• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Of The Toy Trove - The Chest has been Opened

Bing

Smash Master
Battle At The Toy Trove - The Chest Has Been Opened

Address/Location
The Toy Trove

2 St. Paul Street West

St. Catharines, ON, Canada

L2R 3N7

Phone: 289-362-4401

Schedule
12am-1pm: Sign Up/Registration
1pm-1:30: Free Play/Friendlies <-- Use this time to go for lunch if necessary
1:30 - 3:00 Singles Pools or Doubles Depending on interest.
3pm-5pm: Singles Pools: Unless We Don't have Doubles.
5pm-6pm: Food Break
6pm-8pm: Bracket(Top 16)
If theres time I'd like to do crews.
Prices
10$ Singles
5$ Per Person Doubles
5$ Venue Fee

Prizes
We will be Doing Cash Prizes.

Super Smash Bros Melee SinglesUnder 16 Entrants
1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

16+ entrants
1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 30%
4th Place: 5%

Super Smash Bros Melee Doubles
Under 8 teams
1st Place: 70%
2nd Place: 20%

8+ teams
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Food And Drinks
Once Again, we will be ordering Pizza from Twice the Deal. $1 Per Slice, and you also get 1 pop if you purchase said Pizza.(I.e 2 Slices of Pizza and a pop = $2)

The Toy Trove has Pop and Water for sale for 1$
There are multiple food locations near by including the following:
The Bull Pit: Just across the street, both way.
Pizza Pizza: Just Down St.Paul towards the bus station.
Smoke's Poutine: In behind Pizza Pizza
Bella Noella's Pizza: Beside Smoke's Poutine.

Tournament Rules

MBR Ruleset
- 8 Minute Time Limit
- 4 Stocks each
- No Items
- Jungle Japes is banned in Both events
- Sets are Best 2/3. Semi-finals and other placings for money is best 3/5. LQs Is now 3/5.
- Best 3/5 sets will still have 1 stage ban
- Wobbling is banned at all of these
- Master Hand is obviously banned
- Metaknight is also banned.

General Rules
BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)
No illegal substances, no alcohol, no marijuana etc.
Don't smell, please shower
Tournament matches have priority over everything. MMs have priority over friendlies
Keep trash talking casual.
No refunds after entered.
Have fun :)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Brad you need to seriously re-consider the schedule. Singles Pools can get done a lot sooner than 7pm and you need to be the person enforcing the use of spare TVs alongside being conscious of the time in relation to what needs to be accomplished.

Just sayin! Sooo excited for this.

Fox fox fox fox fox fox

Bing

Smash Master
Brad you need to seriously re-consider the schedule. Singles Pools can get done a lot sooner than 7pm and you need to be the person enforcing the use of spare TVs alongside being conscious of the time in relation to what needs to be accomplished.

Just sayin! Sooo excited for this.

Fox fox fox fox fox fox
Singles Pools ends at 6 IF we have doubles, which we will be having. If by chance we dont singles pools end at 4...

Niko_K

Smash Master
This is getting really close! Bing we need some teams practice ;) Hope some Toronto / Sauga / KWC heads come out :D

Windrose

Smash Lord
Damn, there's a tournament in Hamilton happening on the same day.... don't know which one to go to now..

:phone:

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Damn, there's a tournament in Hamilton happening on the same day.... don't know which one to go to now..

the hamilton one will be fun, but dust.
the more I think about it though, it would be nice to be there and gain some interest from local mac kids.. new faces at bates smash fests would be nice.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrg I dont know, you decide david, cause you're my ride anyhow.

Niko_K

Smash Master
We have five tv's at The Toy Trove stored and if anyone can bring any others for use at the tournament that would be greatly appreciated.

Brad can I please start making the threads I'm a lot more active than you are xD There should be an equipment list there so you can keep track of how many setups will be available.

Linksta and I are taking doubles

Windrose

Smash Lord
Ok. If Daniel and Romulo are going too this than I think I will go to this. The last Hamilton McMaster tournament was really bad. They play on lcd tv's. But I still want to go to both. To recruit players and etc. We found some decent people last year like Jonathan and that other guy.

