• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lordy's Monthly v5 Results - Grand Rapids, MI (1/26/13)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
1/26/2013 - Grand Rapids - Apex 2013 Ruleset

Project Melee $5, 13 Entrants

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: SuperTH ($39.00) :sonic:/:sheik:
2: fZk ($19.50) :lucas:
3: Tech_Chase ($6.50) :sheik:
4: Jawsome :link2:/:ganondorf:
5: ,.., :dk2:/:mario2:
5: TRNZi :ness2:
7: root :sheilda:
7: A2 :ike:
9: Sophy :random:
9: Red :sheik:
9: Leo :random:
9: Marco :ganondorf:
13: McK :ness2:

Brawl Doubles $10 per team, 8 Teams

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: Lordy + L_Cancel ($48.00) :metaknight:/:falcon: + :olimar:
2: Tech_Chase + DRDN ($24.00) :wario: + :diddy:/:kirby2:
3: fZk + Marco ($8.00) :diddy: + :metaknight:
4: Amity + Jawsome :snake: + :pikachu2:
5: Legit + Red :gw: + :sheik:
5: SuperTH + Goddy :marth: + :metaknight:
7: Cocksock + Hyde :zerosuitsamus: + :lucas:
7: Bflake + Dfire :olimar: + :kirby2:

Brawl Singles $5, 22 Entrants

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: L_Cancel ($66.00) :olimar:
2: fZk ($33.00) :diddy:
3: Tech_Chase ($11.00) :wario:/:dedede:
4: Marco :metaknight:
5: Goddy :metaknight:
5: Lordy :metaknight:/:falcon:
7: Amity :snake:
7: TBird :snake:
9: SuperTH :marth:
9: Red :sheik:
9: BFlake :olimar:
9: Jawsome :pikachu2:
13: Cocksock :zerosuitsamus:
13: Legit :gw:
13: Hyde :lucas:
13: Sophy :marth:
17: Jewswag :lucas:
17: Leo :random:
17: A2 :ike:
17: Hallurak :ganondorf:
17: rsr2 :wolf:
17: Nom :metaknight:

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
First, First, First

Marco used Ganon in PM

A2 used Ike in Brawl

Special Shoutouts to the Cop that pulled me over and then talked to us about Super Smash Bros

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Well I have a headlight out so the cop pulled me over. Then when he asked where we were coming from we told him we had been playing super smash bros. And he replied, "Smash 64?". We said "no, Brawl". the he asked what that one was and we said it was the newest one for the wii.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Well I have a headlight out so the cop pulled me over. Then when he asked where we were coming from we told him we had been playing super smash bros. And he replied, "Smash 64?". We said "no, Brawl". the he asked what that one was and we said it was the newest one for the wii.
Nicee. Fix that headlight :denzel:

SHOUTOUTS

1: L_Cancel ($66.00) :olimar: I owe you 6 bux. Thanks for teaming and good job winning as usual. Can't wait to see & play you again
2: fZk ($33.00) :diddy: Owe you 3 bux and 50 cents. Good job reclaiming 2nd at this. Your sets vs L, myself, and Marco were all really good.
3: Tech_Chase ($11.00) :wario:/:dedede: Owe you $1 :yeahboi: Thanks so much for coming up again, Lordy tournies only get better :cool:
4: Marco :metaknight: You were playing so good today, I'ma get you back tho. But for now you go the lowest I've ever seen :embarrass:
5: Goddy :metaknight: Sorry we didn't get to play much, singles went on a lot longer than I anticipated it to. Good set vs Amity.
5: Lordy :metaknight:/:falcon: Got exposed by EL. Back to pumping CPU iron.
7: Amity :snake: Thanks for coming up, it's been too long! Rep that OG West Michigan Snake
7: TBird :snake: Yoooo, so much improving.
9: SuperTH :marth: Dat Marth. Good job in PM.
9: Red :sheik: You are sleeping on my chair right now
9: BFlake :olimar: Keep at it
9: Jawsome :pikachu2: DK DITTOS TOOO GOOD
13: Cocksock :zerosuitsamus: Work on that doubles ZSS :denzel:
13: Legit :gw: Needs more top 3
13: Sophy :marth: Great seeing you as always :smirk:

Traverse City Crew: THANK YOU Randall for bringing a bunch of cool people to my place, had a blast hanging out with the crew.
Grand Rapids Kids: Glad you guys are putting in work and coming to these, keep at it!

