• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Acupuncture: A Sheik Combo Video by Ares

Ares726

Smash Ace
Hey everybody. I recently got a capture card so I decided to make a combo video of my Sheik. It's my first video so tell me what you think about it. Good comments, bad critiques, and indifferent "meh"s. So yea, here it is, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmEySSvCvNo

EDIT: By the way, these clips are about a month old.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Good job on the video. Not an incredibly show of skill but there were a few pretty good clips, and you had an entertaining intro. Opponents fell for a lot of the same stuff and could have been better. Probably should be lady looks like a dude, but to be honest, I'm not a fan of music having a cheesy connection to the character, especially if it doesn't really fit, so I'd suggest against that next time you make a video. Regardless, a good job on your first video.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Video:
Too much Samus and IC... Need more variety of character battles...

Matches:
Average...

marthsword

Smash Ace
you did a good job on your first video, but you fight the same people and characters, and I saw a lot of the same combos. I liked some scenes a lot though.

Santi

Smash Lord
impressive with needles
umm
beggining was a little repetitive with samus using bomb jumps to grappling the side of the stage, then u dropping off the ledge and giving him a fair in the face,
but all in all it was good for a first video. way better than my first video

i liked the music
way better than my , GO NINJA! GO NINJA GO!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
"meh" "bleh"...these are the words that came to mind when i was seeing this vid...this was very lackluster...your sheik is pretty slow...yes you used needles pretty well...but youropponents were dumb...why did that falco keep runing into your needles insetad of just dropping down a bit lower and sweetspotting the edge...its liek your opponents are allwoing you to do these combos on them...that smaus needs to learn how to play smaus and the same goes for the ic's..if a sheik i sbeating a ic's..then the ic's are doing something terribly, terribly wrong...um...you dsmash too much...grab more...i hated the song...very slowpaced...after i watch a good combo vid i get all tingly inside...and i usually HAVE TO watch it again....but for this one...i dont care if i never watched it in the first place...it doesnt matte thats this is your first vid...that doesnt mean that you have to play bad...idk...just play better for the next one...and play more and better opponents...im sure your better than this...

I DID LOVE THE INTRO PART THOUGH....IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!......PURE PWNAGE FTW!!!!....peace

-hiroshi

I'm going to comment on the technical skill of Prac...

1.You should see those ledge hoped Fairs coming and attempt to tech them.

2.There were times where you could have >B recovered with the IC's.

But i did like the needle kills. =D

Prac352

Smash Lord
Yes everybody, I know I'm not very amazing. I hate that that somehow reflects poorly on Ares. It's not his fault that he can only play with people of lesser skill. But we enjoy playing smash, and Ares felt like making a vid. So we did. Constructive criticism is appreciated. Negative comments . . . not so much.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hahahaha, "Boom Head Shot!!"...

It's hard to create an entertaining Sheik video, but you did a good job. Admittedly there weren't too many great combos, but your usage of her needles was very impressive.

Top Bottom