• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirkgo's Impromptu Tourney 2

Kirk

Smash Champion
Kirkgo's Impromptu Tourney 2

Because Diego and I are going to be bored...again!​

Venue

425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

http://www.cod.edu/Maps/local2.gif

The SRC Building
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/campus2.gif

Schedule

Saturday -- November 17th, 2012
11:00 - 12:30 - Registration
12:30 - Melee Doubles Bracket
1:00 - P:M Doubles Bracket
*2:30 - PM Pools
*2:30 - Melee Pools
3:30 - Melee Singles Bracket
4:00 - P:M Singles Bracket

*Pools for P:M and Melee will be done depending on the number of entrants / setups.

Times are approximate and subject to change at the TO's discretion.

Prices and Payouts

Venue Fee - FREE!

Main Events:
P:M Doubles - $5 per Person($10 per team)
P:M Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $5 per Person($10 per team)
Melee Singles - $5

Payouts (Doubles)
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

Payouts (Singles < 30 people)
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

Payouts (Singles > 30 people)
1. 48%
2. 22%
3. 14%
4. 8%
5. 4%
5. 4%

Food

There are many fast food restaurants within ~5 minutes of driving distance. (Taco Bell/Chipotle/KFC/etc)

Melee Ruleset
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Stages

Starters (Singles)

Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Starters (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional)
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional)

P:M Ruleset
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If the match goes to Sudden Death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stages

Starters

Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks

Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Pool Tiebreakers
Tiebreaker #1: Set Wins
Tiebreaker #2: Head to Head
Tiebreaker #3: Wins
Tiebreaker #4: Losses
Tiebreaker #5: One stock playoff

General Rules
-BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.

-Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.

-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag.

-Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.

-DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.

-The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

-Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.

Parking/Setups

The parking is free in the student parking lot right outside the building.

BRING SETUPS!!!!!

TO Contact

Kirk -- 224 - 805 - 3480
Diego -- 773 - 216 - 4669

Kirk

Smash Champion
Another one of these, hurray. Let us know if you guys would like any event to be $10 entry instead of $5, we can most certainly change it depending on interest.

Diego, post something!

Scythe

Smash Master
Here's a post!

I think all entries should probably be 5 dollars. Especially anything PM related since we want as many people entering as possible.

B.W.

Smash Champion
5 bucks is better, mostly because I'm poor.

But 5 bucks also might bring in more people.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I definitely can't make this one, I'm busy the whole weekend. I should be able to make anything in December.

Scythe

Smash Master
man chicago plays more PM than melee now :(

i'll probably show up
this is melee too bro. The only person who stopped playing melee for pm is Rat. Vro doesn't count since he doesn't go to tourneys anyways. Everyone else just stopped coming to tourneys.

Scythe

Smash Master
$5 dollar entry fee? what happen to $10?
Melee can be subject to change to 10 dollars if enough people want it that way but PM singles will remain at 5 dollars since there a bunch of new players who come to Pm tourneys now.

Tink

Smash Hero
get at chicago cultivating them new players sonn!

i wont be able to make it, but future tournaments i should be at!

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm totally down for this. Get ready for CHARIZARD.

Also, I'm going to be bringing a Demo 2.5 setup and a recording setup (to be used for tournament purposes).

Lastly, regarding the ruleset - [1] what happens in the case of suicdes (Ganoncide in PM was an issue at the last CoD tournament I went to) and [2] since we're using the stagelist that was used for The Big House 2, does that mean that we're allowed to ban 3 stages on the opponent's counterpick?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Oh yeah recording stuff. I'll try to bring my own recording setup if I can make it there.

Kirk

Smash Champion
The suicide rule is listed in the pm ruleset already....the initiator of the suicide move wins.

Only 1 stage ban is how we've usually been doing it.

I am also planning on bringing my recording/stream setup for the main pm tv setup.

:phone:

metroid1117

Smash Master
The suicide rule is listed in the pm ruleset already....the initiator of the suicide move wins.

Only 1 stage ban is how we've usually been doing it.

I am also planning on bringing my recording/stream setup for the main pm tv setup.

:phone:
Oops, I can't read. Thanks for the clarification.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
I would like to come to this. Might enter PM even though I've never played it.

definitely want to play so much melee right now though v_v

Meneks

Smash Lord
No one ever wants to play doubles, and when they do theres a scrub in the mix so teams are uneven.

If I come to this ill want to do some melee dubs if anyone wants to team

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Spoon, Rat gets first dibs so we can defend our title! But if he doesn't want to then yea, you are my go to man.

Was mainly asking about Melee, but I should've clarified that.

Scythe

Smash Master
If kelly isn't up for it we can team. Yo kelly wanna team again? REDEMPTION

Top Bottom