• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Back Room Updates

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
We don't do "performance reviews," but people get booted for inactivity. If you're posting in the BBR and trying to help, you're doing your job.

:phone:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I read someone suggesting that you treat a BBR application like a Job application. I asked last time the new Member applications were starting if the BBR did anything along the lines of a performance review. You know when you sit down with your boss and he asks "What do you even do around here all day?" or "Man you ****ing suck at this, but your application was really professional so as long as you are active here at Wal Mart/Google/African Pirate Agency, we will keep you on board"

I mean honestly, what kind of job is it where the application is the hard part and then you just have to show up often enough not to get kicked out?
The analogy isn't flawless, because this isn't a real job. People aren't getting paid; we aren't wasting resources on those that get in and don't do anything. If someone becomes a problem, it is dealt with appropriately. If someone isn't a problem, they're fine to stay regardless of activity until it's time for a scheduled purge.

So yeah, treat the application like a job application. Once you're in, the job analogy sort of falls apart and it's more about being a constructive member of the community imo.

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
The analogy isn't flawless, because this isn't a real job. People aren't getting paid; we aren't wasting resources on those that get in and don't do anything. If someone becomes a problem, it is dealt with appropriately. If someone isn't a problem, they're fine to stay regardless of activity until it's time for a scheduled purge.

So yeah, treat the application like a job application. Once you're in, the job analogy sort of falls apart and it's more about being a constructive member of the community imo.

Huh? So if resources aren't wasted by allowing people to stay for simply trying, why not let more people in if they just want to help?

The qualities you want people to display in the application apparently aren't remotely needed to maintain your position. It would be like having to be a trained NASCAR driver just to get a basic driver's license.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Because there are standards to keep up, basically. The more people you let in, the harder it is to ensure quality discussion.

EDIT: I misread lol.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'd also like to think that by letting just anyone in, they could end up letting someone who will post nonsense and contribute nothing to the Back Room into the group. I'll hazard a guess that was why they ceased with allowing Premium Members from gaining access to the Back Rooms, no?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I don't think premium members were ever allowed BR access in the first place, actually. That wouldn't make any sense, as the two groups serve entirely different purposes.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't think premium members were ever allowed BR access in the first place, actually. That wouldn't make any sense, as the two groups serve entirely different purposes.
I was pretty sure at one point there were different levels of Premiums, including a "Diamond Membership" which granted users to the Back Rooms. I don't know about you, but it was definitely way before I ended up joining SWF.

BSP

Smash Legend
You may be thinking of the back room. IIRC I saw a discussion a while ago that said Broomers could see pretty much everything (in the past, changed now obviously).

M@v

Subarashii!
Premiums don't have access to any special rooms except for the disco room, which is a premium only forum.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's been pretty long since I've been awaiting for the response.

I fear that this means I have been rejected?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Seeing as how the full list of people who got in was posted in this very thread exactly two weeks ago, I'd say so.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
We now have a Facebook and Twitter page! Follow us and spread the word:

facebook.com/BrawlBackRoom
twitter.com/BrawlBackRoom

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I just realized I haven't updated the BBR member list. You can check it on the OP.

On a similar note, BSP asked to be removed due to him going off to college. We all wish him the best of luck his first year at Yale!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I wish I were cool enough to be on the BBR member list. I guess I'll apply next time with a new and improved application

DeLux

That's the joke :D

Tongue in cheek method of saying "just noticed my old name was on the list"

DeLux

I have dreamed of being in the BBR twice since the day I first logged on to SWF.

I'd like to thank my supporters for standing with me through the tough times to help me make this come true.

I'd like to thank my critics for fueling me to prove them wrong.

I'd like to thank God for blessing me in such ways.

I'd like to thank my family and friends, shout outs from the top of the world

I've been to the mountain top and I've seen the promise land :)

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm gonna apply for the BBR too I feel I've been very very active and deserve more recognition.

Fat Bat vs Smash Master....

Flayl

Smash Hero
So Iridescent is a discarded suit, meaning your personality has become less colorful and more focused. That's deep man.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
The Brawl Back Room is currently working on the Match-Up Chart v3.

Similar to last time, a subforum will be created for panelists to discuss which match-ups they would like to change, and then discuss these match-ups with other character panels. We will strive to once again produce write-ups for as many match-ups as possible.

There were complaints about poor representation during v2 for some characters. From within the project, we also suffered problems with poor activity on the part of many panelists. In an attempt to remedy these issues, each panel leader will post a thread in their respective character subforum detailing their current panel and asking for additional interested panelists to apply. This will ensure that the burden of representation does not fall solely on the BBR or panel leader, but rather the character’s active and motivated community as a whole.

