• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Sam.u.el

Smash Rookie
Always nice to see new smasher show up. I know there are some players in the Bend area, like Yatta Dante, but Tudios knows that area more than I. He might pop in here and post something about it.

It would be great to meet you guys at SF:E. It's a three day event, so if you have work you can always come for which ever day(s) you can make it.
Yeah When I told him (my friend) about the tourny he got really hyped. We're both looking forward to hopfully showing up. I'll let ya know with-in a week if we'll be able to make it or not.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Ok, so stpo spamming my thread with ride requests.
Everyone should go spam his thread with Pokemon questions.

*Surprise.
You spent too much time in France. The american way is s'prize.

Update for the first page, put down Me and Kaze as a team, simply named "Kamikaze". We've finally found our works, and we make a decent team now.

As for crews, I have one of those as well XD We're called FOD, it consists of me, Bonzai, and Kaze. You can also put (Lake Oswego) in parenthesis if you want, since thats where we all are.
k, I'll go do that now before I forget (no promises about not forgetting)

Yeah When I told him (my friend) about the tourny he got really hyped. We're both looking forward to hopfully showing up. I'll let ya know with-in a week if we'll be able to make it or not.
It's nice to see new people post here who don't say "I never played the game before, but I'm going to win (pit sucks lololololololol)" Hope to see you at SF:E and all other events. They're lots of fun.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Everyone should go spam his thread with Pokemon questions.

You spent too much time in France. The american way is s'prize.

k, I'll go do that now before I forget (no promises about not forgetting)

It's nice to see new people post here who don't say "I never played the game before, but I'm going to win (pit sucks lololololololol)" Hope to see you at SF:E and all other events. They're lots of fun.
<3 at that whole post

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Sam.u.el, There are two big smashers in Bend. YattaDante, and ZodiacMetal (or just Zodiac). I'll tell them about you guys and check and see if they'll post on the boards to try and set something up with you.

Also, T0MMY, why do you hate Pit?. . .:(

Sam.u.el

Smash Rookie
Sam.u.el, There are two big smashers in Bend. YattaDante, and ZodiacMetal (or just Zodiac). I'll tell them about you guys and check and see if they'll post on the boards to try and set something up with you.

Sweet! Sounds good. thanks alot ^_^

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Hey, anyone who wants to compress recorded matches, here is a program to do so. Though you need to buy it... its "blaze media pro". Here is the link to the trial version, as requested by Cmin.

http://www.blazemp.com/downloads.html

~Kenpachi
Lolololol, I remember trying that. Go with virtual dub if all you need to is cut + compress. It's freeware and super easy to use and compress stuff with divx.

Blaze adds way too many features for what you need to do on average, and pops up annoying trial messages, limits save bitrate (unless they changed that now) and is more of a system-hog than virtualdub. Also, you can record in virtualdub, so it's one program for everything.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
I love this post :D

Thank you B1NX for making me laugh today and remember that Chuck Norris is not afraid of the dark the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris.

HE can kill over 1000 men in a single round house kick........ think of the energy if he drank power thirst........

capncone

Smash Apprentice
It'd be nice to have more tournaments or biweeklies in Portland, since I can't drive and my parents aren't willing to drive me to a big tournament anywhere far away. i don't know if there's anything anyone can do about this, but I just wanted to say it. I've never been to a tournament :(

Edit: and by Portland I mean something like southeast or northeast or whatever. As in, not beaverton or something.

KRyu

Smash Rookie
Bleh.

I'm not sure if I'll make it to toda's tourney ^^; soonest I could leave my house right now is like 2 '_';

KRyu

Smash Rookie
**sorry for the double post... I can't seem to edit**

so yeah scratch that ^^; my legs seem to be sore too... looks like I really can't make it '_'; and I won't be able to go to that tournament with you guy either '_'; maybe I'll see ya on the week after? O_o;

cmin

Smash Ace
It'd be nice to have more tournaments or biweeklies in Portland, since I can't drive and my parents aren't willing to drive me to a big tournament anywhere far away. i don't know if there's anything anyone can do about this, but I just wanted to say it. I've never been to a tournament :(