JTsm

Smash Master
This looked fun. Wish I could have came.

I'll update the brawl pr thread with results later today.

Amity should of beaten Goddy >:I

D

Deleted member

Na, I actually played serious this time in my singles matches.

I was the one with the Shoryuken hat.

Shout outs later.

#low

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I have a lot of project m recorded. But it will be a while before I upload the matches because brawl has priority :denzel:

:phone:

fZk

Smash Lord
Soo much fun, ran a little bit later than what I would have like but we had a quite a bit more entrants than usual.
Marco didn't get his $4 from doubles.

Shoutouts later.

Hey just wondering, were any Project M matches recorded? Also, I'm putting together an archive of Project M tournament results; if someone could list the characters that the rest of the top 8 (or everyone, if possible!) used, that would be extremely helpful :).
TRNZi used :ness2: , don't remember anyone else.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Freeverse City Represent! Also Jewswag used Lucas and Halluraka used Ganon.

Full shoutouts later.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Nicee. Fix that headlight :denzel:

SHOUTOUTS

1: L_Cancel ($66.00) :olimar: I owe you 6 bux. Thanks for teaming and good job winning as usual. Can't wait to see & play you again
2: fZk ($33.00) :diddy: Owe you 3 bux and 50 cents. Good job reclaiming 2nd at this. Your sets vs L, myself, and Marco were all really good.
3: Tech_Chase ($11.00) :wario:/:dedede: Owe you $1 :yeahboi: Thanks so much for coming up again, Lordy tournies only get better :cool:
4: Marco :metaknight: You were playing so good today, I'ma get you back tho. But for now you go the lowest I've ever seen :embarrass:
5: Goddy :metaknight: Sorry we didn't get to play much, singles went on a lot longer than I anticipated it to. Good set vs Amity.
5: Lordy :metaknight:/:falcon: Got exposed by EL. Back to pumping CPU iron.
7: Amity :snake: Thanks for coming up, it's been too long! Rep that OG West Michigan Snake
7: TBird :snake: Yoooo, so much improving.
9: SuperTH :marth: Dat Marth. Good job in PM.
9: Red :sheik: You are sleeping on my chair right now
9: BFlake :olimar: Keep at it
9: Jawsome :pikachu2: DK DITTOS TOOO GOOD
13: Cocksock :zerosuitsamus: Work on that doubles ZSS :denzel:
13: Legit :gw: Needs more top 3
13: Sophy :marth: Great seeing you as always :smirk:

Traverse City Crew: THANK YOU Randall for bringing a bunch of cool people to my place, had a blast hanging out with the crew.
Grand Rapids Kids: Glad you guys are putting in work and coming to these, keep at it!
>13: Sophy :marth: Great seeing you as always :smirk:
>Great seeing you
>Great
>seeing
>you
>as always
>always
>forever
>Lordy and I
Awwwwwww yeah.

[EDIT]
I used Marth, Lucas, and Zelda in PM.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I have a lot of project m recorded. But it will be a while before I upload the matches because brawl has priority :denzel:

:phone:
Sure, that's perfectly fine. Would you mind posting in the Tournament Results Archive once you finish uploading the PM videos? As a fellow uploader, I know how annoying it is to post videos in multiple threads, but this would be a great service to the PM community.

TRNZi used :ness2: , don't remember anyone else.
Thank for the help :). Does anyone remember who ,.., used?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Super's hasty Pre-work shoutouts.​

1: SuperTH ($39.00) :sonic:/:sheik:/:wario: - Try and choose a character to focus on, would you? I saw that Pit and Diddy in Set 1 GF. Also, where did your Mario go? This guy is trash. T_T
2: fZk ($19.50) :lucas: - This guy is legit better. Also wtf Lucas combos too good. Eat dem Sheik's up.
3: Tech_Chase ($6.50) :sheik: - Uh. Lol.
4: Jawsome :link2: - Where you at, I was up there waiting for you in GF and you went and got yourself beat. Where dat Ganon at?
5: ,.., :mario: - Needs more cape. P:M cape so broke.
5: TRNZi :ness: - Never got to fight you, I think.... and if I did, sorry for :sonic:.
7: root :sheilda: - We didn't even get to play friendlies, although I'm sure you weren't up for a MM... Heh.
7: A2 :ike: - See Brawl.
9: Sophy :random: - Who did you use in bracket? I never fought you in it, but I thought you were all up in the :lucas:.
9: Red :sheik: - Sheiks and PSIkids everywhere. I was looking forward to meeting you in bracket... maybe next time?
9: Leo :random: - You're a guy.
9: Marco :ganondorf: - Needs more Wizard Kick. And jab. And Side-B. Oh my god where was the side-B at. Soooooo good. GGs.
13: McK :random: - I think we played a little bit of friendlies. Chill.

