• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Sauga! Mississauga, Ontario / JAN 6th UPDATED w/RULES AND STUFF

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Clash of the Sauga! will be the first tournament open in Mississauga. We hope to also hold possibly bimonthlies too for guys to come and improve on skill.

Date: Saturday, January 6th, 2007

Time: 12-2 PM will be casual play and Tournament starts at 2 till whenever things end

Pay: $7 (This will cover the management AND food). $10 for singles, $10 per person in teams and $5 for low tier.

Tournements being held:

Singles
Doubles
Low Tier

Depending on how much players we get and the interest level of the guys within day, maybe even a North vs South crew battle.

Tournament Rules

Singles, Doubles & Low tier :

It will be run by Double Elimination bracketing. Each round will be Best of 3, 4 stock matches with 8 minute time limit. Semi-finals and Loser's bracket finals will be Best of 5, 4 stock matches with a 10 minute time limit. Finals will be Best of 5, 4 stock with no time limit.

Stages

* Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium.

* Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium.

* Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

* Stages banned for Doubles Only: Mute City and Fountain of Dreams

* Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, and Onett.

* All other stages available for counter-pick

* 1st game will be random. Then after that Loser of the previous game picks next stage. Winner picks character first, then Loser picks character after.

* For Low Tier tournament only Low and Bottom tier characters are allowed. Zelda is okay but she can't change into Sheik.

Dave's Stupid Rule is intact. No stage can be used twice in a set.

Additional Rules

-Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in first a warning, 2nd time around will result in a forfeit. (twice per team, aswell)
-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
-Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
-Players/Teams can receive coaching only before matches, not during matches. If people continue to coach as we warn them once, the team receiving the coaching will forfeit
-For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON
-For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed

Controllers

-You are responsible for bringing your own controller, the store has some but it is recommended.
-Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
-Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Winners of each tournament

The prize money will be split by:

1st- 60% of the potluck
2nd- 30% of the potluck
3rd- 10% of the potluck

WE NEED TVS AND CUBES WITH SMASH. WHATEVER HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Also will be holding a SSB64 tournament for fun.

But if you have questions and stuff add me on MSN or email me through me at finalfury99@hotmail.com

LOL @ Clash of the Sausage

gameguy07

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see what I'm up against. Also...are any of the Miss smashes actually kids?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Yo, If I come I can bring a cube at least. Mabye a little TV.
How small is it? lol. Like measurement by inches. I don't mean to be picky but a 20+ inch screen is ideal.

The cube definately helps man, thanks.

The talented guys are quite young man. Like in the 16 years old area, lol.

ChrnoX

Smash Cadet
Coming to the tourney lol i have a busted controller:p ill try and bring a cube and i think 4 stock is the best!

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can probably bring a TV and cube.

Probably best to copy rules from on of the other tournaments.

I would say best of 3, 4 stock, 8 min time limit. Semis best of 3, 4 stock 10 min or no time limit, Finals best of 5, 4 stock, no time limit.

I will post more a bit later, gonna work on some other stuff now.

GJ with it though.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I can probably bring a TV and cube.

Probably best to copy rules from on of the other tournaments.

I would say best of 3, 4 stock, 8 min time limit. Semis best of 3, 4 stock 10 min or no time limit, Finals best of 5, 4 stock, no time limit.

I will post more a bit later, gonna work on some other stuff now.

GJ with it though.
Greatly appreciate your help man.

I would like feedback of what you guys think of the date. Very sorry for having it so close to XMas.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
well personally that date isnt too good for me cause i think thats when my cuzins birthday is and even though i dont want to go ill have to go to his part and i think my christmas break starts that days so ill be very late

Can we have it later on in december? Maybe 27 or some where in that general time

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
UPDATE:

Okay guys, yes I can change the date. But it's your call to which of the two.

Saturday, December 30th

OR

Saturday, January 6th

Choose :].

D

Deleted member

Dude, expect NNR to hit this up, should be fun. Need a location though. Just for clarification, is it at a rented room / house / apartment building / ???

It's great to finally have other people hosting and not just us / Andy

(Andy is like an honourary co-host to all of our tournaments, yo)

Yeah and either date is cool

12 AM? Is that for real?

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't give a **** about the date, the only day I have plans for (or rather I plan to make plans for) is New Year's Eve.

BTW, I just want to say that Andy is without a doubt the best thing the Ontario tournament scene has going for it right now. Without him we'd all be screwed. Plus he can do the silly white people dance and has connections with Nikola Tesla.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
The basement is big enough to fit in about 60 people if you ask me. lol but I'm not good with the scaling so I could be wrong.