Panels will be limited to no more than five people, including the panel leader. Similarly, panels will only be able to bring up a certain amount of match-ups for discussion (this number is currently undecided, but if I had to pull a number I’d say somewhere around seven). We’re aiming for quality over quantity, and want to keep the project as manageable as possible.

In some cases, we weren’t able to find anyone within the BBR that had the time or character knowledge to lead a panel, so we contacted members outside of the BBR to do so. Above all, we aimed to select knowledgeable and active members of the character communities with good debate skills. Similarly, selected panelists are expected to maintain good debate behavior, and those who are seen to be problematic in this regard may be ejected from the project if complaints arise.

The rough timeline for this project is as follows:

- Mid/Late November: Have panelists selected
- Early December: Have subforum for panelists created and make sure everyone is in
- Late December: Submit proposed match-up changes for each character
- Post-APEX: Discussion cycles created, discussions begin

If you have any questions about the project, feel free to ask about them in this thread. If you have questions regarding specific panels, please post in the panel’s public thread and wait for a response from the panel’s leader.

Here’s a list of the project panel leaders. It will be updated with panel members as they are determined.

|
Panel Leader​
|
Panelists​
:bowser2: | Uncle | Limit- / MrEh / Z'zgashi / Seagull Joe
:falcon: | Red Arremer | Papa Mink / Lordhelmet / Teluborg
:diddy: | Luigi Player | player-1 / zinoto / gdx
:dk2: | Luigi Player | Sold2 / Neon! / 1PokeMastr / Broccoli Kong
:falco: | clowsui | M@v / DEHF / Kismet2 / DJ Arcatek
:fox: | M@v | NAKAT / Zeton / trumptight
:gw: | Alphicans | Gardex / PentaSalia / Dueler X
:ganondorf: | Vermanubis | DLA / Bloodynite
:popo: | DeLux / [FBC] ESAM | Big D / Myollnir / NAKAT
:ike: | theeboredone | M@V / C.J. / Blublouis / Ryo_Guikido
:jigglypuff: | [FBC] Papa Mink | Espy Kasrani / SoulPech
:dedede: | Technical_Chase | Big D / kyokoro_pamuyo / Vex Kasrani
:kirby2: | Dan | MikeKirby / Triple R / Kappy
:link2: | Red Ryu | Rizen / LordXav1er / ScizorVX / Huggles828
:lucario: | Red Ryu | John12346 / SunnySunny / Steam / DrSoussou
:lucas: | J | rPSI / Chuee / T-Block / Mekos
:luigi2: | BSP | BigLou / boss8 / Luigisama / MrConCon
:mario2: | C.J. | Matador / Monk/Honkey/Banana / XeroXen / BSP
:marth: | C.J. | Raziek / Clowsui / Nike
:metaknight: | Infinitysmash | CT ZeRo / RedHalberd / Havok
:ness2: | J / R e d X | FOW
:olimar: | Dabuz | Dnyce / Denti / Tin Man / Sync.
:peach: | Mikey Lenetia | Nicole / Illmatic. / Silly Kyle / Slayerz_
:pikachu2: | Cassio | [FBC] ESAM / Pikabunz
:pit: | Krystedez / Kuro~ | R@vyn / CYVE / Dabuz / Luckay4Lyphe
:pt: | T-block / TheReflexWonder | Myollnir
:rob: | stingers | T0mmy
:samus2: | Red Arremer | Xyro / DtJ Composer
:sheik: | aisight / ScaryLB59 | Judo777 / Dcold / Sailor Princess Twenty-Two.
:snake: | MVD | ally / hrnut / havok / mikeray
:sonic: | Espy Kasrani | da K.I.D. / Meekspeedy / Excel / True Blue
:toonlink: | Dan / MJG | G dub / Southpaw / Tsunayoshi
:wario: | TheReflexWonder | DMG / Krystedez / Lord Chair / Sky` / Sensei Seibrik
:wolf: | Ishieymoro | _Kain_ / Seagull Joe / Gheb_01 / M.C. Pee-Pants
:yoshi2: | Sinister Slush | RaptorTEC / Delta-cod / Yikarur / Z'zgashi
:zelda: | Aerodrome / ScaryLB59 | kyokoro_pamuyo / Mocha / Darkmusician
:zerosuitsamus: | NickRiddle | Dakpo / DRN / Supermodel From Paris / infinite_V115

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Good stuff!

When will be the next application time where people can apply for the BBR?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think priority slots were given to BBR members but the total limit is 5, so if your character's panel has fewer than five members then go for it.

Top Bottom