Brawl Singles
Why did I even join Brawl Doubles.

1: L_Cancel ($66.00) :olimar: - Yoooo, I was in your corner when you faced fZk the first time. That West MI hero.
2: fZk ($33.00) :diddy: - GGs all day long, even though we didn't play in Brawl this time.
3: Tech_Chase ($11.00) :wario:/:dedede: - Soooo salty I didn't meet up with you in bracket. I ate :metaknight: all day long.
4: Marco :metaknight: - Got Shuttle Loop'd.
5: Goddy :metaknight: - Got Shuttle Loop'd.
5: Lordy :metaknight:/:falcon: - Didn't play, but probably would have got Shuttle Loop'd.
7: Amity :snake: - Wanted to play you so bad, shame we only met in doubles and I got bodied by full-charge Snake Fsmash. Ban :snake:.
7: TBird :snake: - MM too legit. Way too fun playing with you, best of 5 is always the way to go. You had my heart going there in Game 5. Watch your spotdodges around high tier characters - they can punish so effectively.
9: SuperTH :marth: - :mario:?
9: Red :sheik: - Quit sandbagging.
9: BFlake :olimar: - Yooo, that teams olimar is pretty legit on the defensive. Work on your recovery, and you'll be the new L_Cancel.
9: Jawsome :pikachu2: - Silly Pikachu, that belt doesn't go on your head.
13: Cocksock :zerosuitsamus: - All you need is some matchup experience and you'll start doing real well. Also, stop dairing. It's awful.
13: Legit :gw: - Too legit to quit you~
13: Hyde :lucas: - Didn't get to play this time. Go for some Project M, and you'll find Lucas to be a lot more... Just a lot more.
13: Sophy :marth: - Yoooo, I was pulling for you vs. Jawsome. Tip broken. ban :marth:.
17: Jewswag :lucas: - Best name at tourney?
17: Leo :mario: - get off my Mario.
17: A2 :ike: - Ike is an interesting matchup. I'll have to look into it more.
17: Hallurak :ganondorf: - TC represent! Old man Ganon is too good.
17: rsr2 :wolf: - Wolf? Where's that :marth: I've been hearing about?
17: Nom :metaknight: - Get nom'd.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
I had a great time and I'm glad to know I'm improving ^_^ looking forward to that footage so I can see how scrubtacular I am. hahaha

Good matches and I'm glad v5 was successful! Looking forward to the next one and I hope all of you PM players show up to rootfest 4 ;)

Shoutouts!
1: SuperTH ($39.00) :sonic: / :sheik: / :wario: - Congrats on your win! I do wish we could have played some friendlies, but you're right, I'm not ready to rematch you quite yet ;) Stay on your toes, though... I'll take you down one day!
2: fZk ($19.50) :lucas: - Grand finals was hype as hell. Wish you could spend more time on PM to learn all of Lucas' tricks. Hope I was at least some help during your set... good money match, let's do it consecutively next time :p
3: Tech_Chase ($6.50) :sheik: - Didn't talk to you much but I heard a lot about your skill and you seem like a cool guy. I hope to get some games in with you next time!
4: Jawsome :link: / :ganondorf: - Congrats on 4th... still super salty about how I lost, but it was a well-deserved win. You won't be getting away that easy next time! Good **** as usual dude, see you next month!
5: ,..., :dk2: / :mario2: - Allendale reppin. Glad you came out and I hope you had fun. (And I hope those smelly mindgames worked in your favor...)
5: TRNZi :ness: - Suddenly realizing that both you AND Benji placed better than me. Something is amiss :p Let's take the bracket by storm next time! ALLENDALE REPPIN
7: root :sheilda: - Quit being a scrub and L2 space properly.
7: A2 - I had fun playing your Falcon. Hopefully next tourney goes better for you :)
9: Sophy - I love you, Kota. Don't stop being gay ^_^
9: Red :sheik: - Loved the Sheik dittos. You had my heart racing in bracket. Good matches, let's do it again.
9: Leo - You and the rest of Muskegon are some of the chillest guys I've ever met. Please don't stop supporting the scene!
9: Marco :ganondorf: - Fireballs aren't as scary as you think :p I should have stayed Zelda though, lol. Good set. Wish we could have gotten that MM in.
13: McK :ness: - I really hope you had fun and learned something. We'll work on your game some more, it's really awesome to see you so interested in the game and willing to learn :D

