• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Well, you know, maybe if I got an answer to a question instead of an infraction every time I posted here, I wouldn't bother coming back.

Strike three?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
[*]In order to avoid confusion, only forum leaders should answer questions[
Maybe you wouldn't have been warned if you followed the rules.

And, again

Can we have it so that we can search through our PM inbox?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
One grows weary of eating **** from the administration of SmashBoards after working so hard to give back to the community in every other respect. It's not my problem that the place is run by an army of immature, power-tripping warmonger teenagers. Lovely argument from a systematic perspective, but in the context of human decency, it loses.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
One grows weary of eating **** from the administration of SmashBoards after working so hard to give back to the community in every other respect. It's not my problem that the place is run by an army of immature, power-tripping warmonger teenagers. Lovely argument from a systematic perspective, but in the context of human decency, it loses.
Just don't post. Otherwise I really don't care what your opinion is.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
That hurts my feelings, randalooooo.
Serious.
:(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A classic moderator approach: don't speak, or else we won't care. *thumbs up*
A classic stupid aproach. Banging your head against the wall hurts, so you'll keep doing it til you pass out. *Thumbs up*

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I'd quit banging my head against this wall, but it's the only way to get a response.

That hurts my feelings, randalooooo.
Serious.
:(
"Serious." And that's the problem. Everyone takes everything so personally and gets all defensive when (up until recently, I suppose) every post I've made is in support of improving the community from an objective point of view. But that didn't really get me anywhere, so here I am collecting infraction points while hundreds of thousands of "minor spam" posts litter the regional zone sub-forums by the second, all unpunished. But I don't want to start listing problems and get off on a tangent. I'm running out of energy for that sort of thing.

Mic128 said:
A classic stupid aproach. Banging your head against the wall hurts, so you'll keep doing it til you pass out. *Thumbs up*
What the hell are you guys doing in the community forum administration business anyway? It's like you don't even want people here.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Get over yourself.

You might be pissed that you can't help other members out, but here I am, pissed that I can't come in here and explain to you about how your stupid little crusade isn't even worth fighting for. Because it's not. It's just stupid.

The "Link to thread" glitch in the calander still hasn't been fixed. Did you guys even bring that to an Admin's attention, or was that lost in Randall00's spam?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Randall00: Please take this issue to Forum Disputes, or PM me. Your case deserves attention, but this thread is not the ideal venue for it.

Xsyven: the Calendar problems have indeed been brought up, and Gideon is investigating a new, more robust solution.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
"Serious." And that's the problem. Everyone takes everything so personally and gets all defensive when (up until recently, I suppose) every post I've made is in support of improving the community from an objective point of view. But that didn't really get me anywhere, so here I am collecting infraction points while hundreds of thousands of "minor spam" posts litter the regional zone sub-forums by the second, all unpunished. But I don't want to start listing problems and get off on a tangent. I'm running out of energy for that sort of thing.
I'm just saying I'm hurt that you think I'm an immature, power-tripping teenager.
I really try my ****edest not to be an *** here.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Last attempt

Can we have it so that we can use the search feature to search through our PM inbox?

flaco

The Terminator
I got a situation
First off I got a infraction right.it supposed to tell you in what thread you got it right,well it says private?Also I bought the premium membership and I put the terminator as my costume title and now its gone and went back to smash director why?

Mic,Happy late birthday sorry

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
During my premie time I was given the impression that my avatar and title will not change when i lose it

well my title is there, yet my avatar (which apears at the topic of the forum by the user cp link) does not display on my posts. I have not changed it either

is there any way to get it back

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
During my premie time I was given the impression that my avatar and title will not change when i lose it

well my title is there, yet my avatar (which apears at the topic of the forum by the user cp link) does not display on my posts. I have not changed it either

is there any way to get it back
It was probably lost in a forum upgrade. There have been issues with custom avatars recently. Just PM me the image and I'll put it back for you.

Will rep ever come back?
No. Not like it was before, anyway.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Rep originally was supposed to be used to recognize good posters, however, people started taking it too far. You could only rep someone every 24 hours, so some people started using other accounts to get rep. The thing is it was to recognize good posters, and good posts, not to make some sort of minigame within the site. They would have to make it so much different.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
What he said. If it ever is brought back (and I don't think it will be), it will be drastically different, in order to stop people abusing it.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
It means that he's our local asshat (asshat=***+hat, it's a compound word). You know, like "friendly neighborhood spiderman" except it's "unfriendly neighborhood asshat".

