• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teched Out Enterprises video thread *please critique*

@ce

Smash Apprentice
practice. that will get all ur skills better cuz u two were moving too slow.

*and the ganon needs to be more agressive with the fairs against peach. if u space his fair right, u can hit peach froma safe distance.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
That's pretty much all we can do. We're starting to go to local tourneys every week or two, but most of the time we practice. You are right, more practice with better players is what we need. Any more tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah man...you guys listen to some terrible music.

Haha, just an ice-breaker. I only watched the first one (wanted to see a new Ganon), so I'm just going to give advice on the first match.

The Peach seemed well enough. I liked the up throw to umbrella combos, although I'm not sure if that was the best thing you could do. The peach I play again enjoys downthrow to tech-chase to downsmash. If you can correctly guess which way they're going to roll, that might be a better bet. Good spot dodging those Fairs and Down Bs, too.

Ganon...oh Ganon. Don't do those Down Bs nearly as much as you were doing them. They're definitely good for catching someone off guard, but to do it every 15 seconds is just getting predictable. In fact, the Peach spot dodged at least one of them, which is pretty incredible 'cause his timing would've had to have been near perfect. You don't need to double jump everytime you get in the air; if you jumped, you'd jump forward and then use your second jump to go backward. You need to work on your spacing (use that Fair to your advantage, mate) too.

You got up off the ledge by jumping from it everytime. That's not really a bad move against Peach (I think she's the only character that can't punish you for it), but if you played any other character, it might burn you.

Like I said though, I only watched the first video. You guys might've completely changed for the next few. Good luck and happy smashing.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
I really only have advice for slim.

You need to spam those Fairs and Nairs v. Peach. Also when you chainthrew peach, you only threw her twice, get her all the way to the edge before F-smashing. You can also thorw in a hit each time your holding her before throwing, as an easy damage racker.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
lol that's just my taste in music that sucks... everyone in the crew but me and melon hates it. i made the videos sooooooooooo...:). Thanks for the advice guys, I greatly appreciate it.

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
Wow, peach was haxing those stitchfaces. Nice kills with those :)

Umm, one thing I'd have to complain about was lack of combos on your opponents parts. Marth, Falco, and Ganon all have pretty ghey stuff to exploit Peach and your opponents did very little of it, the results were clear.

As for your peach, i'll have to stick with general things because you weren't really gettin punished very much where a better player probably would've gotten you good...

- For one, you got predictable after not too long. About a stock and a half into each match was able to read you pretty well. Predictability is the number one biggest weakness of any player. You get predictable against good people, you lose stocks, its a proven fact.
- I also noticed that most of the time after an FC, you dsmashed. Disregarding the fact that this is predictable, there are just soooo many other options from this position. you have grabs, slaps, and tilts in addition to smashes. Even a well-spaced parasol can have an occassional use if for nothing else just to mix it up. You also don't have to always follow up with an attack. I find if my FC is foiled and i don't like the position to push an attack, i back up, respace myself, and occassionally snatch a turnip if i get enough breathing room. *also, something to try, if you FC a fair and they shield, turn around with a dash and try instant floating a bair into their face if you managed to bait a grab. At low percents, this gets you a free dsmash too.
- You also have to work on your spacing and movement a bit. Doing so will make it immensely easier to chain attacks together for good combos.
- I think you spent too much time in the air from an overall standpoint. Yes, peaches air game is good, but her ground game is very useful too.
- Your ground game seemed very limited, mostly dash attacks and the dsmash. dsmash is good, just use it a little less predictably, because better players WILL punish predictable spamming. Dsmash is not infallible. Also, the dash attacks were pretty obvious. Try throwing in some DD and grabs to keep your opponents off balance with that.

I would be able to get more if your opponents were actually punishing your mistakes...you're peach is alright though :)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
wow... thanks for the advice! I'll definitely have to try all that stuff you mentioned... I never noticed before, but I am pretty predictable. I'll have to fix that :) Again, thanks for the advice!

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
I really only have advice for slim.

You need to spam those Fairs and Nairs v. Peach. Also when you chainthrew peach, you only threw her twice, get her all the way to the edge before F-smashing. You can also thorw in a hit each time your holding her before throwing, as an easy damage racker.
The only problem with chainthrowing peach is that she can DI out of the fthrow or the fsmash as I'm about to finish her. How do I fix that?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
What music is it...my speakers aren't working so I can't tell.

For that Ganondorf, I noticed you used the Down B alot...don't. It is easy to avoid and not that great. Only good for recovery. Also, umbra, your Fox seemed well and you play good with him. That Falco though, you kept doing basically the same thing and that made you predictable. Switch up those combos and do more mindgames. Good matches though guys...keep training.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Sure. Any idea where/when we could do it? As a group we have some serious transportation problems, but we can try to set something up. We all live around scranton and wilkes barre, and I doubt we could make it down to philadelphia... we can try though.

That Gaming Place in scranton is having a tournament on Dec.30, if you were to come we could do the crew battle there... If not, do you have any ideas?

link to scranton tournament thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=129099

Top Bottom