@metroid1117: I know ,..., in real life, I'll ask him who he used in bracket next time I see him and PM you.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
So it looks like I accidentally ganked someone's black controller thinking that it was McK's. It was near one of my PM setups. If it's yours, PM me with a description (it has a distinct marking on it) and I'll find a way to get it back to you. Sorry about that!

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
L_Cancel, here's that game that I played against you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgX1dvkYIA0

I'm really glad that I got to play you of all people in Brawl. I'm not all that great but I know the game well enough to know what kind of approaches to make and what not to do. I find myself rushing my foe and playing awfully aggressive not really taking to mind how I'm about to get punished. Playing against you constantly shows me just what I'm doing wrong and what I might be doing that has me go from 0% to *****! Although I still didn't even take a stock off of you game two went a hell of a lot better with Marth than game one with Fox went. By game two I figured that I couldn't just jump around throwing hits so I had to go someone with more reach and a better punish game that I'm actually familiar with.

Once more, I really enjoyed playing you. Thanks a ton for giving me ANAL!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm missing the phone charger lol

Also TRNZi used :ness2: and :falcon: And :falco: ..if you count losing to my :sheik: lol

Shoutouts later. Fun *** tourney!

rsr2

Smash Lord
SUPER KAWAII SHOUTOUTS TIME!
1: L_Cancel ($66.00) - Yo congrats on the win. Some of the matches were really hype and I overheard someone say they created a monster when they gave you pizza. (sun)
2: fZk ($33.00) - Nice meeting you man! Goblins ftw!
3: Tech_Chase ($11.00) - Hey boo, well we did talk more this time and those ganon matches were really lolsy. Also I wish I would have a stayed a little longer because I did end up calling into work, oh well >_>
4: Marco - Hey we finally get to meet. Even though we didn't get to talk as much is was cool sitting down and talking about Magic for a bit and watching some of your matches was hype <3
5: Goddy - Yo we finally got to meet. Bring Bible Black next time.
5: Lordy - Yo thanks for hosting the tournament. It was really awesome seeing you again. Can't wait for the next one you stud <3
7: Amity - Yo it's been over a year since the last time I saw you. We should Wi-Fi sometime but that's of course if I can find my brawl, if not I will buy a new one and tell you. ^ _ ^
7: TBird - You were a pretty chill dude to talk to. Nice meeting you ^ _ ^
9: SuperTH - Yeah I was going to play Marth but then when I played friendlies it wasn't working out. I will just stick with wolf for now :p
9: Red - Yooo nice seeing you again man. You were hilarious and I had to tell you me throwing out my back story. Also the ganon matches were lols too <3
9: BFlake - I don't think we met. I am sure I saw you around but I just don't remember sorry : \
9: Jawsome - Hey thanks for knocking me out of the tournament you turd. But thanks for the helpful advice at the end. I totally understand what you were saying but I mostly screwing around because I was more hype to talk to people than anything. But I will remember what you said and will improve. I promise <3
13: Cocksock - Thanks for the friendlies in the beginning :D That was a lot of fun and helped me get some warm up in and you got to experience a hype of a Ganon Battle. Also Nice name.
13: Legit - Thanks for the one friendly and being chill. We didn't really talk as much but still was nice seeing you again.
13: Hyde - Our match was really fun and really close. Well game 2 wasn't but the other 2 were insane. Good games!
13: Sophy - Twerk
17: Jewswag - DO NOT LET THIS DISCOURAGE YOU! I saw you were kind'of frustrated after losing, don't worry about it man. I didn't do to great as well but it was all worth it :p
17: Leo - Yo we talked quite a bit on Lordy's bed <3 You were chill and just do what I said about MtG and you will be pro in no time :p
17: A2 - You were really funny and cool to hang out with.
17: Halluraka - Ganon
17: rsr2 - :yeahboi:
17: Nom - Nice meeting you ^ _ ^