Edit: and by Portland I mean something like southeast or northeast or whatever. As in, not beaverton or something.
im in portland, so is binx venus digital and some other people. if you guys want we can all smash at my house for some friendlies since my house makes a pretty good venue. so let me hear it from portland.. do you guys wanna have a get together at my house? i can even pick some of you up if you guys arent terribly far from me.

capncone

Smash Apprentice
im in portland, so is binx venus digital and some other people. if you guys want we can all smash at my house for some friendlies since my house makes a pretty good venue. so let me hear it from portland.. do you guys wanna have a get together at my house? i can even pick some of you up if you guys arent terribly far from me.
I'd love too. i've been trying to play Rage for a while now, but we haven't been able to yet. My parents can probably drive me. What part of Portland are you in?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
looks like I really can't make it '_'; ... maybe I'll see ya on the week after? O_o;
This weekend is 0C3, so there won't be a Big City Brawl.
The next weekend is SF:E, so instead of Big City Brawl, you can come to a much bigger and more fun event in Springfield (if you need a ride, chances are it will be easy to find one).
The third weekend from now, Big City Brawl will resume.

cmin

Smash Ace
I'd love too. i've been trying to play Rage for a while now, but we haven't been able to yet. My parents can probably drive me. What part of Portland are you in?
i live around 122nd and glisan. NE area. I can play pretty much anyday just gotta see if i get off work early or not. but um my aim is mrminhx and whoever wants to play just IM me and we'll figure something out

Binx

Smash Master
So I have been playing pokemon LG all weekend cause my little brother was over and I caught this really strong M2, its like 97 and has 378 special attack and 346 speed. Kind of hard to make a good team with only the first 150, I am thinking Gengar and Electrode for a good teem of 3, anyone have any good teams for 6 pokemon or 3?

Also my ICs are getting tons better I am proud of them now, I think they are legitimately my second best I figured out how to desynch into pistons which is really fun, I think everyone should fsmash in 2 different directions with ICs at least once.

cmin

Smash Ace
Hey portland smashers, im putting together a smashfest on wednesday the 18th starting at around 5ish in the pm at my house.

10939 NE Flanders st.
Portland, OR 97220
cell phone (503-380-0755)
aim: Mrminhx

thats some useful info. just come for friendlies.. its just to improve your skill. money match if you want but its not a tourney. All are welcomed unless you're binx..if you are binx, you have to kill your girlfriend first. anyways, theres info. anyone need a ride just message me or call me. peace out portland

food isnt provided, but you guys are more than welcomed to bring your own money and i'll drive all who are hungry to get some substinence. maybe milk might be provided since thats all thats in my fridge. but i dont know.. still iffy about the milk. anyways sorry for the short notice hope you all can make it

oh might as well put this in there.. me and jank got some vids up! check it out on youtube. search up cmin ssbm bye

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Binx, tell everyone your idea so those of us who don't know how to draw won't be left in the dark too.

Binx

Smash Master
LOL I am working on an idea where Popo and Nana are pulling apart the matrix of leadership. I am working on it in photoshop and I think I will have the main part of it done within a few hours assuming I can get photoshop to stop being so difficult.

EDIT here is a sample

Basically I just need to crop the matrix image, resize it to fit a little better, create a custom background, create a custom foreground, create a layer for my name which will be written in icicles and then merge all the layers together. And at least for me none of it is as simple as it sounds haha.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Kami, Jesse and I will come to your place on Wednesday to play you guys if that's ok with our parents and stuff. Call me tomorrow after like 3:30 PM if there's a problem or something, also PM your address to me.

cmin - We might try to swing by tomorrow if we're not sleeping at that time. Also read T!mmy's thing, it implies that on the way to 0C3 I'll need to be picked up from Eugene.

Venus - Tomorrow or Wednesday we'll play. Call me after 3:30 PM tomorrow.

T!mmy, Wednesday night I need to go to Eugene, since I need my car there for when I get back from 0C3.

Binx

Smash Master
ok well I got it mostly done, not sure how to merge them, been trying to figure it out for like 30 minutes.

Then I just need a good text for my name and for it to say Til all are one and I will have reached the epitome of IC/transformers fandom.

Top Bottom