• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC/PA Smashfest Results

D

Deleted member

Thanks to everyone who came, this event was really good. We had 27 singles entries, 5 crews of 5, 10 teams, and a total of 53 people attend this event.

Results for Singles, 1 vs 1:

1. Max
2. Sensei
3. Reik
4. Wesley
5. Swiftbass
5. Renth
7. Eggm
7. D20
9. TheCape77
9. Atomsk
9. Vagabond
9. Sheik
13. Taki
13. Naka
13. El Komosutra
13. oorah
17. pockyD
17. chaser
17. TSK
17. Paul
17. Ultimascout
17. Rapid_Assassin
25. JP
25. Damon180
25. Moo
25. Velocity

Teams:

1. San Jose (Max + Sensei)
2. NJ Connection (Reik + Eggm)
3. Super Cookie Surprise 2008 III (El Komosutra + Swiftbass)
4. Magical Plumber (TheCape77 + Velocity)
5. **** I have no idea (Sheik + Wesley)
6. Tikki Torchers and Disco Balls (atomsk + oorah)
7. Team Spectacles (Vagabond + Damon180)
8. Arabian Beef Alternative (TSK + rapid_assassin)
9. A Good One (D20 + Moo)
10. r0xx0r5 (drew + chaser)

Crews:

1. The Tunes + Sensei + Cape (sensei, cape, eggm, reik, moo)
2. Japanese Fighting Punch of Justice III (el komosutra, ultimascout, damon 180, vagabond, rapid_assassin)
3. Fuzzy Peaches, are you ****ing kidding?? (Nakamaru, Renth, Taki, Max, TSK)
4. The Man Inside Me (Wesley, Swiftbass, pockyD, Sheik, D20)
5. Team ***** (Box, Tony, Drew, Chaser, Paul)

SSB64:
1. Sensei
2+. Sensei's victims

Props for all the people who helped make this happen, especially Damon180. Thanks also to Velocity for being a good sport about being bootyficated in the brackets.

More after dinner ish =D

pockyD

Smash Legend
fishy bracket =\... renth getting 2 byes in winner's while everyone else got zero o_o

mark, you got gifted 5th place :D (for example, both me and renth won our first match, then lost our next two; yet he is 5th and i am 17th x.x)

even better, oorah went 0-2 and got 13th =[

someone should've caught this earlier

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea that is kinda fishy, someone mustve not spread it out right. oh well. wish i couldve come mow, maybe next time.

btw pockyD that sig is great, i ****ing love that show

D

Deleted member

yeah, the brackets are kinda queer. We used tourney master 2.0, next time I'll try nealdt's TIO program.

D20

Smash Lord
Wow... 9th in teams. Poor Young Link and Yoshi.

It's official, I will never enter teams again... even if entry is free.

D

Deleted member

you'll be fine once you get enough gp to get a robe of eyes.

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
If there's something out there with regional seeding, that would be good too. There were so many Pittsburgh vs. Pittsburgh matches...
Any kind of seeding would have been nice. Mow and I played first round. >_<

EDIT: Doh. This is Reik. I forgot to log out of this account.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Good stuffs, maybe i'll actually falco ditto next time, this tourny was more for training my fox/sheik tho and it did, they got a lot better thanks for hosting mow, next time we are at the same event we should actually like.. play lol.

D

Deleted member

I dislike the concept of seeding, it's very rude for a tournament host to make brackets on assumed placings, and it's equally bad for new and upcoming players who are trying to learn and improve when they just get killed 4 stock.

If I do one of these again, it will be all RR singles, no teams or crews, registration on friday and spend all of saturday and sunday playing them and having fun.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I dislike the concept of seeding, it's very rude for a tournament host to make brackets on assumed placings, and it's equally bad for new and upcoming players who are trying to learn and improve when they just get killed 4 stock.

If I do one of these again, it will be all RR singles, no teams or crews, registration on friday and spend all of saturday and sunday playing them and having fun.
I personally like seeding based on location. It's bad for new and upcoming players to be eliminated by their siblings or best friends that they play all the time. Not that it mattered for me at this particular tournament, but it has in previous tournaments.

Please do another! August or later though. I doubt I'd be able to make the drive again sooner than that.

pockyD

Smash Legend
swiss-seeding would be very viable IMO; just play 3-4 rounds of swiss and then seed a bracket by those results

same (though slightly less effective) with seeding via rr pools (instead of just taking top 2 per pool or whatever, put everyone in the bracket based on their ranking in their pool)

with 32 people...

regular double-elim = 32 * 2 - 2 = 62 matches
swiss-seeding, 3 rounds = 16 * 3 + 62 = 110 matches
swiss-seeding, 4 rounds = 16 * 4 + 62 = 126 matches
pool-seeding, 4 per pool = 10 * 8 + 62 = 142 matches
pool-seeding, 8 per pool = 28 * 4 + 62 = 174 matches
full-on round-robin = 32 * 31 / 2 = 496 matches

round robin takes 3-4x longer than everything else =\

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i understand where you are coming from mow, but that only skews the placings. i dont see how it is rude at all, considering it is completely fair. without any form of seeding, players who deserve to place lower will place higher, and vice versa.

for example, if theres a tournament with myself, you, chillin and isai all on the same side of the bracket, some random noob can get to winners finals on the other side, and get automatic third, without playing or beating ANY of those 4 said players. meanwhile, 2 of the 4 of us wont even get a chance to play that noob that made it to winners finals, because we will all eliminate eachother beforehand. this means the less skilled player gets a higher placing than he probably shouldve deserved, and someone like Isai gets a lower placing than some guy he would probably annihilate.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Just like mow said at the tournament, "There are no bad players here. Everyone here is good." There weren't any noobs at this tournament but I can understand that sometimes the scenario that g reg just stated can still possibly happen. I would prefer RR if there aren't too many people next time. Maybe we can even do Triple or Quadruple Elimination, rofl.

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like this was fun.

Sensei you're the f*ckin man. Good job to you. Also to my hombres reik and yyyyeggm. Awesome placings dudes.

D1

Banned via Administration
Geez...wish I coulda made it, but random responsibilities got in the way. Good sh** Mow, Reik, Sensei, Eggm, Emmy, Cape, and shoutout 2 Velocity.

Maybe the next Mowfest DA could be able 2 attend.

Dwin

Smash Rookie
"There are no bad players here. Everyone here is good."

mow just doesn't remember 4-stocking Random Guy#8. i couldn't keep my eyes on the screen long enough to get a kill in -- i was afraid of being froslapped.

i had fun and hope something like this is done again. i can house 3-4 next time around, no one seemed to need it this time though.

*Just a suggestion: Possibly create on the spot seeds - assuming we have less than like 80 heads? Unknowns have to get 'rated' by a few of the more respected players. nothing formal, but it should sort out most problems of any inherent disrespect.
i suck and have no problem being told so.. as long as the people talking junk are willing to tell me why i suck so that i can get better.

i don't mind getting wrecked as long as i'm learning in the process. half the time i die because i'm trying to perfect a tactic rather than just knock Guy X off the stage.
forever student ftw.

Top Bottom