• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Under New Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smashers,

As of November, Major League Gaming Inc. has sold Smashboards to Xyelot LLC, a company I own that will house everything related to Smashboards. Since joining the community in 2003, I’ve worked with many other passionate fans to build and support all things Smash. With this sale, the attention and needs of Smashboards can finally be met. In the next six months two major efforts will be undertaken.

1. A forum upgrade to the latest and best available
  2. A site redesign with new features to support players, tournament organizers, and fans of Super Smash Bros. games

Before any of these changes take place though, a brief transition phase will occur. During the month of December, Smashboards will be transferred from MLG’s servers to a dedicated server worthy of housing the largest Smash Bros. community in existence. This transition should go smoothly, but expect up to 24 hours of downtime during the day it is performed. * In addition to the transfer, other issues may give rise to downtime, but before 2012 comes to a close the transfer in ownership should be complete.

I look forward to continuing my work with the community and to setting our sights toward new goals and endeavors. To all the Smash fans, thank you for the continued support of Smashboards, the wait for improvements is finally over and a new era begins in 2013.

AlphaZealot
Follow on Twitter

*More information on the exact date of the transfer will be provided at a later time.

This announcement can be discussed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom