• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/10/08 Smashers Unite Biweeklies!!!

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
SMASHERS UNITE 2!!!!

BI-WEEKLIES for our upcoming Smashers Unite Tournament

Next Tournament 5/10/08

For Biweeklies it will be a fee of:
$5 for singles
$10 per team for doubles

-Our entry fee will start low to see how much interest we can generate and raise if we need to fund raise more.

Address - http://www.tbscomics.com/
550 Mary Esther Boulevard #4
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548

Tournament will be for Super Smash Brothers Brawl NOT MELEE (sadly). We will be starting signups at 11:00 A.M. and free play and warm ups. Doubles will start at 12:00 p.m. and singles after doubles. I would estimate singles starting at around 1:30p.m., but try to be around even earlier than that just in case. This is also our 1st attempt at a brawl tournament, but I doubt it will happen any different than a melee tournament.

There are tons of food options around the tournament location so no worries about that.

There will be singles and doubles tournaments and also plenty of time for friendlies and MMs. The tournament will be held at TBS Comics located in the Longhorns Steak house Plaza. This is a comic shop with ample room and resources for this tournament. Housing will be available if needed from the north florida crew. This will be a first come first serve basis, so room isn't unlimited. Anyone who can supply setups or even a single cube, tv, power strip, or anything please bring these items with you, and tell me so i can put this on the pre reg list. Also a small percentage of the pot goes to the growing OOS fund for out next Smashers Unite Tournament. The date is pending depending on what venue we decide on.

Prizes

singles
1st - 60%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%
10% goes to OOS bonus :)

doubles
1st - 60%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%
10% goes to OOS bonus

RULES

-Best 2 out of 3 (all finals 3 out of 5)
-singles 6 minute and doubles 8 minute time limits
-Dave's Stupid Rule
-all stage bans that are in effect are the consensis of the popular smash community
-Blind pick if needed
-team attack on
-(after 1st round) loser choses stage, winner choses char, then loser chooses char, repeat if needed for 3rd round
-DEODORANT RULE A.K.A. DON'T SMELL BAD!!!
-NO JONS

RANDOM STAGES
Final Destination
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi Island
Smashville

COUNTER PICK ABLE STAGES
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Bridge of Eldin
Brinstar
Castle Seige
Hanenbow
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Onett
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria
Distant Planet
Green Greens
Green Hill Zone
PictoChat
Port Town Aero Dive
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld
Yoshi's Island/Melee

BANNED STAGES
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Spear Pillar
Summit
75m
Big Blue
Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
New Pork City
WarioWare inc.

For questions comments
drumma_boi (john) - phone: 850-699-0669
aim: drummerdudeeg
ram (ryan) - phone: =(
aim: ram7337
rice (rice) - phone: =(
aim: ricevault

p.s. for most housing needs try to get in touch with ram. call drumma if u cant get in touch with ram.

OLD RESULTS FOR SU 1

Singles
10/7/2006
32-man bracket

1 John Wo Winnings: $161.00
2 Ram Winnings: $46.00
3 Rice Winnings: $23.00
4 Drumma_Boi
5 Ricky
5 Raynell
7 Rook
7 Chaddly
9 CJ
9 SlitThroat1010
9 James
9 Alectrius
13 NADA
13 Ty
13 LeeKyle
13 Jason
17 Josh
17 Blad3s
17 7-UP
17 Xcal
17 Kiefer
17 Jeremy

Doubles
10/7/2006
8-man bracket

1 The Joods Winnings: $98.00 (ricky + ray)
2 IguuYaah Winnings: $42.00 (rice + drumma)
3 The Moonanites Winnings: $0.00 (ram + rook)
4 Exile Winnings: $0.00
5 Kibbles 'n' bits (Nada + Jason)
5 The Gardners (slitthroat1010 + blad3s)
7 Green machine (7-up + xcal)
7 FBD

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Sweet, nice to see NFL finally get some tourneys going. Make sure to advertise it to UWF well. I'll do my best to be there and bring Pritch & Gahtzu. Maybe Phanna & Derf from Gainesville could catch a ride with us too. Can't speak for them though, I'm just offereing a ride. :)

We'll bring a few cubes & VCRs, possibly a TV too. It's so anoying taking out my spare tire to make room for it though...

