• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash families?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've been cruising the boards for over a year now, but I've never seen any threads about this, so I figured I'd start one.

I've been married for six months tomorrow, and my wife is due to give birth a week after that. I got her into playing Smash, and she actually did pretty good at the first tournament she was in (tied for ninth). We've already decided that we'll try our best to fit in the occassional tournament as we build our family together.

So I'm wondering: anyone else out there married? Have kids? Does your spouse play with you? I know I'm not the only one!

Aiko

Smash Champion
no, but my gf of over 2 years has been feeling left out of one of my main activities (smash) and asked me what the big deal was. She has thusly considered trying the game out. Lets hope she likes it =D

PeachyPeach

Smash Rookie
I'm not married...yet...give it about five years. XD

But i'm in a very serious relationship with my boyfriend of 4 years. And we love to play smash together. We are each others biggest rivals. He recently started playing in tournaments and i will soon be following him. We are both going to participate at EvoWorld.

The best thing is my main is Link, his main is Shiek. It's cute and funny.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
probably. most stories anyone has heard about smashers getting married ends with them quitting competitive smash within minutes.
I don't understand that. My wife has introduced me to new things that I share with her, and this is one of the things that she shares with me. Oh well, to each his/her own, I guess.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
You're not the only one. I've heard of quite a few people who get married and play smash lol =)

Good luck with your wife and child! God bless!

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I don't understand that. My wife has introduced me to new things that I share with her, and this is one of the things that she shares with me. Oh well, to each his/her own, I guess.
well its just thats its so hard to actually find a female that doesnt mind you playing smash as often as you do, let alone finding one that likes to play it herself!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Where is that one guys thread...he's married. Estebeatdown I think.

Anyways...married Smashers...I think Hova is married, KishPrime and KishSquared, umm, who else...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Good call on M3D. He said he was gonna try and make it to Pound 2 but I guess things didn't work out. JV and I played with him in the Meadowlands in early June, he still keeps up with the game.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Wasn't there a guy from like the original H2YL that got married, and then no-one ever heard from him again? Jtanic was it?

pdk

Smash Lord
there's estebeatdown, some husband and wife team in indiana and if i recall anden ditched smash for the army and later married; how's he been since?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anden isn't married, or dating anyone even. He was suppose to go into the army a few months back but hes still hanging around md/va.

No idea what is going on with Jtanic.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Buzz(saw) got married, and I remember him telling me that his wife played too, though she wasn't that great.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
Well, around where I live, I have NEVER heard of any females playing video games. Sure, they might play here or there, but only easy games (Disney), or puzzle/brain games (Tetris).
So, if I do get with someone any time soon...she'll most likely not be a gamer of any kind :(.

PeachyPeach

Smash Rookie
Well, around where I live, I have NEVER heard of any females playing video games. Sure, they might play here or there, but only easy games (Disney), or puzzle/brain games (Tetris).
So, if I do get with someone any time soon...she'll most likely not be a gamer of any kind :(.
lol, also females don't use the internbutz. :laugh:

I'm sure there's gotta be one female who plays video games where you live, you just gotta look harder.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Dude, i'm not sure if I'd want a GF who plays video games (competetively).
What if I totally get owned up tha butt? It's not supposed to work that way =)

Plus, I quite enjoy the "preppy" side of girls, where they make their hair really pretty and light up the sidewalk as they walk by flowers, looking just as beautiful as them.

Mind you, being with someone who just plays casually with you is probably top tier. Like, Fox top tier.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I know quite a few girls who play smash at my school. All of them are casual though, all of them have accepted brawl. sigh.

If I could find a girl that was better than be at smash, that'd be amazing. I'd think having someone around me all the time that I could strive to surpass would do wonders for my game, and her game too. Then we could be champions at teams, lol.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I know quite a few girls who play smash at my school. All of them are casual though, all of them have accepted brawl. sigh.

If I could find a girl that was better than be at smash, that'd be amazing. I'd think having someone around me all the time that I could strive to surpass would do wonders for my game, and her game too. Then we could be champions at teams, lol.
I know four female smashers! now that I think about it, and my girlfriend is going to have to love smash at least half as much I do

SalokiN

Smash Rookie
My girlfriend will occasionally play video games with me, mostly Mario Kart or Guitar Hero, she isn't that good. :(

Never smash...:(

Top Bottom