• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MBGaming SSBM Tourny aka Fo Sho 2 refer to other thread

Echo

Smash Champion
Think I might kreep this... we got some people that play Halo that want to come, and I could probably carpool... how good do you think the smash turnout will be?

and I heard it might just be Halo 1... is that true or will Halo 2 be played

Angel_MB

Smash Rookie
The tourny of halo will just be halo 1 this time people will prolly be playing halo 2 there some but tourny is just halo 1 and we are hoping that the turn out for smash will be bout 40 + people

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
this could have a decent turnout...it takes commitment on the part of promoting this thing and commitment of the smashers to show up.

inside and outside of town support could easily genarate a 50 man tourny

i also found a new group of dudes that would be interested!

Echo

Smash Champion
****** got a point... if you want to see alot of people come play, you would have to make sure theres a good payout...

like I said I would probably be able to make it, with the likes of Shook On3 and some other halo players... surely I could bring around 4 smash players or so, but I mean if its gonna be 40$ to play... how are you gonna end up winning anything? I heard you had like 8 people last time lol

Angel_MB

Smash Rookie
$40 - 45 dollars to compete is intense.

any how max price is $45 dollars for both the single and double and thats if you dont pre -register

and pay out for what i am hoping for a 1st prize pay out on the singles between $120 - $180 dallors

Echo

Smash Champion
nah dude the entry fee is fine, just as long as enough of it goes towards the payout, thats all i was saying.

some places take like 80% of it for their profit... and thats ****s weak.

Echo

Smash Champion
its actually a really good idea... it keeps all the entrys for the actual tournament, into the pot.

surprising, with as much **** as oklahoma talks, you figure they'd be excited - you know... since they'd win it all.

Angel_MB

Smash Rookie
well i know it is kinda of expensive... but it cost us like 500 dollars to get the room.. but the rest of the money goes into the pot... if we promote it write we will get a good turn out ... and we have over 24 hours of time that we can smash this doesnt have to be a short toury we can get whatever out of this that we want... and at there will be more then just money prizes there will be door prizes and **** for the lower rankers...

and with the 15 buck door fee you can play some halo too and any other games that are brought....

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Oklahoma doesnt talk nearly as much **** as Houston *cough* T"G"M *cough*.

Anyway, I didnt realize the room cost $500, how big is it?

I will definitely try and go to this.

Angel_MB

Smash Rookie
it cost about 280 per room and we got two of there rooms.. it is a little over 2200 square feet i think all together for what we got

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Oklahoma doesnt talk nearly as much **** as Houston *cough* T"G"M *cough*.

Anyway, I didnt realize the room cost $500, how big is it?

I will definitely try and go to this.

good stuff rasta!!... look foward to seein u all

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
Idk about this. If there is a good showing I will diff be there no doubt. The looking of things if might not be half too bad.

Leg10n

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there for sure, and there should be carloads of nebraska players.

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah, looks like i'll be there for sure... anyone wanna set up some MMs? :D

for friendly and social purposes only, nothin personal.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
there is plenty of time between now and the tourny soo more time to prepare and advertise this should be good.

Angel_MB

Smash Rookie
starting in april we are gona advertise here and some other places but we arn't gona start really hitting it hard untill april 1

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
how is it gonna work as far as staying overnight for the tourney? do we have to rent a hotel room?

this seems a bit rigged, not trying to be mean but to take 500 dollars to rent a place i have a feeling that not many will show up and its realistically gonna make the pot smaller.

mms?

a_madman

Smash Rookie
Yo, boys... good to see some interest for this tourney! I'm the admin of mbgaming and here's how it is...

Wichita LAN Party (WLP) is a PC group that has been hosting this event for years... mbgaming is a group of console gamers that started as a Halo 1 clan back in the day (before I was around). WLP and mbgaming got together in January of '07 to host an event that had both PC and console tournaments. It was successful, even though there was a horrible snow storm during it that kept a lot of people away. So, now we're doing it again in April with some more space... which is perfect for you Smashers. The cost of the venue is actually more than what Angel said, but we don't need to get into all that here. If you have questions about money, go to wichitalan.com and talk to Drupi... he's in charge of the finances.

Anyway, we had 60 people at the January event... but only a handful were smashers. We would love to host for you guys, though, if you show up. The $15 door fee is set by WLP and covers their costs of venue, network equipment, their website, etc. Angel has control of the tournament fees and 100% of those numbers will be paid out as the prize... so you can negotiate with him what you want it to be. Everyone who comes is going to pay the $15 door fee... PC, Halo, Smashers... so the cost of the venue is spread out and the prize pots will not be a lower percentage if less or more come than expected.

We hope you can all make it to Wichita for this event! Let us know if there are specific questions... either here or you can email me directly: a.madman@gmail.com

edit: oh, and if you need a place to stay... the event itself is in a Best Western hotel and they'll give you a discount if you say you're attending the event... there are also some other cheap hotels down the street

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
I have been working with a_madman on this and i might actually take charge of this tournament. In short wat it means is that...

Fo Sho 2
Hosted by Simply Rice
Collaberation with MBgaming

So for those of you that are kinda of iffy about the whole thing, just ask anyone who attended Fo Sho 1 and they will tell you that it was a good tournament. The rules are pretty much going to be the same with a few tweaks here and there so it will be much smoother than the first. Im HOPING/EXPECTING alot of OOS'ers to show up to rep their states. NEB, KS/MO, OK im expecting you guys to draw in the surrounding states to this event. Even if they dont play smash there still the Halo 1 tournament and PC side if they want to attend.

How the room is set up is that there is a BIG room split into 3 with dividers, and each room cost around $280. So far they have rented out 2 of the 3 for this event. Im will probably rent out the 3rd room myself SOLEY for smash so that means you guys dont have to worry about sufficent spacing and such. There will be plenty of set ups (considering if OOS'ers bring a couple) and all i need is for you guys to show up and drag people along.

With only 1 week of advertising i was able to draw 60 attendees with only Oklahoma as the out-of state arrivals. Im am confident with the showings of KS/MO and Neb we can well get the number near 80+ as i will be advertising at EVERY GAME STORE in Wichita. To draw in more crowds i am also working with WLP to let me run EVERYTHING from registration fees to prize payout so you guys know it will be taken care of (on the smash side)

Like madman mention if you mention that you are a participant of the tournament you will get the discounted room rate (although i dont know how much...madman?) But im sure some of the local smasher will be able to provide some housing for those neededing it. So if you guys can help out with housing then please let me know. But im sure if you bring your sleeping bags you can find urself a nice corner in the venue and get a good power nap in =P

I will be posting updates as time draws near to the tournament.

P.S. i make it rain

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
every game store in Wichita....?? great finally we got you and mbgaming working together on this...this is looking and sounding amazing!

every OOS that sees this should definantly come to this it will be worth your while!

a_madman said earlier he would pay for an ad on smash boards. we should get that up too

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
wow... im impressed... dont look forward to my comming, but there is that slight chance that i might show up.... but im not gonna tell hehehe, ive got a secret!!!

edit:doubt me all you want, (the more, the more likely i show!)

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
good news!!! i just got my income tax!!! i officially have enough money to go!!! the only question now is... for ppl to doubt me lol, considering thats all the smashers do because ive never attended a smash tourney

Top Bottom