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Finally found this. Do you know how much of a pain in the *** finding this is when you can't search for "Wii"?
MAKE 3 LETTER WORDS SEARCHABLE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IT CAN'T BE THAT HARD TO CHANGE!

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
MAKE 3 LETTER WORDS SEARCHABLE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IT CAN'T BE THAT HARD TO CHANGE!
Making 3 letter words searchable apparently slows down the search feature by a huge amount. Another solution is to enable specific 3 letter words in the database.

For example: Wii, Pit, SSB, Mii. Can anyone think of any others?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Doesn't the * thing work for three letter words? Like, Wii* finds everything that says Wii, or Wiirejaldfj, or anything that has the letters Wii in it?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ken, other 3 letter smashers? also common acronyms like SHL, etc. But no one has told me that it slows it down insanely, so I'll shut up about it now.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Doesn't the * thing work for three letter words? Like, Wii* finds everything that says Wii, or Wiirejaldfj, or anything that has the letters Wii in it?
Yeah, that was me that preached the magic of truncation. I was wrong though.

You, still can use it-- but It won't be reliable. For example, I just tried searching Ken*, and it came back with 'Ken.' The period was yellow, too-- so it counted the period as the wildcard.

So if you're looking for a three letter word, use truncation, and just hope that it's at the end of a sentence, posessive or plural.

Blackadder

Smash Master
What's up with the site/server?

It's constantly going down, and yesterday for a greatly extended time.
What's up with it? Is it fixable?
..or is it just me computer..?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The problem with the server is that we have more members visiting than our current servers can handle. If the traffic doesn't go down, we're going to have to upgrade to a bigger server that can handle our increased traffic. For now, we just need to wait and see if this is just a summer thing, or whether traffic will continue like this after the summer ends and people are back in school. I'm sorry if it's delaying your surfing, but it wouldn't do to upgrade to a more expensive server only to have it go to waste.

Eorlingas, as far as I've seen, there is no way to possibly search through the PMs. I've never seen an option for that anywhere in the AdminCP.

Scav and whoever else was helping, we already have a list of the most common three-letter words searched for white-listed:

vb vbb php sql swf ssb smb fox roy dr. pit kid dk ice mlg evo go fc fc2 fc3 tg tg5 tg6 ken doc 1v1 2v2 1v3 ffa ic mpg wmv avi dv vid btt hrc btp tt chu dat dsf ds rev gcn ps1 ps2 ps psp gb gba gbp gbc nes n64 best boo red ash pac man mii ray ike tio tia

For some reason, with one of the recent server upgrades, the white-listed words can't be searched for anymore. I just saved the settings again, so perhaps that worked. If not, then I really don't know what to do. Gideon or Kirby King will need to take a look at it.

And yes, we're having glitches when Premium Membership runs out with members losing the custom titles and avatars they had. Simply PM a Supermod or Admin and we can fix it for you. And don't try to cheat, because when we go to fix it, the custom avatar you had is still displayed, unless you change it to a default one. We simply resave the settings, and this fixes the glitch. So don't try to say that you had a custom avatar, because it will be obvious if you did or not. Simply don't switch to a default one, and PM someone who can fix it for you.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Why is it some words on posts have a long black bar goijg across them for me? They arent swears, and if you highlight them, it shows what the text says. I.E "I think that bowser is r8 smelly, my broth- *BLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAACKKKBAAAAAAAAARRRRRR* -on the game."

Why do Black bars run along some sentances in posts for me?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That's the spoiler tags, so if someone's talking about a new game or movie they can cover up the spoilers. Or just have fun with it. it's
words [/.spoiler]

Mic is great!

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Some black bars actually, at the pixel level, have tiny variations that allow them to act like a magnetic strip (like on a credit card or other type of SMART card).
This one here:
s4$#190*&!n4l+-%3@$
actually contains the same signature as my credit card. Of course, it's pretty hard to make a copy onto the proper medium and actually put it onto a card, so only the most determined (read: nobody from SWF) will try to do so and make purchases with it. Which is why I'm not worried about posting it here.

True story.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I've been checking my yahoo for about a week, and found it odd that I haven't received any 'reply to thread' emails... I checked it today and had 86 emails. All from here. But their dates ranged back to like the 23rd. Did the boards have something done with the email system or is the problem just with my yahoo?

Top Bottom