I also hope to have this tournaments monthly and depending on the crowd of people that come maybe even rent a room in a community center. But as of now I'll stick to the basement since it's quite comfortable.

I'll post up directions to get the the place from SquareOne. But for everyone else there is MapQuest.

Oh and really I just wanted to have warm ups at like 12 to about 1 and then get things started.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I would most prefer it if it was hosted on Saturday, January 6th 2007.
And since i live in georgetown you would have to post mapquest or something so i can find my way to your friends basement. And i vote for 3 stock. The 7$ entry free is OK. and my friend can bring his cube too btw.

a

Smash Cadet
A) If I come, I might not be able to stay.

B) Please, nobody shoot up the place if you get owned by me, I'm a God at SSB [only black
person I know that's good.]

C) I might come, not too sure.

Good luck to all the players if I come. XD

gameguy07

Smash Rookie
The TV I would bring is relally small I think around 20 inches not sure. Wouldn't be for actual tourney matches. More for having some fun. Like I said I've never played competitivly before so I'd like to see how bad I'ma loose lol.

I'd love it to be the 6th also. I'd like if possible to mabye hook up woth some of yall the 30th to have some fun though. OK I dont wanna give out my dads adress so I can tell ya soemthing really clsoe to his house yall might know of...Does anybody here know where the intersection is that has like a Price Chopper (or soemthing like that, orange palce) on one side of the road and a Food Basics (i think lol, green place) on the other?

Scintillatedseed

Smash Journeyman
^ a 20 inch tv is perfect for tourney's so bring that. We use a 14 inch if we have to. :p
So long as it's a CRT it's good.

I"m down for thsi tournament, you just have to give us directions and other details, i'm guessing here's going to be no winner's prize if he said 7 dollars cover's the food and the place.

And i'm guessing you meant 12 PM right?

gameguy07

Smash Rookie
Yeah its kinda a 14 inch not a 20. I can't bring the 20 =/ I could actually bring 2 14's though lol.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll second the motion to raise the entry fees. $10 is better.

Also, some stuff I want to ask about/say:

-Unless otherwise specified, it's probably pointless to bring a cube with no TV. Most people who are bringing a TV will bring their cube too, so you'll probably just end up with a bunch of unused cubes. Basically just make sure that somebody said they were brining an extra TV and make sure your cube is actually needed, or else you'll be carrying it around for no reason.

-Everyone: Watch your sh*t! I never used to think it was a big issue but we had some stuff taken from a few people at our last tournament so just make sure you keep an eye on everything you bring with you.

-We should start a registration list, just to see who will be coming and stuff. I'll start it, and I can maintain it too if need be.

-If the tournament runs "until whenever you want to leave", there should indeed be time for crews, right?

Singles
HMP22
DeLoRtEd1
Bread-Butterer

Teams
HMP22 + VexterJezter? (unconfirmed)

Low Tier
HMP22

And for those of you asking about the ages of smashers: I know of very few players who are much older than, say, 20. NNR is almost entirely composed of 17-year-olds, and one of the best players in Canada (Kingsley) is 12 (although he stopped playing now).

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
lol too bad i won't make it to this tourney for sure.. since i'm on vaction from tuesday till the 7th of january....if only it were any day after...

but hopefully another tourney like this comes up again..

gameguy07

Smash Rookie
OK so if I'm at the Dundas, Hurontario intersection...how far is the tourney? directions would be nice too, thx in advance.

a

Smash Cadet
I might not be able to come, but, I'll see.

If not, good luck to all the players.

I need directions, hopefully it isn't TOO far from where I live.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Gameguy: If I am correct, there should be a 19N bus that goes by the area. Take that to SquareOne and stay on it. Ask the bus driver to tell you to stop you at "Trailwood". As you stop at trailwood walk east to Clansman. From there the first house which is a corner house is where it all happens.

Please use Mapquest just in case.

gameguy07

Smash Rookie
OK I can deffinatley bring a cube, and a 20 inch T.V.

Oh and I'll just mapquest it from my dads house. Not gonna take the bus when I can get a ride...wish I could freaking drive...

GAmer1991

Smash Apprentice
Missisauga huh....
I'm pretty sure I'm not busy that day, but I'll go ask right now.

EDIT: I can go, Wii.

I'll be bringing a Gamecube...And hopefully my digital camcorder.
I'm hopefully participating in all the events. :p

Top Bottom