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
yea losing ure spare tire is never good because u never know what can happen on those road trips. Trust me i know what the hell can happen with my last trip to jachsonville/gainsville. lol lol good time still tho.:) :chuckle:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well remember when we went to tourney together I'd still have the tire, I just have to move it around the trunk. Basically I just need the pit it created to set the TV into, then set the tire up beside it. If I couldn't keep the tire wih me, no way I'd bring the TV.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Why am I pre-registered.......?:dizzy:

That said though, I'm probably interested in this since it gives me an excuse to see the family over in Panama City as well. Hopefully the date is open for me, though I won't know till closer to the actual event.

RAM

Smash Lord
I can pick ya up Mr Lance. and you're more then welcomed to housing. I know it sounds corny but I live by that Golden rule thingy you learn in Preschool. it makes choices alot easier.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Why am I pre-registered.......?:dizzy:

That said though, I'm probably interested in this since it gives me an excuse to see the family over in Panama City as well. Hopefully the date is open for me, though I won't know till closer to the actual event.
lol well i guess i should change to a maybe suki said you 3 would be down most likely lol :laugh:

7-up

Smash Cadet
Gonna be my first tourny enviorment but I gotta start somewhere :p
Count me in and is it pay at the door?

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
@RAM- Dude, if you could pick u up at the gh station and we could stay with you...that nakes this tourney a big possibility. I checked the calendar and I only take my college classes on Mon, Tues, and Wed. If I can get some people to go with and i'm not totally broke, i'm coming.

@Chad- If Nite can't go because of school and your crew won't go, me and you can go together dude, we could even be partners in doubles..... I'll be a better partner than I was in that low-tier tourney at Troopers...Peach is definitely not low tier :)

-edit-

**** it, i'm going regardless. Pre-reg this Memphian :bigthumbu I've haven't been in the mood to play smash at home by myself lately since the bi-weeklies got canceled...this is just what I needed.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I will try my best to make it. Alot depends on if I can get the money to go and plus that is around the forecasted launch of the Wii. If you want you can pre-reg me. If I end up not being able to go I can cancel.

Lance-666 Mark of the Dress!!!!

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Lance or Chad-Have you guys checked into how much it will cost to bus it there? Just wondering so I can plan more about going.

RAM

Smash Lord
Welp Lance, all is good then . my house is pretty well sized for housing. same goes to X2X and anyone else who needs housing. we're going to have a hugh *** smashfest day before the actual tourney. but if you need housing my info is on the front page cell number and my aim info. anyway 6 weeks till peanut butter tourny time. also LA guys it's only a 3 and a half to 4 hour drive COME ONNNNNNN! :chuckle:

also My mom said housing is a good to go
( I already knew this cause my mom is too nice ) and she will allow 20 or more for housing. U HEARD ME 20!!!!!!!!!! I suggest bringing a cover a pillow thou and it won't be as cramped as you think cause the living room is pretty **** big.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
yea lance i got u covered on the ride from the bus station.

and also everyone that needs housing get that taken care of with ram because he lives about 15 minutes down the highway and sorry i dont know what his address is so RAM POST URE ADDRESS!!!! and uhh @doodah there is no OOS bonus this tourny because this is our first tourny but yea when we get some biweeklies going to fill up our OOS bonus fund then yea im sure we can count u for OOS for driving over 9 hours.:) good luck with the drive i hate 9 hours drives or rides to INN right ram lol :)

RAM

Smash Lord
8201 HARDINGTON DR. also I'll be on AIM tonight at 10 if anyone want to discuss housing matters. my aim name is RAM7337 also Drumma The Flyers for the locals to see. She is done ho ho.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
thats nice ryan that ure street address is 8201 HARDINGTON DR. but im sure people need city and zip. if they need state they clearly have no idea where they are going and are worse at navigation thanme and u man. lol

8201 HARDINGTON DR. Navarre, Fl i dont know the zip code sorry :) :)

Nite

Smash Champion
Speak for yourself, biweeklies don't come around to often anymore. That means Nite doesn't make any money unless you or someone else starts hosting tournaments. I want to go, but I don't want to spend all my money going. I'll have to miss a day of school, but I'll try my best to come guys.

Nite

Smash Champion
Hopefully you will start hosting a lot of tourneys so we can make some money. I'll try my best to go. Shouldn't you be at work?

You can go ahead and pre-reg me for now, but it's no guarantee.

Top Bottom