• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I-71 Tournament Series: The Next Ohio Circuit Info Thread!

TheKiest

Smash Champion

It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.

Beegs, Clowsui, and TheKiest proudly present...
The I-71 Circuit​

This January Kicks off the I-71 Circuit.
There will be around 4-5 tournaments.
All of which are accessible by good ole Interstate 71!​

ROAD MAP​
Rain - Columbus - Jan 26th
?????
?????
?????
?????​

CHAMPIONSHIP:
ARMAGEDDON - Cincinnati - Mar 23rd

Payouts
Each Tournament will take 10% of the pot (except for the Championship) + $100 by TheKiest.
Those top 5 with the highest amount of points get
1st 48%
2nd 22%
3rd 14%
4th 8%
5th 4%

Points will be distributed as follows:
1st: 24
2nd: 18
3rd: 14
4th: 10
5th: 6
7th: 4
9th: 2
13th: 1

Championship Points will only be given out to players who have entered the circuit.
Thus, players who don't place top 13 in the Championship Tournament can still earn points toward the Circuit!

Money Payouts to be Determined!

STANDINGS

(Will be posted after the first event in the second post)

Any Questions! Contact Beegs, Clowsui, or TheKiest​
Or Post here!​

JTsm

Smash Master
Great idea, but terrible payouts. lmao. I can see by giving a lot is nice and attracts people to come, but that's kinda wasted money. Hopefully I can go to one of these.

Beegs

Smash Apprentice
In regards about the Ohio PR, I seriously do hope it does help it out a bit more with this circuit.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Stickied with a lot of anticipation and excitement.

Just to make a statement now, any future Circuits will have their info threads stickied.
It's not really been much of a thing lately but, since the Circuit Info threads encourage activity, and the social board moves pretty fast I am more than willing to sticky an active Circuit.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
This may seem like a strange question to ask, but why would this tournament curcuit not count for another state's PR if their PR players are in attendance playing against OUR state's PR?

this of course even goes true assuming (and I hope this is the case) the championship is not counted as "not for other PRs", since his (Chi's) series is already a super-regional. Hell, RAIN is already garnering OoC interest, lol.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Of course these events will count for the PR, and most OoS PRs usually count wins or losses against ranked/unranked players from different states for their respective players anyway. It's always been that way.

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
This may seem like a strange question to ask, but why would this tournament curcuit not count for another state's PR if their PR players are in attendance playing against OUR state's PR?

this of course even goes true assuming (and I hope this is the case) the championship is not counted as "not for other PRs", since his (Chi's) series is already a super-regional. Hell, RAIN is already garnering OoC interest, lol.
I think he was being facetious.

Roller

Smash Legend
These events will count toward the Ohio PR, but not the Michigan PR.
This. Our PR panel decides what counts.. And if MI players go to these, then we probably will count them.
I think roller wants to know if he comes to these and places, will he be in the Ohio pr

TheKiest

Smash Champion
MK Legality will be based on TOs.

From what I've heard... Beegs' event(s) will be MK legal.

Rain 2 might be MK legal as well. (Most likely not, since the tournes I've ran are more fun thus far)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Shouldn't the TO's be running a cheap, side MK legal tournament that would be used for seeding an MK legal tournament instead of a MK banned tournament to determine this?

Adding the best character back into the game completely changes things.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Host tournaments, Eric.

If you build it, they will come. (Maybe)
I would if I had time. And I prob wouldn't host them in KY. Not a good location for attendance.
I want to see someone's tournament record in MK legal tourneys. Idk about yours, but about 9/10 mk legal tourneys I've attended, I have 0 losses to MK lol.
ripugpreigeighergnpierngpoingp

I say ban fox.
But srsly speaking, ban IC.

But to not be such a debbie downer, I will say ty for putting this circuit together guys. Rly been wanting one to happen in the MW for a while now. <3

Top Bottom