Daniel, you and Romulo will have to bus to McMaster from square one. I will pick you up there than go to st Catherine.
Assuming I go to this.... (still deciding between the two tournaments)

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
I might come to this I'd have to take a day off but that last event looked pretty hype so this tourney sounds alright. Is there gunna be the same amount of ppl on apex weekend tho?

Niko_K

Smash Master
It'd be awesome to see you come Windrose :) Linksta is gonna want you guys to come too he's really damn good (on par with me / better in some aspects as am I) and we've all been improving, it'd be good fun.

Peter if you come we'd have a good time just put it that way haha. I have no worry about Apex harming the outcome of this tournament and particularly feel it could actually be more of a reason to go to one provided you aren't attended Apex (which the majority of the population isn't).

Brad in the event that the turnout is large am I gonna be able to trust you to enforce the timeframe for both singles and doubles to be ran properly and not too late into the night? With players coming from out of town they expect the tournament to be ran as optimally as possible so they can make decisions in regards to when to get back, and most don't want to be back home very late at night. If you need some guidance don't be afraid to ask any of the advanced players or myself brother we've all been through it enough that we can help. Just saying, not trying to hate on you or anything, just want everything to go smoothly and enough setups are filled / people bring their own controllers.

Bing

Smash Master
So, I actually have the first comment reserved for TVS and such, just no one has said they're bringing anything. So yeah, it would be great if people could comment if they're bringing a TV/Cube.

In regards to the time frame thing, Im starting this ON TIME regardless of what anyone says. If you show up late, thats unfortunate, if you're a few minutes behind(Mostly looking at the out of town people) Message here or text me and let me know.

I updated the schedule, I will be starting at 1:30 PM. Dont be late.

Also, I'd like to do crews if we have time at the end, so let me know if you want in and or what "theme" we should run. I.e Draft, Area, Region vs Out of town etc.

Windrose

Smash Lord
last time there was an ontario tournament during a big national tournament in the states, there was a huge turn out.

everyone wanted a shot at winning with the top players gone.

i wouldn't be surprised if we see a big turnout for this (even though it's not in toronto).

Bing

Smash Master
last time there was an ontario tournament during a big national tournament in the states, there was a huge turn out.

everyone wanted a shot at winning with the top players gone.

i wouldn't be surprised if we see a big turnout for this (even though it's not in toronto).

Thats actually why I requested this Date. Niko and I thought it would be best to have it on the 12th or 19th, but I figured that anyone not going to Apex would still want some tournament action.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I haven't decided yet... never had to choose between two tournaments before... I kind of want to go to the Hamilton tournament to teach those kids a lesson and learn how to host properly. Fod in doubles...

But this will be a real tournament...

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
omg I know right :p host with me in feb and we can teach them

and actually, dullah/nick/kai and them will be at the mac tournament no matter what and I am sure they will all do good to recruit good players.

Niko_K

Smash Master
^^I like the way Robs thinking. Windrose it's becoming more than clear that your odds are winding thin in regards to the Hamilton tournament ;)

This ones gonna be good :)

Also I'll be bringing my laptop with Tio already installed and fully functional. I don't feel like recording is too necessary and the monopoly created over the want for the recording TV causes a delay in the tournament worth avoiding.

Sanu

Smash Champion
**** the Hamilton tourney. It's probably not even for money.

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
xD i agree that Niko should be running the posts, he doesn't work so he's got alot more time to do it then brad :p not like its a big deal

I'm hyped for this, been trying to work on my secondary a lot lately

Edit: i can't believe ive only been on the boards 10 months, feels like so much longer

Bing

Smash Master
Just so that everyone knows ahead of time. We'll be ordering pizza again just like last time. Same deal, $1 a slice + you get a free pop with Purchase of Pizza.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Todd really is such a nice individual.

Saux if you don't come that's okay, just means you're lacking inner awesome.

-Reserved For Tv/Cube Count-

TVs (6)
venue - 5
Niko - 1

Gamecubes (4)
Bing - 2 (both with Melee)
Niko K - 1 (Has 2nd copy of melee)
MED$ - 1 (With Melee)
More people need to start confirming game setups, particularly locals. Need to start posting more I know our locals are bringing more than this. I'm also bringing a laptop with Tio.

Top Bottom