• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Request) Masked Man for Lucas?

B.W.

Smash Champion
So I've been on a kick lookin for "alternate costumes" for characters and I found one I'd really like for Lucas on Brawl Vault but ran into a problem. It's made for Ness. The reason I'd like it for Lucas is because I'm trying to stick to keeping the costumes as close to the original game as possible with as few exceptions as possible.

[COLLAPSE="Masked Man"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Here's the download for the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?69sv48sh37cnm2z

If anyone could do this for me that'd be incredibly awesome.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
This should replace his purple color. Since the other colors are his main, the red, blue, and green colors, and the claus one that I like.

B.W.

Smash Champion
It'd be able to replace whatever you'd like, you'd just change the number on the file to choose the color.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You can also message the guy who made it by making yourself a KCMM account. Which is what you'll need to read some of the guides too.

I can make a short guide for you to do it yourself, as well tell you Blaze69 2010 crack is the 3ds max you wanna Google.

It's basically export the model as .dae (It will ask you to export weighted normals say no)
then export a normal Ness texture into .dae as well.
Then open both in 3ds max, align them up, then export as .dae and import that into BBox for the Ness texture and then for the textures delete the Ness original ones and just export and import the model's ones.

Oh and forgot about his bat/stick model, um, you just export that too and then put it inside his hand or something: Eternal_Yoshi knows more.

Oh wait, Yooo: Thise guide was made for you!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=53894.0
If you can't see it, it's cus you gotta make a KCMM account. Idk why but half the threads don't show unless your logged in.

I also asked the guy to release the Lucas import he made himself for ya

B.W.

Smash Champion
I'll look into it, thanks for the info, SpiderMad.

Also cool, again thanks for doing that.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if you're interested but I made CSS stuff for him as well. You can find the Kcmm thread here.

If someone does end up porting him to Lucas, I'll make the same pack as the one above, but for lucas... so that you don't have to rename a bunch of stuff.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
That Masked Man is a work of art.
Ain't he a bit tall for Ness, though? (The actual model I mean. Guess I'll have to try it out)
Anyway. That being said this would look so cool on Lucas. Though I personally feel Lucas's quick playstyle doesn't fits the slow, robotic and powerful being that is the Masked Man. He's a strong one.
But I totally understand wanting to keep costumes exclusive to their proper franchise installment characters.
(Did you see what I did there?)

:phone:

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
He's a strong one.
i see what you did there

I wonder; instead of a model edit to make lucas look like the Masked Man, why not have a texture recolor to the textures of the Masked Man himself? Black shirt, orange pants, perhaps even gray hair? Well the hair part is kinda pushing it but still.

Perhaps there could be recolors to Lucas matching the Mother 3 cast. Kumatora would make a decent blue team outfit, but the red hair would probably have to be cut for that; I can see Hinawa being used for red team, and iunno about green. Just throwing out ideas

Something like this for Masked Man, but more Lucas-like and not demon-esque
[collapse=EH]
[/collapse]

EDIT: quick ****ty mockup of Masked Man example;
[collapse=whoa man]
[/collapse]

EDIT2: this is irrelevant but i was just browsing the lucas textures and then i found this piece of ****
like wow what the hell am i looking at
[collapse=EH 2]
[/collapse]

B.W.

Smash Champion
Actually, I've since been able to make the texture work over Lucas. It really wasn't hard, and I did it without 3ds max.

You just have to go into BrawlBox and open the Masked Man (Ness) and Lucas (normal) side by side and delete extra bones Ness. Then once you do that all the bone names should be the same (save for the bat/stick, but you just rename the bat). Then you export Lucas's bones and replace Masked Man's bones with Lucas's bones of the same name.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
That Lucas texture was beautiful. I'd make love to that thing.
I honestly don't get what you were meaning, OSCA MIKE. Just team recolors for Masked Man? Or you want to make other characters look like they're in the Masked Man get-up? (Which would in turn be the team colors) Duster in the suit would be cool. Little mustache.
There's already some recolors (PLUS an updated version of this texture with has a shiny helmet which is way nice) here. And they're pretty darn amazing as well. ALSO have some equally groovy CSPs for this perfect piece of work.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
I meant like a Masked Man-esque recolor that goes over Lucas's purple outfit, but only changing the texture colors and not adding the helmet and arm cannon. I probably should have been a bit more descriptive after I put "Going even further" to separate the two ideas-I edited my post to better signify this-but no I meant Mother 3 cast colors going over his default costumes, like Kumatora being his blue team outfit (except red hair), Hinawa red, etc.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Oh! That would be pretty cool. I'd go for a pink or purple with Kuma's hair just so it's better as a team color. She had purple in Earthbound 64 so it wouldn't be too weird.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
I think more along the lines of a blue tint so its not as dramatic of a change. Iunno though, purple hair might look decent

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd like the guys working on the :M colour packs to make reskins for him. Maritime would probably look slick.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
We discussed making recolors for non-Brawl characters not too long ago. In fact, I was the guy who brought it up, but it was mainly on the lines of Melee vertexes and imports. I remember that Apples did a Minty Melee Ganon because somebody requested it. We generally agreed that we would much rather finish everyone in Brawl before thinking about making recolors for other Melee vertexes/imports, as well as other popular vertexes/imports like Dr. Mario, Rosalina, etc.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Melee Ganondorf needs done desperately.
And the blue Masked Man already looks pretty Maritime-y to me iirc (I am probably not) So, yeah.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Actually, I've since been able to make the texture work over Lucas. It really wasn't hard, and I did it without 3ds max.

You just have to go into BrawlBox and open the Masked Man (Ness) and Lucas (normal) side by side and delete extra bones Ness. Then once you do that all the bone names should be the same (save for the bat/stick, but you just rename the bat). Then you export Lucas's bones and replace Masked Man's bones with Lucas's bones of the same name.
Would you be willing to upload your finished file somewhere? I'm not exactly sure how to do what you say here, and I feel like there's a pretty good chance of me screwing it up. And from what I know, it's really bad to not have the correct bones.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Well didn't do what you asked for, but I thought this'll be fun to post. Surprised no one did this yet. O.o

Don't know what the recolor is?
Look here:
Sorry if it's a little blurry, but it's WIP.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
That's because Pik (the creator of the model) already made a Lucas version. It's hard to discern the difference between the Lucas and Claus skins, which I assume is what he was going for. Most visible difference would be the yellow hair on the Lucas skin...

fatman667

Smash Journeyman

Rage83

Smash Ace
That's because Pik (the creator of the model) already made a Lucas version. It's hard to discern the difference between the Lucas and Claus skins, which I assume is what he was going for. Most visible difference would be the yellow hair on the Lucas skin...
The model is not rigged over Lucas by Pik. I'll put up my personal re-rigged version (for proper bones) once I'm back on my home computer.

EDIT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufp9xyo2mam820x/FitClaus00.pac

Last edited:

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
So if I download that one it will be over Lucas right? (Just clarifying)

ZOLTARR

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZOLTARR
Does your model still have the sword visible all the time? I've been trying to get rid of it all day to no avail.

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
This has probably been resolved but I believe there is a masked man alt for Lucas in the Smash 3C Commander Lucas pack.

EDIT: I missed a post that contained a link to Commander Lucas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom