and extending the user interface of the program;
3. a set of defined code points to hook into the application and get your plugin loaded.

For the example of adding character images to the bracket, this is (roughly) what I did:
1. Created an object model for representing a set of characters belonging to a certain game type, along with data (xml and images) for storing that information in an extensible way.
2. Added a custom property to the Entrant class so I can store my Characters objects inside each Entrant.
3. Created a class that draws character images and informed the DoubleEliminationBracket type that I would like the chance to render my icons when a bracket is drawn.
4. Hooked into a few API points so the user can edit my Character property when adding or editing a player/entrant.

Other plugins that I made on the side to test & extend the APIs:
- add a System field to entrants so you can track whether they prefer to play on PS3 or Xbox (a friend was running Street Fighter IV on PS3 and 360 at the same time, and wanted to see on a bracket which system each player had a controller for).
- a few new bracket types like elimination pools (aka Evo Pools), ladder elimination, or MLG's Open/Championship bracket system for SC2 tournaments.
- All is Brawl's Tournament Upload/Verification system uses a tio plugin to gather information about a tournament's object model and then serialize that to a web service.
- a custom plugin for the NVGA to synchronize player lists with their online database to support organization-wide seeding and rankings. At some point a Melee player asked about doing the same for Melee rankings but I dunno what happened with that.
- other random stuff.

So yeah. Exciting stuff, with really endless possibilities.

I will put together what documentation I can, but at least in the beginning, "support" will likely be in the form of forum posts and emails.

Gea

Smash Master
Neal just wanted to thank you again for all of your hard work and support of the community.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So yeah. Exciting stuff, with really endless possibilities.

I will put together what documentation I can, but at least in the beginning, "support" will likely be in the form of forum posts and emails.
Sounds good! :)

Definitely looking forward to playing with the plugin system and seeing what I can get from it.

Also, how the hell did you manage to program MLG's SC2 bracket system wtf, that thing is like competing with GSL for convoluted.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I only got it working to the point where I could archive results, not actually run a live tournament with that system. It really is ridiculously complicated. Still, it does support their goal of having competitive matches on stream 100% of the time, instead of the typical tournament where the first day(s) is just boring pros beating up on scrubs.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hope it doesn't crash during a tournament like it does atm

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
There once was a program called tio tournament organizer, developed by a Smash community member and used by thousands of tournament hosts worldwide to run the largest events in the community.

After 3 years of inactivity and countless people wondering "WTF is going on with tio?", we're BACK with a new release of the re-branded TioPro. A crazy amount of work has gone into this release to make the program worthy of today's tournament scene.

Run brackets the way you want them to be run. Use advanced seeding methods to get the most accurate results possible. Keep track of where matches are being played and monitor their progress remotely. Use your Twitter account to post bracket images and make announcements to your fans. Impress sponsors and media with the best-looking bracket solution on the Web.

Everything you need for your tournament to be a success -- make it happen with TioPro.

Visit our website at http://tiopro.com
Follow us on Twitter @TioPro

And most of all, Download TioPro today

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think that's one of the plugins, which have yet to be released.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Character images should be available in the next two weeks, when we put out the next release with bug fixes and plugin system enabled.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Hiya couple of things from what I remember when I used this for Kings of Cali

1. Can't control+find to search for player names anymore?
2. When you're viewing the pools/bracket could you remove the light grey background to make it completely white? (For printing purposes)
3. Also I'm not entirely sure if I like the new way of formatting the text inside the boxes (before it would just cut off and shorten names while maintaining the font size) I feel like now the font is pretty hard to read

That said, I like some of the new editions (especially showing what round of bracket people are in [winners semis, finals, etc]). Good job making this program for all of smashers to use!

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hi Sung!

You can still press Control+F on a bracket to search for players. Do you remember which bracket that wasn't working on?

We're adding a full Print feature to the app for the next release, which will alleviate the need to save the bracket image and print that manually.

What do you mean about the font formatting issue? What version of Windows is this on?

Thanks for the feedback!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think they encountered this issue when running tiopro at Kings of Cali.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Hi Sung!

You can still press Control+F on a bracket to search for players. Do you remember which bracket that wasn't working on?

We're adding a full Print feature to the app for the next release, which will alleviate the need to save the bracket image and print that manually.

What do you mean about the font formatting issue? What version of Windows is this on?

Thanks for the feedback!
It was on TheCrimsonBlur's laptop (not sure what windows version it is) and I think it was singles bracket that we couldn't do control+F on. Oh for the font the older version would just cut off the name with ... but now it tries to fit the whole thing into the box which makes it harder to see since the font is so small.

How to change Positions in TIOPro, when i want to switch players in bracket? I seems like it doesnt work.

I cant
I think you need to change people from their starting positions (if they had a bye don't move them from the 2nd round, move them where they started from)

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVXAmYDKG2k&feature=plcp

You don't drag players anymore; you click the match, then use the menu that appears when clicking the player's name in the little info box. See video for a walkthrough and explanation why we did it this way.

Sung: the new version actually does the same behavior with the ... on long names. Can you verify that you're actually seeing a smaller font instead of cut-off names?

Rayku

Smash Lord
For some reason it won't even open for me. Just a quick hourglass and nothing loads.

I have a feeling this is just a "my computer" error but I don't know how to get it working. Any advice?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys,

Sorry about this, but there seems to be an error with a component we used in the application. It doesn't like the month being December. We will put out an emergency patch this week to resolve the issue, but until then you can temporarily set your clock back to November and it should work. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but it's not something we really thought to test :-\.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
....that is hilarious and depressing at the same time

Top Bottom