• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Bi Weeklies #5

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles
Entry Fee: $5

1.K9 :falco::metaknight::pit: ($48)
2.Silly Kyle :peach:($20)
3.Maize :rob: ($8)
4.Air Vault :marth::snake::pit:
5.Yoshiken :popo::yoshi2:
5.Wafty :warioc::wario:
7.Yummy :squirtle::charizard::ivysaur:
7.Rubio :snake:

Doubles
Entry Fee: $10 per team

1.Silly Kyle and K9 ($50)
2.Wafty and Rubio ($21)
3.Maize and Saffy
4.GV7 and Yummy
5.MeowK and Ness682
5.Air Vault and MBR
7.Yoshiken and Vee

Brawl Singles B bracket
Entry Fee: $2

1.MBR :diddy: ($14)
2.MeowK :gw::dedede:($2)
3.Saffy :random:
4.Ness682 :ness2:
5.Vee :falco:
5.Xerox :rob:
7.SLVR :marth::marth:

Project M singles
Entry Fee: $3

1.Silly Kyle :peach: ($20)
2.Yummy :fox: ($10)
3.K9 :ness2:
4.TDM :sheik:
5.Ness682 :ness2:
5.Heyseuss :dedede::dk2:
7.MeowK
7.Burnsy :lucas:
9.ZMAN :lucario:
9.Gv7 :lucas:

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Brackets and Videos to come later. This is K9 by the way, alex was logged into Kira's account so i posted it under his account by mistake.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Man I'm so free. lmfao
Meowk, Mbr, ness, etc... good games in amateur bracket. I think we are all pretty even skill wise in singles. Gj to you all.
Javier it was nice to see you, you got hella tall.
Maize you know it's always a pleasure to have you out here.
Wafty too good. WHERE THOSE TIME OUTS THOUGH?
Ness ****** me in a random mm. Good times. Next time salty run back.

& I used :peach: ^^.

LOE1

Smash Lord
wafty gettin dat top 5 again, AND MAKIN DA MONEY IN DUBZ!

thinking about doing a few shoutouts cause why the **** not...

shoutouts to me for being the only person on the stream tho

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
wafty gettin dat top 5 again, AND MAKIN DA MONEY IN DUBZ!

thinking about doing a few shoutouts cause why the **** not...

shoutouts to me for being the only person on the stream tho
I was on the stream too...
until Alex started talking about anime.

Good sh- stuff everyone, there's a lot less entries than I thought there would be.

One-Up

Smash Apprentice
Please don't put the "Overall" Wario near my name! Overall Wario sucks. Biker :wario: for life!!
Also nice jobs in teams Rubio we did pretty awesome! Snakes U Tilt FTW.
and lastly K9, im coming for you next tournament, this time in not gonna choke! haha
GGs everyone! cool tournament

Rubio24

Smash Rookie
Good games guys had a good time :) wafty wario and snake some sick as combos lol cant wait to watch the videos. And as for singles gotta keep gettin better and finding my true secondary but great tourney :) and everybody stay free right k9 lol

:phone:

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I was on the stream too...
until Alex started talking about anime.
My sides.

Pretty much the results I was expecting, Brawl Singles got no love though, looks like a small number of entrants this time around.

Greg and Shawn, why did you both use Pit..?

Saffy

Smash Ace
Since when is Saffy bad? :(

:phone:
Since the beginning of time bro. Get with it.
Nah but for real I played like a scrub yesterday, though I do applaud Meowk and MBR for taking me out. And Vee should have beaten me but I pulled a bomb while I was down 50% or so last stock. So I really should have placed 5th. Vee also is pretty knowledgeable about frames and many characters. He was a smart player, lol the back air spam was working on me.
Over time my skill deteriorates it seems. I play much better in doubles and pools, then when singles is here I'm just ughh do I have to.
Probably going to start using :zelda: in singles, and :peach: just for doubles.

AND GET THAT 1ST IN DOUBLES. MAZIE WE GOT DIS YO.

But for real -

Good **** to rubio and wafty, you guys did fantastic in teams.

K9 proved himself that he could beat kyle this time so good ****. But please go metaknight next time on me..... I want that experience!

Yummy main PT.. forever. Do it.

Kyle stay beautiful <3.

