• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) This thread is done. Please Lock.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
So our $9.3k burst was fantastic! But some people are already spent, and one great way to move forward is to encourage more people to donate small amounts in a way that they can see it matters.

Here's the deal: $300 a day!
Donate $5, be matched $1.
Max per person is $20 for $4 match, the goal is to get a lot more people involved!
You can re-donate every day.
Max match for today is $50, which will be from me. Note that I am NOT donating this money unconditionally!

I NEED 9 MORE PEOPLE WILLING TO MATCH $50!!!
I'm sure people will step up. Post or PM if you want to be a matcher. If you want you can set a higher cap than $50 for yourself.

How to donate:
Just do it! Post in here that you did and how much, screenshot proof is suggested but not required.
DONATE!

I believe you will blow me out of the water! I think the $3000 goal is too low, just remember that your $5 IS SO IMPORTANT. It encourages other people to do that same, it's not much to you, but it will add up quickly, and you can see it add up before your eyes! Be part of something bigger! Lets give breast cancer and EVO the knee!

Progress:
Total: $70
Donors: _Novi (5), XKCP (10), Zoler (5), Smoking Puppy (5), exarch and friends (35), JosiahTEG (10)

Matcher: hectohertz (up to $50)

Matcher: Shawn101589 (up to $50)

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Thanks for the interest so far everyone. I think a couple things are holding this back.

First, being locked away in this forum reduces awareness as opposed to being in the melee discussion where a lot more people would see this opportunity who weren't even thinking to donate, but wouldn't mind $5. I have contacted alphazealot about this issue, we'll see what he thinks.

Second, I think some people may think its a hassle to provide proof. If that's the case then seriously don't worry about it. Just be honest.

Things have started a bit slow, but I don't think that's any reason to give up. Let's finish out this donation drive strong!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Good **** to az for making this area to try and support the fund but I don't think enough people are seeing this. Traffic to all if the threads have dropped since they disappeared from melee disc. Should maybe drop a post about it in a thread there.

:phone:

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Yeah so AZ never got back to me, so I guess this isn't getting moved. I don't feel like I can just post in any of the active melee topics randomly. Would it be bad to make a thread in the melee discussion?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
trying to hold a local tourney where all the winnings are donated to this. wish me luck!

Edit: I'm broke, wish I could have donated more but that's what the tourney's for.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
JosiahTEG don't worry about the amount that's PERFECT, exactly what we need.
I think I'm just going to up my match to half of the total, so $35. I'll do that tomorrow so I can include anyone else who donates before the day is up.

Scar, I almost messaged you actually. I thought a more recognized figure in the community would probably be beneficial as a face for this drive. If you want to "clone" this in the melee forums than go right ahead. I support you 100%

This hasn't gone as I'd hoped, but I'm still so glad I've tried my best to support this cause, and I appreciate everyone who has given.

Edit: I donated 35 dollars
Hectohertz should match anyone else who gives perhaps today and tomorrow.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Wepay doesn't support european bank accounts.

yay...
I'd like to donate but can't... maybe one of the matchers could let me give my money to his paypal? (preferably someone that i can be sure is trustworthy :D)

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice

yay...
I'd like to donate but can't... maybe one of the matchers could let me give my money to his paypal? (preferably someone that i can be sure is trustworthy :D)
I think redact said he would help you guys if you asked him, and hes about as trustworth as you can get XD

Zoler

Smash Ace

yay...
Worked for me, I use mastercard.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
It's too late to for "Slow and Steady" and it didn't really pull in a lot anyways. The original idea was to keep some momentum and increase the lead in preparation for Skullgirl's drive. It didn't really work, probably because people thought we had it in the bag, but maybe the matching ratio wasn't high enough and/or the goal was too high. I'd rather the people who were going to match or donate a small amount put it towards Scar's MIOM matching drive or the "Spirit Bomb."

I will honor J.Shadows and kupo15 by matching thier donations, but I'm going to wait to do it until one of the big drives.

Top Bottom