This tournament was insanely fun and it makes me want to play more Smash. It was great seeing everyone again. Lots of laughs and I'm sorry if Freeverse City was really loud when we did our Ganon Battles. That was minor compared to what they usually are.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Oh god. I'm watching Grand Finals and I can't follow the mindset I had. I'm embarrassed to say I played that.
dont worry homie it happens when you watch yourself. Playing on the spot of course is much harder.

Lordy: was my set with fzk recorded? that was HYPE AS ****. and id like to watch it. And if you recorded our set, can you send that to me? in private if you want
:yeahboi:

fZk

Smash Lord
Very fun tourney, I'm really glad I went. I was playing pretty well, happy with my performance. Sorry I barely played any friendlies at all, going deep on both events made me only play my sets and barely anything else.

1: L_Cancel ($66.00) - Oh man I almost had you. Great seeing you as always, hit me up with your plans for SWEET.

2: fZk ($33.00)

3: Tech_Chase ($11.00) - Nice seeing you again Derek, we finally had a set that didn't last 40 minutes. I think you should stay Wario against me.

4: Marco - My girl got LOW. <3 u babe

5: Goddy - Great that you decided to come out with us. Good job getting top 5 and beating Amity. We should hang more.

5: Lordy - Get owned by EL, told you you weren't beating me again. Thanks a lot for hosting and having us over, it's always fun.

7: Amity -- GG. You were playing really unsafe, I could tell you have a lot of problems with the Diddy matchup, I can help you with that.

7: TBird - You've improved a lot, good choice in switching to snake. Keep at it and you'll be a treat at these.

9: SuperTH - Super you're a nice guy and a very good player, but for ****'s sake stop johning so much. In all my years of playing I have never met someone that johns as much as you and is so unwilling to give credit to others. You really need to work on that, it will help you become a better player.

9: Red - GGs in PM. I think you had an off day/

9: BFlake - didn't play

9: Jawsome - I barely saw you at this. We need to play and talk more.

13: Cocksock - Still the best name.

13: Legit - Tom!!!! You seem to be stuck in a hump you can't get over, I can help you with that. Work on mixups and being more unpredictable.

13: Hyde - It's not a West MI tourney if we don't get a Lucas ditto in. Sorry for our set, I wanted to warm up with Diddy so I went hard.

13: Sophy - didn't play this time.
17: Jewswag - second best name.
17: Leo
17: A2
17: Hallurak
17: rsr2 - Nice meeting you.
17: Nom

Great games to everybody i played in PM, I will practice more and try to become better. Had tons of fun and I like the game even more now.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
9: SuperTH - Super you're a nice guy and a very good player, but for ****'s sake stop johning so much. In all my years of playing I have never met someone that johns as much as you and is so unwilling to give credit to others. You really need to work on that.
>> Repeatedly say you played better
>> Repeatedly claim you should have won
>> Going over my faults as a player is treated as johns.
>> Thus I am not giving credit.

Pfffft, I john like it's my job. I'm thinking politics. Real talk, if you hear me going over why I lost or played poorly, it's because it's how I organize my thoughts better. I don't remember things well unless I say them, or type them to remind myself. I am very aware it what it comes off as not giving credit, but I want you to know that you did play very well. Your ability to adapt was akin to, as everyone was fond of shouting, "download complete."

I'm sorry I gave such a poor impression, but I have to do what I do so I remember the lessons a match teaches me. By claiming, "I freakin' SD'd" I aim to keep that fresh in my memory so I don't do it again. It's not to belittle your success in the game, it's to shame myself. Again, I'm sorry. I'm very aware that it comes off as excuses, and in the moment I'll play up the johns because, really, they are in some capacity, I'm sure. I'm known for the johns, but I know the score. You did well and deserved to have made it into Grand Finals. I just hope to keep playing and give you a match we can both be proud of.

Top Bottom