Saffy stay free.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
The new PM build felt a bit weird, it was the first time I played 2.5 though. It's §hitty there's no buffering anymore.

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
2.5 is godlike

there is buffering actually, go to settings and change "input assist" to on. It should be on by default, so you probably didn't notice.

it's a 3-frame buffer only

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
K9, we need to have ALL results uploaded for the PR to be accurate, so could you please upload Pools and the B-Bracket image?

Also, this was Bi-Weekly #4.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
I used King DeDeDe more in this tournament than any other character. I also played MK, Snake and Fox. But those don't really need mention. Can I have DeDeDe placed beside Falco?

I had a lot of fun brawling with you guys. Those were intense matches. I hope I can make another trip out to battle you guys again sometime soon.

A few comments to the other players...

Maize - great to see you again. I would have liked to have played your Rob. You did really well though. I watched your match with Kyle. Good stuff. Keep up the good work.

K9 - Thanks for the one round Link Ditto. Shame we couldn't have a match. Maybe in the future I'll challenge you to another Link Ditto for a Money Match? How does that sound? Good stuff in your matches too. Your MK is getting really good. And I think that round you dedicated to Kira in the Grand Finals was really, really cool. You almost won it too.

Saffy - Good games. Peach isn't exactly my best match up lol. You played well. I knew my Back air has an advantage spacing wise on Peach, that's why I chose him over MK in our match. It was really intense. But Dat bomb... phew, that thing packs a punch lol. Let's play again sometime.

Vault - Good stuff. You took 4th and beat out some really good players. You keep this up, and you are bound to make top 5 in PR for AZ. Keep up the good work. Keep working on that Snake and Pit of yours.

Yoshiken - Sorry I let you down dude. I still have a long ways to go. If we ever partner in doubles again, I will try to be 10x better than I was this tourney. I faced you in a few friendlies. Good stuff. Your Ice Climbers are legit. Your Yoshi is impressive as always. Your Pika is pretty good too. Your Marth on the other hand needs a bit of work. Talk to Vault to get some pointers maybe?

Markx - It was nice meeting you on this trip. It was a lot of fun. You are a cool dude. Stay cool. I felt a bit intimidated by Diddy the first night we played. I wanted to settle things in Grand Finals of the amateur bracket soooooo badly. But Saffy beat me, despite how hard I played against her. I'm glad we got to play a few more times before I had to leave though. I managed to beat your Diddy finally. Though I think you wanted one more match with me, sorry we didn't have time for it. Next time, lets face eachother in tournament if we can, yeah? Good stuff with Diddy. Congrats on winning Amateur's bracket.

Wafty - You were sooooooooo close to beating K9. I think he knew it too. He managed to pull off the win though (good stuff k9). You are a really good player. Shame I didn't get to battle you this time around.

Kyle - You were as Peachy as always. Good stuff and congrats making 2nd.

Game and Watch player who I can't remember your tag... - Good stuff. Cut back on the down airs. Battle field and Yoshi's island aren't real good for GnW. Try getting open stages like Final, Smash and Pokemon. Good stuff against my MK though.

To everyone else - Sorry if I didn't mention you. Either I didn't get a chance to spend time with ya, or I was distracted with something. Sorry. Was fun meeting and playing everyone. Please continue going to tournaments and keeping the scene alive. I'm gonna try to make it out there again if I can.

One-Up

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Vee! You should come out more to practice with us if you can! We'll play next tournament you come to for sure!

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
No matter what, I keep suckering myself to stick with Ness no matter what, and I don't know why. Someday I'll start playing someone else, but not now, I guess I'll just appreciate the fact that I get to play and (try to at least) have fun ;p

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
@Vee Battlefield is one of Gdubs best stages for certain matchups. Yoshi's sorta sucks but it's not bad per se it can work but the player has to like the stage.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
2.5 is godlike

there is buffering actually, go to settings and change "input assist" to on. It should be on by default, so you probably didn't notice.

it's a 3-frame buffer only
Don't you mean off by default? The tournament standard for P:M is 0 frames of buffer.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to come out there more often, but I got limited transportation from the NW side of the state here. I'm by the border of Cali and NV. I'm not really sure the best way I could get out there.

Top Bottom